Print Page | Close Window

Visiting Jamaica Soon? Ask a Question

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=369082
Printed Date: Nov 21 2017 at 8:12pm

Topic: Visiting Jamaica Soon? Ask a Question
Posted By: Diane (35)
Subject: Visiting Jamaica Soon? Ask a Question
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 12:40pm
Sumfest, ATI, Jazz and Blues, Carnival, Sting, Calabash, Re e Salute, Tun Up Tuesdays, Professional Conference, Wedding? Ask and I'll answer. Especially Kingston and Negril.

Where to stay? How to get around? Should i rent a car and drive? 
How's the weed? My money or Jamaican? What should i carry?
How is the night life? will i be able to access BHM? What colour is Vybz Kartel now? 
What is there to do in Kingston?
Was that a stray goat?
Can i hook up with Usain or Asafa? Can i drink the water? What is bowing?
Is there McDonald's or Starbucks? How hot is it? Will my cellphone work? 
How much should i pay for xyz craft item?
If i order fish will it come with the head on? What is Blue Lagoon? 
Is it okay to wear_____? How are the locals? How are the men?
How fit do i have to be to wear a bikini on the beach? 
Do i need a passport?
What language do you speak?
If i fall in love with a rent-a-dread and decide to stay how long will it take my locs to grow? Do you really have to dread to be a rasta?
What are Bridgette Sandals and why should i not leave without a pair?

Replies:
Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

If i fall in love with a rent-a-dread and decide to stay how long will it take my locs to grow? Do you really have to dread to be a rasta?

I hollered loudly at work.LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLDeadCryLOL

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:03pm
"will i be able to access BHM? What colour is Vybz Kartel now? " LOLLOLLOLLOL

It kills me when people think they're insulting me by saying they didn't know that I can access the Internet from here. They have no idea how stupid they look.

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:06pm
Lmaooooooo

Hi YG! heading to Bcchanal Friday? I havent heard that one since high school?

Posted By: afrokock
book marked on all devices

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:07pm
What is calabash?

Is kingston really dangerous

Posted By: Cocoa
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:07pm

Sumfest, ATI, Jazz and Blues, Carnival, Sting, Calabash, Re e Salute, Tun Up Tuesdays, Professional Conference, Wedding? Ask and I'll answer. Especially Kingston and Negril.

How is the night life? will i be able to access BHM? What colour is Vybz Kartel now? 
Was that a stray goat?
Do i need a passport?

LOLLOLLOLLOLThanks Diane, id like to know the bolded

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:09pm

will a usa thug be accepted by ja thugs? or will the beef be on?

i'm supposedly going to meet with my damn father...but i'm not counting on it...i'm just going to act a fool for a week in may. do you have fried chicken in jamaica?

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:10pm
where can i go to get daggered safely and will you come with me :)

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:14pm
Bridget Sandals

Jamaica Day 4: Bridget Sandals   Kingston

WANT!!!!!!! I already have it in gold

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:15pm
YG i put the Bridgette in there cause I KNEW you'd answer.

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:15pm

Hi YG! heading to Bcchanal Friday? I havent heard that one since high school?

I saw pictures of the first one and felt old so I dunno. 

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:17pm
jamaican men seem like they would be savage beasts in the bedroom 

Posted By: PrincessSher
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

Bridget Sandals

WANT!!!!!!! I already have it in gold
I have to get me a couple of pairs of these!! I will be there (Kingston) mid-July. Caan wait!!!LOL

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

It's not that serious. Every man is different. Don't use videos of dancehall savages to judge them all.

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Cocoa Cocoa wrote:

Was that a stray goat?
Do i need a passport?

Girl it's good. So i hear, i have a big time weed head bredrin. Whenever I link him up with my other friends their more than pleased. I've NEVER smoked. YUCKKK If you're in the tourist resorts you will pay more you can get $0.25-$50 USD worth of weed. It is illegal to carry more than a spliff's worth of weed. Will you be locked up, probably not. Whether in the resort towns or in Kingston.

Locals are quite nice and friendly. Worse when you drop your ________ accent. How they will light up. Jamaicans love love farin (foreign) people. They are helpful BUT will turn aggressive if disrespected.

