Print Page | Close Window

Dad cant be in delivery room if mom says no

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369235
Printed Date: Jun 22 2018 at 8:33pm

Topic: Dad cant be in delivery room if mom says no
Posted By: mrshairdo
Subject: Dad cant be in delivery room if mom says no
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:35pm
thoughts? i think this is ridiculous smh

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/03/nj-judge-rules-mothers-can-bar-fathers-delivery-rooms-childbirth/" rel="nofollow -

by  http://www.clutchmagonline.com/author/clutch/" rel="nofollow - Clutch  — Mar 15, 2014

• http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/03/nj-judge-rules-mothers-can-bar-fathers-delivery-rooms-childbirth/?share=facebook&nb=1" rel="nofollow - http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/03/nj-judge-rules-mothers-can-bar-fathers-delivery-rooms-childbirth/?share=twitter&nb=1" rel="nofollow - http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/03/nj-judge-rules-mothers-can-bar-fathers-delivery-rooms-childbirth/?share=google-plus-1&nb=1" rel="nofollow - http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/03/nj-judge-rules-mothers-can-bar-fathers-delivery-rooms-childbirth/?share=pinterest&nb=1" rel="nofollow - http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/03/nj-judge-rules-mothers-can-bar-fathers-delivery-rooms-childbirth/?share=tumblr&nb=1" rel="nofollow - http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/03/nj-judge-rules-mothers-can-bar-fathers-delivery-rooms-childbirth/?share=email&nb=1" rel="nofollow -

Sleeping pregnant woman

This week, a New Jersey judge  http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/03/mom_can_keep_dad_out_of_the_delivery_room_nj_court_rules.html" rel="nofollow - expanded the rights of pregnant women when he ruled that expectant moms have the right to bar the father of their child from the delivery room.

The ruling, which is the first of its kind in the nation, also stipulates that a pregnant woman who is separated or estranged from her child’s father is under no obligation to inform him if she goes into labor.

Citing privacy issues, Passaic County Superior Court Judge Sohail Mohammed ruled, “A father’s interest in the child pre-birth is not equal to the mother’s interests.”

The decision, which was the result of a case litigated last November, read: “The court further finds that it would be an undue burden on the mother to require her to notify the father when she is in labor or require his presence during labor. It would invade her sphere of privacy and provide unwarranted strain on the mother.”

Judge Mohammed’s ruling stemmed from a contentious matter involving http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2014/03/13/fathers_in_the_delivery_room_new_jersey_judge_rules_that_a_mother_can_block.html" rel="nofollow - Rebecca DeLuccia and Steven Plotnick . The former couple entered into a relationship in 2012 and DeLuccia became pregnant in February 2013. DeLuccia and Plotnick later got engaged, but by September they had broken up.  After their split, Plotnick got a lawyer who drafted a letter to DeLuccia. In turn, she obtained her own lawyer, and the former couple traded multiple correspondences about who would sign the child’s  http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/03/nj-judge-rules-mothers-can-bar-fathers-delivery-rooms-childbirth/?doing_wp_cron=1395009398.6494979858398437500000#" rel="nofollow">birth certificate  and be present at the birth.

In November, Plotnick sued his former fiancé, claiming she refused to let him sign the  http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/03/nj-judge-rules-mothers-can-bar-fathers-delivery-rooms-childbirth/?doing_wp_cron=1395009398.6494979858398437500000#" rel="nofollow">birth certificate , tell him when she went into labor, and allow him into the birthing room.  DeLuccia responded, disputing his claims that she wouldn’t allow him to sign the certificate or inform him when she went labor, but requested that her privacy be respected during delivery and that Plotnick remain out of the room.

The judge agreed,  http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/03/mom_can_keep_dad_out_of_the_delivery_room_nj_court_rules.html" rel="nofollow - writing , “Any mother is under immense physical and psychological pain during labor. … The order the father seeks would invade her sphere of privacy and force the mother to provide details of her medical condition to a person she does not desire to share that information with.”

Plotnick’s lawyer, Laura Nunnink, said her client never asked to be in the delivery room, but rather be allowed to see the baby as soon as possible after it was born.

“He wanted to be a very involved father from the instant his child was born,” Nunnink  http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/03/mom_can_keep_dad_out_of_the_delivery_room_nj_court_rules.html" rel="nofollow - told NJ.com . “It was important that he have the right to bond just as the mother would. … It was unfair that he not have that right from the day the child was born.”

Joanna Brick, DeLuccia’s lawyer, said  her client did not want to keep Plotnick away from the newborn and had planned “to provide him access to the child, as a visitor, through normal hospital procedure.” Brick added, “She did what she thought was right, to give birth in a stress-free environment.”

