Print Page | Close Window

goal length

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Growth (Newbies)
Forum Description: Hair Growth issues, solutions, and discussions (for Newbies)
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369388
Printed Date: Jan 18 2020 at 11:15am

Topic: goal length
Posted By: cosmochica010
Subject: goal length
Date Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 1:15am
If there's already a thread like this then please direct me to it.
What are you goals for the summer ?for the new years (2015)?
SL
APL
MBL
BSL
WL
TL

By 2015 I expect my back to be arm pit length and my front to be chin length currently my back is shoulder length and my front is to the middle is to the tip of my nose

Replies:
Posted By: littlebabybug
Date Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 4:12am
thanks for this! i'm not aware that there's one like this, but then again, i'm crappy at using the search bar, so i wouldn't know. but my goal length for...
well, for the start of 2015 if all goes well i should be at BSL.
by the end of it, i'm counting on MBL at least. so...another 9 inches of hair or so, which should put me at a range of 17 to 22 inches if i don't trim my hair from now til then. but knowin my scissor happy behind......LOL

Date Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 9:56am
I've been trying not to cut my hair either LOL. I usually try to trim my own ends and take off to much but now I'm focusing on keeping the ends healthy so I wont have to cut as much.

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 9:17pm
The methods to help me increase hair growth will go as followed;
GHM-5x a week
inversion methods-once a month for seven days
LOC
conditioner with silicon once a month, I don't find it harmful to my hair but due to some readings on websites I will not put it in excess amounts and co-wash with it.
and
V05 clarifying conditioner and v05 strong hair conditioner for my co-wash followed by kertain spray by organix for extra protection and African best oil on my ends 2x a week

I have not done a protein treatment yet, but some of the products I use contain protein in it. But I will do a deep protein treatment probably once every two months.
oil

Posted By: Sanchi
Date Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 8:47pm
my hair is an inch pass shoulder length. i def. want to get back to APL at least, not even thinking WL now
hair been through too much

doing the inversion method once a day for 4 minutes using castor and african hot oil but now adding coconut oil and doing a garlic scalp treatment biweekly. 

Ion solution reconstructing shampoo and conditioner
aussie 3 minute conditioner 

Good luck ladies Clap

Posted By: Journey94
Date Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 9:44pm
I want to be bsl by January 2015. This summer I want to get back to full apl, I had to cut my hair last month because of damage and unevenness. I'm above apl but past collarbone

Date Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 7:56pm
Having a major set-back due to wearing my afro out .So I'm protecting my ends more, I did a twist-out last night and plan on wearing this for 2-3 days and then redoing the style and if I get tired with the style then back to wigs for me Tongue.
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY LADIES!! Time is on our side! Lets make this journey a good one!

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 8:23pm
My goal for Summer 2015....
Full Waist length. Right now only a few strands are WL, I have the typical 'V'

Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 2:08am
How do I upload pictures?

Posted By: LadyAradia
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 10:58am
MBL to WL starting mn & sulfur again soon

Date Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 12:52am
so fari've been trying new things with forte bonita and she has not responded how I expected. I've even went so far to rubbing an onion and pepper on my head.overall I do notice little growth

Posted By: DiamondDabs
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 2:23pm
at least BSL and if I get there before 2015, MBL Big smile

Posted By: Origami0508
Date Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 5:35pm
Aiming for SL now that all the relaxed ends are gone. My long term goal is BSL/MBL. 

Date Posted: Apr 15 2014 at 2:37pm
I've been keeping twisties in for 3-5 days and then taking them down and wearing my puff for 2 days and then back to the twisties but I did a no-heat blowout which involved combing AND there was slight breakage which I am all the way against. I also did a onion,garlic powder,tea tree oil and coconut oil rinse with conditioning from dove on saturday and then yesterday (tuesday 4/14/14) I did a scalp massage using tea tree oil and 'thicking oil' from softee. I've also been green housing every night since monday and before monday I was green housing every other night.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:24pm
funny story somebody told me to was my hair with dishwasing liquid and not put any conditioner in it because all that stuff is 'cosmetic' and was dead serious Confused this women has 3b with some 3c texture but idk if thats makes a diff lmao but ANYWHO

UPDATE!! STILL UP ON MY GREENHOUSING METHOD. still applying tea tree oil to my roots (new routine) and coconut oil to ends. Also been experiancing some breakage,I'm trying not to have any set backs though..funny thing is the breakage did not occur intill i did the no heat blowout by combing my hair 6 days ago  hopefully I can stop this madness 

Posted By: pinkecube
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by cosmochica010 cosmochica010 wrote:

funny story somebody told me to was my hair with dishwasing liquid and not put any conditioner in it because all that stuff is 'cosmetic' and was dead serious Confused this women has 3b with some 3c texture but idk if thats makes a diff lmao but ANYWHO

UPDATE!! STILL UP ON MY GREENHOUSING METHOD. still applying tea tree oil to my roots (new routine) and coconut oil to ends. Also been experiancing some breakage,I'm trying not to have any set backs though..funny thing is the breakage did not occur intill i did the no heat blowout by combing my hair 6 days ago  hopefully I can stop this madness 

You might want to add some watered down conditioner before applying oil. You need some moisture to seal with those oils, they do nothing alone. if you want the breakage to slow. Do not listen to the person who said something about dish soap. That sounds ridiculous.

Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 8:11pm
Yeah, So i've been greenhousing every night and usually try to wash my hair twice a week. My hair has beenin protective styles so i've been doing 'methods' and then putting my hair back up PROTECT MY ENDS!!!.  http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/cosmochica010/media/IMG2296-1_zpsbfd014cd.jpg.html -
http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/cosmochica010/media/IMG2489_zpsda68682b.jpg.html -
These are back from december 

Date Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 8:15pm
thank you for the advice pinkcube

Posted By: BronxJazzy
Date Posted: May 02 2014 at 12:50am
By Dec 2014 I hope to be mid back length By this time next year I hope to be waist length.
My hair is 15 1/2 inches and I want it to be 20 inches by May 2015. 

The ways I hope to get there
Reducing heat usage to once every 2 months at the most. 
Shampooing with chagrin valley shampoo bar once a week.
Leaving hair alone.
Deep condition with every wash.
Taking a multi vitamin.
Only comb when hair is drenched in conditioner.
Leaving hair in a bun or wash and go until next wash.
Using protein after heat.

Posted By: misslexy22
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 9:29pm
My goal is to be MBL .  My hair has rally been growing a lot the past year and I think its because I have just been leaving my hair alone . Just wearing u-part wigs and I wash and condition my hair every week.

Posted By: ladybevy
Date Posted: May 22 2014 at 10:26pm
I'm SL right now. My long term goal is to get to BSL.

Posted By: kktops81
Date Posted: May 26 2014 at 5:50pm
Im the same way, mine is SL now but I hope to be BSL by winter.

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 1:09pm
Good Luck

You can do it

Posted By: flwonline
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 7:05pm
By August 2014, I hope to be BSL again. 
By the beginning of 2015 I hope to be at least close to WL. 
Within a year from now, HIP!

Posted By: CammiCutie
Date Posted: Nov 11 2014 at 2:43am
I am MBL now and my goal length is WL.

Print Page | Close Window