Print Page | Close Window

Guest Leaves Note About Crying Baby at Ski Resort

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368955
Printed Date: Nov 24 2017 at 7:55am

Topic: Guest Leaves Note About Crying Baby at Ski Resort
Posted By: PurplePhase
Subject: Guest Leaves Note About Crying Baby at Ski Resort
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 3:01pm
thoughts? fair? unfair?
I summarized, but link below for full article and brother's response.

Hotel Guest Leaves Parents Nasty Note for Bringing 'Crying Baby' On Vacation

Recently, a mom and a dad and their baby went on a vacation to a ski resort. The baby cried during the night. The people staying next to the parents and the baby weren't happy.   They slipped a note under the family's door, essentially telling them they were the worst people in the world and they completely ruined their vacation. 

Here it is:

(full article and brother responds with open letter)

http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/169137/hotel_guest_leaves_parents_nasty" rel="nofollow - http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/169137/hotel_guest_leaves_parents_nasty

Replies:
Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 3:12pm
should have complained to the resort and gotten a free stay.
that letter is rude.

they brought their baby on a trip get over it but frfr I avoid kid heavy places. Babies and families ruined Disney world.i understand though

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

that letter is rude.

they brought their baby on a trip get over it but frfr I avoid kid heavy places. Babies and families ruined Disney world.i understand though

really? maybe this is why I've never wanted to go LOL

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 3:17pm
White people are so passive aggressive.

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 3:21pm
"we planned this trip to ski hard all day and sleep at night"

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 3:22pm
I get it lol

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

I get it lol

*watches your thanks count*
so I'll know...

LOL

Posted By: whosbotheringme
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 3:33pm
People think others should have to tolerate their children.  We shouldn't.

But, don't mind me, I'm part of a page named "Ban children from restaurants" so... I may not be the best person to ask lol.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 3:47pm
 I wonder if people with kids would be more bothered than people who didn't have kids? A couple with kids probably left theirs at home so they could have some peace and quiet. So  they may be more upset if the hotel neighbor  brought a child.

A couple w/ no children rarely gets to be around babies and might even enjoy not mind the novelty of a crying baby (thinking about us here... lol)

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

I wonder if people with kids would be more bothered than people who didn't have kids? A couple with kids probably left theirs at home so they could have some peace and quiet. So  they may be more upset if the hotel neighbor  brought a child.

A couple w/ no children rarely gets to be around babies and might even enjoy the novelty of a crying baby (thinking about us here... lol)

Nope.  No children and Ion wanna hear that ish.  Please control your spawn.  Or take it to a designated kiddie place thanks.

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 3:50pm
i think when it comes to hotel stays or vacation, people need to be specific when making reservations. they should request a quiet room and ask to be away from the elevator, pretty simple request tbh. i usually ask for a room away from the elevator and ice machine, tbh.

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 3:52pm
It wasn't the parents' fault that the rooms weren't sound proof. Complain to the resort. If the baby ruined her sleep on Saturday then they should have said something to the family on Sunday morning and bought some ear plugs.

I get the sentiment, but he/she left a note upon leaving. Shawty you dumb. Either knock on the door or go jump off a cliff, IMHO

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

It wasn't the parents' fault that the rooms weren't sound proof. Complain to the resort. If the baby ruined her sleep on Saturday then they should have said something to the family on Sunday morning and bought some ear plugs.

I get the sentiment, but he/she left a note upon leaving. Shawty you dumb. Either knock on the door or go jump off a cliff, IMHO

I agree with this, but I also think that sometimes parents are oblivious to the annoyance that can be their children.  Like when their kid is crying and they just sit there ignoring it.  Just cause you're used to it, that means the rest of us have to tolerate it for the WHOLE train ride? Cry

And lol @ shawty you dumb and Either knock on the door or go jump off a cliffLOLCry

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:04pm
my kids go where i go. you got a problem. dont care. our trip isnt ruined yours is. 

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:08pm
She took time out of her vacation to write some mess a quick phone call or door knock would have handled? Naw, I'm straight.

I'd be pissed too tho...who brings a baby on a ski trip?!

