Print Page | Close Window

Why Dont Black Women Like Each Other?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369413
Printed Date: Sep 23 2018 at 7:12am

Topic: Why Dont Black Women Like Each Other?
Posted By: tatee
Subject: Why Dont Black Women Like Each Other?
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 11:04am

Why Dont Black Women Like Each Other?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWgVqLs2Ca4" rel="nofollow - video

Replies:
Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 11:28am
*sits*

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 11:33am
Hmm all I'ma say is they got a lotta o's claiming they don't like a bish yet they specialize in that bish and done mapped out every inch of that bish body.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 11:38am
Because some of us read garbage youtube titles like this, watch it, tell ourselves we're the special black female unicorns that don't fit into his diatribe against us and take it as the truth.

I swear some of these innanet dudes are self-loathing idiots.

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 11:40am
there may be a layer of truth to this.
not just black women but all women.
women who hate/dislike/dont care to be around other women

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 11:44am
BHM dont like him....***slides next to blaquefoxx***

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 11:45am
Black Women who love themselves like each other its the ratchet black girl who doesn't love herself and hasn't evolved into anything that allows herself to dislike her Sista for no reason....

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 11:46am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Because some of us read garbage youtube titles like this, watch it, tell ourselves we're the special black female unicorns that don't fit into his diatribe against us and take it as the truth.

This. Also, I've never understood women with this mentality:
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 11:58am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

This. Also, I've never understood women with this mentality:

+me
I was just talking to a friend about this the other day. Im sorry but i can never see myself having exclusively male friends.  most of my friends now are male now and i really dont like it. i have 1 female friend and i cling to her for dear life Unhappy

Posted By: SeducTress
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 11:58am
Thankfully I've never had these problems.

I actually cringe when I hear black women say they don't get along with other women.

If you haven't meshed with a black woman your entire life, you're the problem.

I tend to tell people they need to do better. You're the average of four of your closest friends.

If all your friends ain't sh*t, you're not sh*t. End of story. 

Little girls been bonding on playgrounds since the inception of playgrounds. 

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

Black Women who love themselves like each other its the ratchet black girl who doesn't love herself and hasn't evolved into anything that allows herself to dislike her Sista for no reason....

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 12:08pm
I don't like to be around catty, petty and insecure women. Race doesn't have anything to do with it. I've always had a limited amount of female friends but a plethora of acquaintances. I'm a tomboy at heart so my likes and interests tend to side more with males.

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 12:08pm
Well said Ducky. 

He's not that smart taking his time to explain something that he doesn't understand.  Who is the chicken and who is the egg.  The "fact" that black women hate each other is a myth in itself.  Spend 1 day around yt women and come to the conclusion that they also hate each other.  Men explaining why women do what we do is nothing short of hilarious. 

The real question is why does everyone else hate US?  Too fckn fly for those who don't have the honor of being us!  Maybe next (life)timeHug 

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 12:14pm
Black women 'don't like each other' for the same reason people don't like each other.

It's not a black woman thing, it is a human thing.

It is not being aware that our world is an interdependent one, and when we think into words into actions, we essentially create them unto ourselves.

If we all realized that being kind and compassionate doesn't just
benefit the other person, but ourselves too, then our world would be much more pleasant...and not just for black women.

C'mon. Use your noodle. (Referring to the guy in the vid, of course. I think I must specify that considering..)

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

I actually cringe when I hear black women say they don't get along with other women.

This. 

Plus nowadays people don't even have to say that. Their actions speak louder than words. I've seen way too many situations on here and off the web to know that this "phenomena" exist. Whats scary is that people would swear up and down that it ain't true and will get mad as hell if you shed light on it. 

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 12:28pm

+me
I was just talking to a friend about this the other day. Im sorry but i can never see myself having exclusively male friends.  most of my friends now are male now and i really dont like it. i have 1 female friend and i cling to her for dear life Unhappy
Awww-- bummer, eanaj. I couldn't imagine and the women that unusually declare how they hate/don't like to be around other women are usually their own problem. They like to think themselves different when they perpetuate many of the stereotypes they claim to loathe so much.

