Print Page | Close Window

young dad wins custody over wrongful adoption

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369647
Printed Date: Jun 18 2018 at 10:46pm

Topic: young dad wins custody over wrongful adoption
Posted By: afrokock
Subject: young dad wins custody over wrongful adoption
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:17pm
short version below

COWETA A few nights before the due date, Jeremiah Sampson stayed up late texting his pregnant ex-girlfriend.
She complained about contractions and backaches and was ready to "get this over with," Sampson remembers.
He left at daybreak to drive two hours to Joplin, Mo., for what he expected to be an induced delivery in late September 2010.
The mother wasn't answering her cellphone that morning. And the hospital wouldn't give out any information.
So Sampson drove to his ex-girlfriend's house to knock on the door. Her grandmother slammed it in his face, he said.
Stunned, Sampson sat in his car across the street. A young black man in a mostly white part of town, he wasn't surprised when a neighbor cautiously approached him.
"Sir," she asked, "is there anything I can do for you?"
Sampson explained the situation.
"Oh, honey," the neighbor said tenderly, "that baby was adopted three weeks ago."
Sampson called the Joplin Police Department's non-emergency number and an officer came to the scene.
"There's nothing we can do," he told Sampson. "What you need is an attorney."

'Not necessary'
Born and raised in Coweta, a town of 10,000 people half an hour southeast of Tulsa, Sampson had four older brothers, three sisters and a strong mother who worked two jobs to support them all.
He didn't meet his father until he was 13 and hasn't seen him much since.
"I would never do that to my own flesh and blood," Sampson said. "I would never walk away from my own child."
In 2008, Sampson was recruited to play running back and receiver for Pittsburg State, a small public university in southeast Kansas that has the most wins in NCAA Division II history.
With Pitt's rural campus just half an hour away, students hang out a lot in Joplin. And that's where Sampson met his college girlfriend.
"I wasn't looking to settle down or anything like that," he said. "We both understood it wasn't serious."
In December 2009, after not seeing him for a few weeks, she came to his house with an opened box of pregnancy tests and disappeared into the bathroom to take one, Sampson said.
When she came out, she showed him the positive result.
"Let's go to the doctor," he suggested, "and find out for sure."
She refused, Sampson said. And he doubted that she was really pregnant, suspecting the store-bought test had already been taken by someone else.
"I really thought it was trickery," he said. "I thought it was all mind games."
The relationship ended and he heard nothing else about the pregnancy, Sampson said, until March 2010.
His cellphone rang as he was walking out of class. A woman identified herself as a representative of an adoption agency.
"You've been alleged as a potential father," she told him.
Sampson asked for a paternity test.
"If I'm the father," he told the caller, "I want it."
"The mother," she replied, "has already put the baby up for adoption."
"I don't want that," Sampson insisted. "It's not necessary. That doesn't need to happen."
'Not fair'
Sampson's case resembled last year's epic "Baby Veronica" custody battle, pitting a biological father in Oklahoma against adoptive parents out of state.
Veronica went to South Carolina for the first two years of her life before her father, Dusten Brown, won custody in 2011 and brought her back to Nowata, an hour north of Tulsa.
Then Veronica's adoptive parents appealed all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court and, after a four-month standoff in various courtrooms across Oklahoma, took Veronica home to Charleston last September.
By then, Sampson was nearing the end of his long legal battle, too. But Missouri law gave him advantages that Veronica's father didn't have.

Missouri recognizes a "putative" father as a legal parent, while Oklahoma doesn't.
To terminate a father's paternal rights against his will, a court must find "clear, cogent and convincing evidence" that he's unfit, according to Missouri statutes.
"Thankfully, he didn't have to fight it here," said Linda Kats, a professional counselor and an advocate for adoption reforms in Oklahoma. "I don't think the case would have gone very far."
In Oklahoma, birth mothers wield a virtual "veto" over an unwed father's rights, Kats said. Refuse help during the pregnancy and he loses standing in court after the birth.
Kats helped draft the proposed Oklahoma Truth in Adoption Act that would require biological fathers to appear in front of a judge to relinquish rights before an adoption could proceed.
The bill is languishing in committee this session. But the issue won't go away, Kats said.
"If there's a biological parent who's fit and willing to raise the child," she said, "adoption shouldn't even be an option on the table."

