Print Page | Close Window

simple way to cook eggplant?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368977
Printed Date: Dec 11 2018 at 3:24am

Topic: simple way to cook eggplant?
Posted By: noneyons
Subject: simple way to cook eggplant?
Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 4:13pm
yum. i never buy eggplant but i need to start. no help here sorry. thanks for making me hungry though lol

why is my post before yours? i want eggplant now. 

Replies:
Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 4:14pm
I have 2 eggplants that I need to cook before they go bad but I don't have any cheese (I usually bake them with cheese and tomato sauce). Any suggestions?

Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 4:24pm
now that i think about it, i remember eating some spicy eggplant concoction at this lebonese restaurant once that was supper yummy. 

it had tomato sauce, bell peppers i think and onion and maybe garlic plus something to make it spicy. you probably can experiment a bit with those ingredients and not even miss the cheese. 

this is so right on time. ever be like "i have a taste for something but i don't know what?" this is what i've been craving and would have never thunk it. this is what i'll cook next week. yay!

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 4:28pm
you can make a sammy! you can bread it and fry it- or season it an oven gill it

Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

now that i think about it, i remember eating some spicy eggplant concoction at this lebonese restaurant once that was supper yummy. 

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">it had tomato sauce, bell peppers i think and onion and maybe garlic plus something to make it spicy. you probably can experiment a bit with those ingredients and not even miss the cheese. </span>

this is so right on time. ever be like "i have a taste for something but i don't know what?" this is what i've been craving and would have never thunk it. this is what i'll cook next week. yay!

It's worth a try. Was the eggplant sliced and grilled or was it mashed up?

Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 4:29pm
it was grilled and mashed i think. it had a charred taste but it was mushy with texture if that makes sense. i think the tomato was paste, not sauce cause it was thickish. it was delish!

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 4:29pm
slice it, season it and put it on the forman grill

Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Don't want to fry it (watching calorie intake). How would you cut it and season it? When used in a sandwich, how do you do it?

Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 4:40pm

it was grilled and mashed i think. it had a charred taste but it was mushy with texture if that makes sense. i think the tomato was paste, not sauce cause it was thickish. it was delish!

I just googled Lebanese eggplant dishes and I got an oven baked recipe that involves beef cubes, which is perfect because I planned on cooking beef. Excellent!

I also got this. I wonder if that is what you ate. I also have the ingredients. Looks like the Lebanese like their eggplants!

Lebanese Eggplants (Messaka'a)

Ingredients
1 kg eggplant (peeled and cut, lengthwise)
1 kg tomato (sliced)
1 cup chickpeas (cooked)
1 cup onion (cubed)
2 tbsps mint (ground dried)
10 garlic cloves
pepper
salt
1/4 cup olive oil

Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 4:43pm
sounds about right. gotta make it spicy though cause it'll be flat without the spice imo.

Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 4:46pm

sounds about right. gotta make it spicy though cause it'll be flat without the spice imo.

Thanks! I'll add some ground chili pepper

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 5:12pm
i usually make Lidia's recipe for Eggplant Caponata

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 5:14pm
Also the website food52.com is a great resource, everything i have ever tried from there was really good. they have a lot of eggplant recipes: http://food52.com/recipes/search?q=eggplant" rel="nofollow - http://food52.com/recipes/search?q=eggplant

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 5:17pm
I sautée it w/sea salt, EVOO, and little minced garlic. Tastes delicious.

Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

i usually make Lidia's recipe for Eggplant Caponata

Looks good. But I don't have olives and capers. Another time.

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 1:48am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Don't want to fry it (watching calorie intake). How would you cut it and season it? When used in a sandwich, how do you do it?

Eggplant is pretty versatile you can saultee in with not much oil or use virgin coconut oil

Print Page | Close Window