Eta: ducky summed it up perfectly

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 12:39pm
My coworker said she likes me even tho she doesn't usually get along with females... I cant understand that... theres no way im gonna hang with a group of men over women. I have a little more in common with women than men

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 12:41pm
what an interesting thing to post on a women's forum, whereby if we didnt get along (minus talk talk talk), this place couldn't exist 

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 12:51pm
i didnt watch.. 

but yea i think it has something to do with many women viewing each other as competition.. 

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 12:53pm
I have no issue with most ppl.however i do find it humorous that some men love to say how women are supposedly negative each other and how men dont behave in similar fashion...which is damn lie. Anyway, i like most ppl until given a reason not to.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 1:55pm
I didn't watch, I don't have the time, energy, or enough phucks in me to know if someone is liking me or not. Grown people with lives, jobs, kids, bills, and stuff have time for this???Confused

Go do a squat and read a book.....

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 2:17pm
Wellll....I don't like women in general. I will fight all day for women's rights and equality on a political front, but I would rather be in a room full of gay and straight men than a biological woman. I don't care how illogical it is, it's the truth. 

I like black women, middle class, the least....and yes, I am a middle class black woman. I just call a spade a spade and I don't like what I see. Where I live black women of the "middle class" are elitists. None of them want to see another black woman make it. In a room full of white people with two black women in the room, the black woman is more inclined to view YOU as competition than her white counterparts. That ish on RHOA rings true a good portion of the time. Not in all circles, but in that "upper" middle class circle. It be like that...and who has time for that type of bs on a daily? I hate that. It's always an unspoken "competition". Their views about "the others" is so simplistic. Too much drama and confrontation. It bothers me that so many black women glorify "beating a bytch" ass. It's embarrassing. Men do it too, but the level of passion and emotion over some straight dumb sh*t that women go at it about is unrivaled. 

Now, true hoodrats? No problem. I have never had an issue with a "hood chick". For the most part they know where they stand, where they are, and where they are going...even if they aint going nowhere. 

Oh well. 

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 2:22pm
I dunno why ppl feel like blacks need to sit around and sing kumbaya all the damn time.

Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Wellll....I don't like women in general. I will fight all day for women's rights and equality on a political front, but I would rather be in a room full of gay and straight men than a biological woman. I don't care how illogical it is, it's the truth. 

I like black women, middle class, the least....and yes, I am a middle class black woman. I just call a spade a spade and I don't like what I see. Where I live black women of the "middle class" are elitists who look down on the "hoodrats" while being completely oblivious to their life situation. None of them want to see another black woman make it. In a room full of white people with two black women in the room, the black woman is more inclined to view YOU as competition than her white counterparts. That ish on RHOA rings true a good portion of the time. Not in all circles, but in that "upper" middle class circle. It be like that...and who has time for that type of bs on a daily? I hate that. It's always an unspoken "competition". Their views about "the others" is so simplistic. Too much drama and confrontation. It bothers me that so many black women glorify "beating a bytch" ass. It's embarrassing. Men do it too, but the level of passion and emotion over some straight dumb sh*t that women go at it about is unrivaled. 

Now, true hoodrats? No problem. I have never had an issue with a "hood chick". For the most part they know where they stand, where they are, and where they are going...even if they aint going nowhere. 

Oh well. 

WARNING 

C.O.O.N ALERT

C.O.O.N ALERT

C.O.O.N ALERT

C.O.O.N ALERT

:troll:  C.O.O.N ALERT  :troll:

WARNING

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

I like black women, middle class, the least....and yes, I am a middle class black woman. I just call a spade a spade and I don't like what I see. Where I live black women of the "middle class" are elitists who look down on the "hoodrats" while being completely oblivious to their life situation. None of them want to see another black woman make it. In a room full of white people with two black women in the room, the black woman is more inclined to view YOU as competition than her white counterparts. That ish on RHOA rings true a good portion of the time. Not in all circles, but in that "upper" middle class circle. It be like that...and who has time for that type of bs on a daily? I hate that. It's always an unspoken "competition". Their views about "the others" is so simplistic. Too much drama and confrontation. It bothers me that so many black women glorify "beating a bytch" ass. It's embarrassing. Men do it too, but the level of passion and emotion over some straight dumb sh*t that women go at it about is unrivaled. 

