Print Page | Close Window

Would you attend a serious ex wedding ?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369685
Printed Date: Dec 13 2018 at 12:05am

Topic: Would you attend a serious ex wedding ?
Posted By: melikey
Subject: Would you attend a serious ex wedding ?
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:24pm
No.

Replies:
Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:25pm
My cousin ex of 3  years ask her to attend his wedding . Lisa said no way in hell after he broke her heart . The man wants her to be a part of his life no matter what . Confused No children together . The fiance is ok with her going to the wedding . I think he should respect her feelings at stop asking  . I am going to stay out of it .

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:27pm
Id wear a fly ass white pant suit and have my hair and makeup flawless and bring a fine ass date.....if you're dumb enough to ask.....

Posted By: missunfoolish
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:28pm

nope Cry

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:31pm
my ex said he'd come to mine, invited or not

I might but id look great

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:32pm
no

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:33pm
Hell no. I know my ass would look stupid sitting at his wedding while he kisses his new wife,

sh*t I'm catching feelings right now LOL

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:36pm
Nope

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:40pm
My first love died last year . I never dream to invite Curtis to my wedding or attend his . Maybe because he was my first . The man refuse to marry anyone after he lost me . I thought he would act fool lol. I felt really sad the day he died even after 40 years .

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Hell no. I know my ass would look stupid sitting at his wedding while he kisses his new wife,

sh*t I'm catching feelings right now LOL
LOLHug

Posted By: Meme0887
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:41pm
Only if I was completely over him and with somebody else

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:44pm
would it be appropriate to give the groom a kiss and a hug?  Cuz I wouldnt attend any wedding where I have special rules because of our past relationship.  But I wouldn't go anyway, too much bride and groom praising at weddings for me to serve a purpose.  

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:46pm
No. I even told him one time that I am aware that dudes think that it is cute to have a harem of exes milling around at their wedding and that I would want no email announcement, no invitation no nothing to any wedding business.

What the eff i look like sitting there sipping from my straw & smirking like Mashonda?

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

why are you trying to kiss any groom?

If I'm being invited to a wedding by a guy instead of the girl then it must only be because we are extremely close, it's not like I'm going to kiss him on the lips but that's the way ppl greet at weddings all the time bc it's a big love fest, hugs all around.  The only guys weddings I've ever been invited to were blood relation.

Posted By: pinkdiemond
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:48pm
yeap... i went to each and every one.... had a private joke when asked to speak now or forever hold my peace.......

family members looking at me..... i had a great time

dont look at me to stop your wedding....they all found themselves married

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:51pm
No chance.

I'd only go to ruin things, but I'm not that type of person.

My homegirl's mom invited her ex-boyfriend and he got into a fight with her husband at the reception. They ghetto so the whole thing got ruined and they pretty much destroyed the church basement

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:53pm

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

If I'm being invited to a wedding by a guy instead of the girl then it must only be because we are extremely close, it's not like I'm going to kiss him on the lips but that's the way ppl greet at weddings all the time bc it's a big love fest, hugs all around.  The only guys weddings I've ever been invited to were blood relation.

so non-related women kissed the grooms at the weddings you went to?

Yeah, is that really weird?  Air kisses and cheek kisses.  I would assume that it's only ppl who are long term ppl in the lives of the groom, not like co-workers and random who get the obligatory invite.  I think it's done because they're just excited and proud that the guy has made the big step.  

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:56pm
Well my ex better not invite me then.  I don't want to get dirty looks from bridesmaids with nothing else to do but tell the bride I'm there to get that old thing back.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

No chance.

