Print Page | Close Window

Scientists Announce A Big-Bang Breakthrough

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369250
Printed Date: Nov 22 2017 at 6:35pm

Topic: Scientists Announce A Big-Bang Breakthrough
Posted By: Random Thoughts
Subject: Scientists Announce A Big-Bang Breakthrough
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 1:46pm

Replies:
Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 1:52pm
Star

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 2:01pm
I think the big bang is interesting. There's parts I'm still trying to wrap my mind around. Like how the universe is expanding but not getting bigger. Will the universe collapse back into a single particle and start all over like a heartbeat... and other stuff.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 2:08pm
Here are the research papers

http://bicepkeck.org./" rel="nofollow - http://bicepkeck.org./

Here is a write-up  that thoroughly describes what has been announced today.

http://profmattstrassler.com/2014/03/17/a-primer-on-todays-events/#more-7442" rel="nofollow - http://profmattstrassler.com/2014/03/17/a-primer-on-todays-events/#more-7442

And here is the 'father' of the inflation model being told that his theory now has direct evidence.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 2:24pm
hmmmmmm

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 2:24pm
I was never sure I believed in the Big Bang.

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 2:32pm
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/04/100409-black-holes-alternate-universe-multiverse-einstein-wormholes/" rel="nofollow - http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/04/100409-black-holes-alternate-universe-multiverse-einstein-wormholes/

http://www.space.com/20112-oldest-known-star-universe.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.space.com/20112-oldest-known-star-universe.html

I think this justifies some credence to my hypothesis that stars are really seeds to create more universes while the black hole is the opening to a new one. Just a hypothesis.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/04/100409-black-holes-alternate-universe-multiverse-einstein-wormholes/" rel="nofollow - http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/04/100409-black-holes-alternate-universe-multiverse-einstein-wormholes/

http://www.space.com/20112-oldest-known-star-universe.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.space.com/20112-oldest-known-star-universe.html

I think this justifies some credence to my hypothesis that stars are really seeds to create more universes while the black hole is the opening to a new one. Just a hypothesis.

Might be. Not all stars will become black holes though.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

I think the big bang is interesting. There's parts I'm still trying to wrap my mind around. Like how the universe is expanding but not getting bigger. Will the universe collapse back into a single particle and start all over like a heartbeat... and other stuff.

From what I understand, the 'big crunch' hypothesis has fallen out of favor. Instead many cosmologist believe that the universe will keep expanding until everything is so far apart from each other that the universe will be dark, cold, and motionless.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

From what I understand, the 'big crunch' hypothesis has fallen out of favor. Instead many cosmologist believe that the universe will keep expanding until everything is so far apart from each other that the universe will be dark, cold, and motionless.

Yes I was thinking something not quite as dramatic, more of everything eventually becoming captured in its nearest black hole, till there are nothing but black holes left, then those black holes coalescing into one massive black hole that spans the universe with everything that once was in the center of it sort of like the original particle. And starting over.

Posted By: HaitianLuv
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 3:50pm
the thing that i dont get is if the big bang created all space, time and matter- where the hell did the matter for the big bang come from? Why was there this random infinitely dense matter in the middle of nothingness? where did this infinitely dense matter come from in the first place?

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:02pm
The big mystery. Hopefully one day people will have a (scientific) answer.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:06pm
This is cool I guess...

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:06pm

The big mystery. Hopefully one day people will have a (scientific) answer.

ahhhh yes the ole faith equivalence...

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:08pm
What's the faith equivalence?

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by HaitianLuv HaitianLuv wrote:

the thing that i dont get is if the big bang created all space, time and matter- where the hell did the matter for the big bang come from? Why was there this random infinitely dense matter in the middle of nothingness? where did this infinitely dense matter come from in the first place?

That's the part they want you to overlook. I asked my dad the same question when I was younger and he said it doesn't matter. Confused

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:13pm

God this theory is just that a theory God created the bang

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:14pm
i'm just saying...holding on to faith that a scientific answer will be found that something poofed from nothing...

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

i'm just saying...holding on to faith that a scientific answer will be found that something poofed from nothing...

Hope and faith are not synonyms, least not in the context that I used the term.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:19pm

i see....well keep hope alive then...for the proof...that is...

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

That's the part they want you to overlook. I asked my dad the same question when I was younger and he said it doesn't matter. Confused

How is that the part that 'they' want overlooked? The whole 'from nothing' topic is probably the most publicized topic going on right now in science.

i see....well keep hope alive then...

Your equivocation fallacy. I see it.LOL

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:32pm
lol...well you are waiting hoping and wishing on the scientific proof are you not?  proof that will likely never ever come or at the very least requires ones mind to consider/ponder a concept that is seemingly impossible (something poofing from nothing, that is)...

same as religious people are waiting on proof... 

shrugs...

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:37pm

How is that the part that 'they' want overlooked? The whole 'from nothing' topic is probably the most publicized topic going on right now in science.

I'm somewhat into that stuff and I never hear about it. 

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:56pm

As if searching "where does space come from?" yields no results.....

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 5:07pm

lol...well you are waiting hoping and wishing on the scientific proof are you not?  proof that will likely never ever come or at the very least requires ones mind to consider/ponder a concept that is seemingly impossible (something poofing from nothing, that is)...

same as religious people are waiting on proof... 

shrugs...

A desire to see something happen (based on evidence) is not the same as believing something will happen (without evidence). That equivocation is a fallacy.

The waves from the inflation of the universe, as predicted by Einstein a hundred years ago, is already on the verge of being 'proved' which is remarkable in itself. I'm not sure, confident, or optimistic that there will ever be an explanation for 'before' the universe (the premise might not even be correct), but the direct evidence for fractions of a second after is amazing stuff to examine and we already have that.

As for the poofing from nothing, I'm not sure that characterizes the universe...But even if that were true, it's not necessary to understand gravitational singularity or 'before' a big bang to accept what happened after the event which caused the inflation. Just like I don't have to know the answer to abiogenisis to accept that evolution is true and happening. No more than it's necessary to accept gravity or germ theory or any other theory corroborated by facts without understanding why and how bicycles work (which we still don't quite know yet).

There have been topical gaps of human knowledge for centuries but those gaps have continually been filled with knowledge. I have a desire for that pattern of critical thinking and problem solving to continue as it has for thousands of years.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 5:08pm

Hm. I've probably heard at least 10 lectures or debates about it in the last year just by casually subscribing to science podcasts and blogs.

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 5:45pm
Just understanding is overrated.
To understand doesn't mean to know, but once you know then you understand.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 5:47pm

we shall see...or not...

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 5:55pm
I desire for us humans to have all the answers so one day all people can shut up and start our own creation.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 6:28pm
“He has a story about how there’s no difference between the water and the wave. There’s no such thing as birth and death because the wave cannot die; it’s all water. Things manifest when the conditions are right, and they don’t manifest when they’re not right. But there are no ends, no beginnings, just continuation.”

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 6:49pm
I don't know if I believe in God, but I def. don't believe in this either.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

lol let them have their proof that's supposed to lead to more proof...

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 6:59pm
I don't think this is a belief system.
Things are every changing as new evidence comes in. 

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Don't believe what exactly? Background cosmic radiation? Waves in timespace as predicted 100 years ago? The conclusion or the evidence itself?

Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 9:12am
Cognitive dissonance at it's finest.

Print Page | Close Window