Print Page | Close Window

Is Gay Pride Parade too much for the kids?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368848
Printed Date: Sep 23 2018 at 1:31pm

Topic: Is Gay Pride Parade too much for the kids?
Posted By: newdiva1
Subject: Is Gay Pride Parade too much for the kids?
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:31am
So we were just having a conversation about how gay folks are mad because the Irish Parade to be held in South Boston won't allow them to participate. Please note that this parade is privately funded by the folks participating.  So antyways....gay folks are mad about it.  This led to talks of the gay pride parade.   My boss was saying that he and his wife went to the Pride parade some years back and he was disgusted.  He said because dudes were walking around with tight, tight booty shorts, those S&M costumes where they wear leather pannies and hoods with whips and chains and the like and he was like....but children are here. 

Which led to the question that even tho children and teens participate and come to this parade...is it really appropriate?  I have to admit...from what i've seen of the parade...there were a few times I thought that children should not be here.  I mean...from what i've heard and seen...parents are  encouraged to bring their children to Pride.

and lastly ...do these types of images lend credence to the thought that gay folks are all kinds "freaks"?    Yeah...I know plenty of straight folks that are freaks too but we gone go head and talk about how some gay folks are putting their sexual freakiness in the streets when it comes to the Pride parade.

thoughts?

Replies:
Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:38am
yes, it's inappropriate for kids because a lot of the floats have adult themes going on but no it doesn't prove that all gays are freaks because every float and participant is not in assless chaps...doing aids walks, being around thousands of gays at a time you can see that they're just normal ppl...but ugh why do the nude ones and assless chap ones always have to be the gross guys with handle bar mustaches or prepubescent looking twinks.

But just to add, gay pride is once a year...on Halloween I see heterosexuals looking like 2 dollar whores all weekend and guys dressed as penises.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:43am
they go all out in them parades...why would they encourage children to be there? 

lol they used to have a small one in my old neighborhood...i was new there so i didnt know. i just came home...and was like..Shocked i dont think i was old enough to see that stuff. lol.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:46am
I think carnivals in general due to the nekkidness are bad for kids

Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:50am
I've seen FB pics of girls at gay parades that had me Sick Whats with so many young "straight" women going to gay parades and taking pictures with trannies and drag queens all over them.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 3:30am
nah its not appropriate for kids at all and I don't mind at all

Too bad I gotta work when gay pride comes *sigh*

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 3:34am
LOLConfused people are really bringing kids?

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 8:10am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Girl sh*d.  I take the Friday and Monday off every year so I can dance and be merry all weekend without having to worry about going to nobody's work.LOL

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

LOLConfused people are really bringing kids?

yup.  U got gay and straight parents that bring the kids and you got kids walking/riding bike/riding tricycles/being pushed in stroller the route...for the gay marriage/adoption etc floats.

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 8:22am
Yes and no. The concept? No. Equality and acceptance/tolerance can be taught early.

The execution? Yes. While I realize it's not everyone, some parades/floats/patrons (I'm kinda looking at you, club twinks, bears and leather community-- not fair on my part) tend to use and feature adult themes.

I would fully understand parents thinking the latter is not a good look.

Barring then from the Irish parade is another thing and wrong to me. While it may be their privately funded right, there are gay Irish people. Why not let them pony up the money and participate? It comes across as though the people holding the parade are operating from the view of a stereotype and pulling the monolith card. Not cool, man.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 8:26am
I wouldn't want fags being half nekkid in my parade either. 

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 8:34am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Yes and no. The concept? No. Equality and acceptance/tolerance can be taught early.

The execution? Yes. While I realize it's not everyone, some parades/floats/patrons (I'm kinda looking at you, club twinks, bears and leather community-- not fair on my part) tend to use and feature adult themes.

I would fully understand parents thinking the latter is not a good look.

Barring then from the Irish parade is another thing and wrong to me. While it may be their privately funded right, there are gay Irish people. Why not let them pony up the money and participate? It comes across as though the people holding the parade are operating from the view of a stereotype and pulling the monolith card. Not cool, man.

I did bring that up but was tole that the Irish for the most part and super Catholics so they don't condone(?) the gays and don't want them participating.  *shrugs*  "If the gay Irish want to have a parade they can put their moneys together, get a permit and have their own".   This from an Irish person on my job.

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 8:50am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I did bring that up but was tole that the Irish for the most part and super Catholics so they don't condone(?) the gays and don't want them participating.  *shrugs*  "If the gay Irish want to have a parade they can put their moneys together, get a permit and have their own".   This from an Irish person on my job.
So is it an Irish parade, a Catholic parade or an Irish Catholic parade? Cause while it's common, one doesn't necessarily mean the other. Will there be Irish Protestants there?   

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:03am
No, it's not from what I heard. I have never been to one. I was suppose to canvass there a long time ago, but I told them I was uncomfortable(idgaf about working in gay parade) so I got paid not being in the sun which was the real reason i was uncomfortable LOL

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:12am
It would be inappropriate for my child...but so would the West Indian day parade or the puerto rican one. Folks stay doing too much.

Now the Rose Parade...that's kid friendly.

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:18am
Yes it is....from what I have seen on tv. Its too sexual.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:36am
Yes it would inappropriate if its anything like that pride parade in NY I attended 2 years ago.
I have some pics of my child aunt biting a random person butt cheek I saw many, many things but it was so entertaining

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:40am

But just to add, gay pride is once a year...on Halloween I see heterosexuals looking like 2 dollar whores all weekend and guys dressed as penises.
[/QUOTE]

This so true since this winter seems to be hanging around Im scared for what I will see this summer in NY   

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:56am
No child of mine (hypothetical cuz I don't have or want kids), would step foot near the gay parade. A lot of the costumes are extremely inappropriate for children to see. It has nothing to do with the patrons' sexualities.