"Kingston" or "town" refers to two neighbouring parishes (states) together St. Andrew and Kingston. I live in St. Andrew and rarely need to venture into Kingston, most of the activity takes place in St. Andrew. Kingston proper does have many depressed inner city communities that you wouldn't need to visit BUT it is the birth place of Re e and you may want to visit Trench Town there are official tours of trench town so quite fine. Also there is the Coronation Market, Ward Theatre, the Kingston Waterfront and Harbour, Port Royal (pirates of the Caribbean, the sunken city, excellent fish, the giddy House, the English fort with cannons still intact). St. Andrew has the mountains, Devon House (Best ice cream place in the world)- a former plantation, University of the West Indies another former plantation, all the restaurants and night clubs and Bob Marleys former home and museum

No need for fitness at all. Jamaican women do not GAFLOL Jamaican men are not afraid of belly or back rolls TRUST ME. Wear your bikini all you want. No one will judge you.

The men will give you the "d" just say the word. They are aggressive when catcalling and can get quite nasty, In the resort towns beware of those looking for some one to "mind" them (take care of, play suga mommy) and "papers". I'm not saying you cant find love with the rent-a-dread/bald heads but be cautious. Let him now you are not about that mind life but that grind life. Do not go off with him, it is better to take him back to your room or even rent another room for a few hours, or have sex on the beach.

Bowing = bowing down before a woman to eat her. Jamaican men say they do not do it LIESSS request it up front. If he claims he doesn't do it find someone else. 

I'll post a pic of Vybz Kartel soon looking real stressed.

LOLLOLLOLLOLThanks Diane, id like to know the bolded

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:43pm

It's not that serious. Every man is different. Don't use videos of dancehall savages to judge them all.

ive seen maybe 2 dancehall videos in my lifeā€¦

i wasnt saying all men are the same.   

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:44pm
rent a dread

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:46pm

Oh cokes that's what they'd love you to believe. And they do love to repeat that stereotype. Big hood, stamina daddy, bedroom bully, long distance stulla, worker man. Forever drinking "strong back roots" and proclaiming how they're awesome, yet still the ladies sing a different tune. Honestly some do uhmmmm go hard in the paintEmbarrassed If all of them (Joe Minds- the official BF) were awesome then we wouldnt have so many "Joe Grinds" (the Jumpoff) around. But at the same time Chicks losing their minds/and money over the peen in the resort towns so should be some truth to it.

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:47pm
how do you keep these on? is it the ankle strap?
these would be so cute for my cruise

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:48pm
jamaican men are the best coco Evil Smile  find yourself one (authentic not watered down)  

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

i'm supposedly going to meet with my damn father...but i'm not counting on it...i'm just going to act a fool for a week in may. do you have fried chicken in Jamaica?

When you say daggered do you mean? Dancing or actual sex? Yes If you're in Kingston i will come.

Acceptance but will be wary, like who dis new negro dude all up in my grille? Is it the FEDs? I'm not trying to have them lock me up like Buju.

Chicken fry everywhere every day cripsy crispy from $0.50 - $6USD. If i carry you to the hood we can eat fried chicken backConfused, which was delicious and certainly an eye opener for me

May you would have just missed Carnival. Public ratchetry in broad daylightDead you can get daggered by 3 dudes five girls and possibly a goat when its Carnival time

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 1:57pm

The men will give you the "d" just say the word. They are aggressive when catcalling and can get quite nasty, In the resort towns beware of those looking for some one to "mind" them (take care of, play suga mommy) and "papers". I'm not saying you cant find love with the rent-a-dread/bald heads but be cautious. Let him now you are not about that mind life but that grind life. Do not go off with him, it is better to take him back to your room or even rent another room for a few hours, or have sex on the beach.

Bowing = bowing down before a woman to eat her. Jamaican men say they do not do it LIESSS request it up front. If he claims he doesn't do it find someone else. 

**Dead**

Im not there for all that.....but good to knowLOLLOL

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:04pm
All my YT co-workers love Jamaica and I see why.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:04pm
I was gonna if they eat the box.....LOL

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

What is calabash?

