Print Page | Close Window

Is The Black Bougie Wealthy Class been just as det

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369502
Printed Date: Nov 18 2018 at 8:33am


Topic: Is The Black Bougie Wealthy Class been just as det
Posted By: iliveforbhm
Subject: Is The Black Bougie Wealthy Class been just as det
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:04am

Is The Black Bougie Wealthy Class has been just as detrimental to Black empowerment?

 
I say this because after taking consideration that it was not just the wealthy whites who went against The Honorable Marcus Garvey plan for Pan-Africanism but it was really the black elite who feared for their positions. They were the ones who fought the hardest to keep the empowerment of the lower class blacks from ever reaching such a unity. There has never been anytime in black history where we had a powerful movement since Garvey and yet it has been forgotten. We pay more attention to our entertainers and our wealthy black class than our own history and picking up from the pieces of our true emancipation. What strikes me is that Ho Chin Ming used what he learned from Garvey as a poor man and built up his nation and emancipated from colonization. Those same ideals could be our emancipation and to truly lift ourselves up, but you think our bougie class would be the ones to go against it?



Replies:
Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:05am
This is a totally real thread by the way. I been thinking about this for a while.


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:11am
Has been.
Is being.
Pick one.


Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:40am
OP I'm actually glad you're thinking about this because a lot of sh*t you say comes off as being out of touch with the actual struggle of poor disenfranchised brown people.   I think you should continue to explore the information and history because it might help keep me from cussing you out and calling you a coon on a regular basis. 

LOL Okay who cares what I think but I'm being somewhat serious.  

Its good to remember how Plymouth Rock landed on us and taught us how to treat our own people with disdain in order to convince ourselves that all we need to do is x,y and/or z in order for them to let those of us who are "not like a black person" win. 

And black celebrities aint nothing but niccahs when they fck up.  They go from "not like a normal black person" to a dirty niccah in the blink of an eye. 


Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:47am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

you believe black people are capable of being racist against whites though

...so anything you say is null and void
 
No, if you have study Marcus Garvey history you would know it was the black elites who feared for their position being eradicated got the help of other white elites to stop Garvey's movement.
 
This is more of a black classism vs white racism(which is the cause) 
 
This is not separationist discussion, but to see if we are heading in the same wrong direction thinking the elite class of blacks will join with the lower classes to help ourselves gain more economical independence
 
http://slaverebellion.org/index.php?page=the-collision-in-liberia-of-marcus-garvey-s-and-w-e-b-du-bois-s-version-of-pan-africanisms" rel="nofollow - http://slaverebellion.org/index.php?page=the-collision-in-liberia-of-marcus-garvey-s-and-w-e-b-du-bois-s-version-of-pan-africanisms
 


Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Has been.
Is being.
Pick one.

Man when I read and say wtf you know its bad....I type like a sober BabyphatLOLLOL


Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:55am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

OP I'm actually glad you're thinking about this because a lot of sh*t you say comes off as being out of touch with the actual struggle of poor disenfranchised brown people.   I think you should continue to explore the information and history because it might help keep me from cussing you out and calling you a coon on a regular basis. 

LOL Okay who cares what I think but I'm being somewhat serious.  

Its good to remember how Plymouth Rock landed on us and taught us how to treat our own people with disdain in order to convince ourselves that all we need to do is x,y and/or z in order for them to let those of us who are "not like a black person" win. 

And black celebrities aint nothing but niccahs when they fck up.  They go from "not like a normal black person" to a dirty niccah in the blink of an eye. 
 
Eh, I been trolling as of late......I haven't said anything really in a while, first real post/comment in a while.
 
But now being serious the causation is that of the European colonization and slavery as well as Jim Crow and other class issues. That is without needing to be said even though some of us don't really understand the history and nature of this. The mulatto class was pushed in the late 1800s and early 1900s to control the so called darker negro who was considered inferior and less intelligent. History proves that it was the melaninated people who were always considered the most spiritual, wisest, and most intelligent thanks to the surviving records of the Greeks in ancient history.
 
So now we need to look back in this time period and see what was truly going on and what halted our growth besides White Supremacy because it's going to exist until we realize how to stop it as a global front. But until then we need to learn how to correct our internal problems and think of a creative solution our problems. From all aspects to psychological to financial(which we think is the mother of all corrections Sleepy) to a moralistic approach and even if those who beliefs differ on how to work with each other to correct issues. We may not all believe in the same thing, but one thing that needs to be clear is that we really need to work together as a group to further the same problems and issues we face and voting/individualistic wealth/music/religious affiliations are not the answer to our problems, but merely an illusion of a quick fix.


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 9:05am
My opinion, colorism is not the basis for black social class anymore. Removing that, the foundation of this argument is pretty weak.


Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 9:06am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

I'm well-versed on garvey thank you very much

..you knew exactly what I was saying ajax..you can't say coonish, trolling sh*t one minute and then turn around and give this black empowerment spiel

...makes you look flaky and irreverent 
 
Okay...Now let's hit up the ideas and not the person. This isn't about me, but how to establish a communication link between our melaninated brothers and sisters.
 
I ain't shyt and a clown at most times, but I would rather be judged when I say "Real Stuff/Shyt/knowledge/etc" now you know I ain't lying.


Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 9:10am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

My opinion, colorism is not the basis for black social class anymore. Removing that, the foundation of this argument is pretty weak.
 
I reference colorism between the 1970s to 1920s, it's no longer the issue, but we still have a "Black Elite" to monitor and help control the lower class of the black population. The paperbag test is no longer an issue, because all blacks whether light skin to dark skin, mixed and etc don't matter if you look African descent, then you are treated as such.


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 9:13am
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

My opinion, colorism is not the basis for black social class anymore. Removing that, the foundation of this argument is pretty weak.


 

I reference colorism between the 1970s to 1920s, it's no longer the issue, but we still have a "Black Elite" to monitor and help control the lower class of the black population. The paperbag test is no longer an issue, because all blacks whether light skin to dark skin, mixed and etc don't matter if you look African descent, then you are treated as such.


My opinion, the black wealthy are completely apathetic towards the lower. If that's what you mean by "monitor and control" then ok.



Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 9:27am
OK, cool so what else on the subject can you drop that is knowledgeable


Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 9:51am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:


damn I agree with this


*consoles samone*


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:15am
Colourism never affected how the dollar circulated within the black community

The primary stumbling block for negro financial growth is "blackcism", the process by which we internalise racism and respectability politics and project that on our own kind and the barriers which we put amongst ourselves. Furthermore how we view ourselves on the food chain has an impact and lastly using barometers of success, diplomacy business efficiency based on models that do not really apply to us is a major stumbling block. Dome principles, economics for example, are not as fluid as they try to make us believe

And finally, access. We have been living in an illusion, the illusion of inclusion and access that we steer our funds away from vital black businesses that would benefit our communities as a whole.


Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:15am
OP you really need to be 10x removed from you previous trolling coon behavior for people to take you serious.  You just said a couple of days ago you were going to leave the country and let us "have" the thugs, hoes and welfare class. 

You need to be on the team before you can lead it.   You tried though and that's something.  We just don't find you earnest and sincere.   Sorry...


Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:19am
Haven't read the thread yet but the black bougeroise(sp?) is a great book. Wouldn't mind having a book thread on it.  


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:54am
Lol doc!!


Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:42am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Colourism never affected how the dollar circulated within the black community

The primary stumbling block for negro financial growth is "blackcism", the process by which we internalise racism and respectability politics and project that on our own kind and the barriers which we put amongst ourselves. Furthermore how we view ourselves on the food chain has an impact and lastly using barometers of success, diplomacy business efficiency based on models that do not really apply to us is a major stumbling block. Dome principles, economics for example, are not as fluid as they try to make us believe

And finally, access. We have been living in an illusion, the illusion of inclusion and access that we steer our funds away from vital black businesses that would benefit our communities as a whole.
 
Clap Agreed!


Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:44am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

OP you really need to be 10x removed from you previous trolling coon behavior for people to take you serious.  You just said a couple of days ago you were going to leave the country and let us "have" the thugs, hoes and welfare class. 

You need to be on the team before you can lead it.   You tried though and that's something.  We just don't find you earnest and sincere.   Sorry...
 
Okay, I'll find another forum to troll and I been thinking of a new gimmick, but wouldn't work on this site.


Posted By: ragincajin
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:52am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

OP I'm actually glad you're thinking about this because a lot of sh*t you say comes off as being out of touch with the actual struggle of poor disenfranchised brown people.   I think you should continue to explore the information and history because it might help keep me from cussing you out and calling you a coon on a regular basis. 

LOL Okay who cares what I think but I'm being somewhat serious.  

Its good to remember how Plymouth Rock landed on us and taught us how to treat our own people with disdain in order to convince ourselves that all we need to do is x,y and/or z in order for them to let those of us who are "not like a black person" win. 

And black celebrities aint nothing but niccahs when they fck up.  They go from "not like a normal black person" to a dirty niccah in the blink of an eye. 


Thanked Kfoxx. Thanked indeed.

Victim blaming disgusts me. The reasons why we are, what and where we are, are myriad and complicated.

But from the beginning to the end, it is a circumstance that we did not go looking for- it looked for, found, bound, shackled, shatt upon and spit upon us.

Last time I looked, most of us, no matter the education level, what we do for a living, etc., (see the US President as a prime example) still have footprints on our necks and shackles on our wrists.