Oh well. 

WARNING 

C.O.O.N ALERT

C.O.O.N ALERT

C.O.O.N ALERT

C.O.O.N ALERT

WARNING

LMAO.....gaddamn that was extensive!LOL

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I dunno why ppl feel like blacks need to sit around and sing kumbaya all the damn time.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 2:31pm
I don't mind women...Women are catty but I don't pay too much attention it unless you say sh*t about me then we got a problem Stern Smile

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 2:33pm

Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 2:35pm

I like black women, middle class, the least....and yes, I am a middle class black woman. I just call a spade a spade and I don't like what I see. Where I live black women of the "middle class" are elitists. None of them want to see another black woman make it. In a room full of white people with two black women in the room, the black woman is more inclined to view YOU as competition than her white counterparts. That ish on RHOA rings true a good portion of the time. Not in all circles, but in that "upper" middle class circle. It be like that...and who has time for that type of bs on a daily? I hate that. It's always an unspoken "competition". Their views about "the others" is so simplistic. Too much drama and confrontation. It bothers me that so many black women glorify "beating a bytch" ass. It's embarrassing. Men do it too, but the level of passion and emotion over some straight dumb sh*t that women go at it about is unrivaled. 

Oh well. 

Real talk tho u can hate who u want, but out of all the women, from every race, country, socioeconomic background, etc...u hate middle class black women the most??? Dead I have my issues with some myself but damn u trippin...Dead @ u liking hoodrats more

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I don't mind women...Women are catty but I don't pay too much attention it unless you say sh*t about me then we got a problem Stern Smile

This is what I can't get my sister to understand about me. The talking about me doesn't bother me much anymore, especially if you don't have the balls to say it in my face......but if you put your hands on me it's ova

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 3:18pm

Oh well. 

Real talk tho u can hate who u want, but out of all the women, from every race, country, socioeconomic background, etc...u hate middle class black women the most??? Dead I have my issues with some myself but damn u trippin...Dead @ u liking hoodrats more
Where did I say that I hated anyone? 

Yes, to answer your question. I would rather deal with a Joseline Hernandez, Britissh, Momma Dee, and Frankie than a Nene Leakes, Phaedra Parks, or Jackie ANY time of the week and twice on Sunday. Yup.These womens' come up is bringing other black women (yes, black women as that is who they view as their threat) down. I am not saying that hoodrats don't partake in the same phuckery but at least I know what to expect. 

Middle class black women, again from my experience, do behind your back what they aren't hood enough to do to your face. I have no time for that. 

Why is it more acceptable to like middle class black women over lower class black women though? That's exactly what I am talking about. That whole mentality. Black lower class women are still apart of the black community. If I said "I don't like ghetto black women they make us look bad and they need to do betta!11 then that's okay....but if I say "I don't like middle class black women who are with the drama but hide their hands like they aren't" I'm a "coon"? Forreal, tho. Okey doke. 

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 3:22pm

Oh well. 

Yes, to answer your question. I would rather deal with a Joseline Hernandez, Britissh, Momma Dee, and Frankie than a Nene Leakes, Phaedra Parks, or Jackie ANY time of the week and twice on Sunday. Yup.These womens' come up is bringing other black women (yes, black women as that is who they view as their threat) down. I am not saying that hoodrats don't partake in the same phuckery but at least I know what to expect. 

Middle class black women, again from my experience, do behind your back what they aren't hood enough to do to your face. I have no time for that. 

Why is it more acceptable to like middle class black women over lower class black women though? That's exactly what I am talking about. That whole mentality. Black lower class women are still apart of the black community. If I said "I don't like ghetto black women they make us look bad and they need to do betta!11 then that's okay....but if I say "I don't like middle class black women who are with the drama but hide their hands like they aren't" I'm a "coon"? Forreal, tho. Okey doke. 

would you prefer to keep the company of a middle class white woman?

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 3:25pm
This thread is.....interesting.

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 3:26pm

Oh well. 

would you prefer to keep the company of a middle class white woman?
*sigh*

Please see original post as shown above: 

"Wellll....I don't like women in general."

