Print Page | Close Window

breastfeeding

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368996
Printed Date: Dec 13 2018 at 5:24pm

Topic: breastfeeding
Posted By: naturesgift
Subject: breastfeeding
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 10:06am
your husband- J/K-
* lady breast feeding photo's on IG cause a stir? maybe

Replies:
Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 10:14am
I like it.....better than the yt woman breast feeding butt naked on a hand stand.....she cute too

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 10:15am

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 10:20am
Who is that on the left? That baby must REEEEEEAAALLLY look like the dad.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 10:23am
lol its a doll

Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 10:24am
I dont mind it but I recently saw one and had to unfollow the person on IG because all types of boobage was exposed. I was like um...no

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 10:24am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

lol its a doll
LOL oh ok..

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 10:25am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

that baby on the left...

anyway, yeah I'm not bothered by these pictures, no one should be
LOLLOL

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 10:27am
I mean...I couldn't do it...

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 10:28am
Id probably whip my tit out to breastfeed wherever......I got nice boobs....

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 10:37am
People don't like seeing boobs being displayed for non sexual purposes.
Smh

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 10:49am
i dont get why its taboo to flash your tits/wear see through/braless type shirts.. but fine if its to feed a baby.. 
if moms wanted they could easily cover it/be more discreet.. 
im not saying that they should be Ijs i dont understand why one is bad and one is fine when they're both exposing tit. 

but to answer the OP.. breastfeeding in public doesnt bother me 

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 10:49am
Technically there is no nipple showing.....

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 10:53am
yea theres no nipple but even if someone wore small pasties they'd still get dramatic side eyes… 

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 10:54am
If my baby needs to eat, she/he's gonna eat. I don't need to have my boobs in everybody's face to feed my baby, even the babies don't wanna look, their eyes are closed.

An airline told a woman she couldn't breastfeed and it became a big thing, like people cant tell the difference between breastfeeding and a peep show. They have blankets for that

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 10:54am
You mean there's not supposed to be nipple but some of these women don't know what they're doing...

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

If my baby needs to eat, she/he's gonna eat. I don't need to have my boobs in everybody's face to feed my baby, even the babies don't wanna look, their eyes are closed.

An airline told a woman she couldn't breastfeed and it became a big thing, like people cant tell the difference between breastfeeding and a peep show. They have blankets for that

They eyes closed cause its so gooooood......LOL

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 11:06am
I use my breastfeeding cover in public, theres no way possible im gonna flash bare boob in public for anything. Unless i was super desperate to feed him right there in public with no cover or blanket. Cant see that happening

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 11:10am
@Sandra

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 11:15am
Maybe because I grew up on an island I think differently of women breastfeeding in public. I use to see them everywhere on the bus..in the supermarket..#shrugs#

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 11:23am
My daughter never missed a meal. I breastfed in public without any issue and I was discreet.

I'm pro breastfeeding, but I do believe a lot of these women are seeking publicity/compensation by creating situations that would have someone say something to them. I could be wrong, but for what reason would anyone NOT want to be discrete? If covering your breast with a cloth/blanket, etc doesn't interfere with you child's ability to nurse, why wouldn't you, simply out of respect for others around? There are plenty of mothers who don't show their children their breasts, so what's wrong w/ those same mothers not wanting another woman to expose their breasts to their children.

When my SO and I go out to dinner before going out dancing, and I'm wearing a revealing/"club" top or dress, I always keep a jacket or shrug on to be respectful of others in that non club/lounge setting.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 11:24am
Different example, but similar in MY opinion.
Babies poop. A good mother isn't going to let her child stay in a shytty diaper. But MOST people aren't going to change that shytty diaper in a restaurant, the middle of church service, in a crowded store, etc, unless it's no other option. Why? because they don't want strangers looking at their child's genitals plus it's RESPECTFUL to consider others around.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 11:25am
first world problems

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 11:36am
People are always saying it's natural etc but so is shytting, pissing, and f*cking. The way I see it it still involves body parts normally covered by clothing and is an exchange of bodily fluids. Some things should be kept private.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 11:46am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

People are always saying it's natural etc but so is shytting, pissing, and f*cking. The way I see it it still involves body parts normally covered by clothing and is an exchange of bodily fluids. Some things should be kept private.
I really cant believe you feel that strongly about it - were you a formula baby?

