Print Page | Close Window

Makeup and new boo question

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369456
Printed Date: Sep 20 2018 at 2:01am

Topic: Makeup and new boo question
Posted By: Wildfire
Subject: Makeup and new boo question
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 5:59pm
I love makeup....

(plz embed...cant for the life of me figure out why it wont)

but when you make over a whole new face...what happens when you meet a person who may become your long term partner, you start spending weekends etc together? Do you hold up in the bathroom at 5am to ensure he doesnt see you barefaced? or just let him see the real you at some point?

Replies:
Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:00pm
I don't wear enough makeup for it to be an issue.....LOL

Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:01pm
Don't copy the link with the playlist on the side you need to go to recent videos and copy that code.

Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

LOL

when i see someone making a brand new face and i just wonder on the day to day in real life, how that pans out...

Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:02pm
When u copy the youtube url, u erase everything except this part in bold. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeATCs54mEQ

Then u put it in between this [TUBE][/TUBE]

not ur video but now u know

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:03pm
I HAVE to fill in my brows at least when I have a new boo.

Once we make it past the 1-2 month mark, I don't care.

Hair scarf, no make up and once we hit 3 months, I may skip a week shaving my legs.

Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:03pm
oooh. thnx Marcel & sandy

Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

I HAVE to fill in my brows at least when I have a new boo.

Once we make it past the 1-2 month mark, I don't care.

Hair scarf, no make up and once we hit 3 months, I may skip a week shaving my legs.

lmaoLOL

I absolutely have to do brows as well. I look like a damn street urchin without them done...
not enter- stage- left brows necessarily, but i at least have to fix the ends

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:05pm
I rarely do full face I usually just focus on my brows, eyes and lips.

Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

When u copy the youtube url, u erase everything except this part in bold. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeATCs54mEQ

Then u put it in between this [TUBE][/TUBE]

not ur video but now u know

still wont show....Angry

Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:07pm
Post the link and Ill do it

Posted By: missunfoolish
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:09pm
brows, mascara and concealer and im good

Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:10pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYtESn9yNLY&list=HL1395702593&feature=mh_lolz

Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:12pm
@Samone
This isnt about women who have imperfect skin though...i see women with great skin/features do the same thing......
create new noses, skin shade, all of that

Posted By: reesegurl11
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:12pm
I hardly ever wear makeup and I have always wondered this as well because I have seen people who look way to different without makeup lol.

I have heard girls say they put on makeup to go to bed and reapply when they get up, smh no ma'am could not be me!

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:13pm
Never been an issue for me cause I never wear a full full face makeup.

Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYtESn9yNLY&list=HL1395702593&feature=mh_lolz

just use that part when the link is like that

Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by reesegurl11 reesegurl11 wrote:

I hardly ever wear makeup and I have always wondered this as well because I have seen people who look way to different without makeup lol.

I have heard girls say they put on makeup to go to bed and reapply when they get up, smh no ma'am could not be me!

to go to bed?
ive heard of women leaving it on, but a new application for bed?

Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I figure if the guy stays he likes that look on a woman

he's into all that extra sh*t lol

men are clueless though. they still think that 44 inch weave is our real hairLOL

Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:16pm
She playing.....Samone Ive seen you your makeup looks really natural tho....it almost looked like you weren't wearing any tbh

Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:18pm

I figure if the guy stays he likes that look on a woman

he's into all that extra sh*t lol

Exactly !!! Men aren't that dumb they no the difference between a natural and "made-up" face... they may like it and they know she prolly not going to look like that without makeup.

Posted By: reesegurl11
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:19pm

to go to bed?

Yes! This girl who is dating my sisters friend she has to apply before going to bed and again when she gets up. He says he doesn't care but he's a strange guy and basically would settle for almost anything so kudos to him.

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by missunfoolish missunfoolish wrote:

brows, mascara and concealer and im good

this this this...