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:10pm
I don't see how knocking on her door would help. She can't stop the baby from crying.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

I agree with this, but I also think that sometimes parents are oblivious to the annoyance that can be their children.  Like when their kid is crying and they just sit there ignoring it.  Just cause you're used to it, that means the rest of us have to tolerate it for the WHOLE train ride? Cry

And lol @ shawty you dumb and Either knock on the door or go jump off a cliffLOLCry

Maybe I am just too vocal because I tell people about their kids all the time. But I'm a psych so usually I can tell them in a convincing way.

Posted By: SeducTress
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:12pm
I can dig it.

I'm good for knocking. It doesn't always turn out pretty though.... just kirLOL

I'm hypersensitive to disturbing people. I write daily. I need a certain level of zen, therefore I'm uber aware of others needing some got damn peace!

I have virtually bark less dogs. If they bark I go HAM and apologize profusely. Being noisy and inconsiderate embarrasses me. My grandmothers and nem reared me right. No running in the house fo you run up my lectric' bill home training. 

I have a soft spot for babies though. I won't knock nor fuss about a baby. Embarrassed I'll rant a lil to whomever's around....but I couldn't follow through... just seems a bit unnatural to me. lol. It's a wittle baby AngryHeart

I'll seethe. I'll deal. I'll get over it.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I don't see how knocking on her door would help. She can't stop the baby from crying.

Kiddie Benadryl.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:17pm
But I'm really not here for noisy music late at night, weed aromas wafting through my window. 
Jerome and big momma on the balcony kee kee'ing it up playing spades then the sounds of chairs scuffing the floors cause uncle filmore reneged...... while I'm tryna write my way outta the "hood"

Give me a break apt 46C

Woo-sah.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:17pm

What did leaving a note after check-out do? If she was up the whole night anyway, she could have knocked on the door and let the family know that the rooms weren't soundproof and that they may need to try a different approach, since they may not have even known that others could hear.

Instead, she let the baby's screams ruin the vacation she had been planning for a year. So sad.

I find that the direct approach is always better.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

Should have just requested another room. And file a complaint about that dump they're staying in w/paper thin walls.

And if peace and quiet was a goal she should have booked a cabin or suite away from everyone. It could have been a loud couple, people partying etc. instead of a baby.  

Hello.

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:18pm
Seductress... that damn barking, I hate it. When the bell rings, I apologize and sometimes im so busy telling her to shut up I forget to open the door. No kids so she's mine to correct.

Aint no way i'm having nobody's screaming ass baby around me, even my own. I cant take it. This girl used to sleep through her son's annoying "cry".. I'd damn near kick the door open and go get the baby. I just cant take the sh*t. Its like an unanswered phone...so you not gon put that on silent?

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:20pm
Loud adults would have made me complain to the manager.  Or the loud people.  Loud kids are the domain of the parents.  And some parents don't give a crap that their children are disturbing others.

I try to go to mostly kid un-friendly places to avoid this.  Or places with great separation /shrug

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:22pm
People with kids seem to not understand common curtesy.....but will be mad in a second if others do the same.....I woulda kept them and that baby up all night with loud and vulgar language headboard would been banging the outs their wall......bish this a two way street.....sound proof walls....yall a trip....

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:22pm
The Note was wrong- but maybe they should put families in another part of the resort! like group them together like smokers~

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:23pm
LOL

Ming we're right >>>>here<<<<<
The dogs can't just be barking and ish. I even ask my neighbors to tell me if they had any slip ups. I got a bark collar for dat ass just waiting for em @ Petco. Don't do it dawg.

I don't have kids either. But Ia, the day I do have em I doubt I will react differently. Unless I'm cursed with a colicky baby. OMG that would suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckCry

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

But I'm really not here for noisy music late at night, weed aromas wafting through my window. 
Jerome and big momma on the balcony kee kee'ing it up playing spades then the sounds of chairs scuffing the floors cause uncle filmore reneged...... while I'm tryna write my way outta the "hood"

Give me a break apt 46C

Woo-sah.