I wouldn't let my child any where near Black Biker's Week or Memorial Day weekend in Miami either. It's more about the acts and attire they might see, not the sexuality.

As for the freaks part, SOME are freaks but ain't nothing wrong with that. So are a lot of heterosexuals.

Let your freak flag fly...just not around the kiddies.

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:07am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

This.

and i dislike how gays feel the need to be all super nasty about their lifestyle/sexuality...

you can have a gay parade without all that extraness.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:10am
Yes...because I refuse to explain what Dikes on Bikes means to my kid....lmao

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

This.

and i dislike how gays feel the need to be all super nasty about their lifestyle/sexuality...

What's nasty about it?

I seen those dancehalls. Niqqas jumping from building to hump the sh*t out of women on the floor. If that aint super nasty....lol

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:48am

This.

What's nasty about it?
EVERYTHING

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

they go all out in them parades...why would they encourage children to be there? 

lol they used to have a small one in my old neighborhood...i was new there so i didnt know. i just came home...and was like..Shocked i dont think i was old enough to see that stuff. lol.

Yeah, that scene is much too rough kids. First time I saw it too, my eyes nearly popped out of my head. I didn't notice kids though

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:49am
BB you know how hot mess Chicago Pride is.....

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:49am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

This.

What's nasty about it?
EVERYTHING

And hetersexuals parades aren't? Yall be sipping tea and sh*t on the floats?

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 10:54am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I never seen a chicago pride but I'll be sure to check it out on youtube LOL

The one in philly seems very tame. The only "nasty" thing I seen was old men with thongs lol

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 11:05am
yea i think gay pride parades are too much for small children, tbh.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 11:21am

The one in philly seems very tame. The only "nasty" thing I seen was old men with thongs lol

I thought you lived in my city...im getting you confused with someone else.....the queens come out in full force.....its fun as hell but not a place for kids.

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 11:27am
the nyc gay pride parade aint nothing nice

i've been going for years but i'd go ham if i found out my kids were going

i don't want my kids at any kind of nyc parade to be honest, all new york city parades are soddom and gomorrah

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 11:42am

This.

What's nasty about it?

I seen those dancehalls. Niqqas jumping from building to hump the sh*t out of women on the floor. If that aint super nasty....lol

Yes, thats nasty too.

I dont need to see nobody's grimy asscrack in daisy dukes and nobody dry humping and sucking out each other's mouths in the name of a parade. 

Public displays of lewdness is unneccessary and distasteful to me. Its distasteful from heteros, and the same applies to gays. 

Be it a parade a sunday afternoon in the park, or in the dancehall keep that ish away from kids and those who didnt ask to see it.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 12:12pm

This.

And let's keep it 100, 2 men making out and acting freaky together is nastyx10....nobody wanna see that sh*t

Posted By: juniper angel
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 1:51pm
Lol word

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:16pm

I thought you lived in my city...im getting you confused with someone else.....the queens come out in full force.....its fun as hell but not a place for kids.

Nah I'm from pa lol I wish they would come out full force here. They lackin and boring !

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:17pm

This.

What's nasty about it?

Yes, thats nasty too.

I dont need to see nobody's grimy asscrack in daisy dukes and nobody dry humping and sucking out each other's mouths in the name of a parade. 

Public displays of lewdness is unneccessary and distasteful to me. Its distasteful from heteros, and the same applies to gays. 

Be it a parade a sunday afternoon in the park, or in the dancehall keep that ish away from kids and those who didnt ask to see it.

lmao oh okay I got you

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

This.

And let's keep it 100, 2 men making out and acting freaky together is nastyx10....nobody wanna see that sh*t

Then don't go to a GAY parade. It's as simple as that.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:19pm
I went to Macy's in Sf one day forgetting about GP parade, and it is definitely not for children even with the best explanation you could give.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:21pm

This.

you straight freaky promiscuous men and gay freaky promiscuous men are exactly the same...the only difference is that gay men don't have to bullsh*t to get into the draws and pretend to be interested in talking about anything other than sex bc they're dealing with men just like them.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:24pm

Girl sh*d.  I take the Friday and Monday off every year so I can dance and be merry all weekend without having to worry about going to nobody's work.LOL

I missed this. My bad !

Lamp

I should take off!! Great idea Big smile I always wanted to enjoy the weekend events during gay parade

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:25pm
San fran pride is the bestest
and yea.. definitely not for kids..
some cities might be a lot more tame 

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:27pm
my mom is so homophobic and she used to supervise at the Castro and Powell stations...during gay pride and folsom street fair she is like a different person.  she gets off work and has to drink.  i've never seen her drunk in my life, but gays bring something out of her.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

This.

you straight freaky promiscuous men and gay freaky promiscuous men are exactly the same...the only difference is that gay men don't have to bullsh*t to get into the draws and pretend to be interested in talking about anything other than sex bc they're dealing with men just like them.
Ain't u in GayTL? U better make sure ur man ain't lying to you.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 3:17pm

Ain't u in GayTL? U better make sure ur man ain't lying to you.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

So is it an Irish parade, a Catholic parade or an Irish Catholic parade? Cause while it's common, one doesn't necessarily mean the other. Will there be Irish Protestants there?   

chile iono.  I didn't even know they had a parade until today.LOL

Print Page | Close Window