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:31pm
I was pretty make-up free until about 3yrs ago.  My husband was amazed when I wore mascara and lipstick back then and he was the opposite when I started wearing more makeup.  He hated it.  Now he is so cool with it and notices and appreciates it when I do certain eye and lip looks (indulging me).  Once in a blue moon he even requests certain colors (Vampy Lips, Blushes and Bold Eye Lines).  For the most part he sees me no different with or without.  I personally think I'm good either way but I'm junkie anyway.  I didn't know makeup time was so fun though....  

Posted By: slayfresh
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:33pm
when I first got into makeup I thought all that sh*t was necessary and had all those bright colors and stuff but then I got into neutral stuff and stopped wearing much less and doing no makeup makeup looks. sometimes i can be wearing a full face but i;m wearing so less it's nothing. usually its brows, corrector, concealer, powder, mascara and gloss.

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:49pm
even if I wear a "full face" I still look like me

Looking unrecognizable with/without it is disrespectful... like when a guy wears a hat to cover up a dome or receding hair line. don't do that

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:50pm
I would let him see me bare faced cuz it has happen best if it's done early on. Men don't care about brows and discoloration when some1 in their bed.

Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 6:56pm

She playing.....Samone Ive seen you your makeup looks really natural tho....it almost looked like you weren't wearing any tbh

thanks!

funny story

so I see one of my male cousins the other day and for whatever reason he decides to grab hold of my face (kind of hard to describe what he did lol but imagine someone going to pinch your cheeks but rubs the side of your face instead)

I was like you just fcked up my make up

he goes I didn't know you wore make up and later on that day it seems like he is staring at my face trying to figure what I have on it lol

Im not gon lie in the makeup thread I noted the foundation you use.....LOL....it was nice....Embarrassed

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 7:04pm
She isn't fooling anyone anyway.

Posted By: missdeeluxe
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 7:13pm
IA with the general consensus of makeup shouldn't make you look like a totally different person LOL

I keep my every day makeup pretty light and save the more dramatic looks for going out.
I mostly just focus on evening out my skin, covering acne scars, and filling in my brows.

My SO has seen me with and without, doesn't care either way.
I have my bare faced days but if we're going out and doing things I still like to make an effort.

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 7:32pm
Thank goodness i wear minimal make up...i aint time fo all that. I have a coworker who looks like a diff chick without make up, a few times she has done her make up at the desk and people barely recognized her walking in she stop doing that...lol

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 8:26pm
I like the full face look. I wish I had the patience to do it every day for work lol

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 9:14pm
I usually do a more neutral/natural face so when I do add "more" it ain't a surprise.  Tho they do know ahead of time that I love lashes and colour.  If it's a prollem we just each check into the frenitentiary. *shrugs*

my natural/neutral face being filled in and shaped brows, a dusting of bare minerals and lip balm.

i'm thankful that I haven't gotten to the point that I "need" a full face.

Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 9:17pm

to go to bed?

Yes! This girl who is dating my sisters friend she has to apply before going to bed and again when she gets up. He says he doesn't care but he's a strange guy and basically would settle for almost anything so kudos to him.

damn.  so she ain't sh*t?  Cry

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 9:47pm
I think doing your makeup can become a necessity for some people, just like washing your ass every day. My friend wears makeup every damn day, its about of her daily routine.

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 9:57pm
A little mascara and some powder and I'm good

I don't think you should look completely different without makeup. That's kinda creepy..

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 11:32pm

I love makeup....

(plz embed...cant for the life of me figure out why it wont)

but when you make over a whole new face...what happens when you meet a person who may become your long term partner, you start spending weekends etc together? Do you hold up in the bathroom at 5am to ensure he doesnt see you barefaced? or just let him see the real you at some point?

I MADE A thread on this before....one wearing a full face and when it comes time to expose yourself (especially if your skin is jacked up terribly) will he run or stick around? I mean that is a lot of covering to look gorgeous, but when it comes to truly let him see you full frontal without all the clown makeup onConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 11:45pm
I side eye when you look multiple shades darker/lighter with foundation. Not cute.LOL

Posted By: *M. Gurl *
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 12:57am
Lol if only men saw how some girls on IG really looked like....

I use to cake my face with makeup back in the day. Now I cover blemishes/dark circles and add a little mascara. Thank God for LA/TCA peels!

