Forum Name: Lace Fronts
Forum Description: Discussions on Lace Fronts
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369449
Printed Date: Aug 22 2019 at 5:55pm

Topic: What I want from a CV
Posted By: Traylee
Subject: What I want from a CV
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 3:59pm
I was thinking of the things I want from a CV and wondering why this is so hard to achieve: 

1) Decent hair from a suitable donor. Please don't send me a 90 year old woman's hair or hair from a very sick person that can't withstand any processing. 

2) A well-constructed cap

3) Properly ventilated unit. Don't be in such a hurry to make a unit that you don't tie the knots tight enough. 

4) A silk top that doesn't wrinkle and crumple. 

5) If you screw up, don't try to blame me for combing, sleeping in, or treating a lace unit as it's absolutely intended and designed to be used. Just own the problem. 

I don't care if my knots aren't bleached or if the hairline looks like they used Paul Ryan's for the template. I don't care if the color isn't exactly right or if the texture isn't quite what I wanted. I don't need for the silk top or lace to be an exact match to my complexion. Even though I hate a silk top that wrinkles, I can fix all of the above problems. There's nothing, however, I can do with hair from a cadaver or knots that disintegrate. Why is this so hard to find? 

Replies:
Posted By: Lace Lover
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 8:35pm
I really think that ship has sailed. All of them are hit or miss now.

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 9:00pm

I wish they would align tge hairs of the silk topnin a realustic way.

Posted By: hennared
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 6:31am
Originally posted by Lace Lover Lace Lover wrote:

I really think that ship has sailed. All of them are hit or miss now.

THIS. 

Posted By: LynnNyc
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 10:58am
This is why it is so hard to find....

Originally posted by Traylee Traylee wrote:

I was thinking of the things I want from a CV and wondering why this is so hard to achieve: 

1) Decent hair from a suitable donor. Please don't send me a 90 year old woman's hair or hair from a very sick person that can't withstand any processing.  Cost too much money to buy decent hair so they send you old, sick and fallen comb hair.

2) A well-constructed cap  cost too much money to buy decent lace and too much time to sew it/secure it with proper stitching

3) Properly ventilated unit. Don't be in such a hurry to make a unit that you don't tie the knots tight enough.  takes too much time, to propertly ventilate, if you hurry, you can ventilate more wigs in less time which means they save money

4) A silk top that doesn't wrinkle and crumple.  cost too much money to buy decent fabric to use as the silk insert

5) If you screw up, don't try to blame me for combing, sleeping in, or treating a lace unit as it's absolutely intended and designed to be used. Just own the problem.   they have to blame you because if they don't and accept blame it means they have to refund you and they don't want to refund you because it's too much money; so instead it's your fault for washing the hair in the 'wrong' kind of water, or for brushing it, or for whatever else YOU did to it.  Then again, that's NOT even the WIG they sent you. 

I don't care if my knots aren't bleached or if the hairline looks like they used Paul Ryan's for the template. I don't care if the color isn't exactly right or if the texture isn't quite what I wanted. I don't need for the silk top or lace to be an exact match to my complexion. Even though I hate a silk top that wrinkles, I can fix all of the above problems. There's nothing, however, I can do with hair from a cadaver or knots that disintegrate. Why is this so hard to find? 

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 11:08am
Thing is this.  CV's no longer by and large give a rats behind about quality and craftsmanship.  They care about quantity; as in, quantity of our hard earned money.  And that's about it.  Not a repeat customer?  Who cares, plenty of suckers to go around.  We either put up or give up.  Disapprove

If I sound bitter, it's because I am!  This lace wig game has gone screamingly downhill since I entered the fray in 2010, and it's a damn shame. 

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 11:18am
I don't know ... I have been using the same 2 CVs for the last 6 years and I haven't had any of those problems. I am about to place another order this week.

I think it's because I order 2 - 3 units at a time and they are always custom orders so I established a relationship with them.

This is the only reason I can think of to explain why I don't get 'lemons'.

Posted By: Prairie1960
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 1:39pm
I have never received a bad unit from my CV of choice and everything has been to my specifications. Just took the plunge and purchased my first silk top from them, but haven't had any problems with that either.  Could be that I've been using the same vendor for the past 4 years.

Posted By: carrie
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 2:01pm
Printer - How long are your units lasting?

I was with Holly for a while. I wouldn't chance purchasing 3 units with the hit and miss I was receiving.

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 3:24pm
Well, the CV I have been using near exclusively the past three years, mostly for custom units, I have had problems with that seem to be about 'rush it out the door'.  Ie, when I ask for 150% density, I don't want 200% in the front and 50% on the back, because the stretch panel is harder to ventilate.  For example. 

Posted By: RedWine
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:28am
I have not had any issues lately. I have learned how to deal with these beasts. I feel that I would buy more wigs and try new things if the hair was better.

I think these CVs are feeling that we are slowing up on them. I am getting "Hi Friend" emails from venders who previously would not return my emails.

I think a lot of hair is being sold, but it is cheep BS weave.

I don't think any of us are spending like we used to. If they want to keep selling the high end wigs they will need to start giving us high end hair.

I have friends who stopped with the LF and went with their own natural hair or make wigs out of cheap weave because of quality. They feel that if they are getting cheap hair, they will pay cheap prices and BB the hair like they have to with these wigs anyway.

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 4:06pm
[QUOTE=carrie] Printer - How long are your units lasting?

I was with Holly for a while. I wouldn't chance purchasing 3 units with the hit and miss I was receiving.
[/QUOTE

Actually, my units never really wear out - besides the regular shedding.

Usually, I layer the unit wrong (it doesn’t look bad – but I don’t like it so I sell it or I did somethong else I don’t like but it’s still looks fine or in the past few years I migrate to another hair texture so then I need to sell all the others.

This is because I like to look the same every day - I don't change up my look from week to week. I just started buying curler and curler units over the years so now I am in the BIG kinky/curly afro look and have sold off all the straight/wavy/curly etc units one by one.

I have sold quite a few used units over the years .. like 30 units to the girls right here on this site and they all say the units are nice - even used.I haven't sold much in the last 2 years because I keep these kinky/curlys units and just have them reventitated or when I decide to 'grow out my afro', I buy new units and make them into BIGGER Afro units. :)

I will sell 2 or 3 pretty soon now because I just ordered 3 more and will start fresh all over again. :) So my BIG selling used units days are over because I mostly keep the units.

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 11:22am
To be honest I dont even believe some of the hair we get is real hair from a human. Yea sure it doesnt burn but so does alit of BSS hair.

Posted By: Traylee
Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 10:47am
I have used Rex exclusively for at least 3 years, close to four. The shedding issues have just increasingly gotten worse. It wasn't this way even a year ago. Sure, there's always going to be some light shedding, I'm okay with that. But it's gotten worse and worse, and now he's sent me a unit where simply running my hands through the hair results in large clumps of hair coming out a unit that's a little more than a month old. 

Miana, I've gotten bitter about this BS too. I'm not one of those chicks who expects to pull a unit out of the bag and immediately stick it on my head. I always give myself two weeks to work with it to tweak it. 

Redwine, I would love high end hair but I'd happily settle for hair that was just decent. I'm going to try a different CV and see where things go, but if it's more of the same, I'm thinking I'm going back to weaves. The ladies who do weaves don't seem to have nearly as many problems. 

Print Page | Close Window