Print Page | Close Window

I dont think this has been discussed

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368884
Printed Date: Dec 12 2017 at 7:55pm


Topic: I dont think this has been discussed
Posted By: zsazsa
Subject: I dont think this has been discussed
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 4:55pm
But basically the story is thi

A black owner of quite a successful bar (ahh memories as I used to go there quite often back in the days) called the Fridge Bar in South London posted on the fridge bar facebook page an open letter to black boys and women to stop making trouble as our bars are being shut because we as a people don't know how to behave. I saw the article this morning in the Daily Mail and felt a way. But when reading the Facebook page, daily mail didn't tell the whole story. I kinda agreed with the woman.

I'm on phone. Can someone please post the letter. It's at the fridge bar facebook page. Thanks



Replies:
Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 4:57pm
Are you telling me that the black across the pond aren't perfect?
Lemme go see if I can find this letter for you.


Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 5:01pm
It felt like she was airing our dirty laundry but so much truth in her words. Mainstream media has picked up the story now and are justified in saying...told you so...coming from the horses mouth that's the different. I really hate typing on phone so forgive mistakes etc. It's tiring typing


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 5:01pm
This?

OK. A controversial post. If you are easily offended then stop reading from here. At Fridge Bar we try to provide an environment where customers can enjoy themselves in peace. We have barred many people for abuse to staff, stopped under 21's from entry, refused to allow certain promoters to use our venue because we know that they attract a certain demographic who are inclined towards disruption of other peoples enjoyment. 

Have you all been noticing what is happening in S London and wider London in general? Here are a list of clubs that have closed down in the past couple of years in S London:- White House, Monseignor, Blue Ice, Iroko, George IV, Telegraph, Veranda, Mass, Babalou, El Penol, Hidden, Mint Bar, Brockwells, Sebastians & Dex. Most have remained closed and the owners have left the business entirely. I know virtually every single owner. Almost every single venue has closed because of violence, the threat of violence, disrespect to their staff and coming to the inevitable conclusion that it is better to close than putting up with that bullsh*t. Venues such as Hidden and Colosseum which is closing soon will tell you of the horrendous problems that they experienced. They are closing due to redevelopment. But speak to the promoters of Circo Loco, AudioWhore or Back to 95'. You might be shocked at what they have to say.

The absolute majority of people who have disrupted theses venues are black men and increasingly some black women. There, I said it. It is true, I have witnessed it and there is both anecdotal and empirical evidence that what I say is true. Venues that have remained open now only allow majority black events if they pay a massive premium and even then they have to complete a 696 form to ascertain whether the police will allow the event to go ahead. Some are now accusing the venues and the police of being 'racist' in their application. Personally I know this to be horsesh*t. Licensing officers in https://www.facebook.com/lambethcommont.senseprojec" rel="nofollow - Lambeth  is in the best shape ever. They are fair, impartial and assist venues who are doing the right thing. 

Unless and until young black people (18-35) learn to conduct themselves in a civil manner then the night time economy will be closed or severely restricted to you. I know some will say that it is a 'minority' doing the damage but I disagree. The minority know that they have the support of the majority who fail to call them out when their behaviour becomes awful. I spoke to the owner yesterday of one of Brixtons best known venues that has had serious problems since Xmas and he has now secretly put the place up for sale. He does not want to be construed as 'racist' by stating the blindingly obvious about where the majority of the trouble is stemming from. So Brixton is on the verge of losing another iconic venue. Some will say that the venues need 'stronger' security. Security staff are now glorified PR men. They have little power and to be honest they are not going to put their lives on the line for £12-£15ph. 

Chris Rock said in a comedy skit that there is a difference between 'black people and Brothas'. There is, but it seems that the decent black people of whom there are many are losing the fight. We need to take back control and start to ostracise the bastards who are giving us all a terrible name. If you are offended, well, I did tell you not to read it. I am not PC..........


Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 5:01pm
Lol thank you sang x


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 5:02pm
I wish people would stop using that Chris Rock joke.
Like seriously. 



Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 5:39pm
They've had to shut down several bars here due to shootings in the parking lot and surrounding neighborhoods and people getting murdered in the hallway. Even a club that had hip hop night only on one day of the week was shut down. Niccas just don't know how to act. Let it be what it is.