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 1:17am
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

I think doing your makeup can become a necessity for some people, just like washing your ass every day. My friend wears makeup every damn day, its about of her daily routine.

it was like that for me for a while. I loooooove make up.  but I didn't want to be that girl that no one recognizes without it.   so i'll go without sometimes...not necessarily because I want to tho.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 1:26am
Trophy wives

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 1:28am
Originally posted by *M. Gurl * *M. Gurl * wrote:

I use to cake my face with makeup back in the day. Now I cover blemishes/dark circles and add a little mascara. Thank God for LA/TCA peels!
true story.. Saw this pretty woman yesterday from a distance

Bit closer .. Face looked more caked up than a barksdale stash house

I just cringed and thought ooooooooooh...

Sure she felt fly tho

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 1:31am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

true story.. Saw this pretty woman yesterday from a distance

Hit closer .. Face looked more caked up than a barks dale stash house

see if she looked horrid with that much makeup on , can u imagine without all of that on?Dead___________flatline...

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 1:35am
Nooo she looked good

But that makeup was way too much a nigguh just wondered what's that face really look like

You ever see grouting being laid?

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 3:48am
Shocked that much?????sure it was a female...???? just saying...just saying...lol

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 10:02am
My dude has seen me barefaced before since we knew each other a year before we actually started dating.  I don't care like that but it still feels good to wear at least eyeliner when I'm out with him though.  That whole icing face thing is just too much for no reason.

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 10:41am
but who has 10-15 minutes to spare while waiting on some powder............

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 10:43am
I usually do it in reverse. I've learned that men prefer to see me in as less makeup as possibly then we get serious, they don't really mind when I go full glam. For first dates, its simple makeup....then if they come over to my home for dinner (or there place)..its even less makeup...then its barefaced. (i got my brows permanently done - BEST BEAUTY investment ever!)

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 11:25am
As I got older, I stopped wearing the normal foundation and stuff.   On a normal work day or weekend, I only fix my eyebrows and use blot powder (or blot tissue to remove the shine off my nose and forehead).
Once I got in my late twenties, I had stopped stressing over that full makeup mess.   

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 11:36am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

I keep my makeup looking natural and take good care of my skin so I can't relate..LOL, it's sad that some women have to be like that though

Me too.

But when a guy is in my life I never get lazy with the upkeep - like keeping 'everything' shaved, brows shaped up, manicure, pedicure, lotion downed body routine, teeth flossed etc, facial skin unkeep, hair .. all that.

I try to STAY ON TOP of my twice weekly routine so that even with no makeup and stepping out of the shower ... I look good enough to be comfortable if he happens to be around.

I hate it when women let their beauty routine go to the dogs once they get a relationship started. :(

The game isn't over ... just because he is your man.

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 11:42am
I've never had an issue with this. I look great with and without makeup, however I do like makeup.

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 11:43am
I rarely wear makeup around my guy, only when we go out. If I'm chilling indoors I don't bother. Maybe some lipgloss.

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 11:45am

Too much!

And I noticeds she did not show her face from the VERY beginning ... because I'll bet she looks like a whole other person,

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 11:48am
I think its so dramatic because many times contouring doesn't really show up on camera unless your exaggerate it.....her other videos aren't that bad

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

yep printer_ink!!

...I exfoliate and tone my face everyday, do a full body scrub at least once a week, mud mask at least 2x a month and keep my skin supple all the time

..man or not you should be taking care of yourself

..imo it's nice to look in the mirror and be happy with what you see for you--if your partner appreciates it then that's just a nice bonusEmbarrassed LOL

Yes and I am almost 59 years old. Nary a wrinkle on my face.

Some of my friends used to tease me about my routine 30 years ago .. but now they look waaay older and are kindof pissed.

They never took care of themselves and after 40 years old alllll the damage you did earlier on ... starts to surface - literally. :(

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 2:51pm

She looks realllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy different but I like her videos

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

I've never had an issue with this. I look great with and without makeup, however I do like makeup.