Are we innocent (drugs, violence against our own?, etc.?) No. And we have to square with that.

But make no mistake about it: this was and remains a well orchestrated, frontal (albeit subtly at times) attack with no draw down date.

By the way, every professional I need to see (dentists, physicians, CPAs...) is black. I find, pay for and support the best I can find in black. Period.

Now let me get the fu*k off this site so I can go back to catering to rich white folk. Damn.





Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:29pm
LOL

I love you so much ragin.  This is bullsh*t.  We did/do all this sh*t to be in their world and put up with their sh*t and we're just highly paid "niccahs' to them.  The whole thing is a fckn farce.  


Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:18pm
I wasn't victim blaming.


Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:20pm
yes...and no.  those upper class blacks are used against us in a sense of "look...they got thru...why can't u?" but not including the reasons why they were "let" thru.  I've heard it said on The BHM that we couldn't have a real revolution because we always have those who are in fear for their position to sell us out.  Read most so called black leaders. And from what i've seen in history...welp..it ain't exactly untrue.   We do have some moneyed blacks for the cause somewhat but they not tryna lose the wealth they got because they "care" about their people's.  We're the only ones not "allowed" to help our own.  Reverse racism etc etc.
 
 
I do sometimes think if those elitist blacks lose their shirts they would then be willing and/or have a reason to fight for the people.  They would see their position more clearly. 
 
 
sorry for the excessive use of quotes.


Posted By: bigsexylisa
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 3:25pm
I had this discussion with a friend recently.  Black people in positions of power aren't "looking out" the same way they did back in the day.  My mother worked for the Fed. Government.  She was the first black female supervisor in her region back in the 70's, and she said she made sure every time there was a position open, if a black person applied, she hired them.  She got her position because the old black guy in the mail room showed her a job announcement that she wasn't even supposed to see.  Seems like these days, people have forgotten how they got to where they are in the first place.  You may have worked hard and pulled yourself by your own bootstraps, but you still have to acknowledge that to these white folks, you're just another n* --so why not help out the next person?  Upper class black people seem to segregate themselves from lower class blacks as if white America really shares in that distinction.  It's really sad.  We love to talk about helping our brothers and sisters, but let them put some subsidized housing up in Buckhead...they would burn that place down before that was allowed to happen. 


Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 7:43pm
Thank you two. Very true we are all in this together.


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 4:11am
And black churches


Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 4:47am
guuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.


Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 4:52am
Originally posted by bigsexylisa bigsexylisa wrote:

I had this discussion with a friend recently.  Black people in positions of power aren't "looking out" the same way they did back in the day.  My mother worked for the Fed. Government.  She was the first black female supervisor in her region back in the 70's, and she said she made sure every time there was a position open, if a black person applied, she hired them.  She got her position because the old black guy in the mail room showed her a job announcement that she wasn't even supposed to see.  Seems like these days, people have forgotten how they got to where they are in the first place.  You may have worked hard and pulled yourself by your own bootstraps, but you still have to acknowledge that to these white folks, you're just another n* --so why not help out the next person?  Upper class black people seem to segregate themselves from lower class blacks as if white America really shares in that distinction.  It's really sad.  We love to talk about helping our brothers and sisters, but let them put some subsidized housing up in Buckhead...they would burn that place down before that was allowed to happen. 





truth.  not to say everything was perfect then but from what my gramma says we were a more cohesive community then.  Didn't matter if u were new to the neighborhood or not.  We were like 1st generation, non papers having Messican's (yes she said Messican's with a capital M) back then.   We were more likely to watch out for each other.


Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 4:53am
I will say that my gramma does make that distinction between black folks and nig.guhs.  not sure if that means anything but...


Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 5:49am
My father says the same thing. And grandparents.


Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 7:47am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I will say that my gramma does make that distinction between black folks and nig.guhs.  not sure if that means anything but...


Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

My father says the same thing. And grandparents.


No disrespect to y'alls people and my mom says the same thing but this is exactly what I meant by yt ppl using us and telling us we're not talking about you, we're talking about the nig.gers.  That entire generation bought that sh*t hook line and sinker while the man kept his foot firmly on their necks just like they did the nig.gers. 


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 8:08am
Don't trust them new nigguhers over deeeeeere


Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 9:59am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I will say that my gramma does make that distinction between black folks and nig.guhs.  not sure if that means anything but...


Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

My father says the same thing. And grandparents.


No disrespect to y'alls people and my mom says the same thing but this is exactly what I meant by yt ppl using us and telling us we're not talking about you, we're talking about the nig.gers.  That entire generation bought that sh*t hook line and sinker while the man kept his foot firmly on their necks just like they did the nig.gers. 
 
I was more in reference to how we were much closer as a community, not the black people vs n****rs lol.



Print Page | Close Window