Print Page | Close Window

Vanessa Williams isnt ageing well

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369666
Printed Date: Dec 17 2017 at 2:17am

Topic: Vanessa Williams isnt ageing well
Posted By: Yardgirl
Subject: Vanessa Williams isnt ageing well
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:03am
Vanessa Williams, 51, shows off her winning stage style in a fringed white suit as she celebrates her first night of After Midnight

And now Vanessa Williams has taken her talents to the stage of the Brooks Atkinson Theatre, joining the cast of Broadway's After Midnight in New York City on Tuesday.

But that's not all the 51-year-old had to show under the spotlight, as she overtly displayed her age-defying figure in a sexy white ensemble.

Look at me! Vanessa Williams showed off her ageless figure in a revealing white ensemble backstage of the first night of Broadways After Midnight at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre in New York on Tuesday
+9

Look at me! Vanessa Williams showed off her ageless figure in a revealing white ensemble backstage of the first night of Broadway's After Midnight at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre in New York on Tuesday

Revealing her ample assets, the Desperate Housewives star donne a plunging dress that featured a frontal split.

On top of the dress, Vanessa wore a matching blazer with fringed sleeves that she appeared to use as a prop, waving her arms in the air as the fabric flowed down.

Impressed with her first night in the show - taking over for special guest stars Toni Braxton and Kenny 'Babyface' Edmonds - the brunette beauty received many red roses.

White hot: The stars outfit included a low-cute white dress that featured a frontal slit and a coordinating blazer with fringed sleeves
+9

White hot: The star's outfit included a low-cute white dress that featured a frontal slit and a coordinating blazer with fringed sleeves

Love it! The actress couldnt get enough of her vintage-inspired ensemble
+9

Love it! The actress couldn't get enough of her vintage-inspired ensemble

Thank you! Vanessa looked happy with her performance on stage
+9

Thank you! Vanessa looked happy with her performance on stage

And she certainly received the love of celebrities such as American Ferrera, Roseanne Barr, and Robert Redford, who were eager to pay her special attention.

After Midnight is produced by Scott Sanders and Wynton Marsalis, and celebrates Duke Ellington's years at Harlem's famed Cotton Club during the 1930s.

Shoes to fill: The former Miss America took the place of other special guests Babyface and Toni Braxton
+9

Shoes to fill: The former Miss America took the place of other special guests Babyface and Toni Braxton

Retro glam: Even Vanessas hair was styled in vintage waves, coordinating with her jazz style shoes
+9

Retro glam: Even Vanessa's hair was styled in vintage waves, coordinating with her jazz style shoes

Support: Vanessa was seen with a bouquet of red roses following her first show as she posed alongside Tony Plana, left, America Ferrera, second right, and Michael Urie, far right
+9

Support: Vanessa was seen with a bouquet of red roses following her first show as she posed alongside Tony Plana, left, America Ferrera, second right, and Michael Urie, far righ

Read more:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2594877/Vanessa-Williams-51-displays-ageless-figure-fringed-white-ensemble-celebrates-night-After-Midnight.html#ixzz2xjnDwktI" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2594877/Vanessa-Williams-51-displays-ageless-figure-fringed-white-ensemble-celebrates-night-After-Midnight.html#ixzz2xjnDwktI  
Follow us:  http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline" rel="nofollow - @MailOnline on Twitter  |  http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail" rel="nofollow - DailyMail on Facebook

Replies:
Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:09am
Holy crap!!!! She really isn't, my mother is near her age and looks so much more younger than her.

Here is she at early 20.

Age ain't shyt!!!!

I wonder what the girl in my avi would look like when she is 51 *Shudders* DeadDeadDeadDead

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:12am
She's still beautiful though.

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:14am
light skin struggle...boo hoo

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:23am
I think it's just bad heavy makeup. Vanessa Williams still bad 

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:36am
shes had surgery and looks like she's lost weight as well

usually not a good mix

and her white side is showing (she is mixed right?)

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

WelpLOL

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:45am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

aging poorly wasn't mentioned in the light skin struggle thread

People be PC and don't wanna be sayin that but that's what I always heard.

