Print Page | Close Window

Different car, same engine

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369486
Printed Date: Dec 12 2018 at 3:07pm

Topic: Different car, same engine
Posted By: noneyons
Subject: Different car, same engine
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 7:40pm
i'm bout to get a new (used) car but i don't want to spend a lot plus i've learned through research that many expensive luxury cars have the same engine as some of the economy to mid priced vehicles. like lexus=camry, jaguar and volvo=fordShocked, saab=gmc. 

know of any others? how can i get the most bang for my buck? ideas?

boring topic but its a slow day. 

tia. 

Replies:
Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 7:42pm
thanks for the thread

lol

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 7:46pm
I don't know anything about OP though. gL

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 7:47pm
you're just happy to have a different topic on bhm, huh? that's all right too lol!

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 7:48pm
cars give me a headache. i want a cheap car with a fancy engine. 

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 7:50pm
''If it has tires or testicles... Its gonna give you problems''

Cars give me headaches too

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

you're just happy to have a different topic on bhm, huh? that's all right too lol!

yepLOL

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 8:16pm
I am a member of a car forum though.

eta but it's for tech purposesLOL

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:52am
Porsche and Volkswagen

Their SUVs are the same

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 1:54am
Beamer and Mini Cooper

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 7:08am
I love mini cooper's

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 7:53am
lol you never noticed a yukon, suburban, gmc denali, tahoe had the same exact body ? or navigator and ford expedition looked the same ? rebranded luxury brands are an american invention. people like spending more for the same thing over here. acura = honda, infiniti = nissan, lexus = toyota.

anyways a lot of companies were brought out over the decades by other car companies as either a strategy, or before they went bankrupt. in america only 3 were left, ford, gmc and chrysler, its all a huge circle fcuk.

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:07am
My dad told me this

"Just buy you a Nissan, Toyota or a Honda baby, they do the samething as that other stuff."

Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:20am
Ot but not really, maybe really :I was shopping for a watch yesterday and didn't know Fossil makes the MK watches

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:21am
Everytime we get another car we have a long discussion about all the other cars then buy a Volkswagen. 

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:38am
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

My dad told me this

"Just buy you a Nissan, Toyota or a Honda baby, they do the samething as that other stuff."

Yup! Wish i had known this the first time I got a car. Damn Oldsmobile lasted me only a few weeks   

Second time around I got a toyota and its been about a year and a half with no problems

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 8:41am
ford tough ...

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 9:20am
yup, not too much of a difference tbh. the luxury version just has upgraded features like navigation, better interior materials(wood, upgraded leather, etc) and sound system....sometimes the luxury cars have better glass to make the car more sound proof.

if those options aren't a big deal, you might as well just get the generic version with all the bells and whistles, if you're into that stuff. the engine, chasis, axels are all the same.

imho, if you want to go luxury, then you should stick with bmw or mercedez.

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:38am
Ok, here's the deal.
Mercedes and BMW are the only luxury (non-sports) cars that use their own parts. Yes you can find BMW motors in Coopers and Range Rovers, but you'll never find another motor in a BMW. Mercedes is strictly Mercedes, however for a period you could find Mercedes parts in Diamler Chrysler cars when they owned them.
I've owned several Mercedes over the years, they're great cars, but need to be serviced regularly. You can avoid the high cost of maintenance by finding a good independent mechanic that will let you use your parts ordered online for an extreme discount.
I just recently switched to Cadillac because I wanted to drive American made, however my next purchase will likely be a Mercedes and I'll keep a Cadillac truck for hauling the kids and towing. (since it's basically a chevy truck anyway)

Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:43am
thanks for the input yall. I don't give a sh*t about bells and whistles. I just want a reliable car. 

can't afford a beamed or Mercedes so I'm going with herwoman on this. Toyota, Nissan or Honda it is (unless someone knows a.cheaper make with their engines lol)

Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:50am
check out the 9thgen accords. they're really nice. i've been seeing a lot of people in these new fords too, but i can't think of the model. i think its a fusion.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=75836" rel="nofollow - http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=75836

Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:53am
thanks. I'll check it out.

Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 10:55am
Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

check out the 9thgen accords. they're really nice. i've been seeing a lot of people in these new fords too, but i can't think of the model. i think its a fusion.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=75836" rel="nofollow - http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=75836

Yep I really like the new Ford fusions

Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:16am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

Yep I really like the new Ford fusions
they're nice. i've been seeing those fusions and accords all over the place lately....hyundai's too.

Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:21am
there are some pretty fancy hyundais on the road. i've considered it but i'm scared. supposedly though, they have like a 10 year warranty that covers like everything so yeah...it could still be an option. i'm scared of fords too. 

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:39am
Personally, I would never buy anything new. I'd much rather let someone else take the new car depreciation hit and spend a couple bux on an extended warranty. Find something that has had the current body style for a few years. No one will know the diff. ;=)

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 12:01pm
We buy used luxury cars.
It actually works out cheaper.
For instance, I had a 98 lexus, I had everything in my car that cars have now. The only thing it was missing was navigation and push start.
We find with luxury cars you can get a modern car in terms of amenities at a much lower price.

Print Page | Close Window