Print Page | Close Window

why do people put faith in psychics?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369568
Printed Date: Nov 18 2017 at 6:34am

Topic: why do people put faith in psychics?
Posted By: Josephuss
Subject: why do people put faith in psychics?
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 1:02pm
and mediums, as well as astrology, numerology,  or anything  of a similar nature? first and foremost most of  it is fake and uses parlor tricks to prey on naive, gullible people to waste money. second if you  believe in its power you are acknowledging the fact you believe in good and bad spirits, or angels and  demons meaning  you also  believe in God and the devil. Being as though the Bible is the bridge between man and God, it would be logical to assume you believe that to. Now the Bible commands to refrain from things of such nature, so it makes no sense for anyone  to involve themselves with.

im not being judgmental since some people dont see the harm, dont know God's stance on it, and thinks it can be helpful, but most people know not to associate with ouija boards because of its dark, mystical elements controlled by deceptive demons who want to turn you  away from Jehovah. Just remember the devil tries to  appear as an angel of light so dont believe the hype even if it seems to help you.

Replies:
Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 1:07pm
you been preaching the gospel a lot lately.  all this after one bible reading?  you got the juice now.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 1:12pm
yesterday I said something regarding a psychic reading to a poster so this was on my mind. im not a Bible thumper or preacher and I know most dont take me seriously so lets just take this as a subject for a thread.

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 1:40pm
I will say this though. The moon affects us, so why wouldn't the stars not affect us as well?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2590317/Dark-moon-Why-youre-likely-weird-wonderful-dreams-certain-nights.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2590317/Dark-moon-Why-youre-likely-weird-wonderful-dreams-certain-nights.html

http://science.time.com/2013/07/25/how-the-moon-messes-with-your-sleep/" rel="nofollow - http://science.time.com/2013/07/25/how-the-moon-messes-with-your-sleep/

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 1:44pm
because it's interesting to hear what the demons who have watched you all your life tell the psychic...

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

I will say this though. The moon affects us, so why wouldn't the stars not affect us as well?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2590317/Dark-moon-Why-youre-likely-weird-wonderful-dreams-certain-nights.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2590317/Dark-moon-Why-youre-likely-weird-wonderful-dreams-certain-nights.html

http://science.time.com/2013/07/25/how-the-moon-messes-with-your-sleep/" rel="nofollow - http://science.time.com/2013/07/25/how-the-moon-messes-with-your-sleep/
maybe the moon can effect us in the same sense as the climate can effect, but as far as predicting future events, contacting the dead, etc, its best not to give power to those things even if we think we're benefiting because of its true source.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Josephuss Josephuss wrote:

Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

maybe the moon can effect us in the same sense as the climate can effect, but as far as predicting future events, contacting the dead, etc, its best not to give power to those things even if we think we're benefiting because of its true source.

Oh, that. I don't believe in that. LOL
They can give a certain "Age or time or period"

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

you been preaching the gospel a lot lately.  all this after one bible reading?  you got the juice now.
this is the wonder i know

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 1:58pm
People look for answers and there are times when God says no but if your money is right, many psychics and mediums will make the answer they want to hear appear to be true.

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 2:03pm
demons? now that I never heard

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 2:07pm
Look, some people were gifted with the power to read cards or whatever it is they use to read your future. What they say  is not set in stone. The one who creates your life is you. You decide what path to go on.
If the tarot reader tells you that the man you are with will bring you pain, it is up to you to remain with the person (and they find out if he/she was right about the future sorrow) or to break up with the person and avoid the pain that he may bring you.

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 2:08pm

like a new natural

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

demons? now that I never heard
its true. God doesn't use such manners to reach out to people...

and as far as your other post... to even seek out such places for guidance shows disloyalty to God

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 2:19pm
You know what is disloyalty to God? To complain about your physical body that He created for YOU to live and all you do is grumble about being a crippled.
To come to a forum for women and judge them for seeking a psychic, when the only one who can judge is God.

THAT is disloyal to God. It really is. Look inward instead of looking outward. 