'A soft heart'
Sampson drove five hours to Rolla, Mo., once or twice a week for more than six months to challenge the adoption in court.
His son lived in Florida. But under orders from the judge, the adoptive parents brought the baby to Rolla when he was 6 months old.
Sampson caught his first glimpse of him in the courthouse lobby, but the other parents quickly threw a towel over the baby's head.

"I saw how they looked at me," Sampson remembered. "Like I was the devil.
"How can anybody hate me that much? I'm the father."
People complain about men who don't take responsibility for their children.
"Well, here I am, wanting to be a father to my son," Sampson said. "And that makes me a bad guy?"
The judge nullified the adoption in July 2011 and temporarily put the baby in state custody while giving Sampson visitation rights.
Hilkyah, pronounced Hill-Kye-Yah, warmed up immediately to Sampson's attorney. But light-skinned with streaks of blonde in his hair, Hilkyah wouldn't come to his father, who's dark-skinned with shoulder-length dreadlocks.

"They say babies are color blind or don't notice any of that," Sampson said. "But I tell you, they do. They notice."
It didn't take long to bond, however.
"He has a lot of energy," Sampson said, "and reminds me a lot of myself."
He shared custody 50-50 with the birth mother until the day after Christmas last year, when a Missouri judge granted Sampson full custody with visitation from the mother.
Meanwhile, Sampson dropped out of college to pay for the three-year court battle. Now 26 years old, he works as a mental-health technician and plans to start nursing school this summer.
"I'm really proud of him," said Carol Carter, Sampson's second-grade teacher who has stayed in touch with him over the years.
"It was very much a David-and-Goliath situation to take on the adoption agency, but he never backed down."
With no male role model in his life, Sampson was a rambunctious student who acted out to get attention.
But with patience, Carter helped him stay focused and taught him to read.
God gave her a special love for him, Carter said, and he became almost like family.
"His weakness, if you can call it one, is that he's too kind," Carter said. "He's a very gentle father with a soft heart for his little boy."
Sampson sued the adoption agency for allegedly violating his parental rights by going ahead with the placement even after he objected.
A Missouri court gave the agency a summary judgment in January, but Sampson is searching for an attorney to refile the case in Oklahoma.
The agency declined to comment.
Michael Overall 918-581-8383

Replies:
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:18pm
Young Dad Wins Back Custody of Child Adopted Without Consent
26-year-old Jeremiah Sampson waged a three-year court battle that forced him to drop out of college to pay for legal expenses in gaining custody of his child.

Sampson drove five hours to Rolla, Mo., once or twice a week for more than six months to challenge the adoption in court. The adoptive parents threw a towel over the baby’s head in court, refusing to let him look at his birth father.

Born and raised in Coweta, Oklahoma, Sampson had four older brothers, three sisters and a mother who worked two jobs to support them all. He didn’t meet his father until he was 13 and hasn’t seen him much since.

“I would never do that to my own flesh and blood,” Sampson said. “I would never walk away from my own child.”

Sampson is now suing the adoption agency for violating his parental rights by going ahead with the placement even after he objected.

Posted By: 4shopiece
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:23pm
I am happy to hear this good he is suing the agency

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:26pm
good things worked out in the end. he needs to sue and also the adoptive parents who i am sure paid a pretty penny in fees to the agency to get a clear adoption done. 
if they are not out of business by now then somebody isn't doing their job.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:28pm
 I saw this on Dr. Phil

good for him.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:29pm
Quote He shared custody 50-50 with the birth mother until the day after Christmas last year, when a Missouri judge granted Sampson full custody with visitation from the mother.

Stern Smile she called dibs after she gave away the baby?

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:29pm
Hmmmm....

Posted By: missunfoolish
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:30pm
he's a lil cutie tho. 

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:45pm
this happens way too often

they're basically kidnapping children

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:46pm
Great for him, i hate to see when this happens. Glad he has his son

Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:50pm
I am SUCH an a$$hole for my thoughts right now.....I swear...I am starting to hate me self. I will say that from that picture he looks like an EXTREMELY proud father.