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 3:30pm
that has nothing to do with whether or not you would rather keep the company of a middle class white woman over that of a middle class black woman. You specifically mentioned black women and went into detail as to why you would not want to be around middle class black women. Are the reasons the same for white women or not?

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 3:32pm
Why are you on BHM?
Since you don't like us and all....

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 3:33pm
I dislike individual black women depending on the person. It's human nature not to like people. I've never said I hated/didn't like black women -shrugs.

I don't like overly feminine or masculine women, usually. I make male friends easier. Not a black thing though

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

YES

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 3:36pm

that has nothing to do with whether or not you would rather keep the company of a middle class white woman over that of a middle class black woman. You specifically mentioned black women and went into detail as to why you would not want to be around middle class black women. Are the reasons the same for white women or not?
Yes, it does actually. 

I very specifically, said, verbatim that I would prefer to be around gay or straight men then a biological woman, period (which is inclusive of white women as well of women of any social class). 

If that doesn't suffice...I'd rather be around neither one. Why white though? Why not hispanic? Ask you may just get a different answer......

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 3:38pm
perhaps i should have asked you to pick the lesser of two evils. I specified white women because they are the majority.

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 3:55pm

perhaps i should have asked you to pick the lesser of two evils. I specified white women because they are the majority.
My opinion would be skewed because I am black and have had more interaction with black women, so I can't really answer that. Overall I just choose not to be around that many women, period. My experience with black middle class women has just been the worse for the reasons listed above. 

Generally speaking, white women do not see me as a threat. They are competing against other white women or white men. Black middle class women where I live prefer to compete against the only other black person in the room. Like a race to be the only "token". I don't understand that. I'm tired of that.

The only reason I even specified black women is because that is what the topic pertains to. 

This is really the only forum I've been on where saying that is taken as a huge dig. There are people on this very thread, who I am quite certain would prefer the company of a middle class black woman over a "ghetto" lower class black woman....and I'm sure they have their "reasons". I am the opposite. It's for whatever reason, okay in our community to dislike "ghetto" black people, but the reverse is offensive. Which is interesting to me. 

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:04pm
OMC I partially agree with what you're saying.  You are speaking from your own experience I understand but as another so-called MC Black Woman I am not the person you describe and there are many of us here on BHM.   I think your opinion is skewed by a small subset of Black women.   We're not all like that.  Generalization is part of the problem. 

I do believe you have not experienced good relationships with other women.   In my case other black women from the most ghetto to the most stuck up have taught be so much about life.  I would not trade those relationships for the world.  It makes me sad to hear women dismiss the importance of female relationships. 

BTW this video is STILL bullsh*t. 

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:05pm
Slightly OT: For clarity, what qualifies as lower, middle and upper class these days? We need another thread on that.

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:05pm
didnt watch the video btw...im sure its ish

Posted By: femmemuscleisback
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

I don't like to be around catty, petty and insecure women. Race doesn't have anything to do with it. I've always had a limited amount of female friends but a plethora of acquaintances. I'm a tomboy at heart so my likes and interests tend to side more with males.

thank you!!Clap

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

It makes me sad to hear women dismiss the importance of female relationships. 

me too. I  get along great with women and usually prefer their company (other than the obvious of courseLOL)

didn't watch

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:11pm

Slightly OT: For clarity, what qualifies as lower, middle and upper class these days? We need another thread on that.

just what this place needs

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:18pm
i don't understand why he's relegating the topic to "women"?  specifically "black women?"..

In my geographic location, black people hate black people in general on sight.Confused

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

i don't understand why he's relegating the topic to "women"?  specifically "black women?"..

In my geographic location, black people hate black people in general on sight.

Where the hell you live?

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

I can see it now: Random Middle Class Thoughts The 401K Edition

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:24pm

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:29pm
I thought the " middle class" no longer existed....

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:30pm
LOL Diane!!!!

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:32pm
i look at bougie as more of an attitude.. not income level 

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

I can see it now: Random Middle Class Thoughts The 401K Edition

hopefully CC won't name it that LOL

Posted By: ragincajin
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:36pm
[QUOTE=Seductress]DIV]I actually cringe when I hear black women say they don't get along with other women closest friends.[QUOTE]
Wholeheartedly agree with this...although the fact that we still have to say it...just makes me sigh. Sad.