Father’s rights activists have criticized the ruling, arguing it’s a blow to men’s rights.

Bruce Eden of Dads Against Discrimination  http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/03/mom_can_keep_dad_out_of_the_delivery_room_nj_court_rules.html" rel="nofollow - told NJ.com  that the ruling was “another example of New Jersey’s anti-male discrimination in the family courts.”  Eden added: “It takes two to tango, why are they allowing only the mother?”

Despite the ruling, Plotnick will not appeal the judge’s decision because he was able to see the child shortly after it was born.

Replies:
Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:37pm
Hmmm. I see both sides. If his presence is stressful on the mother he shouldn't be there b/c the extra stress is dangerous to the baby during labor.
Buuutttt I think a man has a right to be there for his child's birth.

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:37pm
If I'm bared from the delivery room, I'm not signing the b.c. 

This is beyond outrageous. But this is what happens when you allow the legal system to get involved in such matters. 

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:38pm
If I don't feel comfortable with you in the room, you should leave....Why should I be uncomfortable during the most painful moment of my life?

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:38pm
I agree it is suppose to be a calm environment and if mother doesn't want the father there it must be a reason why.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:39pm
I see why they made the ruling

Praying and hoping the birth of my baby isn't this messy.
Please no

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:40pm
I don't want anyone in the room when I have a baby tbh.
Especially not any men.

Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

This is beyond outrageous. But this is what happens when you allow the legal system to get involved in such matters. 

i agree..
Even though I do understand both sides..
If it has to do with your safety.. ofcourse
Other than that...its his child.. and he should be able to see his child being born..

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:43pm
i don't think a woman should be burdened w/having to call anyone while in labor. the process is already difficult enough. maybe if you weren't trifling throughout the 40 weeks and the time preceding it this wouldn't even arise.

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:43pm
i just think it's selfish, it's not just a woman's baby, she didn't make the baby herself.

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

i just think it's selfish, it's not just a woman's baby, she didn't make the baby herself.

She gone use his lungs and coochie muscles to push it out too or nah?

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

If the mother wants to eventually establish paternity, the courts will help you out on that.LOL

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:48pm
My body my choice

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:50pm
I can see both sides especially if the father was not there during the pregnancy or is on some abusive type ish

Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

My body my choice

foh, have that same mindset when you feel like bringing his ass to court for cp..!
that's not just your child.
once you decide to keep the child your opinion is not the only one that matters.

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

My body my choice

foh, have that same mindset when you feel like bringing his ass to court for cp..!

once you decide to keep the child your opinion is not the only one that matters.

this

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:54pm
I would feel some type of way if someone was like "hey I know he was never there for you while you were pregnant and didn't do sh*t for you, but you HAVE to let him in the delivery room." I wish a niqqa would...

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:56pm
Reason 4323 why not to have any kids. If you don't want me in the labor room than you shouldn't reproduced with me and accepted my hand.

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:58pm
If he *&%^$#@Ein' up the aura in the room he needs to get his ass out.

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 9:58pm

My body my choice

Hellur!

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:01pm
If I don't want you in the room then stay out until you're asked participate

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:05pm
How in the world does he know you're in labour if the two of you are on bad terms?

Dont want him there cool just dont bother to call him.

In the Primary birthing hospital in my country Dads are not allowed (space reasons among others) they get over it

Ruling also says "also stipulates that a pregnant woman who is separated or estranged from her child’s father is under no obligation to inform him if she goes into labor."

Makes sense to me just dont tell that dude you've been admitted 

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i don't think a woman should be burdened w/having to call anyone while in labor. the process is already difficult enough. maybe if you weren't trifling throughout the 40 weeks and the time preceding it this wouldn't even arise.

Kelis didn't let Nas know/let him into the room... aint no way that happened cause he didn't get her pickles and ice cream. Things have to be bad if you don't want the father of your child with you during something like that

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I would feel some type of way if someone was like "hey I know he was never there for you while you were pregnant and didn't do sh*t for you, but you HAVE to let him in the delivery room." I wish a niqqa would...
lol. If a dude has been abusive to me and tries to come in the room while I'm giving birth? Shoot, I don't know that hoe.

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Ladycoils Ladycoils wrote:

If I don't want you in the room then stay out until you're asked participate

lol I always said I was gonna rotate between my mother and future husband... my mother is SO rude. I can hear her telling me to shut up and let them do their job

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:10pm
Some men are best left outside.....My friends BD....has the nerve to tell her...."If you breathe it wouldn't be that bad"...I was like aw shyt

Posted By: juniper angel
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:12pm
Guys stay losing rights when it comes to their kids

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by juniper angel juniper angel wrote:

but chicks be the first in line to sign him up for child support and takin him to court

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:20pm
Child support isnt for me or my body its for the child. Please.