My homegirl's mom invited her ex-boyfriend and he got into a fight with her husband at the reception. They ghetto so the whole thing got ruined and they pretty much destroyed the church basement

thats why you need some thorough azz groomsmen. nkgas fighting and thowing chairs with their bowtie & cummerbund on on the groom's behalf.

hell, i invited a couple of exes to my graduation party. i sure as hell had 2 undercover cops there partying with their eyes wide openLOL

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:02pm
No this is his day his day and his NEW wife! why would I go? even if i wished him every happiness I would be on vacy that week and send them a nice gift and card! That's enough

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

No chance.

thats why you need some thorough azz groomsmen. nkgas fighting and thowing chairs with their bowtie & cummerbund on on the groom's behalf.

hell, i invited a couple of exes to my graduation party. i sure as hell had 2 undercover cops there partying with their eyes wide openLOL

the groom is a latin king so they almost killed that dude

let me stop with these stories bc my life sounds so hood

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

My first love died last year . I never dream to invite Curtis to my wedding or attend his . Maybe because he was my first . The man refuse to marry anyone after he lost me . I thought he would act fool lol. I felt really sad the day he died even after 40 years .
BOSS! Best post of the year

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:07pm
would i go to an ex's wedding let alone a serious ex?

wth?Confused
no.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:08pm
omg omg he should have declined the invitation, he was an idiot to go to that wedding!Shocked

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:12pm
LOL

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:12pm
Yes.  With my husband/date.  Free food and drinks too?  I'm in. 

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:14pm
I'm over all of my exes so I'd go. I rarely pass up food, drinks and dancing.

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:20pm
I would go and show out, having my breastesses all exposed and wearing the most form fitting club dress I got in my closet. 

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:21pm
i'd accept the invite, rsvp and then no call no show to stiff them out of some money tbh

nah but fo real fo real. i'd go if the break up was on some grown sh*t. prolly bring my new chick with me as my plus 1 or go solo and holla at the single ladies who show up.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:22pm
sure

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

i'd accept the invite, rsvp and then no call no show to stiff them out of some money tbh

nah but fo real fo real. i'd go if the break up was on some grown sh*t. prolly bring my new chick with me as my plus 1 or go solo and holla at the single ladies who show up.
Sounds fun

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:29pm
I would go if we were cool and with a date/boo of course.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

I would go and show out, having my breastesses all exposed and wearing the most form fitting club dress I got in my closet. 
LOLClap

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:30pm
Weddings?! I'm known for not showing up to funeralsStern Smile

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:40pm
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeellll no.... I never wanna see that negro again, and defo not at his wedding

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:42pm

omg omg he should have declined the invitation, he was an idiot to go to that wedding!Shocked

Oh the problem wasn't that he was there...he might've been one too since she stayed dating LK men

It was all good til he started hating on the groom's shoes

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:53pm
has any0one ever attended a wedding that was interrupted (not by rain lol)?
somebody make a thread for stories.

(I haven't but it sounds interesting)

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by mangachan mangachan wrote:

Weddings?! I'm known for not showing up to funeralsStern Smile
DeadLOLCry

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:57pm

Oh the problem wasn't that he was there...he might've been one too since she stayed dating LK men

It was all good til he started hating on the groom's shoes

omg

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:02pm
Front and center and Laid to the Gods Smile

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:02pm
me and my exes are still great friends..but a wedding is too much.  i wouldnt go.they can come to mine thoLOL

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:08pm
No, cause I'd have an attitude if the broad looked better than me...

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Yes . The ex stood up and said she was pregnant . All hell broke out . Cry

Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

LOL

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:09pm

ShockedShockedShocked

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

theres no such thing. only downgrades after you. remember that.Big smileLOL

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:28pm

ShockedShockedShocked
I know . The bride father lost thousands in wedding cost . The couple broke up . I went to the reception hall and drank a entire bottle of wine . A lot of peope went to jail for assault.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:31pm

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

so non-related women kissed the grooms at the weddings you went to?

I like cheek kissing everyone but I'm Haitian....you cheek kiss strangers so I would def. cheek kiss somone at their wedding.LOL

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:37pm
who showing up like Lem's ex from soul food?

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:05pm
Don't think that I would go..

But I do remember that I went to a wedding that my close friend had invited me to. It was her close guy friend that was getting married. He was marrying his long time girlfriend who he had children with. The wife to be was pregnant with baby #4 and he had 3 different side chicks present at the wedding and 2 out of 3 of them were pregnant with his baby.

He introduced us to them, separate from each other and away from the wife who he had just married. One side chick was visibly pregnant and the other one was only 2 months with club wear on.

