Print Page | Close Window

Random Hair Thoughts!

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368795
Printed Date: Nov 21 2017 at 4:55am

Topic: Random Hair Thoughts!
Posted By: Mixer
Subject: Random Hair Thoughts!
Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 9:51pm
Geek

Replies:
Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 9:52pm
I didn't want to do this but I had to. 

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 9:53pm
just did a hot oil treatment
currently sitting here with a plastic bag on my head
wash day tomorrow 

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 9:58pm
Rocking my sew in bob getting good growth.....finna rotate these track refresh my color and go a lil shorter.....will do a apogee two step before I reinstall.

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 9:58pm
who one starred this thread?

anywho my natural hair is getting on my nerves... I'm contemplating dipping in that creamy crack

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 9:59pm
Rocking a non-detangled lopsided-every-which-way-puff and end up seeing my friend for the first time in a couple years (just poppped up on a chick). Both he and his friend ask if it's all mine, its not even that big. Possible answers: men are clueless, women wear too many extensions or men are clueless. SMDH

Thank the lord it was soft and smelling good cause he touched itSmile He's never seen me without extensions/wig etc etc

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

LOL

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:00pm
I bought a TON of these a while back but I haven't used them yet. Yeah old school I know. If you scrunch/break the crimps apart maybe it will give sort of a water wave look.

You can see the crimps in her leave out to the left of the pic. I want to do this all over my head. 

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:01pm

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:04pm

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

LOL

lol spill it

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:06pm

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:08pm
I love your hair liesnalibis

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:08pm
Why are these $76?

I have sooo many knockoff curlformers. I want these to do a roller wrap. They are extra large and wide. I want them the biggest they come.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111030803380?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=410164444529&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT" rel="nofollow - http://www.ebay.com/itm/111030803380?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=410164444529&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:09pm
Thanks MD!

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:11pm
I want to get a trim and twists but i just cant with the hairdresser's in Jamaica. Can someone please point me to a salon that not only has the styling technique but the healthy hair technique too (the use of rattail combs/blowdryer on natural hair needs to stop. Went to Beautiful Earth and for the way they act bougie online i would have never expected the level of ratchetry SHAMEFUL

Supposed to try Jus Natural but i find their prices to be high and dear Jesus H. Christ better help them if i dont like the service, for I'm burning them down.

I feel like my hair's too short now to have twist (major set back twice, my fault) but i hate extensions (twists) even though I've only worn them since being a big girl. I cant get to my ends in them, whenever i moisturise (rubbing it product) it just frizzes my twists *deep sight*

Star, i saw that.

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:13pm
My face is too fat right now for me to go too short.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:15pm
why...? theres a random thoughts in each hair section.. 

you could have given your random thoughts in the random thoughts thread here.. or there… 

next I'm gonna make a random eating thoughts thread.. and random clothes thoughts thread.. and whatever other thoughts might possibly come. different threads for each possible thought topic. 

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:16pm
Welp.

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:17pm

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

why...? theres a random thoughts in each hair section.. 

you could have given your random thoughts in the random thoughts thread here.. or there… 

next I'm gonna make a random eating thoughts thread.. and random clothes thoughts thread.. and whatever other thoughts might possibly come. different threads for each possible thought topic. 
LOL

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:19pm
I want this hair. But too much f*ckery is involved in the weave business these days.

http://www.curlgenetics.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.curlgenetics.com/

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:21pm

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:22pm

i want some quality kinky curly for my next install/u-part

im gonna keep my natural hair braided/low maintence

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:26pm

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:29pm

I've long wanted to make my own personal random thoughts thread. LOL

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:29pm

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:30pm

Blue black tips.

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

love. I wore my wig like this today. with my hair out at hairline and part

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:35pm
make it purple

we can have 6 random thoughts threads on the first page 
im gonna make a few too 

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:35pm

make it purple

we can have 6 random thoughts threads on the first page 
im gonna make a few too 

LOL

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:40pm
 i'm so damn low maintenance that i've thought about chopping this ish off and keeping it that way. locks have also been a passing thought lately. are locks low maintenance? 

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:42pm
This is an interesting way to do a roller set (rolling upwards instead of under). I will try it though.

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:46pm
I don't understand how the saran wrap don't add moisturer to your hair

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:48pm
She did the same thing. All these youtubers do it copy each other.

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:49pm
Was that the look she was going for...looked better...before the doobie.