Back in the day the man would be outside with a cigar waiting for the doc. What is dad gonna do for me while giving birth

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:22pm
smh Sandra

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:23pm
Well I mean he don't even know if he's the dad. If she says he not allowed he should take that to mean something.

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:23pm
mommas baby, poppas maybe

Posted By: Findingmyme
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:27pm
If you are on good terms with your husband/child's father I doubt you would deny him entry, I would like to think that you would only deny entrance if you two are not on good terms. I see no problem with that, but like other posters have already posted, just let him know when the baby is here.

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:30pm
he has equal rights after the child is born just subordinate rights while the child is an embryo.  i don't see a problem w/this tbh seeing as she's not endangering the baby, it might be the opposite.

but this is why you really can't procreate with just any damn body.

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:31pm
lol star

ex.its cause she cheated not cause he a raggedy ho?

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:36pm
I support this

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:36pm
In this case I agree with the ruling because they are not together and she wasn't trying to keep him away from the child. But if some women who are married or are in a relationship with the child's father use this ruling to not let the father be in the delivery room - the guy should be aware that the woman just used him as sperm donor.

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 10:38pm
Oh I didn't read the OP lol. Yeah he don't have a right to come in. He can see the kid later. If she don't want him there while her vagina is stretched beyond capacity then that's the end of that.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:01pm
When you get checked in for labor. You are a single individual. When you check out, you are two. It's really not a difficult concept.

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

My body my choice

this

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

When you get checked in for labor. You are a single individual. When you check out, you are two. It's really not a difficult concept.

Its always difficult on BHMLOL

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:22pm
I was on a maternity clinical rotation and some drama pooped off between the mother and baby daddy mother wanting to be there. BD mother was stressing me out with all her damn request and certainly working nerves of mother to be. Her blood pressure kept going up, finally Dr asked everyone to leave the room except the mom to be mother. Strange 10 mins after everyone left the room, mom to be blood pressure stabilized and she relaxed. She told the Dr she only wanted her mom and sister in room when she have birth.   Bd mom was showing her ass about.why she not being allowed to see her grand baby being born. Dr told her she had no right as she is a.grandmother and if she didn't.chill out, he'd have her banned from the floor.

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:24pm
The baby father was away on military.   She didn't even want him if he arrived because their relationship was rocky.

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

I was on a maternity clinical rotation and some drama pooped off between the mother and baby daddy mother wanting to be there. BD mother was stressing me out with all her damn request and certainly working nerves of mother to be. Her blood pressure kept going up, finally Dr asked everyone to leave the room except the mom to be mother. Strange 10 mins after everyone left the room, mom to be blood pressure stabilized and she relaxed. She told the Dr she only wanted her mom and sister in room when she have birth.   Bd mom was showing her ass about.why she not being allowed to see her grand baby being born. Dr told her she had no right as she is a.grandmother and if she didn't.chill out, he'd have her banned from the floor.

People don't understand that this is a difficult experience and the last thing you need is anything stressing or upsetting you....Mr00 momma isn't allowed either....she talks too much and she likes to try to take over....Mr00 already knows this...

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:28pm
People don't realize how dangerous and stressful that sh*t is... both pregnancy and labor

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:30pm
Guuuurl.

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

People don't realize how dangerous and stressful that sh*t is... both pregnancy and labor

What Sandra said

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:31pm
If I could avoid being there my damn self, I would.

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:32pm

Giiiiiiirl.

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:35pm

I left out a whole thesis about babies tryna kill... its too much to deal with, swollen feet and a raggedy baby daddy?

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:36pm

Even my hubby won't be in the room. Nope, just my mom and my sis if she can stand it. He can sit in the waiting room thoughLOL

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:39pm
it's her choice...i didn't know a law was even necessary for people to have this understanding

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:39pm
After my daughter was born, I told the nurses I wanted to rest. Sleep. Fck all them visitors. They can come by the house in a week or so.

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:44pm
Yea I don't want any visitors really.
And don't come by my house either.
Yall can see the baby at the next holiday.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 12:10am
Pro-choice argument says it is

My body my choice

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 12:51am
I agree with the court.  I want my husband to be there, I just really don't want to boo boo.  I want him to see what he did.

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 1:02am

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 1:06am

everytime and its sad really. i hate all this my body my choice. you chose to sleep with him, you also chose to keep the baby. you dont have a choice but to deal with him tbh. Censored your feelings its not about you anymore. its all about that kid.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 1:13am
They needed a ruling for this?