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 11:49am

I really cant believe you feel that strongly about it - were you a formula baby?

I hope so.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 11:52am
Breastfeeding is not the same as shytting pissing and ........but continue.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 11:54am
Yeah no....but as stated continue....

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 11:55am
It pisses me and my husband off when i get the side eye when i feed my son in public. I always have a cover always.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 11:55am
Shytting and pissing aren't necessarily a bad thing...it's necessary...

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 11:56am
So is breastfeeding

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 11:59am
Its weird to hear people talk like they hate titties......like breastfeeding is disgusting.....

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 11:59am
I thought this was about that one model posting her breastfeeding pic on instagram.

I don't mind it. I think the more women do it, whether its with a cover or not, the closer breastfeeding in public will be normalized.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Lonisha87 Lonisha87 wrote:

So is breastfeeding

I understand that...but we don't use the bathroom and have sex in public. I really don't feel like getting dragged by BHM today so I'ma let it go. It's probably already too late. LOL But I think this is another of those political hot button topics that it's not really considered appropriate to disagree about. 

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 12:02pm

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Its weird to hear people talk like they hate titties......like breastfeeding is disgusting.....

Oh I love titties...mine that is. Smile

I don't believe this.....your post reek of something else......but ima wait

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Lonisha87 Lonisha87 wrote:

It pisses me and my husband off when i get the side eye when i feed my son in public. I always have a cover always.

That's just rude smh

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 12:03pm

Won't put creamy crack near her hair but fake milk in her childs belly.....oh you natural nazis are peculiar bunch....LOL

I hope you change your mind about breastfeeding^ if you have offspring its really the best thing for your baby if fact you were designed to do it! Go titties!

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 12:04pm
I may change my mind, who knows. But I have really great tits so I might not wanna risk it.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 12:05pm
yes it was inspired but I could'nt find the pic that would post so I choose these instead

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 12:05pm

I don't believe this.....your post reek of something else......but ima wait

I know what you're thinking already but not at all. This is where we say goodbye. 

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 12:13pm
You see more titty at the club or at the beach than your average breastfeeding session.

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 12:19pm

this was me...
SO was like...."WF would you put those up please? guys be staring"

LOL

man, i loooved my breastfeeding boobs...so juicy and plump....

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

this was me...

LOL

I remember that old avi.....it was cute....LOL

Posted By: reesegurl11
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 12:33pm
I have posted breastfeeding pictures online before and I don't mind seeing them. I nurse any and everywhere and if you ain't staring hard at me you wouldn't know if I was nursing or just holding my baby. I wish nursing wasn't so taboo to some people I have read some very disturbing things on my baby boards from some out of touch women, it's sad.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 12:48pm

this was me...

LOL

I remember that old avi.....it was cute....LOL

LOL

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by reesegurl11 reesegurl11 wrote:

I have posted breastfeeding pictures online before and I don't mind seeing them. I nurse any and everywhere and if you ain't staring hard at me you wouldn't know if I was nursing or just holding my baby. .

Yeah, there's a discreet way to do it.... wear a top that has buttons in front. Nobody really has to see your boobs full on. Its just the teat that the baby needs anyway

Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 12:56pm
Breastfeeding isn't disgusting, but why can't someone cover up? If they don't have a cover and are desperate ok cool but to just buss the titty out with no regard? I was in dillards trying on shoes and the hispanic lady next to me  popped her titty out from her tank top and fed her son and continued to try on shoes with her son sucking away (who could walk and talk mind you). I was baffled. Really? You didn't even try to cover up.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 1:10pm
Lol I don't cover up because my babies don't like to eat with something over their head, it causes less of a distraction if I leave him be otherwise he's fighting to pull the cover off. My SO use to hate when I nursed in public but I told him my babies got to eat and I will feed him wherever I am. I shop and nurse at the same time and honestly nobody has ever said anything to me except that it an awesome thing I'm doing for my child lol.