I was waiting for this post. 
Wink

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 5:02pm
My SO regularly tells me I don't need makeup and compliments me more when I'm bare faced. he doesn't dislike makeup, he's cool either way.
  I don't wear any foundation unless we're going out dancing/ a nice dinner/party, and even then, it's light/medium coverage.

It's pretty much an unspoken standard to wear makeup in my line of employment,(Sales), so it's not a matter of me believing/me thinking he believes,  that I'm hideous w/o make -up, but during non sleep hours, I'm usually in it and that's my "norm." when I look in the mirror.

I don't wear it on the week-ends unless I'm leaving the house, and it's my normal work look. Eyes and lips and concealer on the dime sized dark spot of my top lip.

He def doesn't care. But I do. LOL

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

even if I wear a "full face" I still look like me

Looking unrecognizable with/without it is disrespectful... like when a guy wears a hat to cover up a dome or receding hair line. don't do that

leave Neyo alone

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 5:37pm

i realised a few weeks back that my makeup was starting to look a little heavy. Dead
So now i mix moisturiser into my foundation to make it sheer,  I no longer use setting powder,    and I use a brow powder now to fill in, instead of pencil

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

I usually do it in reverse. I've learned that men prefer to see me in as less makeup as possibly then we get serious, they don't really mind when I go full glam. For first dates, its simple makeup....then if they come over to my home for dinner (or there place)..its even less makeup...then its barefaced. (i got my brows permanently done - BEST BEAUTY investment ever!)

oooo, tell me more about that....do you need to get it refreshed every few years, etc?

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:19am

oooo, tell me more about that....do you need to get it refreshed every few years, etc?

Yes you do need to get it refreshed. I got mine done in late 2012 so I'll probably go back next year to get it done. Its not that bad, you have about 2 weeks were you cannot wear any eye makeup and after that you're fine. I got mine filled in with a black-brown color. They have all shades but usually suggest using a shade lighter than whatever color you currently use to fill it in. 

Also keep in mind, I still use a pencil to fill my brows in for a more defined look. I had this done intentionally because I can still alter the shape of my brows with make up. You don't want them to do it EXACTLY to shape and width of your "full face" brows because you will not be able to change it once its done. Right now, full brows are in however next year...the trend could go back to thinner brows. You want to be able to adjust, especially if you like to play with makeup looks. 

Posted By: pebbles251
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:58am
It all depends...I have acne scars issues so yes I wear makeup sometimes but very light makeup. I dont even know how to contour and all that stuff. I have nice lash and brows so in the morning i just wash my face and moisturize it before ole boy wakes up:)

However, I have a friend who use make up to straighten her nose and use the false lash and eybrow pencil plus lots of foundation. She is a very pretty girl but the make up gives her a barbie doll look.
my boy came home with us one night and we both went to the bath room to wash our face...when she came out and he saw her he asked me what happen to my friends face because she looks different he was turned off by it.
Yes some men notice that stuff....she is now with a wonderful man who could care less.

Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 3:28pm

Yes you do need to get it refreshed. I got mine done in late 2012 so I'll probably go back next year to get it done. Its not that bad, you have about 2 weeks were you cannot wear any eye makeup and after that you're fine. I got mine filled in with a black-brown color. They have all shades but usually suggest using a shade lighter than whatever color you currently use to fill it in. 

Also keep in mind, I still use a pencil to fill my brows in for a more defined look. I had this done intentionally because I can still alter the shape of my brows with make up. You don't want them to do it EXACTLY to shape and width of your "full face" brows because you will not be able to change it once its done. Right now, full brows are in however next year...the trend could go back to thinner brows. You want to be able to adjust, especially if you like to play with makeup looks. 

hmmm...sounds cool
It doesnt have a shiny painted on look to it though?

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 1:47am
I don't really know anything about makeup, so the men who fell in love with me, usually met me barefaced and then eventually I would put on some mascara, lip gloss, maybe blush on my cheeks and that's it.
I think all women should use minimal amount of makeup, because makeup is to enhance your beauty, not to make you beautiful. Big difference.

Print Page | Close Window