LMAO!!!  Or the Dominican couple in apt 1O that think their asses are Lucy and Ricky Ricardo or whoever the Dominican equivalents are and that this is the Copa or the Tropicana or whatever.

***Woo sah's with SeducTress***

People are just not respectful in a lot of situations.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:26pm
I would feel some type of way if I was banished because I brought my child but im not an inconsiderate person. Babies can cry for hours if you let them.. I aint letting them.

No reason for a baby to be the only sound on an overnight international flight and you got headphones on you don't even wanna hear it

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

People with kids seem to not understand common curtesy.....but will be mad in a second if others do the same.....I woulda kept them and that baby up all night with loud and vulgar language headboard would been banging the outs their wall......bish this a two way street.....sound proof walls....yall a trip....

I have played the "lets all be loud" game with neighbors as a last resort.  But not on vacation.  Adult only resorts >>>>>

Some babies....do cry for nothing....I blame the parents that thought it was cute to spoil a newborn and then get mad when they act spoiled....put that baby down......

If my baby is suffering, of course it aint his/her fault. If I have to stick a nipple in that mouth when company comes, so be it. No one wants to hear it. My dog is in her cage so trust me... I understand.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:30pm

I have played the "lets all be loud" game with neighbors as a last resort.  But not on vacation.  Adult only resorts >>>>>

I love a loud dick down.....so its whatever....

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:32pm
So...how do you stop a baby from crying? That's a cool trick. Stern Smile

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:32pm

I can dig it.

I'm hypersensitive to disturbing people. I write daily. I need a certain level of zen, therefore I'm uber aware of others needing some got damn peace!

I have virtually bark less dogs. If they bark I go HAM and apologize profusely. Being noisy and inconsiderate embarrasses me. My grandmothers and nem reared me right. No running in the house fo you run up my lectric' bill home training. 

I have a soft spot for babies though. I won't knock nor fuss about a baby. Embarrassed I'll rant a lil to whomever's around....but I couldn't follow through... just seems a bit unnatural to me. lol. It's a wittle baby AngryHeart

this is me. but I didn't know if it was the novelty factor LOLLOL

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:33pm
notes for candyConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

notes for crying babiesConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:33pm
Babies cry for everything and they cry for nothing... its a parent's job to know how to get it to subside. 3am, dimmed lights and Jr wailing? The flight attendants are asleep, c'mon.

Sandra, sometimes they ignore kids thinking they'll stop. Sometimes they do spoil them and putting them down/saying no leads to a 45 mins tearless cry session

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:34pm

What did leaving a note after check-out do? If she was up the whole night anyway, she could have knocked on the door and let the family know that the rooms weren't soundproof and that they may need to try a different approach, since they may not have even known that others could hear.

Instead, she let the baby's screams ruin the vacation she had been planning for a year. So sad.

I find that the direct approach is always better.

she was trying to help their next hotel neighbor (lol)

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:35pm

LOL

Heart

LOL

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:37pm

oh my
may I call you 'Sandy' LOL

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:39pm
Why bring a baby to a ski resort? Seriously. If you want your child to see snow for the first time, just take them somewhere that is snowing, no need to take them to a ski resort.
People nowadays ARE inconsiderate. They think it is ok for their kids to scream at a restaurant, movie theater, hospital, library, now even a ski resort, because, well, they are kids. No, they are rude kids, and you are a moronic parent.
In that case, the child was a baby, a baby cannot ski yet, why bring a baby? Why be cheap? Why not leave the baby with a family member or nanny?

I raised all the babies in my family till they were school age.......its not difficult....My cousin is 8 now he's been out of the country more than some adults I know.....and he was never been a bother.....people adore how well behaved he is.....I raised that boy and his younger brother till they were daycare age.....also was a nanny for a NFL player....he respected me more than his mother......

I don't mind a babies cry usually.
That's what they do.
I hate when ppl try to shush crying babies in church.

I don't mind a babies cry but y'all gonna have to go somewhere with them strollers .

I say this now...

Give me a break apt 46C

Woo-sah.

LMAO!!!  Or the Dominican couple in apt 1O that think their asses are Lucy and Ricky Ricardo or whoever the Dominican equivalents are and that this is the Copa or the Tropicana or whatever.