I'm not forcing anyone to watch me though so I just never see the big deal in it. I see girls showing more cleavage in a top then you can see if I pull it out and feed my son anyways haha.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 1:31pm

I hope so.
that would explain sh*t loads tbh

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 1:33pm
did anyone mention that a recent research study showed no real benefit from breastfeeding vs formula? I meant to make a thread about that but probably forgot.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 1:34pm

http://time.com/#9917/sibling-study-shows-little-difference-between-breast-and-bottle-feeding/" rel="nofollow - Sibling Study Shows Little Difference Between Breast- and Bottle-Feeding

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 1:34pm
its hard for folks who've never breastfed to understand....
you dont really  see it as "exposing your tits"....in your head youre just feeding your baby. Its kind of a subconscious thing...
but yeah, women should try to wear clothing that will allow them to feed without plopping out the whole breast any  and everywhere. It can be done.
Some women are just slops overall.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

did anyone mention that a recent research study showed no real benefit from breastfeeding vs formula? I meant to make a thread about that but probably forgot.

I don't believe it.....they tyrna kill us.

That is complete utter bullsh*t. 

yeah folks were shocked. Including me.
(link on previous pg)

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 1:39pm
there are health benefits to the baby. and benefits to the mother as well. no study can make me think otherwise. I've seen the proof. and why would a healthy woman who produces enough milk to feed her child opt to spend money on formula? that shiit is not cheap

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 1:45pm
My son doesnt like the cover too much. Hes getting to the point where he tries to rip it off

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 1:45pm

there are health benefits to the baby. and benefits to the mother as well. no study can make me think otherwise. I've seen the proof. and why would a healthy woman who produces enough milk to feed her child opt to spend money on formula? that shiit is not cheap

This^^^^

I had women on my birth board say no because their breast are for their husband not their child, my jaw dropped like what kind of a$$backward thinking is that ugh ish pisses me off.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

I hope so.
that would explain sh*t loads tbh

You just couldn't resist could you...Sleepy

Posted By: KeraNykole
Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

My daughter never missed a meal. I breastfed in public without any issue and I was discreet.

I'm pro breastfeeding, but I do believe a lot of these women are seeking publicity/compensation by creating situations that would have someone say something to them. I could be wrong, but for what reason would anyone NOT want to be discrete? If covering your breast with a cloth/blanket, etc doesn't interfere with you child's ability to nurse, why wouldn't you, simply out of respect for others around? There are plenty of mothers who don't show their children their breasts, so what's wrong w/ those same mothers not wanting another woman to expose their breasts to their children.

When my SO and I go out to dinner before going out dancing, and I'm wearing a revealing/"club" top or dress, I always keep a jacket or shrug on to be respectful of others in that non club/lounge setting.

IA with ALL of this!!!
I remember having a few people over my house a few days after my daughter was born. When it was time to nurse her or pump, I kindly excused myself from the room and took my daughter to a private setting. Had a not been in a position to do that, I definately would have used a blanket. To each is own though...

I wouldn't feel uncomfortable if another woman whipped out her boob to nurse in front of me...but I could see how it could make the situation uncomfortable if children and men were around. If someone whipped out her whole boob in front of my husband of daughter, I'd kindly remove myself from the room...or give her the serious side eye.

I'm all for nursing in public...but be discreet.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 2:42pm
 I don't mind seeing someone breastfeed in public. Blanket or not.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by KeraNykole KeraNykole wrote:

*waves*Big smile

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 2:46pm

Honestly, I formula fed my baby and will plan to probably do the same for the next one. For me, it is more of a choice of mental Health than not being able to produce, although that's what I told ppl in the beginning to who gave me judgmental looks and ask probing questions. Ive kind of reached the point of not caring. Although I am content with my decision,
I will fight all day for the right for women to breastfeed in the way that is the most comfortable for them and baby for dozens of reasons.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 2:58pm
I honestly think the disconnect comes from the extreme sexualization of women's bodies, but discussion have so many offshoots.

