Print Page | Close Window

Would you post bail for her ?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369580
Printed Date: Oct 23 2017 at 8:16pm

Topic: Would you post bail for her ?
Posted By: india100
Subject: Would you post bail for her ?
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 8:56pm

Homeless woman jailed, could lose custody after leaving kids in car during job interview

By David Ferguson
Thursday, March 27, 2014 11:39 EDT

Shanesha Taylor arrested for leaving kids to go to job interview

• A homeless Scottsdale, AZ woman was arrested and her children placed in protective custody after she left them in her car to go to a job interview. http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2014/03/27/3419192/homeless-woman-job-interview/" rel="nofollow - Think Progress reported that Shanesha Taylor, 35, left her two-year-old and six-month-old in the car with the windows cracked for 45 minutes because she didn’t have anywhere else to leave them.

The Scottsdale Police Department told Eyewitness 3 News that a witness heard a child crying in a Dodge Durango van in the parking lot of an office complex shortly after 12:30 p.m. last Thursday. The witness told police that the vehicle was parked in the direct sun with the engine off and the windows only slightly cracked.

The temperature inside a parked car can rapidly rise much higher than the temperature outside thanks to http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=1606" rel="nofollow - the greenhouse effect . A car in the direct sun on a 70-degree day can quickly become as hot inside as 100 degrees.

High temperatures in Scottsdale were over 81 degrees on Thursday, http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/USAZ0207" rel="nofollow - according to Weather.com . Police and fire units responded to the scene.

When Taylor arrived back at the vehicle, she was arrested by police. Her children were handed over to Child Protective Services.

“She was upset,” http://www.wfsb.com/story/25039302/az-mom-leaves-her-2-young-kids-in-hot-car-during-job-interview" rel="nofollow - said Scottsdale Police Sargent Mark Clark to WFSB. “This is a sad situation all around. She said she was homeless, she needed the job. Obviously, not getting the job. So it’s just a sad situation.”

Taylor was charged with two counts of felony child abuse. http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2014/03/27/3419192/homeless-woman-job-interview/" rel="nofollow - Think Progress reported that she remains in jail, where she is expected to stay until her trial date.

Update, 8:47 p.m. EST: An online fundraising campaign seeking to raise $9,000 on behalf of Taylor http://www.youcaring.com/help-a-neighbor/shanesha-taylor-fundraiser/153519" rel="nofollow - has nearly doubled its goal as of Thursday night.

Replies:
Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:00pm
If I was that close to her to post bail, I woulda watched them kids so she wouldn't had to leave em in that car...

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:02pm
Ratchet. I don't know why people make it hard on themselves. It's called a condom.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:02pm
Such a horrible situation....I don't know

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Ratchet. I don't know why people make it hard on themselves. It's called a condom.

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:06pm
Wow, 35k as of right now. She can post bail and support herself for a while with that money, if she doesn't spend it.
I feel sorry for her because she doesn't have anyone in her life to watch the kids while she goes to a job interview. But I am glad that people are donating money to help her. In her mugshot on the fundraiser she is crying, and you can see those are sincere, sad tears for losing her kids.
I hope she can get them back asap.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Wow, 35k as of right now. She can post bail and support herself for a while with that money, if she doesn't spend it.
I feel sorry for her because she doesn't have anyone in her life to watch the kids while she goes to a job interview. But I am glad that people are donating money to help her. In her mugshot on the fundraiser she is crying, and you can see those are sincere, sad tears for losing her kids.
I hope she can get them back asap.
I agree. I guess the father gives no dam about his 2 month old homless baby . I would feel diffrent if the lady left the kids for another reason . I also uderstand the arrest . Think i will donate after she leaves jail if all of the story is true . Maybe she left the man due to DV after living in a house or apartment with the man .

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:16pm
I hope she receives the money, uses it well, gets her kids back, finds a good job and is able to support her kids.