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 2:24pm

You know what is disloyalty to God? To complain about your physical body that He created for YOU to live and all you do is grumble about being a crippled.
To come to a forum for women and judge them for seeking a psychic, when the only one who can judge is God.

my crippled body is a result of human imperfection through sin, not because God created a faulty body specifically with me in mind. and im not judging, some people dont know satan is behind such things

Posted By: nemesis1
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 2:25pm
Keep in mind not everyone out there believes in God, reads the Bible.

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 2:31pm
people need a comfortable safe storage space for their faith.

Someone page TokyoRose.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by nemesis1 nemesis1 wrote:

but its odd not to believe in God but believe in the power of psychics. and I know not everyone is familiar with the Bible, and thats why God uses other people to inform others

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 2:36pm
Satan does not exist. There is only God; if He is the most powerful being in the Universe, how could an evil being who is just as powerful exist? The Bible has a lot of stories made up by men to scare people and make them convert.

Most people do not have a direct line with God. Most people do not know how to pray. Some people spend days crying, asking from an answer from God, and they  hear nothing. And some people choose to see psychics either for fun or because they believe they can hear about how they are leading their lives.

Don't judge the means; if you want people to stop seeking psychics, create a website or conference where you teach people to have more faith in God and be able to pray and talk to Him and listen to Him. That way, no one will need psychics; God will tell people about their money situation, the boyfriend, how they are leading their lives, and what kind of future they will have if they continue in the same path.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 2:41pm

my crippled body is a result of human imperfection through sin, not because God created a faulty body specifically with me in mind. and im not judging, some people dont know satan is behind such things

someone wrote in another thread, the one with your video, that you have MS.
MS is not something that people catch for having sex, so it is not due to sin, it is something that eventually attacks your body.
do you have MS?

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 2:53pm
God is the most powerful being in the universe but satan does exist. satan doesn't have anywhere near the power of God. hes was just an angel who rebelled, and influenced other angels to his side. God just allows him to exist to prove humans can be faithful.

and I have muscular dystrophy but by sin I dont mean my sin, but the inherited we're born under.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 2:58pm
This is where the concept of Satan having this much power.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism

Before that, it was evident that Satan was a title that anyone could fill. It's a prosecutor position. There are many Satans in this world. District prosecutor/Satan.

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 3:05pm
That's what I've read lately. That the term satan is really just a term for an adversary...any adversary...not necessarily one particular adversary.

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 3:08pm
there were psychics in the bible though. david, isaiah, elijah (i think) and even your name sake, joseph. 

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

there were psychics in the bible though. david, isaiah, elijah (i think) and even your name sake, joseph. 

the Bible did have prophets and Joseph did interpret dreams, but it was clear these things were through Jehovah. no crystal ball, cards, or whatever.

Posted By: nemesis1
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 4:33pm

Originally posted by nemesis1 nemesis1 wrote:

but its odd not to believe in God but believe in the power of psychics. and I know not everyone is familiar with the Bible, and thats why God uses other people to inform others

-@ bolded: That's easy for you to say, since you already believe in God. Those who believe in psychics won't hold that perspective.

-@ your other point: Some people just don't want to believe, no matter what you tell them. Also, people like immediate answers, however untrue they may be (at least, to you and me). Having faith's really not an easy thing. At the end of the day, people believe what they want, usually whatever makes them breathe a lil' easier. Freewill.

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 4:54pm
Here my thoughts Physic ability is something everyone has it can be developed like and body part, some people are born more intune with this sense just like some people have 20/20 vision. But I think the practice of going to physics should be denounced because other people are just feeding off your weakness! You can practice your own clarevoiance

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 5:13pm

God is the only one i would trust to tell me anything . I think he can show you things that seem like deja Vu for reasons we will never know . I know he listens to my prayers and answers . I can feel the lord at my side when i call on him . My health went down after so many recent deaths in my family and a terrible fall on ice . I ask God to please take the feeling of dying away to raise my baby . The next day i felt like my old self .

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

God is the only one i would trust to tell me anything . I think he can show you things that seem like deja Vu for reasons we will never know . I know he listens to my prayers and answers . I can feel the lord at my side when i call on him . My health went down after so many recent deaths in my family and a terrible fall on ice . I ask God to please take the feeling of dying away to raise my baby . The next day i felt like my old self .