Oh my gawd. Shocked 
Hold me!!!LOL

Girl YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I swear I lived sandwiched between Mexicans a grip ago. No racist...but it was this sort of carnival music that they blared day and night.

***Doom doom doom da da doom doom doom. On repeat. Lawd. I eventually bounced along to prevent myself from going crazy.

*** It also made me aware of how angry and redundant rap music is LOL

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:40pm

oh my
may I call you 'Sandy' LOL

Mz Sandy if you nastyLOLEmbarrassed

Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

Babies cry for everything and they cry for nothing... its a parent's job to know how to get it to subside. 3am, dimmed lights and Jr wailing? The flight attendants are asleep, c'mon.

Sandra, sometimes they ignore kids thinking they'll stop. Sometimes they do spoil them and putting them down/saying no leads to a 45 mins tearless cry session

You ain't even lyin...them spiteful bastuhds...LOLLOL

LOL i expect this in apartment living...vacation is no different. imo. when others are around you have to deal with their crap. its just the way it is.  my kids arent crybabies and never have been but if they were...theres nothing you can do but get on with your vaca...cause trust..we're still having a good timeLOL but i dont know...maybe thats just the way i see things.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

LOL i expect this in apartment living...vacation is no different. imo. when others are around you have to deal with their crap. its just the way it is.  my kids arent crybabies and never have been but if they were...theres nothing you can do but get on with your vaca...cause trust..we're still having a good timeLOL but i dont know...maybe thats just the way i see things.

Its not different....people still need to be mindful of everyone else......

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:42pm
I agree in a way.
We are humans you have to deal with that.

Babies can be cute loud drunk adults aren't .
Unless I'm the drunk adult

I talk about ppl controlling themselves but ya know..

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:43pm

I can dig it.

this is me. but I didn't know if it was the novelty factor LOLLOL

I think that's the case for me. I sort of waver between intrigue, frustration, and sympathy for momLOL

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:44pm
I don't understand taking a baby skiing. 

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:44pm
did anyone check out the brother's open letter response? (it was long). And I didn't bold anything lol

this is the brother of the woman who received the letter:

Dear Parent of Infinite Wisdom,

First of all, I only write this in order to reassure my sister and brother-in-law that they are not doing anything wrong. You are undoubtedly a nasty person regardless of the situation you find yourself in and how others are treating you, so on the off-chance you even see this I hold little hope it will affect your outlook on life. Is it fair for me to judge you by one nastygram? At least as fair as your judgment of someone based on what you can hear through a wall, I suppose.

In your haste to pass judgment on others and whitewash your own memory of what parenting is like, you have forgotten to check yourself for the very inconsideration and selfishness you abhor. You decided to lash out at others who were unaware of your plight or discomfort, at least until you left a cowardly letter after the fact, at which point any opportunity they might have had to try to alleviate your unfortunate situation had passed. Perhaps, if you had yelled back or pounded on the headboard, then the thinness of the walls would have been more evident to the struggling parents. Then again, such an act of directness would have identified you as the petty selfish person you are. Personally, I think you knew that, which is why instead, you decided to lay your opinion out anonymously and with no consideration of what was happening within the room or who the people are you were addressing. You knew all you needed to know: "Someone is doing something I don't like! I should cry about it." Sound familiar? The baby was cutting teeth, what is your excuse?

Here are a few of the things you didn't know.

My brother-in-law helps more people before you get out of bed and have your morning coffee than you have likely helped in your entire life. He operates on brains and misses out on an awful lot of time with his wife and child so that he can use his knowledge and skill to help adults and children alike (even the selfish ones) with a second chance. He saves lives. This week he is in Colorado for a conference where he can learn to better treat you if you happen to fall from a snow-lift, get thrown from your high horse, faceplant into a tree while skiing down the black diamond trail or have the misfortune to trip over your own self-righteousness and fall down the stairs head first. Personally, I don't blame him for wanting to take his family with him to a convention rather than missing out on another week full of memories so that he can be the best surgeon. It's a great job, a rewarding job, but not one without sacrifices.