Posted By: Chantal34
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:20pm
[QUOTE=liesnalibis] Ratchet. I don't know why people make it hard on themselves. It's called a condom.[/QUOTE
]

As Indie pointed out, this woman may have recently left an abusive husband. She might even be a widow for all we know. Not every single mother is that way because she couldn't keep her legs closed. You don't know her circumstances.

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:27pm

now normally i might have agreed...but this is a bit harsh...

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:31pm
Homeless women with children usually equals a very sad story. Her picture looks like she has been through hell. This really bothers me. 

This woman wasn't being a Draya Michelle. I guarantee you she felt like she had no other options and all throughout the interview was thinking about getting back to her kids. Cry

Mannnnnnnnn, I wont say much, but ummmmm....if she was my homegirl, we woulda flipped that sh*t so she was in an apt., on food stamps and had services in a week. 

Maybe Oprah can talk to her or something instead of trying to save Lindsay. *smirk*

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:42pm
Yes, she should not have left the kids in the car alone. She was trying to do better for her and her kids so they wouldn't have to live in a car.

In a perfect world she wouldn't face prison time and people would be trying to help her and her kids out of homelessness.

Smh

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:44pm
THIS IS in my town EveryBODY paypal me the money and I will go post her bail and help her get he kids back!

Posted By: ragincajin
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:48pm
Yes.

I have a friend who practices family law.
We nicknamed her Wolverine some years ago.

I thought I was brutal, but she's way worse.
And rightly so since children are involved.

If the facts as presented are accurate, I think she'd have the primary decision maker at Children's Protective Service willing to cut his/her own child's throat rather than be uncooperative.

I realize the mother's actions were dangerous. Prime example of mitigating circumstances if ever there was one.

I hope she gets a pro bono who is a real shark.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

THIS IS in my town EveryBODY paypal me the money and I will go post her bail and help her get he kids back!
Can you call the jail where they have her locked up first ? Maybe with all the money raise the police will release her tonight? What time is it in your area ?

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:51pm
its 7:51 pm

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:00pm
If people could raise money for that piece of detritus that roams the earth known as George Zimmerman, people should certainly contribute to this woman if the facts as presented can be verified.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:02pm
I would post her bail, many times women in dire situations don't get the services they need until child protection services is involved.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

If people could raise money for that piece of detritus that roams the earth known as George Zimmerman, people should certainly contribute to this woman if the facts as presented can be verified.
Right . Clap

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:12pm

You have no soul.

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:13pm
I don't bail out anyone, I aint about to put my house up as collateral but I think it's sad. Bad decision but desperation can cause that.
Y'all are harsh, it's not like she was in a crack house.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:15pm
Hell yeah I'd post bail for her.

This is so sad. This woman is trying to get a job so she can earn money to care for her family. It was dangerous of her to leave the kids in the car, but her intent was for good.

All these people leaving their kids in their car to go see a movie or go get laid but this one gets harshly punished.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Chantal34 Chantal34 wrote:

]

As Indie pointed out, this woman may have recently left an abusive husband. She might even be a widow for all we know. Not every single mother is that way because she couldn't keep her legs closed. You don't know her circumstances.

Exactly. How would she feel if someone told her mother the very same thing she said in this thread?

So fucking heartless. Haole mentality.

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:29pm
I feel terrible for her!

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

]

Exactly. How would she feel if someone told her mother the very same thing she said in this thread?

Sofucking heartless. Haole mentality.

lol so condoms are white people stuff okay. Wth was I thinking.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:32pm
welp

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:33pm

You have no soul.

right...

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:36pm
Freakin' Maricopa County.
Ah Lady Justice...you're a slut and a liar...and a profiteer.

http://www.mcso.org/Mugshot/Default.aspx" rel="nofollow - Maricopa County- Vote on a Mugshot for kicks and giggles

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:44pm

]

Sofucking heartless. Haole mentality.

lol so condoms are white people stuff okay. Wth was I thinking.

You weren't.
It's why you believe I was specifically talking about condoms when I was clearly talking about your apathy.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:45pm
I don't know any attorneys in AZ.

But I do know that there are all kinds of folk on BHM, so if any of you knows someone whose caseload will allow them to help this person, please ask them to call to find out if she is represented or has been assigned.