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 1:21am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I agree with the court.  I want my husband to be there, I just really don't want to boo boo.  I want him to see what he did.
What if you shart?Stern SmileLOL

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 1:26am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

What if you shart?Stern SmileLOL

ugggh that would be even worse. DeadDead  there needs to be no sound.  no mexican food or pizza for the whole week of my due date.   you going natural or getting cut?

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 1:30am
Lol

I mean typical mens rights bullsh*t ..

As usual ..

I have a right to be there... Till the child support right?

Men I tell you!

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 1:36am
Hopefully it'll be all natural. My BFF delivered 2 with no meds so I figure I'll give it a go when the time comes.

lol Maybe they'll let me have the bottle a shot of patron during that last few pushes as a early celebration. Lord knows I'll need some pain meds after the fact.Unhappy

Here's to no boo booing or sharts.Beer

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 1:41am
ill be drugged up 
(as usual)

Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 1:47am
How would you expect a woman who is giving birth from her OWN body be forced to have someone she doesn't want in the room? It's a no brainer. Giving birth is when you feel your most vulnerable and you have to trust every single person in there. The baby's life takes prominent and since the woman is the one carrying the baby....

there you go.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 1:49am

Hopefully it'll be all natural. My BFF delivered 2 with no meds so I figure I'll give it a go when the time comes.

lol Maybe they'll let me have the bottle a shot of patron during that last few pushes as a early celebration. Lord knows I'll need some pain meds after the fact.Unhappy

Oooh nooo when I said natural I ONLY meant vaginal birth not med free.  I won't even pretend to be that type of woman.  Cheers to alcohol in the delivery room.  Beer

Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 1:49am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

everytime and its sad really. i hate all this my body my choice. you chose to sleep with him, you also chose to keep the baby. you dont have a choice but to deal with him tbh. Censored your feelings its not about you anymore. its all about that kid.

how basic. Man this place does my head in

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 1:52am
ok.

then when he doesnt want to be around...men aint ish and all that..child support..crap. 

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 1:56am

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 1:59am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

ok.

then when he doesnt want to be around...men aint ish and all that..child support..crap. 

What does that have to do with him raising your blood pressure in the delivery room and putting you and the child in danger?

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 2:05am
Being in the delivery room is nothing but sentimentality...his presence adds no value to the child.  He's not birthing or delivering the baby...why does another person have the right to be in the room during your medical prodecure?  Right to privacy.  He has equal rights once the baby is born.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 2:10am
^^^^
pretty much…

however.. me personally.. if were together.. i dont think id deny him the chance to be present for the birth of his child. 

is he supposed to just run in after to cut the umbilical? or he doesnt get to be a part of that either? 

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 2:16am
I said I'd give it a try. If the going gets too tough I'm mainlining some drugs straight into my spine.LOL

I'll sneak you in some jello shots to get you loose Wonderland.

Oooh nooo when I said natural I ONLY meant vaginal birth not med free.  I won't even pretend to be that type of woman.  Cheers to alcohol in the delivery room.  Beer

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 3:16am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I don't want anyone in the room when I have a baby tbh.
Especially not any men.

If I don't feel comfortable with you in the room, you should leave....Why should I be uncomfortable during the most painful moment of my life?

These! WTF I'm not understanding why anyone would think it's even an option to have someone in the room aside from medical staff that the mother doesn't want in there Confused.

That thing is ripping through HER vagina while she's screaming, upset, possibly sh*tting on it's head, in terrible pain....and he gets to watch despite her saying no? Umm no. It's cute that he wants to be there and all.. but gtfo if she says no

Do doctors generally let him stay in if she says no? Ok let me go read this thread. *siiiigghhh*

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 3:33am
P.S. If his dumb bitch ass decides he doesn't want to be in the child's life and pay child support because I didn't want him in the delivery room..then he was a crazy bitch from the start and I would think he should never be around a child ever in life anyway.

go sit in the waiting room and cuss the mama/your wife out later. It's not that serious to decide not to raise the kid.

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 6:05am

this is so dumb.....things like this shouldn't be made a rule.... it's up to the couple....no one should judge a woman and call them selfish for not wanting the man in the delivery room it's none of your damn business. 

jmo

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 6:16am
I think the mother should be able to bar anyone from being in the delivery room.

It sounds ridiculous but christ, childbirth isn't some small occurrence where the presence of someone doesn't matter. You're bringing a human into the world and it's extremely painful and stressful.

I say if you don't want someone there, they shouldn't be there. Why have someone you clearly don't want there stressing you out further with their presence?