My niece usually sleeps pretty well, and is not known for screaming in the middle of the night. If she were constantly having this issue both parents would be in a mental institution and you wouldn't have been disturbed. Newsflash: a night in the room with a screaming toddler is even harder than being next door and not something parents willingly plan for on holiday. From the far side of the wall, one cannot see the parents scrambling, attempting to feed the baby, rock the baby, shush the baby, walk around, rack their brains for a way to make the crying stop for their sake, for their neighbor's sake and not least of all for the helpless child's sake.

As for my sister, she is a kind and considerate parent, a dependable friend and an amazing wife. She is a first-time mother with a law degree who decided that spending time with and raising her daughter are the top priorities in her life. As a stay-home mother, I'm sure she jumped at the chance to get out of the house. What stay-home parent wouldn't? Sure, it is true, she's still learning the ropes. Can you remember what that was like? Do you remember thinking you knew your child's routines only to learn at an inopportune time that you don't really know much of anything? This usually occurs on the rare evening out with the whole family, or on a crowded airplane or when rooming next to the Prince or Princess of Passive Aggressiveness on the side of a mountain in Colorado. On those occasions, when your child transformed into a yelling, crying, sobbing ball of heartache you might recall your ears burning and your face flushing red with embarrassment. You may remember the hopeful feeling that there would not be a person like you around. Someone willing to belittle you rather than offer support, someone willing to call you a bad parent and a selfish person because you have somehow conspired to ruin their day, their meal or their trip.

Well, guess what, perfect parent?! Your kids ruined things for other people too. As a matter of fact, you ruined more than one evening for others when you were a little tyrant yourself. The same is true for every adult walking the planet, unless their parents kept them tranquilized or frozen in carbonite until graduation. Maybe you didn't know, but it happened. That is the way of the world; this is not a hermetically sealed, adults-only dystopia where nothing unexpected occurs to anyone. If you want to guarantee a trip with those parameters (and since you obviously planned for this years in advance), then plan a little better and rent a freaking cabin or bring a set of earplugs.

If it's not a child, it will be a dog; if it's not a dog, it will be a group of drunken fraternity members, or a construction crew, or a leaky faucet. Maybe loud lovers, the TV in the next room, or a neighbor who leaves their radio clock on all night that will disturb your slumber. It's always something, isn't it? I know the feeling. It sucks, but these things happen. Sometimes they are due to inconsideration and more often due to accident or happenstance. The question is not if but when something will taint our dreams of the perfect vacation, dinner or plane ride. I teach my children we can't control the actions of others, but we can control our own reactions. We can choose every day whether to let life's little inconveniences make us miserable, or to smile and carry on. Better still, we can decide to try to make the world a better place -- to lend a hand instead of pointing a finger.

You, on the other hand, choose to spew hatred and judgment on others even when it will bring no change to your own situation. You didn't say anything when the young parents could have done something, choosing instead to leave a parting note to let them know what terrible people they are. Be honest, the note was not for the good of the world, it was for retribution. It was your way of doling out karma. I hope you are proud of yourself.

I am sorry for you. I'm sorry for your children. Pat yourself on the back for never having your child wake another human (yeah, right) all you want, but when it comes to measuring the value of another person or the extremes of their selflessness (or selfishness) most of us would prefer to take a larger view and maybe learn something about the situation and its participants before we cast our stones.

I know little about you; maybe you were just cranky and writing without thinking. Maybe you are too stupid to relieve yourself with some Tylenol PM or earplugs or by calling the front desk to ask about options before spending a second night in wretched misery within the Seventh Circle of Hell. Maybe you are a really great person who helps others with every spare minute not spent on holiday at a ski resort or judging other people's parenting based on cries in the night. Then again, maybe you are just an a**hole.

Good day,
Dad On The Run

P.S. Lil' sis. Keep doing what you are doing. Your child is a part of this world and just as much entitled to it as the next person. Those who wish to have a child-free experience have plenty of adults-only options for vacation accommodations. Love you.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:46pm
Yeah yeah yeah shut that kid up<-----my thought looking at that long ass letter lol......