Is kingston really dangerous

Calabash is a literary festival held once a year in St. Elizabeth on the black sand beachesCry
But a calabash is a dried gourd you can store water in, used to be done in slavery, ancient times, the country people still use them.

Kingston, I wouldnt recommend you go to the dangerous parts. But everywhere else is safe but of course be sensible, keep your wits about you and you will be fine. Just like you would in any foreign country.

Sandy there's levels to eating box. From a King Freak (licks the ass) EVERYONE KNOWS- Nyamma Man (every body knows he does it but only the box)- Sh bowing (pretending not to do it but actually does) -licking it- kissing it- honestly never did it in his life.

Cocoa it all depends on the setup of your accomodations. If you are at an All inclusive you'd have to pay to get him in to your room, If you're at an bed and breakfast most likely you can just bring him to your room. But You dont wanna give out your room number to the first thirsty dude so i say if the sparks are there rent another room. head to the beach, even the bar of your small hotel. (i've seen it all)

I mean request it up front while making plans for sexing, not the first thing you say to old dude. If he isnt into it he will curse you but not too bad cause you're from "farin" and into such lewd acts LOL

Yes the men at your resort are selling/offering penis (i want someone to tell me otherwise) esp the entertainment coordinators). 

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:19pm
LMAO, i mean,  no 'groove back' peen for me AT ALL! LOL
Ill admire from a distance lol

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:21pm
ohhhh okay. You sure you dont want to find out why the island is named the land of Wood and water? lmao

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:24pm
his feet are whiteeee

HauteS yes its an ankle strap.

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:25pm
My best advice, stay on the resort, don't exchange or give out your phone number.  Remember this saying, desperate people do desperate things.  People trying to have a better life will say anything sweet to latch on to an american woman to get back to the states.  Seen it happen 1000 times. 

Have a good time, hold your purse, don't bring anyone back to your room, stay on the resort and don't wonder off alone.  A coworker of mine was raped many many years ago, not that this will happen to YOU...but  don't take anything for granted, be alert.

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:29pm

i'm supposedly going to meet with my damn father...but i'm not counting on it...i'm just going to act a fool for a week in may. do you have fried chicken in Jamaica?

When you say daggered do you mean? Dancing or actual sex? Yes If you're in Kingston i will come.

Acceptance but will be wary, like who dis new negro dude all up in my grille? Is it the FEDs? I'm not trying to have them lock me up like Buju.

Chicken fry everywhere every day cripsy crispy from $0.50 - $6USD. If i carry you to the hood we can eat fried chicken backConfused, which was delicious and certainly an eye opener for me

May you would have just missed Carnival. Public ratchetry in broad daylightDead you can get daggered by 3 dudes five girls and possibly a goat when its Carnival time

I mean dancing LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

I don't roll like that...especially no goat dagger LMAO wooooooooiiiii mi belly

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

My best advice, stay on the resort, don't exchange or give out your phone number.  Remember this saying, desperate people do desperate things.  People trying to have a better life will say anything sweet to latch on to an american woman to get back to the states.  Seen it happen 1000 times. 

Have a good time, hold your purse, don't bring anyone back to your room, stay on the resort and don't wonder off alone.  A coworker of mine was raped many many years ago, not that this will happen to YOU...but  don't take anything for granted, be alert.

Please do not stay on the resort, you can give out your number BUT let this be a local number. Come with an inexpensive GSM unlocked phone and buy a Digicel (one of 2 local cell phone service providers ) SIM card with a local number and use that instead of your regular cell phone. way cheaper coverage everywhere, minutes available all over. 

Everything else I agree with. Sorry to hear about your coworker's experienceCryCryCry

ETA AmilaC anywhere music is playing some dry foot dude will dagger you. CryLOL but you can get daggered in the club, at the street dance at a session, Daggering is free.

Posted By: Qualified
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:35pm
Lol, Diane, you are a trip. I shouldve looked you up when i got there. My first few days got off to a bumpy start. I stayed at the Spanish Court for a little over a week a couple of weeks ago... had a good time. Would have loved to be closer to some water, although I went hellshire damn near everyday. I've always gone to other parts of the island so Kingston was an experience. I was in Marvely and Drews line (I think I spelled that right) definitely an interesting evening lol. Met a nice man named Rohan at the hotel (yesss), and my good guy friend was there visiting home for a funeral so I was able to skirt around Kingston and take it all in. I was there to watch my dumb ass exfriend marry this guy she met a few weeks back- barely knew his crazy ass. But that did not take anything away from my trip. I'd be willing to come back without her crazy ass in tow.