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 6:15pm
Glad this worked out for him!

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 7:02pm
I am so thankful that he got custody of his child. 

i hope that he gets enough $$ from the agency to pay his legal fees and go back to school

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by StylingArabella StylingArabella wrote:

I am SUCH an a$$hole for my thoughts right now.....I swear...I am starting to hate me self. I will say that from that picture he looks like an EXTREMELY proud father.

Of course. A man will fight tooth and nail for a visually 1 drop childApprove

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 7:16pm
Damn

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 7:20pm
Thumbs Up

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 7:22pm
Negro can't even love his child without light skin shade.......smh......

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 7:26pm

Thought it was just me. Lmao. 

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 7:30pm
Black men really need to look at the girl family views before sleeping with white women . Most parents are against race mixing . I hope he can wrap it up and have a good relationship with his son . I bet the girl is a raggy wet hair becky . Repents . Disapprove

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 7:51pm
They look cute

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 8:34pm
Mama was ready to get rid of that black baby.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I bet the girl is a raggy wet hair becky . Repents . Disapprove
omg!!!  i hollered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  whew!!!!!!!!DeadLOL

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

but her baby doesn't look blackLOL

it's a damn shame that he had to drop out of college----which is where many black end up dating Becky's anyway

I'm glad he got his son bc regardless of what his son LOOKS like, you should never be able to deny a willing father the opportunity to parent his child.

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

but her baby doesn't look blackLOL

it's a damn shame that he had to drop out of college----which is where many black end up dating Becky's anyway

I'm glad he got his son bc regardless of what his son LOOKS like, you should never be able to deny a willing father the opportunity to parent his child.

Clap

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 9:41pm
well, i've read of other cases where black men are fighting for dark ass children kidnapped by white people...let these Brothas raise their kids

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 9:42pm
damn my 5 star rating didn't last long at all lol

Posted By: Brownsugar1
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 9:44pm
good for him....

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 9:46pm
I am glad that the child is now where he belongs. I wonder if the birth mother, the adoptive parents or Mr. Sampson named the baby this:

Hilkyah, pronounced Hill-Kye-Yah

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 9:49pm
I hate u BHM.LOL

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 9:50pm
Just think, if she had aborted him against the father's will instead, no one in this tread would even care.

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Just think, if she had aborted him against the father's will instead, no one in this tread would even care.

I shole wouldn't.
But he's here now so he needs to be taken care of.

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 9:51pm
Hilkiah was a  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_people" rel="nofollow - Hebrew   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priest" rel="nofollow - Priest  at the time of  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Josiah" rel="nofollow - King Josiah . His name is mentioned in  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Books_of_Kings" rel="nofollow - II Kings . He was the High Priest and is known for finding a lost copy of the Book of the law at the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_in_Jerusalem" rel="nofollow - Temple in Jerusalem  at the time that King Josiah commanded that the Holy Temple be refurbished ( http://tools.wmflabs.org/bibleversefinder/?book=2%20Kings&verse=22:8&src=HE" rel="nofollow - 2 Kings 22:8 ). His preaching may have helped spur Josiah to return Judah to the worship of  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh" rel="nofollow - Yahweh , God of Israel. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilkiah#cite_note-1" rel="nofollow - [1]

Hilkiah in extra-biblical sources is attested by the clay bulla naming a Hilkiah as the father of an Azariah, and by the seal reading "Hanan son of Hilkiah the priest".

Hilkiah may have been the same Hilkiah who was the father of  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah" rel="nofollow - Jeremiah  the prophet. As such he would have lived in  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anathoth" rel="nofollow - Anathoth  in the land of  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin" rel="nofollow - Benjamin , and was the father of an influential family in the  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Judah" rel="nofollow - Kingdom of Judah . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilkiah#cite_note-2" rel="nofollow - [2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilkiah

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 9:53pm

You just couldn't help yourself.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 9:53pm
yeah, terrible name

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 9:55pm
if it makes BHM feel better i know a black man whose kids look just like that w/his white baby momma and he is apparently a dead beat dad.

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

You just couldn't help yourself.

I just believe in being consistent.