Yeah there are adult only vacations.

So if you that pressed then pay up

Mz Sandy if you nastyLOLEmbarrassed

LOL

im scared of what goes on at adult only resorts

I shouldn't have to go to a nude beach or leave my kid home to have fun. Why have a baby cry? Babies don't cry cause of a happy commercial.. fix the problem, shut them the hell up. I work with kids, if all are quiet but one, I fix the problem. It disturbs the rest

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:47pm
I love babies up to 2yrs old,I have no idea why I wanted a baby so badly knowing I can't stand them when they start to form coherent sentences. Thats what therapy is for, anywho, I am bothered at the sight of children on any vacation if it's just me and my honey. We try to stay at very expensive hotels to avoid a great number of children and we usually sleep in and go to the beach and the pool later in the day.

The gift of the gay is that when families see us coming hand in hand they fold down their pianos and get the hell outta their. We always get the best spots!

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:48pm

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I don't understand taking a baby skiing. 

you hear those olympic skiers say "I was on skis before I could walk." I guess this is how that happens LOL

Posted By: mrshairdo
the letter writer wasn't wrong
i can't stand when this happens
i had to endure a flight with two young kids kicking my seat, only to have the mom tell me there was nothing she could do smh

she sure did something when the flight attendant spoke to her

can't stand certain parents

I would be pissed if i couldn't sleep all night because of a crying baby

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:49pm
Lady Ice you're sort of making my empathy for women with crying babies waneLOL

I had no idea there were women with loud kids, that are like, fucc em.

I'm out here counting to ten, finding my center, sending you good vibes so that ish can transfer over to the baby....and you mocking me?

Well I never Ouch

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:49pm

I love babies up to 2yrs old,I have no idea why I wanted a baby so badly knowing I can't stand them when they start to form coherent sentences. Thats what therapy is for, anywho, I am bothered at the sight of children on any vacation if it's just me and my honey. We try to stay at very expensive hotels to avoid a great number of children and we usually sleep in and go to the beach and the pool later in the day.

The gift of the gay is that when families see us coming hand in hand they fold down their pianos and get the hell outta their. We always get the best spots!

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:50pm

snap! thanks. I'm gonna try this w/ my GF next time we're out  and want a section in the restaurant to ourselves.LOL
or a spot on the beach for our blanket.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:52pm
gift of the gayLOLLOLCry

ALLADIS!!! chileee....

Posted By: ModelessDiva

People with kids seem to not understand common courtesy....

Heart

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:54pm

It's just dumb. Unless a place is booked if you complain they will move you. Avoiding places w/o kids makes sense. This idiot in the letter should have spent her year finding detached accommodations if she wanted all this peace and quiet. Add $1000 and get that ass a suite and stfu. Ski resorts are full of kids and always have been. 

wanting a solid good night's sleep is asking for "all this peace and quiet" ..wtf??

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:58pm
I agree with the letter , I will ask a hostess to not sit me at a table with a crying baby and not one with a bunch of kids. I also dislike flying with babies, babies at movies, just crying babies and unruly kids in general.

I would not have stayed in that room though, they would have moved me and my belongings. 

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:58pm

hopefully that sentiment stays the same if she's around a bunch of curse word using teenagers who give zero fuccs about her kids being around..or next door to a couple having the loudest sex ever, complete with dirty words and loud moaning, with her kids around

i hate this mindset

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:59pm

Ain't nothing wrong with that letter.
Yes it was rude and could have been kinder, but they were angry and had every right to be.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:02pm
I try to make light hearted passive aggressive comments to parents.

Like, I don't want to be aggressive because it really don't have to be alladat.

Oh my, she has a pair of lungs on her! *wooty wooty ba cutie awwwwww* 

Insert big ass grin and yearning gaze.....