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:39pm
Big smileI liokeeeeeeee this thread

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:41pm

Qualified where you been girl? Merciful you touch Jamaica and i never get to steal two curly LFs?

Maverly and Drewsland Oh you rolling like that inna de garrison. Tell me more about this evening was there a dance?. I went to Maverly once and i was given stew peas with chicken foot not beef or pigstail but chicken foot Another eye opener I never forgot it. I asked for a little bit cause I dont eat from people and was given so much food, when i looked at everybody's regular plate is was 2X as much. Can you "one drop"

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Qualified Qualified wrote:

Lol, Diane, you are a trip. I shouldve looked you up when i got there. My first few days got off to a bumpy start. I stayed at the Spanish Court for a little over a week a couple of weeks ago... had a good time. Would have loved to be closer to some water, although I went hellshire damn near everyday. I've always gone to other parts of the island so Kingston was an experience. I was in Marvely and Drews line (I think I spelled that right) definitely an interesting evening lol. Met a nice man named Rohan at the hotel (yesss), and my good guy friend was there visiting home for a funeral so I was able to skirt around Kingston and take it all in. I was there to watch my dumb ass exfriend marry this guy she met a few weeks back- barely knew his crazy ass. But that did not take anything away from my trip. I'd be willing to come back without her crazy ass in tow.
And come to think u were only  an hour from Ocho Rios. When u are able to experience outside tourist areas with good guidance...its a treat

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Qualified Qualified wrote:

Marverley and Drews Land LOL Proper ghetto neighbourhoods. I drive past there everyday.

Posted By: Eden.
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:48pm
lmaooooo

only question i have is why does nht take so long to process payments.
they have money to call down my contacts phone but not to update their dusty website smh

Posted By: sweetskul
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:48pm
mi did waan come dung fi dream weekend,ati but all the decent hotel dem book out mi vex

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:49pm
Hellshire Beach please tell them about the fish and festival and lobster woiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

YG ive never been to Bacchanal i despise soca and you know it.

Everytime i drive past maverly i think i wonder if the man with the stew peas/chicken foot is still practising - he was a dentist.

See it deh we have both qualified and sunshine and me warning you about these sweet mouth fools who only want them papers and to dickmatize you. DO NOT PAY FOR PENIS or fall in love with the rent a dread!! Please.

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:49pm
is dream weekend all its cracked up to be..i just want to party and drink not all the extra i hear be going on 

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Eden. Eden. wrote:

lmaooooo

only question i have is why does nht take so long to process payments.
they have money to call down my contacts phone but not to update their dusty website smh

Uhmmm it's govt, work you honestly expect people to do work and them work for govt? Worse the govt of Jamaica? you tried it.LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL But TBH my peeps ish come through pretty quick when they submit online for refunds

Sweetskul it was it really was but alas im too old for that now. so i cant tell. Lord i remember the traffic, walking on that 7 mile road cause the shuttles too packed to carry anymoreCryLOLLOLLOL paying 8X the amount for a bottle of water, when light gone and water gone, burger king run out of fodd, atm run out of money, the randoms boys who always want to kotch with someone's room and the girls too LMBAO

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by sweetskul sweetskul wrote:

mi did waan come dung fi dream weekend,ati but all the decent hotel dem book out mi vex

Dat haffi book several months in advance. Hush dear.

is dream weekend all its cracked up to be..i just want to party and drink not all the extra i hear be going on 

I'm pretty much over that type of thing but back in the day it was really good fun. 

If you're a young'n you'll like it. Grown-ups tend to prefer SPF weekend http://www.spfweekend.com/welcome/%20" rel="nofollow - http://www.spfweekend.com/welcome/ in Ochi which is held at the same time as Dream Weekend/ATI.  I may find my way there next year, depending.