I don't think this law should only pinpoint fathers. I think the law should allow birthing mothers to bar anyone they please other than medical staff from the room.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 6:24am

As someone who was once a baby, I can tell you it would be GOAT if dad was in there.

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 6:52am
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

it's her choice...i didn't know a law was even necessary for people to have this understanding

that's the crazy part for me.
i don't need a law to tell me this. if I tell your ass you're not coming in, you're not coming in and that's it.
but since the law is here i support it 100%.

Posted By: gemini1591
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 6:59am
If a man decides he wont pay child support or be around if he cant be in the delivery room then he wasnt much of a man to begin with. Taking it out on the child because the mom hurt your feelings by banning you is stupid. And who says its just baby mammas banning baby daddies from the room. What happens if a wife decides she doesnt want her husband there. Is it now ok for him to not be there for his child once its born?

Posted By: PrincessSher
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 7:26am
Shoot I told my hubby to get the heck out when I was in HARD labor with my first son and the Censoredepidural wouldn't take the 3 times they gave it to me and he was telling me to calm down when my blood pressure kept going up!! He did take a break with no hard feelings and came back after an hour after my bp stabilizedSmile I was happy when he held my hand through the c-section I ended up getting thoughLOL

All this to say it's strictly a woman's choice who she wants in the delivery room

Posted By: Bekah
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 8:10am
F*ck that.. My daughter's father and I were separated for most of my pregnancy, I didn't want him there either. Especially during my last check up, he came along and my blood pressure ended up skyrocketing... As soon as he left, it went back to normal. It was a hard decision but I decided I'd do better in labor without him there. No regrets

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 8:25am
being in the delivery is severely overrated imo...not the baby coming out part but all the foolery that typically leads up to it...

i see this as an issue for estranged dads to be for the most part...

as far as notifying the dad that the delivery is progress, i fiind it hard to believe any rationally minded woman would not inform the dad (even if estranged) unless of course he has acted like a complete and utter azz thru out the preg and is only demanding to be notified as some sort of technicality...i am sure there are a few exception but generally speaking...i don't see where this is problem...

if an estranged dad  to be is notified and actually decides shows up...he can wait in the waiting room with everyone else....

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 8:38am
congratulations

That's true, loveshim, it doesnt have to be that way but that's not everybody's experience... if my nurse is acting up, he/she gotta go too

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 8:42am
Congrats

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 8:45am
All that yelling and screaming is usually really extra anyway, people always want to involve the courts in mess they created. 

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 8:49am
Originally posted by gemini1591 gemini1591 wrote:

If a man decides he wont pay child support or be around if he cant be in the delivery room then he wasnt much of a man to begin with. Taking it out on the child because the mom hurt your feelings by banning you is stupid. And who says its just baby mammas banning baby daddies from the room. What happens if a wife decides she doesnt want her husband there. Is it now ok for him to not be there for his child once its born?

This. Hell, if the mama don't want pops in the room while she's giving birth then she just doesn't. I could see not wanting to take care of the baby if the mama said the dad couldn't come to the hospital to see the baby period but not over not being able to be in the room while the baby is in the room. And lets face it, some men probably don't want to be in the room in the first place.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 8:52am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

As someone who was once a baby, I can tell you it would be GOAT if dad was in there.

Feelings? I remember coming out of the womb, but I always already conscious pre-birth.

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 8:56am

thats what im wondering?
he's the father, but its not his body going through the trauma. the mother's needs/desires come first. I dont understand why any man would quibble over this.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 8:58am
Check the IC and their thoughts on it.

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Ruling also says "also stipulates that a pregnant woman who is separated or estranged from her child’s father is under no obligation to inform him if she goes into labor."

sounds about right to me....

Youre such a nutbasketLOL

Mr00 talking about you know my momma ton be mad....she ton be like her mom is in there.....I looked as him like yeah MY momma.....my....my...my....my......

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

sounds about right to me....

Youre such a nutbasketLOL

I have great intense memory when I was pre-born to 5 years old. Sleepy

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 9:01am
^^whaa? @ 00

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 9:04am

I have great intense memory when I was pre-born to 5 years old. Sleepy

do tell

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 9:14am

I could remember coming and screaming and the pain of it all. Ugh....

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 9:27am

I could remember coming and screaming and the pain of it all. Ugh....

too easy

LOL

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

^^whaa? @ 00

I told him she cant be in the room.....LOL

Talking about but her mom is in there....yeah no shyt...

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 9:57am
Every man dont need to see childbirth, sometime they dont never look at the pum pum the same Cry.  

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 9:58am
when my gurl had her baby last year, it was like 5 of us in there...like we were at the club...Dead

Print Page | Close Window