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:47am
i hate SamoneL LMAO

but afro has got it right

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:52am

not mentioned coz of light skin privilege

Posted By: NuAttitude
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:52am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

shes had surgery and looks like she's lost weight as well

usually not a good mix

and her white side is showing (she is mixed right?)

ITA

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:56am
early 20s in the 70s/80s looked so old... to me

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:58am
i think its the chalky stage makeup...

I don't believe for a second she's aging poorly... 

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

early 20s in the 70s/80s looked so old... to me

Probably the makeup.  I would just like to see age progression on this lady with minimal or preferably no makeup.

nvmd, yall on itWink

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:03am
...Yeah she still kinda looks her age though...

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:07am
lol manga.. you tried

even my mother looks younger now

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:07am
Aging bad is not a light skin struggle.....momma00 is extremely fair and she bad......at 49 people ask if we are sisters.....plus I have seen some dark butts age like pumpkins......

All she needs is s deep chem peel and some skII

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:10am

she looks good.  looks better without all that makeup. 

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:10am
angela bassett is 55 and still badder than a mutha

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:13am
Looks fine to me.

I saw her up close and personal in A Trip to Bountiful and she looked great.

She's healthy, wealthy, and able to work. That's the definition of aging well.

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:17am

lmao.....

@ the op...she's half white. shrug

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:19am
she looked good in desperate housewives idk what happened

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:20am
...I don't think she considers herself half white or mixed

Looking your age isn't always a bad thing

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:20am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Them genes do thoughLOL

IA

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:23am
meh, she looks good to me

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:29am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

I love Angela but she's been altered....

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Them genes do thoughLOL

IA

eh----she was a called a n*gger growing up...i actually don't think she's 1/2 white...i think her daddy is of very mixed heritage but her mom not so much.

but this thread ain't about that---we both agree she looks her age.  Her kids w/Rick Foxx are pretty right? Bc they're both very attractive people.

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

lmaooooooooo

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:44am

I know its always said that its a light skin struggle but I have seen plenty of chocolate looking like it melted and was put back together...At least she dont have bat armsCry

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:49am
Ima just let the dark butts have the win....yall need one.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:49am

Them genes do thoughLOL

IA

eh----she was a called a n*gger growing up...i actually don't think she's 1/2 white...i think her daddy is of very mixed heritage but her mom not so much.

but this thread ain't about that---we both agree she looks her age.  Her kids w/Rick Foxx are pretty right? Bc they're both very attractive people.

i remember seeing some show about her, one of the roots type shows, and from what i can remember she's from one of those black families that arent directly related to whites but just stayed whithin the light spectrum for generations.  i was actually surprised by that because i always think families do that intentionally.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:51am
there are always exceptions. but the anti-aging properties that melanin provides as a natural sun protectent  are well established though, shouldn't really be a debate. takes a lot more effort and SPF to keep the crows feet and hyper pigmentation away the lighter your skin. taking care of your skin is definitely a requirement for all shades though.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:53am

I saw her in a dress the other day and I say cotdamn! Praise be to melanin and treating your body well.LOLClap

Vanessa Williams' stage make up made her look rough. She looks fine without it as long as she stays away from anymore surgeries.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:55am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

i remember seeing some show about her, one of the roots type shows, and from what i can remember she's from one of those black families that arent directly related to whites but just stayed whithin the light spectrum for generations.  i was actually surprised by that because i always think families do that intentionally.

yes you can tell they have a "type" in that family.

i think rhianna's family is like that too. the color change on her maternal side was pretty obvious through the generations and there were no actual whites involved. she's carrying the torch tooLOL

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:56am
female celebrities have it tough. 

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:56am

lol we do?

I don't even know this woman's age but she looks older

and I agree looking your age isn't a bad thing

Mugs acting happy as hell that she aging.....like thats gon make them look better.......seems weird to me.....

VW has been absolutely gorgeous her whole life.....she was giving JLO glow when JLO was still popping on ILC....