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:41pm

OMC I partially agree with what you're saying.  You are speaking from your own experience I understand but as another so-called MC Black Woman I am not the person you describe and there are many of us here on BHM.   I think your opinion is skewed by a small subset of Black women.   We're not all like that.  Generalization is part of the problem. 

I do believe you have not experienced good relationships with other women.   In my case other black women from the most ghetto to the most stuck up have taught be so much about life.  I would not trade those relationships for the world.  It makes me sad to hear women dismiss the importance of female relationships. 

Yessssssss, but here is the other problem. I specified "where I live" "from my experience"...lol. 

I don't know how many more disclaimers I need to provide that I am speaking from my experience. Any anecdotal experience is by definition a, limited one, I understand and agree with that. 

If I say "from my experience" or "where I live" in a post, I'm not going to continue to preface that in every statement I make. To me, it starts looking stupid and redundant. 

To me what is interesting is that there is a focus moreso on me not wanting to be around middle classblack women. If I had said "ghetto" or "lower class" it would be accepted, because the truth of the matter is that "ghetto" people are looked down on in our community so it's hard to believe that someone would prefer their company over someone of a "higher" social class. If what I am saying is not applicable to you (not you...but the general "you") then I don't understand why someone would take offense. My decision to hang around whoever I hang around is mine alone and a personal one. We all have preferences, albeit probably based in sheer ignorance and generalization from personal experience, of who we want to be around and who we don't want to be around. It may be illogical (and I said that), but that's how people are. I'm just okay with admitting it...

What is the importance of (biological) female relationships vs any other relationship? *not being an ass, I'm curious*

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:59pm
sometimes its how a person perceives things, its not always the reality. I see posts all the time people talking about haters when in reality you aint got shyt anyone with half a brain would be jealous of. 

Maybe its your body language, attitude, face expressions that make you seem standoffish and that makes people not approach YOU , it has nothing really to so with them "hating".

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 5:11pm

What is the importance of (biological) female relationships vs any other relationship? *not being an ass, I'm curious*

Well I'll use my own "from my experience disclaimer" for this answer LOL.

We learn how to be women from other women.  If there were no women in our lives how would be know what a woman is, what she does, what her value is, what she can do?  Imagine a world where we are only allowed to interact with men?  What would we be?  I don't even want to know. 

Some of the things I've learned (and still learning) - how to take care of babies, where to find the best stuff for the best price, how to apply makeup, how to do my hair, how to masturbateStern Smile, how to handle really bad situations.  Things they have helped me with - child rearing, decorating, cooking, sensuality, venting, how to do my job, what to wear to this or that and on and on. 

Some of the things I get from those relationships - Companionship, understanding, support, lots of laughter, confidence, forgiveness, the benefit of their experiences and all types of advice in general

Yeah that wasn't even hard.  I can't imagine a world where I didn't have other women to love and create bonds with. 

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 5:14pm
If a girl has nothing but guy friends I can't help but think she f*cked at least one of them lol

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 5:16pm
SL you read my mind.  One bad experience can stain a person for years so forgiveness is the only way relationships work at all because ppl are extremely flawed.  All of us.   

ETA:  Actually when flaws are part of the design I guess you call that normalLOL

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 5:17pm

Oh it does.Evil Smile

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 5:20pm

SL you read my mind.  One bad experience can stain a person for years so forgiveness is the only way relationships work at all because ppl are extremely flawed.  All of us.   

ETA:  Actually when flaws are part of the design I guess you call that normalLOL

I had a bad experience in high school and in general I'm not a 'forgiver' LOL but I went right on a few months later to meet my best friend for life.

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 5:52pm

Oh it does.Evil Smile

Thumbs Up

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 6:49pm

Where the hell you live?

Right now, it's in NM on the border of Mexico.  I travel a lot, and in most small towns in the southwest? blacks avoid each other like the plague.

The men, will not approach if you are a black woman because they already assume you have an attitude - trust there aren't that many of us.  But they will run after these mexican and white women faster than a horse can trot.

i think if you wear a weave it might be helpful..