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:58pm
is dunns river thing still there in ochos rios? 

id recommend climbing that.. it was cool and fun 

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:59pm
how long will it take me to pick up patois? mind you i been living in brooklyn my whole life so i have a basic understanding, im tryna be fluent or at least be able to cuss somebody up and down the street

and i'm tired of jamaicans having game night and always wanting to play taboo...and the first thing outta there mouths is "yuh know how in Jamaica" and then start speaking patois so only jamaicans can play...when i get back im gonna kill taboo

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 2:59pm
lol mi hear bout spf but mi nuh have da type a money deh lol 
i haven't set foot on that island in over 13 years its gonna feel so weird going back and seeing everybody..im kinda nervous 

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:01pm

The waterfall? Well, where would it go!? ConfusedConfused

I went last summer, it was good fun.

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:04pm
What if I'm in a resort town and need to get to Kingston for a few days? No need to rent a car. Excellent service. The bus will Not stop anywhere but for a bathroom break at its designated pit stop and will take you to the Knutsford Express Office, where you will have to catch a cab to your accomodations

http://www.knutsfordexpress.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.knutsfordexpress.com/

Yes cokes it is still there should be about $10-$12 USD entry. Dunns River Falls is good but try to visit on a day when there are NO cruise ships in the port.

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:06pm
whats the female equivalent of a rent-a-dread?

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:06pm

lol mi hear bout spf but mi nuh have da type a money deh lol 
i haven't set foot on that island in over 13 years its gonna feel so weird going back and seeing everybody..im kinda nervous 

The money nuh really different fi ATI though. SPF is set up for the well-heeled and non-suffering LOLLOL

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:07pm

how long will it take me to pick up patois? mind you i been living in brooklyn my whole life so i have a basic understanding, im tryna be fluent or at least be able to cuss somebody up and down the street

and i'm tired of jamaicans having game night and always wanting to play taboo...and the first thing outta there mouths is "yuh know how in Jamaica" and then start speaking patois so only jamaicans can play...when i get back im gonna kill taboo

i HOLLARED! wicked yardies. I'd say 2 months of full immersion. But you can use youtube to help you practice from nowWink

Well helled and not suffering YASSSSSSSSS too much old nayga and the masses flock ATI and water down the ting with them ratchetryDead UPTOWN!

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:07pm
Knutsford court buses are fancy...saw one at the jerk center in Ochi in december

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

LOL Ummm a prostitute. Scotch Bonnet is the most famous of Negril's prossies, her lady bits have been the subject of many jokes etc. She lives in europe with her hubby and kids now. Never met her, daddy's client (he's a lawyer)

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:11pm

The waterfall? Well, where would it go!? ConfusedConfused

I went last summer, it was good fun.

Sleepy
i meant is it still an attraction.. like do ppl still pay to climb it and stuff.. 
its probably been like 10 years since ive been there.. shiit changes
someone could have easily fallen and died and they closed it.   

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:12pm
Yes cokes it's still there it hasnt closed. Ive never climbed it though. Just stayed under the water leating it beat my body

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:13pm

LOL Ummm a prostitute. Scotch Bonnet is the most famous of Negril's prossies, her lady bits have been the subject of many jokes etc. She lives in europe with her hubby and kids now. Never met her, daddy's client (he's a lawyer)

id never buy women abroad,

i have a strong fear of getting robbed

my homies in dallas once took me to a strip club and it was a all you wanna buy joint.. i declined .. 1. i was in a serious relationship at the time 2.. she looked like the type that would stab me if i came too quick.. even for a prossie

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:18pm
LOL afro i hear you. Dallas possies scary. IF you are staying in Negril prossies will be there on the beach at night/evening. They will solicit. But you prob. wouldnt have to buy if you are so inclined, girls looking for the come up not even greenbacks but the Sterlingssss?! Daawwg they'd be on you like YT on rice.

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:19pm

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:20pm
Diane have u ever been to YS Falls?

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:21pm
No but Reich/Reach Falls is my place.

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:28pm

Reach Falls is nice...but trust me YS got it beat. Veryyyyyyy niceeeeeeee.

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:30pm
br if i ever tell you fren when me and the bf supposed to defile reach falls you would ask if I'm crazy? I love the fact that it is never packed and sometimes you have it to yourself. We changed to Frenchmans cove and supm always coming up.

