Print Page | Close Window

Countess Vaugh says lace front glu destroyed her

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369263
Printed Date: Dec 16 2018 at 9:38am

Topic: Countess Vaugh says lace front glu destroyed her
Posted By: bunzaveli
Subject: Countess Vaugh says lace front glu destroyed her
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 2:00am
Countess Vaughn Of Moesha & The Parkers Says Lace Front glue destroyed her hairline forever

Cry

Replies:
Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 2:01am
Damn, so she has a ruined booty and hairline?

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 2:05am
repost

Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 2:12am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

repost

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 2:51am
What happened to the weird looking black lady Dr and the old orange white man?

and I'm mad at the current wig choice though

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 3:46am
You know.. maybe I'm just apathetic as hell but this was no sob story to me and the sad music felt so inappropriate.

I mean yeah, it sucks, but her life ain't over..

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 4:45am
Hmmm ok, I didn't really feel sorry for her. There are other alternatives besides from using glue or tape. If the glue is causing bad effects then find another alternative. Simple!

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 5:02am
There's a lady who works with us ..

she went on holiday and took a pic without her wig

The glue damage was obvious ..

Her edges are so fuccked up she looks like she got burnt

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 5:41am
I can't hear it right now.  did she loose it because she was not applying it correctly or did she lose it from a bacterial infection?  or did the glue cause the infection which caused her hairline damage?

Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 5:48am
this is a repost?  I googled and I couldn't find nothing on Countess dated recently.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 5:56am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

this is a repost?  I googled and I couldn't find nothing on Countess dated recently.

technically it doesnt count as a repost because i posted it within another thread

http://f3.blackhairmedia.com/random-hair-thoughts_topic368795_post10774697.html#10774697" rel="nofollow - http://f3.blackhairmedia.com/random-hair-thoughts_topic368795_post10774697.html#10774697

Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 5:57am
i do know about anyone else but hair loss, skin scarring and discoloration would be devastating for me.

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 6:00am
I guess it was so important to her to keep using glue even though her skin was "oozing"??
WTF was she thinking???
Sounds like fungus and I'm sure it burned but she kept applying??

Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 6:06am
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

I guess it was so important to her to keep using glue even though her skin was "oozing"??
WTF was she thinking???

so basically she gone blame it on the wig and not her own misuse?    smh.  see...this is some bullsh... actually..i'll take my thoughts to the confessions or one of the RT threads.

Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 6:08am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

i do know about anyone else but hair loss, skin scarring and discoloration would be devastating for me.

I don't have no hurr and scarring and discolouration would mess me up.  I use endurabond and have no issues like that.  I would thing that Countess would have the common sense to realize she was allergic and do something else.

Posted By: Kocoa
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 6:37am

I don't have no hurr and scarring and discolouration would mess me up.  I use endurabond and have no issues like that.  I would think that Countess would have the common sense to realize she was allergic and do something else.

^^This.

I can't believe she sat there for months with skin paining and oozing. What prolly happened was that her skin must've gotten inflamed and then infected or something. It sounded like she wasn't removing the wig properly either. She did say something like "everytime you remove your wig, you remove like a layer of skin". I don't know 1 person that loses a layer of (live) skin everytime they remove a wig. Dead skin, sure, but not the fresh layer.

Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 7:12am
Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

She's still talking about this?

LOL

Posted By: KottonKandy
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 7:28am
My cousin was messing around with wigs and glue and has discoloration on her edges. At first it wasn't bad and you would think she would have stop, I told her to as well. Now the discoloration is permanent. When I stop using black glue for my quick weaves, that was the end for me. Thank goodness for realistic glueless, invisible part, wigs... :)

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 7:28am
We supposed to cry and get outraged after she kept slapping ultrahold on top of some open wounds???

Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

We supposed to cry and get outraged after she kept slapping ultrahold on top of some open wounds???

i didnt take as anything more than a cautionary tale.  some people might be allergic to stuff.  i guess she shouldve kept it to her self.

Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 7:45am
I got the message I just didnt see the wig adhesive as the issue in this case, shrugs shoulders. Sorry vanity could not come before open sores in my life.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 7:55am
rotating btwn glued lace wigs & micro invisible braids showed that she didnt respect her hairline anyway.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 7:59am
i hope that she starts singing again. ive loved her since she was a tot on star search.

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 8:01am
She might be embellishing her experience to up her PR.  I can't see any reasonable person, much less a "star" walking around w/ an oozing scalp...She might in reality had it for 6 weeks not 6 months.

Either way we all know folks w/ balding edges due to poor hair style practices.

Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 8:12am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

lol no fcuks given in this thread ?

pretty muchLOL streets are cold.

Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 8:14am
lol no fcuks given in this thread ?