I also think that while "breast is best" is the theoretical best, this country doesn't have an infrastructure to support the practice. Yes there are laws in place, but are they really enforced? One of the teachers at my school who was breastfeeding stopped early bc she could never get away to pump bc there was no one to cover her class, and when she could, her only option was the copy room.I've known women who have had bosses be hostile to their request to have a place to do it discreetly.

But that is also another discussion.

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 3:23am
I breastfed for 14 months I loveee breastfeeding and pics

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 4:50am

I don't believe it.....they tyrna kill us.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 4:58am
I'm really not tryna breastfeed.
Formula all day. 

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 7:35am
I want to breastfeed for a minute.
Probably like Bribby did.

Posted By: KeraNykole
Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 8:33am

Originally posted by KeraNykole KeraNykole wrote:

*waves*Big smile

Hey darling!

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 8:58am
I don't care about breastfeeding, but I would be discreet out of respect for those around me and would hope others would do the same. There are a lot of things that are natural....but it doesn't mean I want to see it or I want others to see it. 

I wouldn't plop my titty out in front of anyone without something to cover me up on regular occasion, so me breast feeding wont be the exception. 

On a side note, I read a board a while back where it was a lot of women talking about they orgasm while breast feeding and find it pleasurable...not sexual but sensual. Yup. Thoughts? 

Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 8:59am
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

I don't care about breastfeeding, but I would be discreet out of respect for those around me and would hope others would do the same. There are a lot of things that are natural....but it doesn't mean I want to see it or I want others to see it. 

I wouldn't plop my titty out in front of anyone without something to cover me up on regular occasion, so me breast feeding wont be the exception. 

On a side note, I read a board a while back where it was a lot of women talking about they orgasm while breast feeding and find it pleasurable...not sexual but sensual. Yup. Thoughts? 

Hmmm...makes you wonder doesn't it? 

Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 9:18am

Hmmm...makes you wonder doesn't it? 
LMAO......yeah, it was a board of just white women, so I wonder if black women (I'm sure) have experienced that too. 

I just fail to understand how someone can orgasm ( unless they have that 100 nuts a day disease) from this. Like a good portion of orgasm is mental....so what will you be thinking to have an orgasm from this? I would think people would STOP if they felt themselves about to nut. Confused

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 9:22am

I am sure that might happen to some women but I think they are in the minority. 

Whenever I read or have asked women personally about breastfeeding they say they stopped/wouldn't do it for long because their nipples hurt--like literal pain.  It's like you have to build up a tolerance and "toughen" up your nips. And the baby has to latch the correct way.  It doesn't seem like an automatic, put the baby on the teet, and we're all good kinda thing.

I think McWeelyswife (sp?) said her son "bit" off a piece of her nipple that had to heal back.Cry

My biggest fear from breastfeeding is getting saggy boobies honestly but throughout pregnancy you sacrifice your body for this kid so what's another body part?

eta: oh they were white womenz? Dead afro/guuuurrrl/afro

Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 9:25am
I have no problems nutting but it never happened from someone sucking my tits. But when someone sucks your tits you get wet down there so I wonder how that works...must be a weird feeling. I don't think I could...Sick

No offense to anyone.

Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 9:31am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

I am sure that might happen to some women but I think they are in the minority. 

Whenever I read or have asked women personally about breastfeeding they say they stopped/wouldn't do it for long because their nipples hurt--like literal pain.  It's like you have to build up a tolerance and "toughen" up your nips. And the baby has to latch the correct way.  It doesn't seem like an automatic, put the baby on the teet, and we're all good kinda thing.

I think McWeelyswife (sp?) said her son "bit" off a piece of her nipple that had to heal back.Cry

My biggest fear from breastfeeding is getting saggy boobies honestly but throughout pregnancy you sacrifice your body for this kid so what's another body part?

eta: oh they were white womenz? Dead afro/guuuurrrl/afro
..lol...they were the only ones on there posting about it so I don't know....