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

I don't understand how the saran wrap don't add moisturer to your hair

I've always wondered that too. I've never tried it but a lot of people do it though.

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:54pm
I thought everyone rolled up/back..

I need to cut off some inches.

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 11:05pm
I like the different looks you can get with flexirods

Stretched out

Or fro

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 11:11pm
^Omg it's zippity doo dah! Home girl is a trip.LOL

I tried a mini wash n go and the shrinkage was real. Below bra strap but above shoulder length when dry. I could feel the tangles starting so I pinned it up.

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

^Omg it's zippity doo dah! Home girl is a trip.LOL

Oh yeah I love me some peeks!

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 11:32pm

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 11:39pm

I bought a TON of these a while back but I haven't used them yet. Yeah old school I know. If you scrunch/break the crimps apart maybe it will give sort of a water wave look.

You can see the crimps in her leave out to the left of the pic. I want to do this all over my head. 

nevermind.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 11:43pm

this is beautiful. i would love to have purple ones.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 11:55pm

She did the same thing. All these youtubers do it copy each other.

how are you gonna do your hair and it looks old?
Sandy is right--her hair looked better before she wrapped it

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 12:02am
I need to wash my hair but my hair is so stretched right now....I don't feel like going back to day 1 shrinkage Cry

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 12:11am
This is the vid I meant to post. She rolled her hair upwards to. For some reason if I tried this I think it would amount to disaster.

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 12:12am
LoL what newdiva? I was just talking about the part where she crimped her real hair, no comment on the rest.

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 12:14am
I wanna do some yarn braids but that's like a two month commitment.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 1:20am

LoL what newdiva? I was just talking about the part where she crimped her real hair, no comment on the rest.

LOL I had just asked where you got your crimpers but then decided let me just try google again now that I had a brand name to go on.  I was actually at the sally's looking for some just this morning. I had thought that there were none to be found nowhere. Back in the day my braider used to use these to crimp my "individuals". I had googled some time ago and google said that there were none to be found in these days and times....except for the metal finger wave makers.

eta: sally's ain't got none.  ended up purchasing some from a beauty supply online.

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 4:19am
I got mine from ebay. There ain't nothing you can't get on there.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 5:47am
I want highlights or something..
Maybe not.
I would really hate to go to a stylist and they jack my color up.

I have havana twists in now

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 5:53am
CharyJay's hair made me want color for the first time in my life. Still not gonna do it though. Meh I have hair chalk.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 5:57am
You've made beautiful progress lies.

Your hair looks so juicy and thick.

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 5:59am
I like how my twist n curl came out. I feel very Marsha Ambrosius. But I'm sure I'll wash it out at the end of the day and redo it on clean hair. My scalp hates me.

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:00am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

You've made beautiful progress lies.

Your hair looks so juicy and thick.

Thank you jones! 

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:43am
My twist n curl set. I left the rollers in for two days but I didn't have to. 

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 7:01am
coco you a mess

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 7:09am
Nice Liesnalibis!

Outta the blue, I have a couple of inches of borderline straight hair in the very front of my head. Luckily, it's only the ends but it's still weird.

I cut off all my relaxed hair over two years ago, and haven't used direct heat in about six months.

It is right where my leave out usually is...I guess it could be old heat damage I just never noticed ...just weird I didn't really notice it til yesterday.

Glad it's only a couple of inches of ends.

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 7:26am
Why do People SAVE weave hair when they know when the time comes they are just going to BUY MORE!

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 7:30am
Embarrassed

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 8:14am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Why do People SAVE weave hair when they know when the time comes they are just going to BUY MORE!

I buy more because for certain styles I need the hair uncut so when my stylist layers it the cut is fresh. The hair I save depending how much I have and how long it is get either experimented on with color or curly perms. If its long I save it for another install like bobs to trendy cuts.....I may color a piece and have it added to my bangs....

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 10:19pm
I decided not to wash my hair after all. I didn't pineapple bur I lifted the side I was lying on before I put my head down. I'ma wear this style out before I wash it.

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 10:21pm
YASSSSS star i was looking for this.

I just just found a not fully untwisted twist in my hair LOLOLOL

I have about 3-5 kinda corkscrew-y curls in my head whenever i run my hands through my hair and happen upon them I'm always pleasantly surprised.

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 4:21am
I think I'm gonna wear my hair like this for a while. I can't believe how loose and soft it feels. I almost feel like I got "good hair" lol. I never understood my cousin who pretty much refused to leave her house without setting her hair until now.