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 9:15am
Glue on the hairline doesn't sound like it should ever happen...under any circumstances.

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 9:28am
Tough crowd

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 9:35am
I am surprised she let this problem go so far.  You have to address things immediatly, I'm sure she noticed her hair problem but she was "TOO IN LOVE" with the wig to stop wearing it.
That is why I tell people, all styles will take out your hair if you are not monitoring and careful.

For me, I can't talk for every black woman in the world but for ME....

If you keep getting braids over and over after a while even with the best of care some people will notice that their ediges are thinning out.

If you wear a ponytail constantly after a while, you might notice that the hair is thinning out wear you put the rubber band.

If you wear a weave constantly after a while, you might notice your kitchen track where you hair might be the shortest has broken off due to the weight of the tracks.

If you wear a lace wig, constantly and are applying glue...after a while your edges will thin.

So the moral of the story and what I have learned to do is 1) inspect your hair and look for thinning AND most importantly  2) switch it up if you wear a lace wig for 1 month, switch to a pony tail for a few weeks,

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 9:39am
Well, that's the cost of being...fit to be seen...I guess... 

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 9:44am
An awful lot of women are not educated about the up keep, hygiene, daily care and such when it comes to weaves, wigs and extensions. Sadly some don't care, as long as they have that desired look they're going for...that's all that matters.

People can act like that as a whole we're weave connoisseurs by default but that's really not the case. So her story isn't surprising at all.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 9:58am

Gurrrrlll.....

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 10:00am
She mentioned this before in her life after show. Sucks f9r her but her hair didnt look bad for that interview. Wth is up with it now

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 10:20am
She was using Ultra Hold?! inever watched the video. My word! How long was she keeping the wigs on cause that ish was good for keeping wigs on through scuba diving, bungee jumping AND skydiving sans helmet LOL and  general long term wear LOL BUT it also made BHM member sick (headaches, bloodlcots et all) DAMNNNNN

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 10:27am
My hairline was lighter when I wore lace wigs because it never tanned with the rest of my face. Sort of how your scalp is lighter than the rest of your face.
It went away when I stopped wearing wigs.

Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

She was using Ultra Hold?! inever watched the video. My word! How long was she keeping the wigs on cause that ish was good for keeping wigs on through scuba diving, bungee jumping AND skydiving sans helmet LOL and  general long term wear LOL BUT it also made BHM member sick (headaches, bloodlcots et all) DAMNNNNN

Yep I remember had the people in LFs using it for their honeymoon...

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 10:35am
I remember when i use to glue down lacewigs...if i tried a new tape/adhesive if i had the slightest bump or irritation i took that mess off and never used that product again. I am sure she had some initial signs before it got that bad....but its good she is putting it out there

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 10:41am
Honeymoon Evil Smile It's 2014 now man and Im still seeing traction alopecia (weaves, twists, locs, braids) and other ish, it really hurts my heart man. and its to such an extent that Temple Balm/castoroil/steroids can no longer help. Young women just bald in that front and no one in their communities addresses it. I swear its the locs that look the worst one loc in the front (hairline) then a wideeeeee expanse of skin and then the rest of the locs.

Posted By: mommykat
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 10:51am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Gurrrrlll.....

She needs BHM…    
And the TM method that is what I use(The birth place of the Tootsies mom method is BHM).
I think I’m about to order my first glues less wig for my trip.
Thanks BHM… for all that you do …
I was reading about weaves in newbies (Thanks SL for your nice work and notes…) up stairs and I think--- I might let a BHM member do my first weave soon (she does great work and only a 20min drive).

Posted By: mommykat
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 10:52am
I did not view the video

Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 11:52am
So what took her eyebrows?

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 11:58am
She looks so sad. Like she's been through a whooole lot.

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 12:44pm
I understand lace wigs might have scared her, but that's no excuse for that mess on her head now.

I can' t seem to gather any sympathy for someone who ignored their scalp oozing stank pus.

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 1:03pm
I don't understand why shes blaming lace fronts....ANY cosmetic could do this to a person if the KEEP using.

She kept wearing lace fronts because it was popular. 

The problem is you're a grown woman with a child ...and following whats popular.  

She doesn't need Dr. Oz...she needs Iylana. 

Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 1:56pm
I dont know if she used UH or not I just used that for example but uhhh whatever she was using if she had " open wounds" I know that mess stungggg and burned like hell Cry

She probably was one of those women trying to get a 3 month hold with tape, UH, dalvin green on top of some vapon with a dash of ghostbond for the edges. Cry I see posts like that  and just smh. 