Things did get real though but it came from his side of the family bc they did not like his wife at all. His mom was coddling the visibly pregnant side chick and mentioning things like "her new granddaughter" and that she cannot wait until shes born... The mother was saying this so loud that everyone could hear.

So the wife, not knowing about the side chicks or side babies, is now off the deep end. The newly pregnant side chick is angry bc she thought she was the only one, only to find out she's not and that she's not the only side pregnant. The newest side chick is mad bc she thought she was the only side chick but realize she's in third place and that two others are before her and pregnant.

The groom is looking so befuddled like he has no idea how this is happening to him on this wedding day. Curse words are flying, furniture is being shuffled, people holding back ppl. They tore that Holiday Inn Banquet room up!!!

But prior to that, they did have some bomb ass food!!! This all happened at the reception part of the wedding. I'm always down for free food but its a plus if I am able to witness ratchet behavior unfold.

and the couple I speak of tried to make it but divorced 9 months later.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:09pm
^^^5 star post^^^

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:12pm
lol SDY all i can think about is that lady in that gif catching the chair and throwing tables lmaoooo

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:21pm
She thought she was the only side chick

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:32pm

^^^5 star post^^^
I agree . DeadLOL

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:36pm
The fiance is silly for allowing that...

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Miss SDY Miss SDY wrote:

Don't think that I would go..

But I do remember that I went to a wedding that my close friend had invited me to. It was her close guy friend that was getting married. He was marrying his long time girlfriend who he had children with. The wife to be was pregnant with baby #4 and he had 3 different side chicks present at the wedding and 2 out of 3 of them were pregnant with his baby.

He introduced us to them, separate from each other and away from the wife who he had just married. One side chick was visibly pregnant and the other one was only 2 months with club wear on.

Things did get real though but it came from his side of the family bc they did not like his wife at all. His mom was coddling the visibly pregnant side chick and mentioning things like "her new granddaughter" and that she cannot wait until shes born... The mother was saying this so loud that everyone could hear.

So the wife, not knowing about the side chicks or side babies, is now off the deep end. The newly pregnant side chick is angry bc she thought she was the only one, only to find out she's not and that she's not the only side pregnant. The newest side chick is mad bc she thought she was the only side chick but realize she's in third place and that two others are before her and pregnant.

The groom is looking so befuddled like he has no idea how this is happening to him on this wedding day. Curse words are flying, furniture is being shuffled, people holding back ppl. They tore that Holiday Inn Banquet room up!!!

But prior to that, they did have some bomb ass food!!! This all happened at the reception part of the wedding. I'm always down for free food but its a plus if I am able to witness ratchet behavior unfold.

and the couple I speak of tried to make it but divorced 9 months later.

is this real life?

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

She thought she was the only side chick

right? wtf?LOLDead

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:16am

awwww he truly loved youCry
why did you break up with him?

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:19am
And no, I would not attend my ex's wedding. I gotta bring a present or else I look cheap, deal with his boring family who fights with each other all the time, and pretend I care about his new girl and how miserable she will be with him since he has communication issues, no, hell no.

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 2:12am

ShockedShockedShocked

ShockedShockedShockedShocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 6:26am
Never

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 6:31am
sure.

sn: i hate guys in white tux...country ass shyt.

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 8:00am

No I wouldn't go to an ex wedding.

Well...I got invited to go to m friends ex boyfriend wedding..so I was her plus. We in the church sitting well civilized. And all is going well. Until the part comes about if anybody having an objection why this couple shouldn't be married. I only felt her hand raise from her side. Cold sweat started washing my face(mind u the wedding is in Jamaica). Everyone was looking at her. She stood and basically told the whole church that his to be wife has another man and she is still sleeping with the groom and he is only marrying her for a greencard. Wedding was discontinued...serious threats were made.They never got married.And it was true the to be wife had another man Told her ass I will never go anywhere with her again not even to the store. Yup and homegirl and the groom stil together up til this day

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 8:04am

No. I even told him one time that I am aware that dudes think that it is cute to have a harem of exes milling around at their wedding and that I would want no email announcement, no invitation no nothing to any wedding business.