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:03am

they do

but let's be honest they have money and access

the expectations are set higher

who else has personal chefs, trainers, multimillion dollar homes with state of the art gyms?
if i had all that and was a mess, yes, feel free to discuss if my body isn't right knowing i'm going in front of the camera everyday.

well, unless i'm oprah, oprah is above reproach LOL

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:05am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

And Vanessa hasn't?

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:05am

Them genes do thoughLOL

IA

Oh I def. think they do....especially back in the day and honestly could you really blame them?  I don't.  There weren't really that many options.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:06am
She looks fine to me. I met her a year ago and she still a bad-bad

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:06am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

And Vanessa hasn't?

Aww shyt....let go go edit where I said she hasn't oh I didn't so......

Before I discuss Angela and them edges.....

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:07am

Mugs acting happy as hell that she aging.....like thats gon make them look better.......seems weird to me.....

Ya'll cackle, tee-hee-hee, and criticize  people's looks/situations everyday at every opportunity though. 
How is this thread unique/wierd.Confused

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:08am

i think rhianna's family is like that too. the color change on her maternal side was pretty obvious through the generations and there were no actual whites involved. she's carrying the torch tooLOL

well I think if all the men in your family look a certain way wouldn't it make sense that you're attracted to men who look like the men in your family? her grandfather and father are light.

which is why light on light love has never bothered me or made me feel some kind of way. but I know you said in your family the light women marry dark men to "Remove" the light genes.  Maybe her male relatives did the same with dark women?

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:09am

Ya'll cackle/criticize at people's looks/situations everyday at every opportunity though. This thread isn't unique/wierd.Confused

Its not but the light skin shade is at an all time high.....and we all know if that dark skin shade reaches a level blue this site was self-destruct......

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:09am

well I think if all the men in your family look a certain way wouldn't it make sense that you're attracted to men who look like the men in your family? her grandfather and father are light.

which is why light on light love has never bothered me or made me feel some kind of way. but I know you said in your family the light women marry dark men to "Remove" the light genes.  Maybe her male relatives did the same with dark women?

very true. 

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:10am
The light skins low melaninated Paupers have started the War of the highly melaninated Gods/Goddesses.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:11am

And Vanessa hasn't?

Aww shyt....let go go edit where I said she hasn't oh I didn't so......

Before I discuss Angela and them edges.....

Oh okay, so if Angela been altered, and Vanessa been altered, then basically it's a fair comparison.

Your seat's waiting right next to mine.

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:11am
She is wearing stage makeup ....

She doesn't look that bad

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:12am

Its not but the light skin shade is at an all time high.

didnt notice

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:14am
Vanessa wearing a wig?  not that there is anything wrong with that of course but they shoulda cut the lace back a lil bit.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:15am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Vanessa wearing a wig?  not that there is anything wrong with that of course but they shoulda cut the lace back a lil bit.

On stage they don't cut the lace back a lot

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:15am

didnt notice

By time you notice the moment will have passed.....

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:17am
will beyonce age like ms. tina?

i think the nyc climate vs. Houston will preserve her.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:18am

the way Vanessa's family did if for generations going back 150 years are so, reminded me of hispanics.  its like yeah  you have black ancestry but it'll take a genealogist to pin point when and whereLOL   thats why ive never followed the consensus that hispanics are black, especially since they dont want to be.  i get it.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:19am

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

On stage they don't cut the lace back a lot

true.  I had forgotten.

Posted By: Bonjour baby ooowee
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:20am
wOw hella emotions flyin high up in this here threadLOL

now its a angela against vanessa threadLOL

hmm, did Vanessa state that her family intentionally kept the family light or are assumptions being made ?

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Ever since i heard mz00 say QUESADILLA Angry!! i swear everything she posts i read it in an angry attitude voice lmao LOL

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

hmm, did Vanessa state that her family intentionally kept the family light or are assumptions being made ?

no, she didnt.   i was talking about after seeing them trace her family tree on one of those shows, and that i was surprised that she didnt have any immediate white ancestors. 

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:24am

the way Vanessa's family did if for generations going back 150 years are so, reminded me of hispanics.  its like yeah  you have black ancestry but it'll take a genealogist to pin point when and whereLOL   thats why ive never followed the consensus that hispanics are black, especially since they dont want to be.  i get it.

which Hispanics? like Puerto Ricans?