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 10:05pm

Allllll I'm saying is it sho' would be nice if there was a spotlighted black man willing to lose money, college years, etc to have custody of his chocolate/caramel/latte seed. N* s be breaking their backs to dissociate from their black *whoops* children, so more power to him. 

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 10:07pm
Wondered if he would of fought that hard to get custody of him and Nae Nae's baby

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

yeah, terrible name

it should have been left in antiquity.

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

if it makes BHM feel better i know a black man whose kids look just like that w/his white baby momma and he is apparently a dead beat dad.

Ahhh. Balance.

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I shole wouldn't.

Except he was being taken care of so you could have left it at "you shole wouldn't", thanks.

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 10:16pm
Bitch I'll kill you.

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 10:22pm

Bitch I'll kill you.

Question

It's okay to be wrong sometimes. Wink

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 10:22pm
Pro life except in the case of rape or the mother life is in danger . Oh lord .

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 10:23pm
Oh you mad cuz you got caught in one of your pro choice catch phrases, my bad. LOL I'ma leave y'all to continue being hypocrites. Big smile

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 10:43pm
This is still pro choice though. ..she chose to have the baby adopted.

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 10:50pm

Bitch I'll kill you.

lmao! my friend says this and I imagined her voice when I read thisLOL

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 10:50pm
And she chose for them white folks to get it.

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 11:08pm
Mom has strong yt genes.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 11:37pm

I sure wouldnt.

she had it though...game Changer.

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

I sure wouldnt.

she had it though...game Changer.

According to...? The Definitive Rule Book of Political Correctness?

There is no logical reason why the decision of a child's placement between equally capable caregivers should take precedent of whether the child has a right to be born.

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 11:49pm
according to me...uh, you quoted me.

oh, and the law.

Date Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

according to me...uh, you quoted me.

oh, and the law.

Okay no that's not a reason. 

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 12:15am
Btw not trying to argue with anybody but it was really standing out to me the level of care some were exhibiting in here as opposed to the abortion threads so I pointed it out.

I am glad the child is with his rightful father.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 12:17am
When she told him that she suspected that she was pregnant and took the pregnancy test at his house, he questioned the authenticity of the pregnancy test kits. He did not follow up with her to find out if she really was pregnant. Blew her off. Do any of the single mothers relate to the birth mother's actions?

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 12:44am
Wait, u mourn aborted babies?

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:01am
lol .......

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 2:07am
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

When she told him that she suspected that she was pregnant and took the pregnancy test at his house, he questioned the authenticity of the pregnancy test kits. He did not follow up with her to find out if she really was pregnant. Blew her off. Do any of the single mothers relate to the birth mother's actions?
he did, she refused to get confirmation via a blood test

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 2:08am

I shole wouldn't.

Except he was being taken care of so you could have left it at "you shole wouldn't", thanks.
you arent this retarded, or are you arguing just for the sake of it?

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 2:09am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Negro can't even love his child without light skin shade.......smh......
guuuuuurl!!!!!!

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 2:11am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

I shole wouldn't.

you arent this retarded, or are you arguing just for the sake of it?

Both of them admitted I am correct and I'm sure you will pretty soon as well. 

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 2:22am
actually i was referring to you saying the baby was being taken care off as if thats grounds enough for the dad to not pursue custody of his son

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 2:28am
I made a simple statement. That if this same child had been aborted you would not give a f*ck. She threw in the child being taken care of which was irrelevant to my statement because the child was being taken care of either way. No I am not that retarded to allow you to people to construct a straw man argument that easily.  So once again back to my original statement. Read it and weep since you're obviously feeling some type of way about it.

Hypocrite.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 2:30am
Y'all could have just passed it up but you couldn't because you know it's true and don't make no sense. Paternal rights my ass.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 2:37am
And then want to holler its the law. The law my ass, get real. Nobody was worried about the law when that woman left those two babies in that hot ass car and that was a law that actually made some type of sense.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 2:46am

he did, she refused to get confirmation via a blood test

According the the article, he asked her to go get a pregnancy test at a doctors office right after she took numerous home pregnancy tests. He did not follow up after that encounter.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 2:48am
this can't be life...what does a person that exists have to do with a blood clot being vacuumed out of a uterus.  If your mother said she aborted a child 10 yrs ago would you mourn in the same way as as losing a 10 year old brother or sister...no.  if someone has a miscarriage will they mourn the same way as their child dying at 4 or 5 yrs old...no.  how is any of this comparable?

