Print Page | Close Window

Here we go again...To miscarry or not to miscarry

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368855
Printed Date: Jul 20 2019 at 8:56am

Topic: Here we go again...To miscarry or not to miscarry
Posted By: queencocobrown
Subject: Here we go again...To miscarry or not to miscarry
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 11:13am
PERSONAL AND SENSITIVE SUBJECT....PLEASE BE ADVISED
Ying Yang

On Tuesday, I took a pregnancy test at work (yeahhh..I was impatient) and it was positive. Since I was feeling a bit crampy (specifically on my left side) I was nervous and I made an appointment with my doctor the next day since I have history of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage. A couple of hours later, I decided to go to the hospital because it was getting a bit more noticeable. Long story short, I started to bleed, I expelled a clot and they said that I miscarried. They even went so far to tell me that the baby was no longer in the sac. I went today to follow up with my regular Dr and he tells me that the baby/something is still in the sack. He gave me progesterone, took my blood and told me to go back in 2 days. Now, I am confused as hell. The only determining factor will be the blood work tomorrow. So, I am hoping for the best. I am just happy I didn't get a d&c done but what else would cause me to clot and bleed?? Currently, I am not bleeding and over all, I didn't bleed much. Just pretty much passed the clot and the bleeding subsided after that. Any thoughts or advice?? Any similar situations??

Replies:
Posted By: lexis83
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 11:51am

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 11:53am
Bleeding is common in early pregnancy. How many weeks are you?

Posted By: reesegurl11
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 11:58am
I would wait it out because I have seen women who thought they miscarried and went back two weeks later with a baby and a beating heart. Sometimes you can clot and bleed due to implantation and also you can become pregnant with twins and lose one.

I had a missed miscarriage and I went to two doctors to make absolute certain my baby no longer had a heart beat then I had a D&C I then got pregnant with my next baby a month later and this time I started to bleed but it turned out to be a SCH bleed which stayed with me for almost the entire pregnancy. If you want a baby my advice is to wait it out, some babies developed slowly.

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 12:00pm
spotting happens in early preg sometimes. I dont think passing a clot is normal though. If its early on, you could very well have miscarried.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 12:02pm
I am supposedly 6 weeks but my doctor said that because of my irregular periods, its also possible that I ovulated late too. I just want to find out what is going on once and for all. This is quite depressing.

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 12:05pm
Hug

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 12:08pm
Ok I don't think you can see the baby on an ultrasound in 6 weeks. If they see the sac in your uterus you might still be pregnant.
I am guessing they are testing your hcg levels to see if they are rising or falling. I hoping for the best for you!

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 12:11pm
wouldnt a blood test clear up the uncertainty? 

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 12:14pm
My Dr did check for the hcg (hormone levels) via blood test. The results will be in tomorrow. At the hospital, they said that my hcg level was 6, 568 (which is either really high or the norm for the amount of weeks that i am pregnant (5 or 6 weeks). I just want to get this over with. If it has risen, their is hope. If it hasn't, then I will know that i have miscarried. If I am still pregnant, I am going to make certain to find out what caused that bleeding and how would it affect the baby. This is my main concern.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 12:20pm
If you are pregnant then the bleeding can very well be left over from implantation and yes it can still be clots. I was 16 weeks when I bled and I had clots and he is now a wild two year old running around. There is a website on misdiagnosed miscarriages if you want to google it and read some stories that's what helped me through my worries when I thought I was losing my little guy. I know how nerve wrecking it can be

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by reesegurl11 reesegurl11 wrote:

If you are pregnant then the bleeding can very well be left over from implantation and yes it can still be clots. I was 16 weeks when I bled and I had clots and he is now a wild two year old running around. There is a website on misdiagnosed miscarriages if you want to google it and read some stories that's what helped me through my worries when I thought I was losing my little guy. I know how nerve wrecking it can be

mercyShocked, I wouldve been so scared

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 1:53pm
Yes, 16 weeks is very far along. I would have lost my mind as well. I am just hoping for the best. I am currently looking at all of the stories discussing misdiagnosed miscarriages. Scary stuff.

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 1:58pm
I would just wait for hcg levels...same thing happened to me last yr but i end up losing the baby at 9wks. I was spotting the entire 9wks and at my 5wk sono there was a heartbeat. When i went back at 8wks i had some blood drawn and they told me that i still had hcg levels as if i was still 5 wks about 3 days later i miscarried...I am crossing my fingers for you

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:01pm
Thank you hun and I am sorry for your loss. Hug

Posted By: Bonjour baby ooowee
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 4:08pm
may the Lord watch over & bless you young ladies to one day move into a healthy & safe pregnancy amen

Posted By: Mz. Mocha
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 4:57pm
In the meantime get a lot of rest and I know it's hard but try not to stress. Hoping for the best

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 5:12pm
OP I feel your pain. I started bleeding and passed a clot with my first child. The nurses kept sayin that I miscarried but I still felt like someone was in there. Ionno maybe womans' intuition. But anyways I refused to get the D and C. And I had a healthy baby boy. Don't make a hasty decision if you don't have to.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 5:18pm
sorry here that. I took the pill they gave me.
I hope it is different for you.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 5:56pm
wow @ petiteone that is crazy. I hope I have the same fate. I am so nervous right now. I called the Doctors office but they do not have the results yet. I am in straight panic mode.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 6:51am
Well, went to the doctor yesterday and my hcg has gone up in 1 day from 6580 to 7779...I am a bit concerned because I know it should double within 2-3 days. It was only one day. So,  cant really tell if it's good or bad. Also, we saw a heartbeat but it was low. She said I measured at 5 weeks and baby has a heart rate of 103. I am technically supposed to be Salomo 7 weeks. Perhaps I Ovulated late. Even though the news is better than I thought, I am still worried. I have slight cramping still. I just hope all works out...I have to admit though, this is some kind of miracle.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 7:21am
Yey they found a heartbeat! That's great news. That's a determined little one. Wishing you the best! Start taking a prenatal vitamin or at least folic acid if you haven't already. This is a very critical stage for the baby's development.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 10:56am
Thanks Miley Tongue

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 11:23am
Hoping for the best

Posted By: LilMissSunshine
Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 9:38pm
HCG levels up and a heartbeat! I think you're still pregnant! Get plenty of rest and try to get rid of all stressors.

Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 11:35pm
Yay! I'm happy for you, the little one could just be getting started and yes you could have ovulated late. I will keep you and the little bean in my thoughts try to remain positive

Date Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 8:33am
Great! Keep stress levels low....

Print Page | Close Window