I need a Joe Grind

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:37pm
LOLYS falls have exclusive pools made with the river water....they are lil areas sectioned off. They have zip lining. Gurlllll I lovedddd it.
Diane...u Doan need a Bunna man!!!!!

Posted By: bigsexylisa
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 3:42pm
I really do have questions:

One of my friends is getting married at Sandals in Negril in May.  They want $1557 for three nights--and I refuse.  This wedding was sort of last minute, and it's not really a vacay I "planned" to take.  I heard Negril was more quiet and laid back, so I think I would rather stay somewhere in Montego Bay, and then just go over for the wedding on Saturday and come back.  So:

Other than the shuttle from the airport, is there a shuttle that goes back and forth between Negril and Montego Bay?  

Or should I just stay somewhere in Negril?  

Is there anywhere "fun" to stay in Negril?

This is going to be a quick trip for me--I'm not going to relax, I'm just going for the wedding and a lil Jamaican themed fun.  

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 4:03pm
Lisa Sandals while very pricey is worth TBH but out of my budget unless its daddy or mommy paying. Yes you can get the Knutsford Express from Negril to Mobay and back but this is not free.

When you saw Jamaican themed fun what do you mean? Dance drink swim maybe some herb? If so stay in Negril. Montego Bay Hip Strip is a shadow of what it used to be, sadly. 

Negril is 7-miles of beach that you can walk end-to-end PLUS the cliffs around the road. You can stop at the NON- All inclusive hotels and eat and drink at their bars, some have live entertainment on the weekends. There is The Jungle nightclub across the road.

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

LOLYS falls have exclusive pools made with the river water....they are lil areas sectioned off. They have zip lining. Gurlllll I lovedddd it.

I doooooooooooooo BF ah ramp now man. Okay im busy too but damn it Im a water sign i want to do bad things in the waterCry PLUS i just realised another bloke is gifted orally and i haven't seen him since he's been back from studying abroad, i just want to say hiCry

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 4:13pm
diane, last night when i asked about your age i went to bed shortly after.. but i just looked at your profile.. is that your real age? Shocked

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 4:15pm

I doooooooooooooo BF ah ramp now man. Okay im busy too but damn it Im a water sign i want to do bad things in the waterCry PLUS i just realised another bloke is gifted orally and i haven't seen him since he's been back from studying abroad, i just want to say hiCry
Soun like unnuh need fi have a talk

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 4:21pm

diane, last night when i asked about your age i went to bed shortly after.. but i just looked at your profile.. is that your real age? Shocked

Coco she already answered this. She said the 35 is the medical experiment drug they give to thieves on Rikers Island. Its called Diane-35. It makes you Swole when you count up to 35.

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 4:21pm
Brja Im being nice, im not calling Eaton

No cokes Heavens no im in my twenties LOL the Diane 35 = 

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 4:23pm
Suga noooooooooo. lmao

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 4:24pm
oh okay.. 
i thought you were oldish.. then i was thrown off by your profile. 

good. 

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Coco she already answered this. She said the 35 is the medical experiment drug they give to thieves on Rikers Island. Its called Diane-35. It makes you Swole when you count up to 35.

lol i must have missed that.. 

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 4:36pm

Reach Falls is nice...but trust me YS got it beat. Veryyyyyyy niceeeeeeee.

I haven't been Embarrassed
Originally posted by bigsexylisa bigsexylisa wrote:

I really do have questions:

One of my friends is getting married at Sandals in Negril in May.  They want $1557 for three nights--and I refuse.  This wedding was sort of last minute, and it's not really a vacay I "planned" to take.  I heard Negril was more quiet and laid back, so I think I would rather stay somewhere in Montego Bay, and then just go over for the wedding on Saturday and come back.  So:

Other than the shuttle from the airport, is there a shuttle that goes back and forth between Negril and Montego Bay?  

Or should I just stay somewhere in Negril?  

Is there anywhere "fun" to stay in Negril?

This is going to be a quick trip for me--I'm not going to relax, I'm just going for the wedding and a lil Jamaican themed fun.  