The County Attorney's Office (602-506-3411) is closed until Monday.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:48pm
At no point did I express apathy but keep putting words in my mouth.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:48pm

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:49pm

I don't know any attorney's in AZ.

But I do know that there are all kinds of folk on BHM, so if any of you knows someone whose caseload will allow them to help this person, please ask them to call to find out if she is represented or has been assigned.

The County Attorney's Office (602-506-3411) is closed until Monday.

Thank you . Hug

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:51pm

Bwahaha I don't think so.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

http://www.mcso.org/Mugshot/Default.aspx" rel="nofollow - Maricopa County- Vote on a Mugshot for kicks and giggles
 Oh NO!! . That sherriff is the devil son . I can't stand to watch his show.   

Posted By: Chantal34
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:56pm

Your comment suggested that you feel this woman is in her position because of poor sexual choices. It was shallow. You don't know the full back story on how this lady ended up this way.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Bwahaha I don't think so.

lmao right

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:58pm

Your comment suggested that you feel this woman is in her position because of poor sexual choices. It was shallow. You don't know the full back story on how this lady ended up this way.

Clap

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:58pm

You should hear the 'commercial' they run while they have you on hold.
Over 700 officers, all Arpaio's awards, how Arpaio dyed inmate underwear pink to save money...blah, blah, blah.

All I heard was "We're making tons of cash. Carry on."

There literally is no justice in this world. None.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:07pm

it sucks that nobody could have watched those kids for her.  having a network when you have kids is so underestimated--not even a mate--but a network. it really does take a village.  hopefully she gets the money and does something good with it.  this woman obviously wants to work.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:10pm

You should hear the 'commercial' they run while they have you on hold.
Over 700 officers, all Arpaio's awards, how Arpaio dyed inmate underwear pink to save money...blah, blah, blah.

All I heard was "We're making tons of cash. Carry on."

There literally is no justice in this world. None.
I agree . We need more attorneys and good people like you in our crazy world . That sheriff makes me ill . Praying she can hold on .

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:13pm

BHM error ghost are back . Ouch

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:39pm
I wouldn't.....sorry.....people can never find a sitter for job interviews but will be at the club......

Too many shelters and programs for single moms......you live like this I feel like its by choice....

Those poor babies could have died and if y'all don't think she wasn't in a bad situation before those babies were born y'all full of it......

*walks out ducking and dodging*

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:43pm
What if it was during the summer and the kids baked to death? No sympathy from me. Those kids should stay in Foster care or with family until mom is stable.

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:48pm
this is a very unfortunate situation and her plight sheds light on how screwed up the system is and how resources are scarce. However, I do agree with the decision to get CPS involved.

this does make me question, when she does get a job what will she do for childcare. she made a bad decision (for a good cause or not) and thank God they are OK.

this fund is set up to help her get out of jail and some money to assist her when she gets out. I hate that things like this just aren't readily available for people who need it and a tragedy has to spark outrage and attention. contrary to what society tries to say, many people do want to work but the barriers prevent them from doing so.

p.s. - I hate the term "ratchet" and am tired of seeing it referred to in every situation.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:49pm
tough. 

ive taken my kids into  interviews with me. *shrug* i would never leave them anywhere alone.

eta: no i wouldnt post bail for her or anyone else.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:52pm
This system is easier for single moms than childless people.....be serious.....

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

#fact

Posted By: whosbotheringme
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:56pm

This is actually true... we could starve to death... you have no rugrats?  It's ok then!Smile

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:56pm
I can't shake my gut feeling that lady was running from a DV relationship after looking at her picture . Very large black circles around her eye area . Maybe more info will come out next week . I pray she can hold on . I plan to call the jail on monday .  The woman gave birth 8 weeks ago . One would think if she was a neglectful mother type the system or hospital would have step in before the baby was born .

