Forum Description: Discussions on Lace Fronts
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368885
Printed Date: Oct 16 2019 at 9:35am

Topic: thinning units
Posted By: miana79
Subject: thinning units
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 5:34pm

What do you do with them??

I have 18" silk top that seems to be thinning in the back, like it looks kinda sparse when I curl it up.. the silk top section seems fine. How can I fill it out??

Replies:
Posted By: hennared
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 6:04pm
These are the options (I have done them all) as I see it:

1) add tracks (preferably skin wefts or hand tieds.

2) if the loss is focused in one area (like the crown), I have been known to butcher closures of hair that matches and cut and paste (not for the faint of heart!)

3) sent it to the vendor you purchased from and have them ventilate in more hair.. and expect to wait 4 weeks at least to get it back

4) (I am working in this!) learn how to ventilate yourself and add hair

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 9:43am
Send it back to the vendor. I do this all the time. For $50 they will ventilate and clean your unit so that it looks like brand new. :)

Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 9:13pm
Thanks for the tips guys. I will need to make a decision. I dont see why a perfectly fine unit should go to waste. I am more thinking to add the tracks because sending the unit to them is so much work.

Posted By: hennared
Date Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 5:50am
The thing that sux about sending them back, is, the shipping.  You know they bascially tell you to break the law and sent them back w/o declaring value.. otherwise the CV's won't accept it back (as they don't want to pay the customs fees).   Just makes me nervous.... and shipping with any kind of tracking from the U.S. to China is $$$, both ways... I dunno.  Of course, if the factory ventilates hair in, it is the best fix, but I prefer any other method over that, myself.. it really depends how bad the thinning is an how good the hair is.  If you love the unit and the hair is still in good shape AND the thinning is up top (where you can't add tracks) maybe best to send it in.  But make sure you use tracking and that you trust your vendor! 

Posted By: carrie
Date Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 3:16pm
I usually add tracks.

Posted By: elisa
Date Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 6:40pm
Same with me; add tracks.

Posted By: solicitfashion
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 4:04pm
Dont shoot me but I butcher mine into a closure for sew ins Pinch

Posted By: Traylee
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 4:28pm
I add tracks. It's the simplest, least expensive way to do it.

Posted By: RedWine
Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 7:15pm
I add tracks to a think back and/or add a closure to a thin top.

Date Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 12:55am
I have decided yo add tracks. I went on youtube and looked up how to fix a thinning lace wig and some people on there did their own ventilating. One girl posted her after and it said 10 MONTHS later I was like hell nooo couldnt be me.

Posted By: betyboop
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 7:54am
could someone please show how/where to add tracks?

do you glue?

also, does it tangle with virgin hair on unit?

ty

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:50am
Betty you sew tracks like how you sew a weave in. Part the sew and sew the tracks across.

Posted By: hairluuver
Date Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 9:24pm
Find wefts that match the hair at the top and then sew tracks to it.

Posted By: Lace Lover
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 8:02pm
I have added hair by ventilating, not a perfect job but gave me a few more months on units that I would have thrown away in the past.   Takes some practice but is well worth it.

Posted By: MichaelBussel
Date Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 6:52am
Tend not to think hard about it health supplement, try it out at no cost in addition to return it effortlessly if you don't think it's great.

http://Alpha%20Fuel%20XT - Alpha Fuel XT The actual health supplement is included with users' believe in in addition to offer connected with turned out to be safe in addition to just plant based. http://patch.com/new-jersey/wall/alpha-fuel-xt--review

Posted By: lindygaga
Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 9:55pm
same with me~

Print Page | Close Window