Print Page | Close Window

Different hair colors..

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves / Extensions (for Newbies)
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369441
Printed Date: Sep 19 2018 at 5:27pm

Topic: Different hair colors..
Posted By: LaurenNicole
Subject: Different hair colors..
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 11:59am
So I am getting some hair installed next week and the hair is a very dark brown though still not light enough for my hair. I am leaving out a good amount of my hair out around to be able to put my hair up in a high ponytail. I would bleach it to match my hair but the last time I did that it ended up being a disaster. Do you think it would look horrible with the color difference in the hair?

Replies:
Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 5:33pm
It depends how many shades off it is. Also, if you put gel/edge control on your edges, it will likely make it a 1/2 shade to a shade darker but your leave out may stand out a little unless you put oil or something that will make it darker.

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 5:47pm
What about using semi permanent on your real hair? I don't have much success with those because I wear curly hair and I wet it pretty much everyday, but if you're using straight weave, it'll likely last longer.

Posted By: LaurenNicole
Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 6:57pm
I'm not sure, I've never colored my hair before so i'm not sure how that would work. Here is the color difference in the sunlight.

Or, could I ask her to lighten the bundle she uses at the top to my hair color and leave the rest underneath the natural color or would that look crazy too?

Posted By: yayatheprincess
Date Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by LaurenNicole LaurenNicole wrote:

I'm not sure, I've never colored my hair before so i'm not sure how that would work. Here is the color difference in the sunlight.

Or, could I ask her to lighten the bundle she uses at the top to my hair color and leave the rest underneath the natural color or would that look crazy too?

i think lightening the top bundle won't look bad because it's not thaaat different.

Print Page | Close Window