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:58pm
Sorry it was ghetto and ratchet. I could see if it were a ten and twelve year old but not two babies. There is a recent local story about a woman who is being charged for leaving her one year old and two year old home alone and there was a fire and the children died. She had a choice. I'm not personally interested in her sob story. It's not the children's fault and it was extremely dangerous.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:59pm
didn't two kids also die when the mom left them in the hotel parking lot during her 3rd shift job, which was posted here.  We see multiple headlines every summer.  

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:59pm
Mizz I'm not sure if this is going on In very state but a person can apply for childcare and not get it for months and months. JS the services are available but scarce.

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:00am

That is mean!
The most voted pic tonight is of a woman full of scars in her face
It looks like she picked on ger face until she bled or someone tried cutting her

Back to the topic, i hope the mom gets out tomorrow the latest
I prayed for her and ask anyone who believes in prayer to do the same

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:00am
you feel the system is "easier" but still does not mean it is not extremely flawed and resources are slim.

in addition, resources and accessibility to those resources vary state to state, city to city. so what you may see going on in one area may not be the same for others.

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:01am
That doesn't mean I don't sympathize because it's a messed up situation to be in but she put those kids at risk and I have to question her continuing ability to be a shephard of defenseless children.

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:01am
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

This is actually true... we could starve to death... you have no rugrats?  It's ok then!Smile

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLCryDeadthanked.....smh!!!

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:02am

Sorry it was ghetto and ratchet. I could see if it were a ten and twelve year old but not two babies. There is a recent local story about a woman who is being charged for leaving her one year old and two year old home alone and there was a fire and the children died. She had a choice. I'm not personally interested in her sob story. It's not the children's fault and it was extremely dangerous.

But this woman wasnt partying or meeting a boyfriend. She didnt have a choice. What services are available for single, unemployed women that cover childcare for one day? All she needed was that someone stayed with the kids for an hour or two.

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:03am
for the record, I do agree that she should have been punished. those kids could have died. but I also understand that people do things and don't think rationally when they are desperate. we don't know this woman's mental health state or nothing. that's why I am happy CPS is involved. I don't think she should get the book thrown at her, but we also cannot look the other way.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

for the record, I do agree that she should have been punished. those kids could have died. but I also understand that people do things and don't think rationally when they are desperate. we don't know this woman's mental health state or nothing. that's why I am happy CPS is involved. I don't think she should get the book thrown at her, but we also cannot look the other way.
Alladis.

If it were a single father in this scenario, I'd say the same thing.

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:08am
That's my thinking as well, I feel terrible about it all. I doubt she is denying help and not seeking services.

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:09am
I don't think the book should be thrown at her either, but she put her kids in danger.  She's 35, which is old enough to know better and do better.  I hope she got that job.

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:14am
I feel sorry for her. She was trying to provide for her family. I doubt she enjoyed leaving her kids in the car, the fact that she cracked the window open shows that she had concern for their well-being. But she had no choice. I really don't see the point in breaking her further by jailing her. She needs a helping hand, not criticism at this point.

Posted By: beautiful_hair
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:15am
Damn if you, damn if you don't.  I understand she was trying to do better for herself and children, so for that alone she should not do jail time.  However, she did put her children in danger by leaving them in the car.  

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:15am

Homeless people are going thorugh some things while we enjoy bhm and real life . I think she made a poor decison due to stress . Anyone can snap under pressure . Unless you are homless you can't imagine what you would do under the same circumstance . I understand the arrest . We need more funding  . JMO

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:19am
and there is not always availability in shelters. people are turned away all the time from shelter, kids and all because they are full!

Posted By: beautiful_hair
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:23am
I think it was another forum I was on where someone wondered if it would have been appropriate if she had brought her kids in the interview with her since it was for a waitressing job.  

But then that brings up the first impression stuff and if you don't have anyone to watch your kids for the interview, who's going to watch them when you're at work.  Again damn if you, damn if you don't.

Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:26am
I aint posting bail but I hope she gets assistance and does better. Those children could have died or been kidnapped

Posted By: ChubbyYeti
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:30am

I wouldn't.....sorry.....people can never find a sitter for job interviews but will be at the club......