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 2:13pm
mayne that HU is was the devil.  I wore twice..........the secomd time to make sure I wasn't trying.  Look like I had herpes on my forehead after 6 hours.  Took that stuff and and sent it to JustLaney.  she never had issues like I did.  That ooozin is real. such a shame she that it was a normal part of the game -_-

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

I don't understand why shes blaming lace fronts....ANY cosmetic could do this to a person if the KEEP using.

She kept wearing lace fronts because it was popular. 

The problem is you're a grown woman with a child ...and following whats popular.  

She doesn't need Dr. Oz...she needs Iylana. 

THIS...and with a dash of Jesus.  She just looks tired, unhealthy and worn out.

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 3:01pm
This story is old - she stated this a few years ago

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 3:14pm
she used to be such a cute bug-eyed plump girl.....

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 4:13pm

Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

WTF was she thinking???

so basically she gone blame it on the wig and not her own misuse?    smh.  see...this is some bullsh... actually..i'll take my thoughts to the confessions or one of the RT threads.

she didn't have a glue/clue what she was doing.. 

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 4:51pm
why is this on wshh?

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

why is this on wshh?

LampDead

Posted By: iBetYouhNvNika
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

So what took her eyebrows?

Jeeeeezawwsss

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 10:14pm
Her stylist must hate her!!! Didnt the stylist notice the damage?? ESP. WITH PUSS ??? Its not lace wigs to blame its her own negligence.

I dont apply my lace wigs with glue anymore, I dont need to I never wear a updo and my hair usually cover my ears. Plus thevwigs last longer without using glue. I use a method that keeps it in place, I could do the dutty wine with it...lol

Posted By: thickblkbarbie
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 10:20pm
Hmm maybe she wasn't protecting her skin .. Before she applied her wigs .. 24/7 she sounds she hardly removed them

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 1:36am

I don't have no hurr and scarring and discolouration would mess me up.  I use endurabond and have no issues like that.  I would thing that Countess would have the common sense to realize she was allergic and do something else.

Correct.

There are a zillion different brands of tape/glue on the market for all those millions of male Tupee wearers ... so if she had a bad reaction to one of them - she should have stopped using it.

I've been wearing them for years too and my hairline is clear as can be. No scaring and no problems.

I have tried a couple of products over the years though that gave me little bumps after one application. However, I did have enough sense to toss that product immediately - rather than keep using it until my head became a pulpy mess. Some people are simply allergic to some of the products.

Honestly sometimes 'common sense' is just not common enough.

(This is like Naomi Cambell with her lost edges. One wonders HOW she could not have noticed that the wave technique she was using .. was taking her hair out!)

Aside from that ... the pic of her hairline looks like her hairline is .. gone. That tells me she applied the glue/tape ON her hairline ... not her skin.

If you put these chemicals ON your natural hair ... bit by bit it will take it out. DUH!

Posted By: Kocoa
Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 1:37am
Well, I'm about to foray into the world of FLWs. That being said; I'd better take this time to ask some safety questions, lol.
I'm planning on doing longterm bonding as well, like 2 wks at a time w/ a weekend in between for washing and airing out before reapplying (assuming the adhesive doesn't do something crazy). So far, I was already planning on just using super tape (on top of a wig cap that's covering my natural hairline) which will be applied over a few layers of scalp protector. Maybe I'd add glue (looking at the medical grade/silicone adhesives) to that combo only if I'm going on another cruise or beach vacay. Sounds like too much?

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 1:47am
LFWs are great!

But 2 weeks IMO is too long to wear them. I also think you will be packing too much punch in your application judging by what you are saying above. You have to be careful or things are going to start going sideways for you and then you will be like thids girl .. saying that the LFW messed her up ... but it was really her application that messed her up.

Most people reapply once a week but I usually reapply every 4 days because I like a fresh appl. Also my applcation takes 15 minutes at the most because after the first few years I pretty much worked the appl down to a science.

There really is a lot to learn - so I suggest meeting in the Lace Front section. (Or you can PM me). :)

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 2:26am
She looks like she is suffering from Hyperthyroidism, are there any MD's on here?

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 9:11am
forever? she can get a transplant like Destiny an em

Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 9:12am
it was brave of her to do this. props. but why she cryin' and applying that devil glue to her bald spot anyway?Confused

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 9:16am
I can't wear a band aid for a day without it messing up my skin temporarily so I can see how wearing a lf for days/weeks can damage skin w/ prolonged use.Ouch

Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 9:17am
always been flabbergasted as to how anyone can glue hair on to their scalp. Cray

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 9:49am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

She looks like she is suffering from Hyperthyroidism, are there any MD's on here?

im not an MD but I think there is something wrong with her health as well. I don't believe the glue is sole cause of her health problems.

Print Page | Close Window