Parents, this is your cue to be like...ohhhhhh...my bad

Big smileLOL

All that tap dancing from both parties in the OP is silly.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

i had to endure a flight with two young kids kicking my seat, only to have the mom tell me there was nothing she could do smh

OMG THIS happened on my first plane flight..across from me was a mother and her two obnoxious sons..one of them was kicking the seat in front of him, the kid turned around and asked politely for him to stop, the brat did it again, the kid quickly turned around and gave him a vicious look, the brat continued til the boy got up and turned completely around leaning over the seat and yelled at this brat he is gonna punch him in the *&%^$#@Ein face if he don;t stop...the mother finally had to fully step in on her bratty ass son to make him stop..she yelled at her son to stop...

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

OMG THIS happened on my first plane flight..across from me was a mother and her two obnoxious sons..one of them was kicking the seat in front of him, the kid turned around and asked politely for him to stop, the brat did it again, the kid quickly turned around and gave him a vicious look, the brat continued til the boy got up and turned completely around leaning over the seat and yelled at this brat he is gonna punch him in the *&%^$#@Ein face if he don;t stop...the mother finally had to fully step in on her bratty ass son to make him stop..she yelled at her son to stop...

just awful! this is why ppl hate kids...and the parents dont do ish smh

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:05pm

hopefully that sentiment stays the same if she's around a bunch of curse word using teenagers who give zero fuccs about her kids being around..or next door to a couple having the loudest sex ever, complete with dirty words and loud moaning, with her kids around

i hate this mindset

Exactly......but they do hear you tho....

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:06pm
That baby was rude!!!!!

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:07pm
Damn some of y'all just hate youngins though .
Ain't no pleasing yall

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

That baby was rude!!!!!

LOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:08pm

Parents think because they tolerate their child's crying or bad behavior everybody else has to also.

No.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:11pm
and yes I have a kid but he is not like most urchins.....

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:11pm
LOL

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:12pm
On second thought the aforementioned doesn't work on trailer trash/hood mommas

I tried it.... and well, she cursed me out lmaooo

Complete with clapping her hands and repeating herselfDisapprove

And, so what. and ? and?  and?  and? this MY baby this MY baby this MY baby

and ? and?  and? 

and?

annnnnnnnnnnnd?

this MY baby and this MY baby she can do what she want this MY baby

I gave the hell up. She won. 

After she called me everything but a child of God she called the cops on me. LOL

Moral of the story: Proceed with caution, choose your battles wisely. LOL

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:18pm
i totally sympathize with the person who wrote the letter.

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:33pm
Not the best way to convey their feelings, but I understand and I have been there.

Imagine having to deal with a screaming baby on a flight from Japan to the United States, having to fly with one or more babies a MINIMUM of 12 hours (fortunately or unfortunately, there is no direct flight from Tokyo to Boston).  It's not fun.

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:42pm
they could've easily tried to see if they could switch to a different room first or complained to the resort so sounds like a personal problem. Unless I'm on a vacation specifically to get a break from my child, I wouldnt give two *&%^$#@Es about leaving my child at home just because other guests are bothered. Then again I probably wont go on any vacation with my child while she's a baby anyway *shrugs*

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

they could've easily tried to see if they could switch to a different room first or complained to the resort so sounds like a personal problem. Unless I'm on a vacation specifically to get a break from my child, I wouldnt give two *&%^$#@Es about leaving my child at home just because other guests are bothered. Then again I probably wont go on any vacation with my child while she's a baby anyway *shrugs*

Confused

Not once did you mention the couple with the baby having any responsibility for the hollering child though.....

So the couple with NO baby should pack up all their stuff???

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:45pm

I swear kids shouldn't go to Disney until they are 6^ and can remember it and enjoy the experience. I think taking them before is just a waste of money.

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

that letter is rude.

really? maybe this is why I've never wanted to go LOL

OMG yes...babies ruined Pirates of the Caribbean for me.  

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:47pm

Give me a break apt 46C

Woo-sah.

Oh my gawd. Shocked 
Hold me!!!LOL

Girl YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I swear I lived sandwiched between Mexicans a grip ago. No racist...but it was this sort of carnival music that they blared day and night.

***Doom doom doom da da doom doom doom. On repeat. Lawd. I eventually bounced along to prevent myself from going crazy.

*** It also made me aware of how angry and redundant rap music is LOL

lol @ sandwiched between Mexicans.  But girl I understands ***holds SeducTress closeLOL***  Please let me never have to hear that carnival music - or Bachata - ever again in LIFE.