Too many shelters and programs for single moms......you live like this I feel like its by choice....

Those poor babies could have died and if y'all don't think she wasn't in a bad situation before those babies were born y'all full of it......

Things happen, she could've been married and left an abusive sitation. My mother was married and had to leave my abusive step father. We have family, but no one would help. She finally got out and got into a shelter (luckily) with my brother and me. It's hard to get into shelters.

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:34am
And if she left her kids with some random person, who knows what might happen to them Ouch Her whole situation is messed up.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:39am
For that she should have took them inside with her.

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 2:38am
Originally posted by beautiful_hair beautiful_hair wrote:

I think it was another forum I was on where someone wondered if it would have been appropriate if she had brought her kids in the interview with her since it was for a waitressing job.  

But then that brings up the first impression stuff and if you don't have anyone to watch your kids for the interview, who's going to watch them when you're at work.  Again damn if you, damn if you don't.

I'm not gonna lie, I probably wouldn't hire someone who walked in for an interview with two kids in tow.

Sounds fukced up, but I would probably think, "This heffa will probably call out all the time."

I don't like what she did, but I kinda understand.

Hopefully someone in the city will see this and offer her a job.

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 2:46am
it sucks she couldnt find anyone to watch her children, but she made a very poor choice

she won't get the job by getting arrested and showing poor judgment

i wouldve brought the kids inside

Posted By: yurika975
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 6:59am
What irks me is that I know she made a bad choice. But then I think about that cow in the other thread that was living in squalor. Poor kids teeth rotting and children absent from school. Then they still didn't want to snatch away the kids.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 7:16am
You cannot leave babies that young alone.
No excuse.

But yeah I would post bail and watch her crumbsnatchers for her interview.

She needs a support system.
It's sad when ppl don't have it.

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 8:01am
where is their father in all this? this is sad.

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 8:13am

This is exactly the sort of thing I hear from my colleagues when it comes to matters of race, black people and the good old USA.

They ALWAYS say blacks could do better if they wanted. (Never any mention of the many ways and means their kind employed to keep blacks as second class citizens.)

They ALWAYS says that blacks live in poverty, have poor educations, have less money, have no nuclear family structures, comprise the majority in the prisons, are very poor decision makers, etc., ( Never any mention that even when all things are relatively equal, blacks still fare less favorably than whites.)

Nope. Their take on everything is that blacks are lazy, less intelligent, and like living the way they do.

Oh, it's a real party at work after an expressly active holiday weekend in places like Chicago. Their glee is unrestrained as they talk about how many of "those people" killed one another over the weekend.

Then there's the, "But look at you. You're proof that blacks can if they tried. Blacks just don't want much. They like their lives just as they are." (With never any mention of the landmines they've left in my path over the years. Cause...you know...they're ALWAYS innocent.)

These are the reasons they give their money to save a freakin’ whale, but wouldn’t give a dime to black scholarships, etc.

Save the whales, fu*k the blacks. It’s a mantra.

No one thinks leaving the children was a good idea. But I think everyone understands desperation when they see it.

I can just imagine what the racists in my office will have to say about this Monday morning. Oh joy.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 8:22am
She was in a no win situation, if she had someone to watch the kids then Im quite sure they would not have been homeless in the first place. What friend would say yeah I will watch your kids but you cant stay here? Shelters have limits and people get turned away everyday, so that is not always an option.

Its easy to say what we could or would not do from the comforts of our home.....

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 9:45am
For any mother to think this was her best option, she must have been in a terrible situation... This is sad all round, and is a reflection of society these days that it had to come to this before she gets any help.
Hope she can get back on her feet.....

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 10:13am
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

where is their father in all this? this is sad.