I wanted to go to Beauty Mart and get some smaller flexirods but I won't, at least not now. These are the perfect size.

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 4:29am
LoL but isn't she though? She reminds me of my aunt. LOL

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 4:55am
I like how they're expressing two clearly opposing viewpoints while politely pretending to agree. (starting at like 18:20) The app makers are not representing their product well. They could have come on this show representing better than this.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 6:07am
i kinda feel weird talking to TTT people about hair. 

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 6:09am
Well get over it tatee!

Why doesn't a company come out with some shelf stable flax seed gel? I refuse to make it! 

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 6:12am
To say her hair isn't long or loose, she has hella followers. She is my hair twin. I could get in her head and know exactly what I'm doing and vice versa.

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 6:22am
How do y'all feel about hair accessories in natural hair? Are they childish?

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 6:23am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

I remember creme of nature's detangling shampoo from my relaxed days...I wonder if it has sulphatesDisapprove

Creme of Nature revamped their whole line in the past few years. I heard it sucks now. 

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 6:24am
yet another reason i hate alphanumeric hair typing.  this chick has the most defined coils ive ever seen yet shes calling herself 4c.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-IfaeE__Y8" rel="nofollow - video

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 6:27am
I think she's a heavily gelled 4a trying to sell a dream.

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 6:30am
This is 4c to me. It separates into those Sideshow Bob patches. A very unique hair type. That's why I think Naturalme4c is really 4b because her hair doesn't separate and lie down like that. To me 4b is the true stereotypical "Afro" hair.

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 6:38am

I remember creme of nature's detangling shampoo from my relaxed days...I wonder if it has sulphatesDisapprove

Creme of Nature revamped their whole line in the past few years. I heard it sucks now. 

We have the original here, fresh bottles all day errydayTongue It's made here and a country staple they say so no pulling it from the market.Clap So we have both the original and the Organic lines

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 6:39am
it just so much more to go into hair then that stupid system.  people keep talking about 4c hair like it really tells you anything.  i think a lot of people have it into their heads that 4c means hard to comb "cant get a comb through it 4c".  my niece has virtually no curl pattern yet her hair is soft like cotton.  it actually even looks like cotton.  anyone looking at her hair would imagine that it would be hard to comb but  combs glide through like silk and it never tangles. 

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

We have the original here, fresh bottles all day errydayTongue It's made here and a country staple they say so no pulling it from the market.Clap So we have both the original and the Organic lines

Wow you should open an ebay store. LOL A lot of women out here fienin for that old school Creme of Nature.

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 6:46am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

it just so much more to go into hair then that stupid system.  people keep talking about 4c hair like it really tells you anything.  i think a lot of people have it into their heads that 4c means hard to comb "cant get a comb through it 4c".  my niece has virtually no curl pattern yet her hair is soft like cotton.  it actually even looks like cotton.  anyone looking at her hair would imagine that it would be hard to comb but  combs glide through like silk and it never tangles. 

I completely agree. Naptural85 has 4a hair that is silky, and Toyaboo has silky 4c imo. So even though Toyaboo's coils are tighter than mine her hair is way more pliable and manageable. Naptural85 calls her hair tightly coiled and frizzy which is of course all she knows but she has no idea what people out here are going through. LOL My cousin swore to God her hair was gonna be like Naptural85 when she big chopped. Oh what a rude awakening that was (the one who refuses to leave her house with her hair in it's natural state). 

I think me and my sister are both 4b but it's pretty obvious her hair is more manageable than mine.

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 6:58am
I don't get why people shave their sides/undercut. You could mimic that look with a full head of hair without being stuck with it for the next year.

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 7:01am
This was the most horridable thing Rihanna's ever done. I understand she's that bitch and all that, but everyone has limitations.

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 7:27am
Going to buy me some deep conditioner

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 9:17am
My hair is verrrry similar to hers as well. Yeah this is my real hair twin. 

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 9:22am
I'm laughing but...

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 9:44am
The other thread made me think of this but why do people order kinky straight and all different types of yaki and fret over the texture they expect when they ultimately flat iron it or curl it completely smooth anyway? What am I missing?

"I got some new coarse yaki. OMG it flat irons beautifully!"