Is that for both persons including flights or no? You don't have to stay at Sandals Negril, it will be far less expensive if you stay nearby and besides May is low-season so you'll be able to find a good deal. Check CheapCaribbean.com

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 4:51pm
Yardgirl...u gots to goooooo...

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:11pm
*I want to go for an outdoor concert where I can see some good music, like rockers. Not just tourist concert, but the kinda that Jamaican residents would be excited about. When is the best time to go?
*I want Jerk Chicken made on the pimento wood. Do you think there is actually a noticeable difference from the Brooklyn Jamaican Jerk Chicken?
*I went to Montego Bay b4 but I only did touristy stuff. I want to go to Negril.

Posted By: Girl101
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:11pm
I plan to go later this year to get married, I'll pm you when I have a question... Embarrassed

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

*I want to go for an outdoor concert where I can see some good music, like rockers. Not just tourist concert, but the kinda that Jamaican residents would be excited about. When is the best time to go?
*I want Jerk Chicken made on the pimento wood. Do you think there is actually a noticeable difference from the Brooklyn Jamaican Jerk Chicken?
*I went to Montego Bay b4 but I only did touristy stuff. I want to go to Negril.
NJ is Mauby made with Malta...if so. Yes we drink it but call it Malta
Girlllll u will be storing jerk chicken in your bag to take back to the states. The ingredients used makes a great difference. Negril is nice. If u going with your partner...go to Hedonism.

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:17pm
Oh and NJ...u would enjoy jazz Festival in January or Re e Sumfest(July17th)..yup its outdoors.

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:18pm
JazzFest is perfect for glam!! and Sumfest too.

That pimento wood does help. I had some curried goat cooked on a pimento wood fire on Janaury 2, 2013 and it was the best goat of my life. I hate curry

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:20pm
Why BHM wont allow me to write Re e

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:22pm
the "GG" of the n words is banned and so all gg words as well so you have to put Reg.gae

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:50pm
thanks so much.i deleted mauby b/c i realized that isnt the stuff i really meant. it is some thick cream colored drink that i see that i always see, but i cant remeber the nameLOL

im too prudish to go to hedonism. id probably have a bad time b/c when ever i go to the caribbean, all of the drunk married wht men get very inappropriate towards me, trying to take pictures with me and be on the fine line b4 inviting me to a 3some and i can not get arrested overseas for kicking people in the nutz.

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:53pm
They won't arrest you glam trust me.

In a bottle, is it? Dragon stout? Malta? Supligen?

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 5:54pm
LOL try the RUI...its all inclusive and laid back
Are u talking about Irish moss?

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 6:12pm

< id="WebWizRTE" ="http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/RTE_.asp?mode=quote&ID=10766104&CACHE=1292" style="border: #A5ACB2 1px solid" ="initialiseWebWizRTE;" ="20" height="300" width="650">Are u talking about Irish moss?

Yessss, Irish Moss! Should I try it or does it have an acquired taste? Thanks

I will check into RUI, laid back sounds good 4 me.Smile

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 6:13pm

They won't arrest you glam trust me.

In a bottle, is it? Dragon stout? Malta? Supligen?

LOLLOLLOL yeah, imma skip hedo

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 6:24pm

< id="WebWizRTE" ="http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/RTE_.asp?mode=quote&ID=10766104&CACHE=1292" style="border: #A5ACB2 1px solid" ="initialiseWebWizRTE;" ="20" height="300" width="650">Are u talking about Irish moss?

Yessss, Irish Moss! Should I try it or does it have an acquired taste? Thanks

I will check into RUI, laid back sounds good 4 me.Smile
Ammmmmmm...I only drink it at home. Meaning Jamaica. Because some vendors have a tendency to put different ingredients. Such has almond extract and vanilla. Its good...if its made good. Try it...but check the ingredients

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 6:28pm
Ok, thanks I will definitely try it soon. my family friend makes it for family gatherings and i love all the stuff she makes

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 6:35pm

Jamaica Jazz Festival in the last weekend in January. Shows are from Thursday to Saturday. Here's the site  http://jamaicajazzandblues.com/" rel="nofollow - http://jamaicajazzandblues.com/

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 7:04pm
Excellent, thank you for the link YG!Thumbs Up

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 10:39pm

LOLLOLDead

This whole line reads like it's some non-sexual business bartering topic

Diane is a freak

Posted By: jayjaynonie
Date Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 12:56am
I'm really enjoying this thread. Me and my girlfriends have been considering a Vacay.

side note:

id never buy women abroad,

i have a strong fear of getting robbed

my homies in dallas once took me to a strip club and it was a all you wanna buy joint.. i declined .. 1. i was in a serious relationship at the time 2.. she looked like the type that would stab me if i came too quick.. even for a prossie

I'm curious, was it onyx or DG's?