I was gonna ask this... but I said nah

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 10:38am
well on a side note if she got the job who was going to watch them while she was at her first 2 weeks of work? She sounds ill. Yes I think mental illness is rammped in America. Nothing is perfect but I know for sure there are some services in the area UMOM, FreshStart, women and children are a special priority! But then again I don't know what people really go thru when they are on the street

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 10:41am

http://madamenoire.com/414851/shanesha-taylor-fundraising-campaign/" rel="nofollow - $27,000 Raised In Honor Of Shanesa Taylor, Homeless Mom Who Left Kids In Hot Car To Go On Job Interview

http://madamenoire.com/414851/shanesha-taylor-fundraising-campaign/#disqus_thread" rel="nofollow - 108 Comments
March 28, 2014 ‐ By https://plus.google.com/116482175056051174600" rel="nofollow - Victoria Uwumarogie
http://madamenoire.com/414851/shanesha-taylor-fundraising-campaign/" rel="nofollow">
http://cdn.madamenoire.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Shanesha.jpeg" rel="nofollow">Google Plus

Google Plus

I’m sure you have heard about http://madamenoire.com/413296/shanesha-taylor-peculiar-prosecution-black-women/" rel="nofollow - Shanesha Taylor . The Scottsdale, Ariz. native and 35-year-old homeless mother of two was arrested after she left her 2-year-old and six-month-old sons in a hot SUV that was locked with the windows cracked as she went for a job interview at an insurance company. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/homeless-woman-shanesha-taylor-arrested-after-leaving-sons-in-hot-car-to-attend-job-interview/story-fni0xs61-1226867092692" rel="nofollow - According to the Herald Sun , a passerby heard Taylor’s youngest child crying and called police. When they arrived, Taylor returned to her car 45 minutes after police got to the scene, and when police arrested her, the two boys were reportedly “crying and sweating profusely.” Taylor told police that she was homeless and needed the work, and because she couldn’t find someone to watch her kids, she had to take them with her. This event occurred on March 20.

The response to her story has been split, with some people saying that while she did make a mistake, she was simply trying to find work to feed her kids. Others say, she left two kids in a hot car, it’s wrong, dangerous, and she should have known better. Well, those in support of Taylor have actually set up a http://www.youcaring.com/help-a-neighbor/shanesha-taylor-fundraiser/153519" rel="nofollow - fundraising campaign on YouCaring.com to help raise money for Taylor and her kids, who are in the custody of Child Protective Services at this time as she awaits charges. The goal was only $9,000, which according to the person who set up the fundraising campaign, Amanda Bishop, would be put into an account for her family. However, the fundraiser has brought in a whopping $27,000 (at the time of this post, $27,827). Here’s what Bishop had to say about why she created the campaign for Taylor:

“There are some of us that feel that Shanesha was in an unfortunate situation that sadly an economy like ours is putting many single mother’s in a position to make terrible mistakes like this. This fund raiser was set up in an effort to help Shanesha and her situation.”

And those who contributed funds to the campaign as supporters left different messages they are hoping will get to Taylor, letting her know that they stand by her:

“I can’t give too much but I can see the pain and struggle in her mugshot and that hurts my heart. Even if I’m only able to give a little …. I want to help.”

“You were stuck between a rock and a hard place, not an easy decision. I wish you the best. Stay strong!”

“Dear Shanesha, I am so sorry that we live in a world with such inequality. My mother was a single working mom and I know how hard it was for her, and she was white, with a college education. I don’t know your background, but I know you deserve a home and a job and a safe environment to raise your children. You are a caring human being, trying your best, and the system is horribly unfair. We need to support you. Please don’t give up hope!”

The generosity of the people in this campaign is very moving. As previously mentioned, Taylor’s children have been taken into custody by CPS, and as for her, she has been charged with two felony child abuse charges and remains in jail, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/28/shanesha-taylor-homeless-mom-arrested_n_5050356.html" rel="nofollow - according to The Huffington Post . The whole situation is a sad one. If you would like to support the campaign, check out the fundraising page on http://www.youcaring.com/help-a-neighbor/shanesha-taylor-fundraiser/153519" rel="nofollow - YouCaring and get more details on where the money is going and what other ways you can help Taylor.

- See more at: http://madamenoire.com/414851/shanesha-taylor-fundraising-campaign/#sthash.rugopvMV.dpuf

Posted By: whosbotheringme
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 11:26am

This is exactly the sort of thing I hear from my colleagues when it comes to matters of race, black people and the good old USA.

