Print Page | Close Window

Ladies what do you do with hair products.....

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369222
Printed Date: Dec 12 2017 at 4:33pm

Topic: Ladies what do you do with hair products.....
Posted By: sugabanana
Subject: Ladies what do you do with hair products.....
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 2:33pm
Ladies what do you guys do with hair products that don't work for your hair? I bought all these Miss Jessies products and they don't work for my hair at all. I used like 2 fingers worth and the isssh is expensive. I got a whole bunch of eco styler gels and a bunch of crap that doesn't work. What do you guys do with the stuff? I just spent $50 on Camille Rose products. 1 leave in conditioner and 1 deep conditioner. Natural products are freaking expensive.Confused

Anyone wanna swap 4 jars 90% full of Miss Jessies:
Stretch Silkening
Baby Buttercreme
Curly Pudding 
Curly Meringue
and Iĺl add
Kinky Curly Curling Custard 85% full.

All I want is a foundation brush or a dual fiber stipling brush. I'm not picky.. Suga just wants a smooth application. Hell just gimme your addy let me mail this shyyyt to you.

HINT HINT K-FOXX******

Replies:
Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 2:37pm
Aww Bana, no idea cause I usually will only buy hair products online AFTER I have tried them already and know they work for me. I bought some Carol Daughter stuff didnt like some of it and marched it right back to Macy's.

Sell it on Ebay if you have the patience. 

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 2:39pm
Thing is I don't really want to sell it. Id rather give it to someone that normally uses this stuff or it works for their hair. lies, coco, natural twist out ladies where yall at? 

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 2:40pm
trade it with bhm members Stern SmileLOL

mix it with other oils and ish to make it better

I trash it. I hate clutter 

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 2:49pm
There is a website that you can sell/trade partially used natural/black hair products on. I can't remember the name but it started back when everyone was new to being natural and buying a ton of different products.

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 3:06pm
Give it to my mother or use it on my weave. I've been using HE HH for a couple years on my weave... tried it on my hair and my scalp was itchy... Back to using it on my weave. I may not rebuy

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 3:19pm
Not Miss Jessie's snake oil.Cry

You better find some Black women in your neighborhood, school, job, hair/nail salon, family and give these products out. You have a fb page? Advertise and give it away. They don't need to be natural to use some of these products.Thumbs Up

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 3:22pm
i dont buy expensive products but when something doesnt work for its intended purpose i just mix it with other stuff and turn into something else.  so far i have yet to throw out a product without finishing it up.

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 3:25pm
next time get the sample

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 3:38pm
i used to forget to trash them and months later i reuse & remember why i hated them in the first place...KCCC, Cantu shea butter leave in, aveda curling creme...but now a lot of my friends are natural so i give them away

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 3:56pm
As far as I know Miss Jessie's is overpriced and uses cheap ingredients and was formulated by and for mixed people. Thus I've never tried it but I think most products that don't work for you in one way can be repurposed to use in another way. 

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 4:03pm
Girl so far Camille Rose is living up to its name. The leave in was $18 but my hair is soft. Damn you Camille Rose but bless your heart for using Vegan products. Its seems to work so far. My hair doesn't like meatLOL.

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 4:06pm
OK I just got a PM that someone wants the stuff for her Daughter. Not bad for $6. I also have that dumb cantu shea butter...I don't think its for me either.

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 4:08pm
I have some all natural lavender chamomile leave-in conditioner that I'm not too fond of. I don't wanna trash it thoughUnhappy

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 4:18pm
I usually use it for my wigs/weaves or try it on my daughter. If its conditioner i will use it to shave my legs..lol...*dont judge*

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 4:20pm
Suga is she taking all of the products?

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 4:26pm
all of the products for $6? 

if you want that brush you could charge her $20 at least. 

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:00pm
The Argan Shampoo and Condish is brand new. I used 1 pump and ummmm nope. No parabens though. That ION stuff at the top is a protein treatment for damaged hair.
http://s929.photobucket.com/user/adorablelacewigs2010/media/20140316_175055_zpsb2460e53.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:08pm
Suga if you have the receipt you can take the miss jessie's back depending on the store.

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:09pm
ive been wanting to try eco styler for my edges i think 

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:10pm
dibs been called?

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:11pm
$6 for >$100 worth of products?...lookit Suga i have a bridge i wanna sell you LOL

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

$6 for >$100 worth of products?...lookit Suga i have a bridge i wanna sell you LOL
LOLLOLLOL

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:14pm
i usually give away to my friends. 

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

Its hard to sell product that was opened. The $6 is for shipping. All I wanted was a foundation brush or stipling brushCry. I know I will never use this stuff cos it doesn't work for my hair. The argan stuff I bought from Marshalls and I'm sure the receipt is long gone. I wanted to start this thread to see if we can swap stuff. Maybe it will work for someone elses hair. 

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:19pm
i mean if you came in here to do a giveaway i understand.. but you want that brush. 

get you a sigma or mac 

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:20pm
it is a give away. Just pay for shipping which is $6.  Gimme something you already have in the house. COCO gimme your daggone BRUSH.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:24pm
Suga, BHM done been told you MJs products were garbage.Stern Smile

lol Get you those brushes and never buy that overpriced stuff again!

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:25pm
i would trade you a brush for that stuff but i dont have the goods like kfoxx and them.. 

i have unused sonia brushes and elf.. 
and a few bare minerals and eco tools and mac but those id have to search for 

anything else you want..? 

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:25pm
I mixed with stuff, for example, I felt that this hair cream that was supposed to be hydrating did nothing to my hair, so I whipped it with castor oil and some other oils, and used it as a conditioner. It worked much, much better.

You could go to the member to member forum where people sell/exchange stuff, and see if someone is interested.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:35pm
Me no like to try new products.
Gimme a random ass shampoo, some conditioner with nice slip and some coconut oil and that's all I need.

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:50pm
i wont try anything expensive unless it was given to me...any products i dont like i usually give away since im not missing out on too much money

i need to go to cvs and see if there's a sale on shea moisture stuff...my hair is so dirty

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

i usually give away to my friends. 

this or trash

I liked CP, Meringue, and buttercreme though on weave hair. But I have plenty LOL too much probably.

eta: I haven't bought any in years thoughLOL, so I don't know if recipe has changed since then. 

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 6:03pm
I use on my own hair sometime, but it's not my favorite for my own hair.

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i would trade you a brush for that stuff but i dont have the goods like kfoxx and them.. 

i have unused sonia brushes and elf.. 
and a few bare minerals and eco tools and mac but those id have to search for 

anything else you want..? 

Nope no maám a good foundation and or stipling brush and I'm your bit**.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 6:41pm
So it's not a giveaway just a trade? I don't have any fancy brushes, I'd rather just buy it from you. One of my good friends loves MJ products.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 7:18pm
Bana Hautelook had some great brushes for the low the other day, Im not sure if that even is over though.

Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 7:34pm
Sugabanana lemme take the kinky curly curling custard off ya hands!

Date Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 8:14pm
Everything SOLD to the lucky ladies with the brand new stipling brush. Iĺl pack all the other crap I cant use also.

Print Page | Close Window