I've heard horror stories.

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 3:49am

Hellshire Beach please tell them about the fish and festival and lobster woiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

YG ive never been to Bacchanal i despise soca and you know it.

Everytime i drive past maverly i think i wonder if the man with the stew peas/chicken foot is still practising - he was a dentist.

See it deh we have both qualified and sunshine and me warning you about these sweet mouth fools who only want them papers and to dickmatize you. DO NOT PAY FOR PENIS or fall in love with the rent a dread!! Please.
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 6:54am
I needed this thread a year and a half ago I went to Sumfest for the 50th anniversary. We were close to the stage. Went to the waterfall, dolphin cove

I need a better all inclusive resort. The hotel was nice but I didn't love it. Too many kids and families. I don't want an adult only one tho When we were going to dolphin cove, we pulled into the ritz carlton and realized I needed to make better life choices. Our resort was a 5 min drive to the concert, which is why we chose it.

Where is the jerk yall talking bout? Our cab driver took us somewhere and it was just like "Brooklyn jerk chicken" Lol

Posted By: PrincessSher
Date Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 6:59am
YG or Diane, have either of you been to Royalton White Sands? I know it was just renovated and it used to be Starfish I think??  We want to do an all inclusive for a few days while we are there in July. Since we always stay at home in Barbican we figured we would switch it up this timeLOL

Date Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 7:20am
Starfish, nope. The thoughts of a million children running wild touching the food in the buffet, splashing me as I lounge on the pool deck is scarrrryyy. It was a HIT for families worldwide thought. I havent looked at any reviews since it was renovated.

Starfish became Breezes Trelwny them became Royalton White Sands.

Barbican, nuh.Clap

Here are the most recent trip advisor reviews 
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147311-d4718839-Reviews-Royalton_White_Sands_Resort-Montego_Bay_Saint_James_Parish_Jamaica.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147311-d4718839-Reviews-Royalton_White_Sands_Resort-Montego_Bay_Saint_James_Parish_Jamaica.html

Date Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 7:26am
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

I needed this thread a year and a half ago I went to Sumfest for the 50th anniversary. We were close to the stage. Went to the waterfall, dolphin cove

I need a better all inclusive resort. The hotel was nice but I didn't love it. Too many kids and families. I don't want an adult only one tho When we were going to dolphin cove, we pulled into the ritz carlton and realized I needed to make better life choices. Our resort was a 5 min drive to the concert, which is why we chose it.

Where is the jerk yall talking bout? Our cab driver took us somewhere and it was just like "Brooklyn jerk chicken" Lol

Where did you stay Ming? Where do you want to stay next time? Negril, Mobay, Ochi, Portland, Souh Coast, Kingston?

Ritz Carlton was my $hit! (yayayayya Daddy, Saw actual Hugo Chavez there and NUMEROUS decoy Hugo Chavez') but the Ritz Carlton has always had issues with the owners and Mgmt company and Ritz Carlton pulled out so it is under New Mgmt company now.

Gyal, these folks watering down the jerk man and wanna kill it with ketchupDead Last time i had awesome jerk chicken it was in my kitchen or on the beach at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort

Date Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 7:29am
Diane...please advise that the jerk chicken sold in tourist areas is much different than the ones to locals.
For example there is a spot in Ewartonthat sells good jerk pork..sausage...knuckles...and of course chicken. But the man there tried me..because they know farriners just by looking at them. He tried to give me some white breadfruit after I told him I wanted a sweet piece(yellowheart). Gurlllllllll that patois came reelin off my tongue so faas...he changed it immediately. Talkin bout mi never know u a yawdie!!..My mother was like ..yup and there goes your tip. Tipped all the ladies except him

Print Page | Close Window