What the eff i look like sitting there sipping from my straw & smirking like Mashonda?

The statement above is TRUE, many neygros think it is so FLY, MANLY, STUD LIKE, to have all their EX's at the wedding to 1) brag and of course...flip the script....you know they all still want ME.... 2) play with the wife's mind....you better say on course, you KNOW you can be easily replaced.

For me, I'm not in contact with any of MY EX's so why would I be invited.  TWO....I would not want them at my wedding nor their family for that matter.  When I'm done....I'm done....

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 8:11am
Maybe if I was already married and happy.

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

Well...I got invited to go to m friends ex boyfriend wedding..so I was her plus. We in the church sitting well civilized. And all is going well. Until the part comes about if anybody having an objection why this couple shouldn't be married. I only felt her hand raise from her side. Cold sweat started washing my face(mind u the wedding is in Jamaica). Everyone was looking at her. She stood and basically told the whole church that his to be wife has another man and she is still sleeping with the groom and he is only marrying her for a greencard. Wedding was discontinued...serious threats were made.They never got married.And it was true the to be wife had another man Told her ass I will never go anywhere with her again not even to the store. Yup and homegirl and the groom stil together up til this day

ShockedCry

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

WoW LOL

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 9:37am
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

sure.

sn: i hate guys in white tux...country ass shyt.

ugh.. i hate that sh*t

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 10:42am
these stories lawd i'm dead to da bed child

Posted By: P31chick
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 12:33pm
If I recieved an invite from an ex.  We would have to be on good terms and I would have had to speak to his bride to be at least once and felt that she would be okay with me being there.  Otherwise no.

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:01pm
If me and current ever broke up...naw he would not be invited. 

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by P31chick P31chick wrote:

If I recieved an invite from an ex.  We would have to be on good terms and I would have had to speak to his bride to be at least once and felt that she would be okay with me being there.  Otherwise no.
Thumbs Up

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:13pm
would yall attend your ex husband's wedding for the kids ?

(like ex wives attend funeral  with their kids)

: if invited 

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:15pm
say for example, your(GENERAL) beautiful little  daughter is the flower girl or jr bridesmaid, you wouldn't miss that would you?

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:17pm
I was thinking about that the whole time Purp.  I can see the answer changing depending on that little twist.  We're pretty close to hubby's ex.  All of our collective children are over 18.  If she got married for the 50-11th time she would be pissed if we didn't show up. 

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:30pm
50-11? how many ex husbands does she have?

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:34pm
We are not going to ex husband wedding . My child can go if she is grown lol .

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:38pm
I'd have no problem with it. My most "serious" ex is my ex husband and the father or my kids. He's a great guy and my kids like his girlfriend. I'm happy he's not with the drama loving hoodrat he was with before. His girlfriend of the last 3 yrs is from Italy, so I hope she cooks when I finally get to meet her. LOL

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

I'd have no problem with it. My most "serious" ex is my ex husband and the father or my kids. He's a great guy and my kids like his girlfriend. I'm happy he's not with the drama loving hoodrat he was with before. His girlfriend of the last 3 yrs is from Italy, so I hope she cooks when I finally get to meet her. LOL
DeadLOL Hey cream . I never see you in the weave forum . You stop wearing wags ? Happy to see you. Embarrassed

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

I love it when it's like this

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 5:30pm

Exaggeration.  She's twice divorced.  Said she's done for a whileLOL

ETA:  She cooks for us too.  When I visited her state one year she had me 5 pounds bigger when I left.   She cooks for us when she visits too.  kfoxx no love to cookThumbs Down

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 5:41pm
I could. X and i are on great terms and way past all that at this point.

Date Posted: Apr 03 2014 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Exaggeration.  She's twice divorced.  Said she's done for a whileLOL

ETA:  She cooks for us too.  When I visited her state one year she had me 5 pounds bigger when I left.   She cooks for us when she visits too.  kfoxx no love to cookThumbs Down

my brother just married his 5th ex wife (I'm assuming here lol)

Print Page | Close Window