I was at my brother in laws momma's house looking through old family photos and I was surprised by their recent black-er looking ancestry.  I was like "who's this black guy?" "who's that black guy?"LOL But black genes pop up in PR randomly in folk but idk if PR people are checking for black genes like that.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:24am
Pity they aint.....they wanna be Spaniards so bad....

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:26am

which Hispanics? like Puerto Ricans?

I was at my brother in laws momma's house looking through old family photos and I was surprised by their recent black-er looking ancestry.  I was like "who's this black guy?" "who's that black guy?"LOL But black genes pop up in PR randomly in folk but idk if PR people are checking for black genes like that.

no im talking about the ones who say they dont have any black ancestry because all of there family members look the same because theyve been mixed for generations.  im not talking about the ones with a black grandmother or grandfather.  im talking about the one who dont have anyone black ancestor to point to but are clearly mixed yet they dont claim it.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:27am

didnt notice

shade?
Clown

got no time to count and monitor all the light/dark threads/ posts on bhm in any given day. I see a light skin thread somewhere, never opened it, dont know whats going on in there, dont care like that.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:28am

didnt notice

shade?
Clown

got no time to count and monitor all the light/dark threads/ posts on bhm in any given day. I see a light skin thread somewhere, never opened it, dont know whats going on in there, dont care like that.

Right so my comment was accurate.....LOL

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:31am

Pity they aint.....they wanna be Spaniards so bad....

some do you're right

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:32am

didnt notice

shade?
Clown

*listens to earpiece* ok yes... we have confirmation.  that was indeed Shade.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:39am
LMAO @ ND

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:54am
you cant even be a dark skin bystander in here

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:57am
shes 51 not 41 she looks alright

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 12:26pm
Vanessa looks good. I saw her on an airplane with no makeup and she looked her age and looked good. I dont think that she had surgery. She def does not look botoxed nor stretched out.

I think that the backstage lighting and the stage makeup made her look a bit different.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Vanessa looks good. I saw her on an airplane with no makeup and she looked her age and looked good. I dont think that she had surgery. She def does not look botoxed nor stretched out.

I think that the backstage lighting and the stage makeup made her look a bit different.

She has only had Botox....if you look at her pics she has gradually aged.....

Posted By: P31chick
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 12:45pm
The pressure of looking young is ridiculous. We are supposed to age. No one is going to look smooth skinned and wrinkle free forever. As long as we maintain a healthy lifestyle and keep sane and happy. That is what matters. Its too much stress and pressure to keep up with women two decades your junior. I think she looks great and she is in shape and still working actress. I know some twenty year olds that look beat down and dragged up and could care less about taking care of themselves. When Im 51 I pray that I am healthy..running marathons and happy even if I have some maturity badges to flash. We all gonna get old.

Posted By: Bonjour baby ooowee
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 12:49pm
she's simply a older aged lookin 51 / that's the way her body & skin ages/ nothing she can do about it / no she's not a HOT SPICY HEAVENLY  SEXXXY Tina Turner 50's & won't ever be/  Tina Turner is the page turner in the age like a HOTTIE leader / winner ... i STILL haven't seen anyone do it like her / in her 50's is when the bright lights started REALLY shining on her because not only had Anna Bullock gone through ALL that abuse this abused chick had the NERVE thee AUDACITY to come out lookin like a Sexxxy Mutha*&%^$#@EkkaClap now she is the epidemy of how to age like a Fly Azz Sexxxy Rock Star forget the rest ... aint nobody comin for Tina .... sheittt she probably just now in the last few yrs starting look aged IF that Wink

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 12:53pm
I thinls she look great at 51 and the number of children she gave birth to . On the other hand nessa ex Rick fox lost all of his appeal . Take care of your neck ladies .

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 12:55pm
altered as well.....

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I thinls she look great at 51 and the number of children she gave birth to . On the other hand nessa ex Rick fox lost all of his appeal . Take care of your neck ladies .

and eyes....best economic eye cream available in CVS Cera Ve eye cream with hyraloronic acid, ceramides and niaciamide... pick it up, prevention is the best

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 12:59pm

lol girl bye. It's a fact that more melanin helps hold skin better. Take the L and save some side cash up for that botox.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:02pm
I think she still looks great. I've always liked her.

eta: I've seen her in person before too.