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 5:40pm
Man, my favorite black-owned night club out here closed for the exact same reason. The place was still successful and packed at the time it closed but the owner couldn't deal with the constant fights anymore, as it didn't start out that way. That was a while ago, when I still went clubbing on the regular. Let me read that facebook post.


Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Are you telling me that the black across the pond aren't perfect?



LOL

I'm sure it's still AA mens fault though


Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 5:43pm
But I disagree that it is most. It obviously is a minority because if everyone in the club was acting up at once it would be a riot. When one person starts shooting everybody else runs right? It's not like everyone is shooting at once. It's always a few people ruining the fun for everyone.


Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 5:44pm
I don't know how it works in other countries but here they will force a successful business to close due to citations stemming from f*ckery that the owners really have no control over.


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 6:48pm
lol

90% of the time black bar owners dont want to cough up on private security


Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 6:58pm
Afro she followed up on another post talking about security and how they don't really have power. It's on the fb page


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

Afro she followed up on another post talking about security and how they don't really have power. It's on the fb page
then change your door policy

im not buying it to be honest

these guys have a wack door policy

and a wack security to boot

so you say 12-15£/hr ... well seems to me its a trade off, pay them more and you get guys who put in the work

its easy to blame patrons when you operate on a weak policy just to make a dollar



Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 7:01pm
There's a mall here in LA that used to be called Fox Hills Mall...that mall is big and they have space to open a movie theater there but instead youngster spend their time just walking around, or shopping or eating. I asked a friend why they don't bother opening a theater there to bring more $$$$$ and he said it was because it was a black mall and they didn't want to repeat the shooting that happening over Crenshaw or some other movie theater in a mall in mid-city.

So I understand that some blacks misbehave but it sucks that when white youngsters misbehave it is not publicized as much (or they have their parents called and that's it).


Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I don't know how it works in other countries but here they will force a successful business to close due to citations stemming from f*ckery that the owners really have no control over.


I guess in Brazil they don't force business to shut down, they just kick out the troublemakers.
I was trying to find this news that I read about how in Brazil they are forbidding black teenagers to go to the mall. The reason is that they act up and that's why they are being forbidden to go to the mall, unless they are shopping, and being poor, black and a teenager... they can't go inside anymore. There was a video on youtube showing a bunch of them sitting on the floor with their heads down, police around them, and a bunch of people recording and taking pics.

I think it is awful not because of their self-esteem and how those prohibitions will affect them in life, but also because Brazil is hosting the World Cup this year, and the white tourists will see black people being mistreated, and, well, think it is ok to do the same.


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 7:05pm
oh another thing the westend clubs are manned by off duty police/army geezers and there's still problems.. the difference is they are paid more and are effective

these club owners go to the nearest local gym, find the biggest meathead who can pay for his doorman license without training and offer him a gig..

nigguhs lift a lil weight and think they are doormen.. with no training in control and restraint, probably juiced up too.. and nigguhs on juice have egos.

im sorry .. im still not buying her excuses..


Posted By: KottonKandy
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Are you telling me that the black across the pond aren't perfect?



LOL

I'm sure it's still AA mens fault though

of course, cause we know, AA make all the blacks in the diaspora look bad. Big smile


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 7:06pm
another thing they can try is upping the age limit to 25+ and dress code.
it helps.



Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 7:07pm
Two of the black clubs around here closed.
But they were sh*tty anyway.


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I don't know how it works in other countries but here they will force a successful business to close due to citations stemming from f*ckery that the owners really have no control over.


yep. happened to one of my favorite spots in dc back in the day.

eta:  once folks started getting shot in teh parking lot, I couldn't go back anyway. But they were forced to close.


Posted By: yurika975
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 8:45pm
As if whites and other races don't do the same. They do. They just are not stereotyped as all doing it. One white woman does something foul yet they are supposed to be the height of beauty and class. I don't clown like that and can understand wanting it to stop. However racism doesn't exist because of the behavior of some of us. The pres is one of the most educated and yet The most Disrespected due in large part to the black in him.


Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 8:46pm
people getting drunk and acting stupid crosses class and color lines, but the guns in party places like clubs, concerts, picnics, etc definitely need to stop.


Posted By: jayjaynonie
Date Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by yurika975 yurika975 wrote:

As if whites and other races don't do the same. They do. They just are not stereotyped as all doing it. One white woman does something foul yet they are supposed to be the height of beauty and class. I don't clown like that and can understand wanting it to stop. However racism doesn't exist because of the behavior of some of us. The pres is one of the most educated and yet The most Disrespected due in large part to the black in him.