They ALWAYS say blacks could do better if they wanted. (Never any mention of the many ways and means their kind employed to keep blacks as second class citizens.)

They ALWAYS says that blacks live in poverty, have poor educations, have less money, have no nuclear family structures, comprise the majority in the prisons, are very poor decision makers, etc., ( Never any mention that even when all things are relatively equal, blacks still fare less favorably than whites.)

Nope. Their take on everything is that blacks are lazy, less intelligent, and like living the way they do.

Oh, it's a real party at work after an expressly active holiday weekend in places like Chicago. Their glee is unrestrained as they talk about how many of "those people" killed one another over the weekend.

Then there's the, "But look at you. You're proof that blacks can if they tried. Blacks just don't want much. They like their lives just as they are." (With never any mention of the landmines they've left in my path over the years. Cause...you know...they're ALWAYS innocent.)

These are the reasons they give their money to save a freakin’ whale, but wouldn’t give a dime to black scholarships, etc.

No one thinks leaving the children was a good idea. But I think everyone understands desperation when they see it.

I can just imagine what the racists in my office will have to say about this Monday morning. Oh joy.

Heart

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 11:37am
I need to know more background information about her because all I got from this story is that she is 35 years old and she is not at the point where she can take care of two babies and herself. Hopefully CPS will be able to find a better situation for her children. Whoever fathered these children should be charged for neglect.

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 11:40am
^ I am amazed that people are doing something the web page has posted almost 50k I hope she get the help she needs

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 11:42am
Just curious what do you think AGe has to do with this? Anything can happen to anyone Homelessness is not a choice many would choose to make I know people who live pay check to pay check and that's REAL and they are in there 60's

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 11:49am
I see a head full of weave and eye lashes......My comment stands.....

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 11:56am
I can't even lie... them lashes got me feeling a certain way...

they really shoulda kept that last picture.... lol

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 11:58am

So are we going to acknowledge that people make very poor decision that lead to terrible situations?
The only victims in this situation are the children that had no choice......

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:01pm

stupid lil chipmunk

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

She has a full weave in her mug shot.....

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:11pm
Which might be evidence that she was in a relationship with an abusive man.....and left.

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:15pm

yea but it looks bad...she coulda been holding on to it for months....

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:22pm

Nah it look like she just got processed.....

Im sorry a 2 years old and a 6 month old in a car for 45 minutes AFTER the police arrived....in Arizona....she should have been arrested......that 2 year old could have gotten out the and been wondering around.....ran over abducted.....molested.....murdered.....

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:26pm
I wouldnt post bail, but I feel for her...

Because regardless of what her children could have very well died........

Getting a job to provide for them wouldn't have done any good if they are dead and gone...so for that...she is behind bars.

But she will get out...and I hope she makes better decisions when she does.

Hopefully some employer will see this and offer her a job.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:28pm
I don't think anyone is saying she shouldn't have been arrested.
She should have been.
Her kids needed to be taken.
And she needs to get her sh*t together when she gets out.

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:29pm
Shes blessed that someone found those kids and they were alive and well.....thats her blessing....she could be in jail for two counts of murder.

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:29pm

Nah it look like she just got processed.....

Im sorry a 2 years old and a 6 month old in a car for 45 minutes AFTER the police arrived....in Arizona....she should have been arrested......that 2 year old could have gotten out the and been wondering around.....ran over abducted.....molested.....murdered.....

i agree, im not doubting what you're saying...she was wrong...i agree

Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:33pm

I just really hope this was a one time mistake and not a lifestyle.....

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 12:36pm
Sad.
Ot: I live in Az(moved here last year), everybody out here has me believing Scottsdale is THE place, where all the so called rich live work and play. Nuttin' but crakas out that way, very few blacks(most of whom are professional athletes). It's nice don't get me wrong, but the way folks brag about it, you would think they didn't allow poor or middle class to even visit there.

Print Page | Close Window