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 8:38pm
Did any of you whom claim satan exists saw it? Do you have a picture?
I believe in God without needing to hear that someone saw Him because of the miracles he has done in my life, not some bible crap.
But I don't believe in satan because God is strong and anyone against Him perishes, therefore, there could not be an evil super powerful being existing in a place some called hell while there is a good God on earth.

And muscular distrophy was something that God allowed you to have. If your faith was so strong, you would request God to remove it from you.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 8:56pm

Did any of you whom claim satan exists saw it? Do you have a picture?
I believe in God without needing to hear that someone saw Him because of the miracles he has done in my life, not some bible crap.
But I don't believe in satan because God is strong and anyone against Him perishes, therefore, there could not be an evil super powerful being existing in a place some called hell while there is a good God on earth.

And muscular distrophy was something that God allowed you to have. If your faith was so strong, you would request God to remove it from you.
the Bible is inspired by God. its where the knowledge of God and his way of life comes from in a way for us to understand. it also informs us of the devil. in a few instances it seems like a figurative sense, but the Bible definitely lets us know there is a fallen angel with great influence over the earth. being as though you believe in God you have to realize God wouldnt mislead you into believing in a devil that doesn't exist. it also lets you know God doesn't cause certain hardships like my disease regardless of what he "lets" happen.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 8:57pm
btw hell doesn't exist in a literal sense

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:09pm
Seriously, if you know so much about the Bible, and believe psychics are talking to demons, go ahead and create a conference or workshop where you teach people how to connect to God. When people don't get answers from Him, they find other ways to get answers.

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:19pm

Seriously, if you know so much about the Bible, and believe psychics are talking to demons, go ahead and create a conference or workshop where you teach people how to connect to God. When people don't get answers from Him, they find other ways to get answers.
my Bible knowledge isnt all that great. im learning more as I go along myself. I just know Jehovah has a strong dislike for such practices. and im in a "workshop". its called the Kingdom Hall, its where I gave that Bible reading.

and I agree  with you. people turn elsewhere for answers when they should turn to God. thats why Jehovah Witnesses reach out to as many  as possible. its why the Bible knowledge is shared.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:31pm
JW Teach your grave is the hell . Once God returns everyone will live on earth again . My husband sister and brother are witness . I believe the scripture . The dead no nothing of the living and hell exist as describe in revelations . Again joseph . I only care that you found some type of positive structure in your life with God . The old you act like the devil. lol Embarrassed

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:45pm
I wouldnt say I acted like the devil. just sat around miserable and it showed. im nowhere near where I wanna be yet, but im definitely on the upward swing. but thanks for caring Big smile

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 9:51pm
You are only looking at it from your beliefs so of course it wont make sense to you. 

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:44pm
Didn't read the thread but I think it's crazy there are people who believe in and practice that shyt and yet don't believe in creationism.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

this is the wonder i know

LOLWink

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

like a new natural

Guuuuuuuurl.....LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 6:24am
same reason people believe in god

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 11:06am
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

people need a comfortable safe storage space for their faith.

Someone page TokyoRose.

I'm here. LOL.

1. I do not believe in any kind of deity.
2. I am intuitive.
3. What I get is not always what someone wants to hear, but it tends to put them on the right path for their own life.
4. Psychic ability isn't just about looking into the future. Sometimes it is about getting the person to see the past and present with more clarity so they can make better choices in the future.
5. Whenever something happens that people don't understand, they always attribute it to "demons." That's what the religious thought when someone said the Earth is round and it revolves around the sun. Oddly enough, I have had more than a few non-believers convert to a Judeo-Christian religion of some sort after speaking with me. So if this is the work of demons, then maybe Judeo-Christian religions are inherently demonic.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 12:01pm
*chuckles* guuuurrrrllll...

Posted By: atexaschick
Date Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 12:42pm
There are false prophets/psychics but I believe there are real ones also. I have talked to some that are Christians that use their gift to help others. I think God gives some people certain gifts but God has the final say so and we also have free will. Talking to psychics does not mean you're talking to demons, the devil, and other stuff; I hate when people assume that.

Date Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

same reason people believe in god
people misunderstand how God acts so ill save my reply for when I make an anti-athiest thread

Date Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 2:31pm
Oh that will be good. Only a few theist can make strong arguments against atheism but it will only lead to agnostism.

Print Page | Close Window