This. I live in an area heavily populated with Latinos. One of my best friends is Latina so I go out with her sometimes. Latino clubs have a lot of fights as well. The last time I went I saw at least 15 guys being taken out by security. BUT Man their security team was on it!!!

Plus I know officers who have provided security for other Latino clubs and they complain that they get sloppy drunk and fight each other. Not only that, they also try to attack the officers. My point is all type of men get violent when drunk, whites as well.

However, Blacks get the negative rep because of our skin color and the stereotypes. To some extent this affects our mentality. We have to consciously realize that yes it's a very serious problem. However it's not something that only blacks do but we get the social stigma because our skin color makes us the most targeted. We have to learn how to solve the problems in our community without negatively generalizing ourselves. (you have an issue with young black men misbehaving because that are the majority of customers and you are too lax with you policies and not aggressive with your security. If you had an all Latino club it would be the same issue)

With that being said, I'm with Afro on this; a very large part of the problem is young immature men, lax door policies, and insufficient security. If you want an upscale environment without the nonsense, you need to have: a strict dress code,a  preferred age (over 25) , an active security force (dial it up a notch by having police officers on site), and etc.


Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 2:56am
Funny, we were in traffic for CIAA and saw security beating a guy on the ground, his gf tried to help and they knocked her ass out too. I'm thinking where is this guys friends? It was pretty sad, the guy kept trying to fight back and they just kept stomping him.


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 3:28am
its about time colosseum shut anyway

needs a serious revamp

i do remember when ezkiel's shut in lewisham, they lit and sliced his ass up something serious

it was never the same


Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 6:00am
welp...3 of the hole in the wall dives I've been going to since i was in college...are still open...lmaoooo


Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 8:06am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

They've had to shut down several bars here due to shootings in the parking lot and surrounding neighborhoods and people getting murdered in the hallway. Even a club that had hip hop night only on one day of the week was shut down. Niccas just don't know how to act. Let it be what it is.
 
 
this. it's fucced up but it's true.  I've seen a few bars come in go in black areas in Boston.  Some shut down not even 6 months after the "Grand Opening".   Anytime when I ask my boy what ever happened to...he'll just say "Grand Opening, Grand closing" as a way of saying nig.guhs was out of order, somebody got shot/fighting etc and the sh*t got closed down. Sorry...certain...demographics have a way of attracting trouble.
 
U don't get that kind of trouble (usually) at a lounge.


Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 8:10am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

There's a mall here in LA that used to be called Fox Hills Mall...that mall is big and they have space to open a movie theater there but instead youngster spend their time just walking around, or shopping or eating. I asked a friend why they don't bother opening a theater there to bring more $$$$$ and he said it was because it was a black mall and they didn't want to repeat the shooting that happening over Crenshaw or some other movie theater in a mall in mid-city.

So I understand that some blacks misbehave but it sucks that when white youngsters misbehave it is not publicized as much (or they have their parents called and that's it).
 
 
I remember Fox Hills Mall.  What is it called now?


Posted By: cicision
Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 8:55am
Funny I think this really happens everywhere, In Amsterdam we have a few black parties and they are always heavily secured and there is the same stigma of blacks always starting fights etc but it is usually after the party ends. I just think that the combination of liqor and big egos ruins it.


Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 9:27am
I can agree about the security but I remember having had a thread and clubs and dress codes and it was deemed racist.


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 11:21am
the dress code thing works for real. 
i have legit seen men and women when i was early 20s refuse to go to clubs because they couldn't wear jeans or sneakers. not saying they were violent type but they were most def on the ratchet side of the trackLOL

oh, another thing that works is high covers for men, like $20. people don't actually want to act a fool if they payed $20 to get in, and the male to female ratio has to be on point because men start acting an ass when they are hating on dudes getting women and they are standing around looking.


Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 11:35am
stop serving alcohol


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 11:52am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

stop serving alcohol


That wouldn't work. That's how most club make their money. Out here black crowds are known to consume less than their white counterparts so it already cuts into profits. Add to that a ratchet crowd and constant fighting and you're done.


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:04pm
yeah i've only seen strip clubs get away without serving alcohol. that's because they have "other" income streams LOL



Print Page | Close Window