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 7:31pm
There are only 2 other black women at my job and I tend to gravitate towards themLOL

I stay away from ratchets tho...Black ratchets, white ratchets, hispanic ratchets...I DON'T CARE...IF you rachet, your presence won't be sought.

ratch·et
ˈraCHit/
  1. 1.
    a person that is ready to fight at a drop of a hat. you can't look at them, bump into them, or accidently step on their shoes.
  2. 2.
    a person who thinks the're hot but actually ugly and unflattering, probably being sloppy and obnoxious

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 7:38pm
lmaoooooooooooooooo at that definition 
the web is funnyLOL

but i agree ...i try to be friendly to everyone...but some folks will roll their eyes and mug you like they are ready to kill because you spoke to them.............i avoid these people...LOL

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 7:55pm

Where the hell you live?

Right now, it's in NM on the border of Mexico.  I travel a lot, and in most small towns in the southwest? blacks avoid each other like the plague.

The men, will not approach if you are a black woman because they already assume you have an attitude - trust there aren't that many of us.  But they will run after these mexican and white women faster than a horse can trot.

i think if you wear a weave it might be helpful..

Living in Phoenix, I can vouch that this is the ugly truth. There's more black men with anything-other-than-black couplings more than anything.

When I was in Santa Fe in 2010, I hardly saw any black people.

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 8:02pm
I was in Santa Fe for a day trip this year and all I saw were NA's and Mexican folk and me and my friend's token negro selves. It brought back good old memories.LOL

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 8:10pm

I was in Santa Fe for a day trip this year and all I saw were NA's and Mexican folk and me and my friend's token negro selves. It brought back good old memories.LOL

I was there for a karate competition and I was the ONLY black person there. There I was doing my katas in front of a testing board full of old yt men in front of me and about 200 Mexican and NA audience behind me. I did my thing and kicked ass then afterwards, they ain't want to clap for a sista like they did everyone else, I'm like "F" all ya'll....I'm STILL great! LOLWink

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 8:15pm
man when you have a great group of black women as friends who support and love you and want nothing but the best for you...that shyt is great. i'm lucky to say i have a couple.

i've met some evil ass ones too but i pay them no mind and keep it moving. i just continue to appreciate the ones i have. 

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 8:25pm
I just asked my friend this. I was at a networking event where me and one other black woman were the only two blacks. She was catty as sh*t to me the entire time.

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 9:25pm
yeah.. but i bet she was hella-nice to the other cultures.Ouch

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

Living in Phoenix, I can vouch that this is the ugly truth. There's more black men with anything-other-than-black couplings more than anything.

When I was in Santa Fe in 2010, I hardly saw any black people.

You're right, i think they hide behind large boulders when they see other black folks.LOL

I tried to explain this on the LHCF a few years ago, about how hard it is to ski as a black person in NM.   I was the only black person that ski's in Santa Fe.  The stares were priceless.  But also there were racial slurs and a couple of young mexican chicks that tried to pick a fight for no reason.

Several dumb as** on the LHCF said I should "START A BLACK SKI-ING CLUB"  in my area.

Apparently, the ones that made that suggestion and kept repeating themselves,  lived in  large cities and had no clue, that there are only 3 or 4 of us here.  and what's worse? they don't speak to each other.

The nearest city with several black folks THAT SKI  is 2-3 hours away in Colorado. So how in the hell can you START a (fu*&king) CLUB?? Pile a bunch of rocks together,  and pretend they are other black folks, i guess.

that's when i learned on forums .. the ones who preach the most, absolutely have no clue..

(and yes, i cancelled my membership to that hair forum)..

Posted By: Bonjour baby ooowee
Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 10:57pm
im in arizona and Lord have mercy i gets it from EVERYBODY men included LOL i dont trip no mo cause i get just as much positive / love from em tooLOL i tell em " ive got a line for jealousy cornering china go get in it" LOL YESSSS hunty the horns come out / the green eyes glare & i STILL say the devil is a lie & ain't got NOTHING here Star i now take it as a compliment

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 9:09am
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

I just asked my friend this. I was at a networking event where me and one other black woman were the only two blacks. She was catty as sh*t to me the entire time.

See this what I hate catty black women..I would love to find a good black woman BFF...

Print Page | Close Window