But I got fed up and played the let's all play loud obnoxious music game with the very same angry and redundant rap music - and some heavy metal thrown in for good measure - you just mentioned.  Been quiet ever since.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:47pm

Confused

Not once did you mention the couple with the baby having any responsibility for the hollering child though.....

I didnt say they shouldn't have responsibility either though. Confused

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:48pm

Confused

Oh okay, I just read it as the solution was for the kidless couple to move and that crying baby in the next room was a personal problem, shrugs shoulders

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:50pm

Confused

Oh okay, I just read it as the solution was for the kidless couple to move and that crying baby in the next room was a personal problem, shrugs shoulders

Also, like I said I wouldnt take my child on a vacation while she's a baby anyway

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:53pm

Confused

Also, like I said I wouldnt take my child on a vacation while she's a baby anyway

I understood what you wrote, but thanks for the clarification.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 6:02pm

On second thought the aforementioned doesn't work on trailer trash/hood mommas

I tried it.... and well, she cursed me out lmaooo

Complete with clapping her hands and repeating herselfDisapprove

And, so what. and ? and?  and?  and? this MY baby this MY baby this MY baby

and ? and?  and? 

and?

annnnnnnnnnnnd?

this MY baby and this MY baby she can do what she want this MY baby

I gave the hell up. She won. 

After she called me everything but a child of God she called the cops on me. LOL

Moral of the story: Proceed with caution, choose your battles wisely. LOL

These are the folx that let little Billie run up and down and then wanna sue everybody in tarnation when he slips and cracks his head open.  I'm testifying yes y'all I saw the whole thing little Billie shoulda had his ass sitting down then he wouldn't have that big ass crack in his fo'head.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 6:06pm
if they could hear the baby, they probably could hear fuccin too. or any number of things adults do. 
i'm wondering what type of adult noises would have caused them to write a letter vs. complain to the mgm't ? 
just because it's a baby it's different? i don't get it. 

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

if they could hear the baby, they probably could hear fuccin too. or any number of things adults do. 
i'm wondering what type of adult noises would have caused them to write a letter vs. complain to the mgm't ? 

Babies are cute and cuddly and everyone must love them Confused Popular to what some moms believe everyone aint sipping that brand of similac thinking though. you did the phucking, you had the fun , YOU should control what happens after.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 6:11pm

sex is over in 10 minutes.  LOL

i hear my neighbor sexin some Mexican chick every now and then bc she likes to scream...and it doesn't last too long.  listening to other people snore or babies crying all night is much worse.  what if the couple who left the note were trying to have vacation sex over that crying baby?  now that's a boner killer.  

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 6:14pm

I bet parents with a chair kicking, screaming, running around toddler would have no hesitation about complaining about this.  "Little Sally is listening can you keep it down?"Ermm

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 6:17pm

Babies are cute and cuddly and everyone must love them Confused Popular to what some moms believe everyone aint sipping that brand of similac thinking though. you did the phucking, you had the fun , YOU should control what happens after.

but how does that explain how a baby crying is different from any other noise humans make when they are in their own sleeping quarters? like seriously, when i'm on vacation i enjoy myself, a few times when i was much younger the hotel staff had to come to our room and tell us to calm downEmbarrassed.. but never once have i ever received a letter slipped under my door. i couldn't even imagine, it's like damn, you laid in bed mad all night hearing me party and get my brains knocked out and decided the best you could do was write an angry note?LOL hilarious. 
i just find that behavior odd as hell.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 6:17pm
They could've saved that long ASS letter and complained to management.

I know its not so easy to calm a crying child so I can see both sides but I don't think the parents were enjoying the crying either.

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 6:19pm
& i don't argue that people have the right to complain to mgm't about the noise, it's the note that's weird.

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 6:19pm
Oh well. The real problem is y complain after the fact? Lil b*tch.

I have a baby, and I still can't stand crying babies. But that's life. It happens.

Print Page | Close Window