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 2:50am

this can't be life...what does a person that exists have to do with a blood clot being vacuumed out of a uterus.

I'm not even gonna...

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 2:53am

I made a simple statement. That if this same child had been aborted you would not give a f*ck. She threw in the child being taken care of which was irrelevant to my statement because the child was being taken care of either way. No I am not that retarded to allow you to people to construct a straw man argument that easily.  So once again back to my original statement. Read it and weep since you're obviously feeling some type of way about it.

Hypocrite.
you're on a soap box for the wrong reasons

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 2:55am

Hypocrite.
you're on a soap box for the wrong reasons

Okay. It's still true though.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 6:04am
just because my view is different doesnt make me a hypocrite

I didnt question the police in that thread or the person who made the thread. I said I hoped she didnt go to jail.

you are drawing straws.

a fetus isnt a the same as a born human being, imo.

your opinion doesnt out weigh mine and that doesn't make me a hypocrite just because you say so.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 6:17am

this can't be life...what does a person that exists have to do with a blood clot being vacuumed out of a uterus.  If your mother said she aborted a child 10 yrs ago would you mourn in the same way as as losing a 10 year old brother or sister...no.  if someone has a miscarriage will they mourn the same way as their child dying at 4 or 5 yrs old...no.  how is any of this comparable?
let alibies lobby on bhm for abortions she doesn't care about.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:54am

Of course. A man will fight tooth and nail for a visually 1 drop childApprove

Tbh. That was my first thought. I'm evil and bad and ignant I know. *sighs* *sits in the corner with a dunce cap*

Glad he got his child back tho. *faces the corner*

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 8:17am
Surprisingly some fathers actually love their children no matter what color the mom is.  I actually know two black men with custody of their fully black childrenShocked

Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:27am
Im glad he got custody but im sure the girl thought she was in this all alone with a dismissive, in denial bf and possibly non-supportive family. And the adoptive parents probably went through hell. I feel bad for all parties

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:28am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Surprisingly some fathers actually love their children no matter what color the mom is.  I actually know two black men with custody of their fully black childrenShocked

usher?

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 9:29am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

some of yall have deep seated issues

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:46am

My sisters ex-husband fought tooth and nail for his dark kids......and they aint cute either.....but he loves them just the same.....

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:46am

usher?

Chris Bosh?

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:50am

usher?

Chris Bosh?

Dwayne Wade?

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 10:56am

usher?

Chris Bosh?

Dwayne Wade?
deion sanders?

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:04am
I'm happy this man has custody of his child.

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:05am
I know some ain't sh*t fathers of mixed kids...

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:08am
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

usher?

Chris Bosh?

Dwayne Wade?

deion sanders?

TI?

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

usher?

Chris Bosh?

Dwayne Wade?

deion sanders?

TI?
master p?

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 11:58am
a lot of the men mentioned who have custody...most of the women here did not want them to have custody of their children.  was mad that dad even had the ordacity to fight for full custody of the kids. nobody wanted to believe Ursher actually loved his kids.  at least not according to the Ursher thread.  so yeah these black men have custody of their fully black chillens but the situation ain't the same.  at least not to me.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

a lot of the men mentioned who have custody...most of the women here did not want them to have custody of their children.  was mad that dad even had the ordacity to fight for full custody of the kids. nobody wanted to believe Ursher actually loved his kids.  at least not according to the Ursher thread.  so yeah these black men have custody of their fully black chillens but the situation ain't the same.  at least not to me.

Right. Fighting for full custody to avoid paying child support is not new in the hood and had nothing to do with the story in the article.

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 12:31pm
So are we gonna act like all of these men were fighting to avoid child support.....when with full custody they fully support their children....on their own.....

Posted By: newin2009
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

some of yall have deep seated issues

Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:26pm
Ive never experienced the whole bbm/bbd thing so it is all just a curiosity to me.

Print Page | Close Window