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:03pm
I definitely thought VW was about the same age as Oprah. Still beautiful regardless.

Both Gayle and Oprah are about 10 years older. I really don't think it's Vanessa's color because I HAVE seen lighter women age just fine. It's just the luck of the draw

*prays my melanin keeps me looking 40 at 60*

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:06pm
That lacefront Dead DeadDead DeadDeadDead  DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

lol girl bye. It's a fact that more melanin helps hold skin better. Take the L and save some side cash up for that botox.

Yeah like I said y'all need a win.....its clear a few of y'all been taking L's ya whole life.....

But be clear.....VW was stunning for like 50 years straight.....

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:08pm
Oprah def got better with time though

time and money

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:09pm

I am allergic to the sun. MY face and hands turn into blisters in direct sunlight . I think vanessa age a little early due to tans . I feel everyone no matter what skin tone should use sunscreen . You can really tell sun damage skin . Again . I think she looks wonderful at her age . 

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:17pm

I thought Rihanna's mom was dark skinned? I don't think light skinned people are as prejudiced as people make them out to be. Only the ones on the borderline who ain't quite make it to light skin. Them the ones got sumna prove.

Anyway, this thread is mean. Let the woman live.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:22pm

And Vanessa hasn't?

LOLLOLLOL That gif is so evil.

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:30pm

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

That lacefront Dead DeadDead DeadDeadDead  DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead

Embarrassing ain't it? Black women do better.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by HunnyB HunnyB wrote:

Not working.....

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:43pm
Sure. Let's argue about the differences between light skin and dark skin 149 years after slavery. It's advanced us so much.

Why can't a person just look how they look? Why does it ALWAYS break down to light and dark skin like that's how it is for everyone? We want white people to act right, but we still look for reasons to separate us from each other. I'm so over it.

Everyone looks insecure.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:44pm
And I know blacks aren't the OVERALL problem. But really? Do we need to tear each other down? Meanwhile the rich are getting richer not giving a damn about the color of who hands them money. While our poor asses stay distracted by dumb ass slave mentality. We are all the same. Effing poor.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:47pm
Someone came in the thread and immediately started the ls/ds shyt and the usual suspects perpetuated it. This ain't really get ugly yet only cuz niccas be scared of certain people smh.

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:48pm
My grand mother could have aged better, but she is a high yeller beauty with very dry skin, living all her life in the Carribean sun. Chronic dry skin sucks. She is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen though.

I am so glad I did not inherit her extremely dry skin.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:50pm

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:51pm

LS vs DS will continue even after white people fade away from their lack of children and weak reproductive systems.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Someone came in the thread and immediately started the ls/ds shyt and the usual suspects perpetuated it. This ain't really get ugly yet only cuz niccas be scared of certain people smh.

Ur right. This doesn't need to get ugly. It's been a long history of ugliness. On blackhairmedia we need to start appreciating all shades and not look for opportunities to throw dirt at each other. We get enough $hit for being black everywhere else. This needs to stop on both ends of the spectrum.

We sitting here with mixed uncles and cousins, dark grandpas and moms, brown or white daddies, still talking this mess. It's old and tired.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

LS vs DS will continue even after white people fade away from their lack of children and weak reproductive systems.

Change starts with urself.

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:54pm

Aging bad is not a light skin struggle.....momma00 is extremely fair and she bad......at 49 people ask if we are sisters.....plus I have seen some dark butts age like pumpkins......

word. My mother is also 51 and gets carded. People think we are sisters as well.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

word. My mother is also 51 and gets carded. People think we are sisters as well.

They won't let us be greatLOLLOL

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

Change starts with urself.

I'm not here to change nothing, I'm here to let people swallow in their own darkness while I get a good laugh.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:58pm

I've seen dark and light age very bad....just depends on genetics and how well you take care of yourself. i've seen some unflattering photos of Angela Basset as well.

Print Page | Close Window