But that's what I thought....I have only heard people reporting a little pain. But even if someone is sucking your boobs and you get wet....wet =/= nut. I mean, I'm thinking surely they feel themselves getting to that point? I don't know. But they were like it's a "different' type of nut. LMAO...Dead

Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 9:58am
I have heard that before from a black chick.....I get it considering......my mipples are super sensitive and I can orgasm from them being stimulated....but I doubt Id fine the pleasure while my baby was breastfeeding.....considering the amount of pain that i would be in......but like I said it is a highly sexually sensitive part of your body....

Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 10:02am
That's something I hope I never experience. Ouch

Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 2:50pm
Lol I have heard about it turning some women on but I have been breastfeeding for 11yrs and never once was it sexually pleasurable.

And yes it hurts when they are newborns when they don't get latched on right or you get thrush, with thrush it can cause nipple lacerations and then it take everything in you not to want to rip the baby off and never feed them the breast again lol. Let down is what really hurts in the beginning because to me it feels as if a thousand needles are stabbing you in the breast and nipple but once baby starts drinking it stops hurting. Getting through the first 4-6 weeks is the hardest for me but after that it smooth sailing unless you get a hiccup like thrush or mastitis.

Posted By: juniper angel
Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 3:17pm
I dont want to see no tittys

Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by juniper angel juniper angel wrote:

I dont want to see no tittys

Said no one ever

Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 3:41pm
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BREASTFEEDING FOR 11 years? t6PJ3.jpg (640×853)

Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 3:44pm

In all fairness this check is nuts on GofT

Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 3:54pm
Lol not the same kid for 11yrs

I have all my kids 2yrs apart so I got pregnant while breastfeeding and so I was always breastfeeding a baby lol. My oldest is 11 and my youngest is 13 months.

Date Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 11:35am
I never felt ANY amount of sexual pleasure from breastfeeding. Totally different sensation.
I don't get turned on from pap smears/pelvic exams ,either. LOL

Date Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 11:39am

thats absolutely disgusting!!Dead
omg, the very idea....
some people just sick

Date Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 11:40am

I have no problems nutting but it never happened from someone sucking my tits. But when someone sucks your tits you get wet down there so I wonder how that works...must be a weird feeling. I don't think I could...Sick

No offense to anyone.

A child suckling on their mom is a completely different mental and physical experience than a woman engaged in an intimate act with another adult.....
sigh

Date Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 8:49pm
So do you guys think this kid will have a complex?

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

I don't get how we are so disconnected from something so natural. When I see a 16 y.o. heffa (or rachet 30 y.o. bish) grabbing 10 cans of formula w/her W.I.C. checks..half of them she's probably gonna sell anyway for cash to do whatever I cringe. (Not all of them and yes i'm aware of breastfeeding issues) In my previous job...I would ask the girls why they aren't b.f. I don't feel like it, I don't have time, Ew etc. And then I go in the back and hand them 10 free cans of formula, samples, a free $300 breast pump that they aren't gonna use or sell. 

Yeah that formula just sat there probably still have some that is just nasty now. I wish I got a free pump but my sister in law let me use hers.
My other sister in law just could not breastfeed and my mom didnt breastfeed me with her career and all. I was determined to breastfeed and I have zero tits real talk. It just hurts me to hear these young moms have no interest in doing it.

Date Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

I don't get how we are so disconnected from something so natural. When I see a 16 y.o. heffa (or rachet 30 y.o. bish) grabbing 10 cans of formula w/her W.I.C. checks..half of them she's probably gonna sell anyway for cash to do whatever I cringe. (Not all of them and yes i'm aware of breastfeeding issues) In my previous job...I would ask the girls why they aren't b.f. I don't feel like it, I don't have time, Ew etc. And then I go in the back and hand them 10 free cans of formula, samples, a free $300 breast pump that they aren't gonna use or sell. 

Yeah that formula just sat there probably still have some that is just nasty now. I wish I got a free pump but my sister in law let me use hers.
My other sister in law just could not breastfeed and my mom didnt breastfeed me with her career and all. I was determined to breastfeed and I have zero tits real talk. It just hurts me to hear these young moms have no interest in doing it.
Look at the state of our Nation~ people honestly don't know better- We are eating FAKE food EVERYWHERE and now its starts off even before birth* even the way babies are born here is very UNnatural

Print Page | Close Window