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 9:51am
 i looked at your question and was like what hell is yakiLOL thanx bingWink

All About Yaki Hair

(Yaki) is a hair texture that is designed to look and feel like African American Hair (Black Hair) that has been through a processing to make their own hair straight. This processing is called relaxing. Though the hair can come in a straight form, it is not design for Caucasian or other nationalities of non-African decent.

There are 4 types of Yaki hair textures some people may refer to differently

Silky Yaki/ Light Yaki/ Yaki Straight

This type of Yaki is very close to the silky straight hair but if you look closely you can see the Yaki/ micro kink in the hair. This type of Yaki looks like African American's hair after it has been freshly relaxed and flat-ironed bone straight. You can find an example of this texture by clicking http://www.pinklacewigs.com/product.asp?itemid=646" rel="nofollow - Yaki/ Regular Yaki

Another texture of Yaki is called Yaki or Regular. This Yaki is made to look like the typical African American hair that has been relaxed and is not as silky as the previously mentioned Yaki. You can find an example of this texture by clicking http://www.pinklacewigs.com/product.asp?itemid=441" rel="nofollow - Kinky Yaki/ Kinky Straight

Kinky Yaki hair looks more like African American hair that has not been relaxed but has just been blow dried straight instead. It is also very thick, fluffy and natural looking. You can find an example of this texture by clicking http://www.pinklacewigs.com/product.asp?itemid=699" rel="nofollow - Kinky Curl

Kinky Curl looks and feels like African American hair that has not been relaxed or blown dry straight. Kinky Curl looks like NATURAL African American hair that has not been through any chemical processing and the hair has very tight curls. You can find an example of this texture by clicking http://www.pinklacewigs.com/product.asp?itemid=657" rel="nofollow -

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 9:58am
they dont always flat iron it. (ilke everyday)

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 9:58am

Why that website's kinky curly look like a braid out? LOL

The two middle textures were pretty and realistic though.

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 10:01am
I need people to learn there is a difference between 4c and not having a clue.

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 10:11am
^yeah that chicks one of those people with soft hair.  i was laughing just watching her wash her hair.  i woulda been in the shower crying for an a hour if i washed my hair in circular motions like that and at no point did she even pick up a comb. yeah she good.LOL

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 10:52am
I sn so glad my perm rods set still came out cute considering the fact that I woke up at 3 in the morning, and took them outta my head. They were killing me.

I must have put em in weird cuz it didn't hurt my head like that last time.

I'll give em one more try cuz I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE how it looks, but I might have to day F air drying, sit under the dryer, and then pineapple to sleep.

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 12:38pm

My hair is similar to this...

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 12:55pm
I finally used gel on my edges to slick it down for a sleek bun for work. I never use it on the edges because of a fear of breakage but guuurl! lol for the 1st time in a very long time they are flat. I'm not use to not seeing poofy kinky texture on my edges.LOL

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 5:26pm
I went to Beauty Mart to get some skinny flexirods. Them joints were $2.99 for a pack of six, which isn't that bad when you only need a few packs (as with the jumbo sizes), but is much less feasible when you need to buy a bunch. I mosied right on down to the perm rod section where packs of twelve were on sale for 69 cents. Six for $2.99 vs twelve for $0.69. Which do you think I got? 

I walked out of there with nine packs of perm rods for under seven dollars. Purple, orange, and peach.

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

^yeah that chicks one of those people with soft hair.  i was laughing just watching her wash her hair.  i woulda been in the shower crying for an a hour if i washed my hair in circular motions like that and at no point did she even pick up a comb. yeah she good.LOL

On the contrary, I think her shyt is dry and f*cked up, but I don't think she's a 4c. I hate that people use the term 4c as a cop out when they have dry and f*cked up hair due to not taking care of it. PS I don't use a comb and I find it's a lot better that way.

She has a really weird hair type. It's like loose but nonsilky at the same time. 

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 5:37pm

My hair is similar to this...

Pics?

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 6:13pm
She's a member here. I hope she doesn't mind. B'yootiful hair.

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 6:29pm
I rarely take hair pics.....I may start when I rotate these wefts tho

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 10:55pm
Although I still love my style it's time for a wash...back into the Celie twists it goes.

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 1:36am
I just mixed my shampoo. Shea Moisture black label shampoo, ACV, and salicylic acid powder in an applicator bottle. I'll apply it to my scalp and let it sit for a while. I wonder if the rinse out conditioner is necessary if using conditioner as a styler?  

Print Page | Close Window