Print Page | Close Window

Starting my annual Low-Carb diet Monday, join me!

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368693
Printed Date: Jan 23 2018 at 10:44am

Topic: Starting my annual Low-Carb diet Monday, join me!
Posted By: trudawg
Subject: Starting my annual Low-Carb diet Monday, join me!
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 6:57pm
I usually gain about 20-25 lbs over the winter due to various reasons (mainly inactivity and pigging out), however every year after my birthday I pick back up my low-carb lifestyle to shed weight for the summer.
It's pretty simple and once you get the routine down, you'll shed 20-30 pounds in about four months or less.

Beginning Monday Feb 24th 2014

Eliminate carbs (15-20 grams or less daily) with a high protein-fat/low carb diet for about two weeks strait or until your body goes into a state of Ketosis. You'll drop the pounds fast then begin to plateau. Then cut back to five days a week by switching to high carb/low fat for the weekends in order to shock your metabolism.  Easy as pie. I got tons of recipes and food/drink choices to share to keep it interesting. If you down, holla at me, we'll keep each other motivated and swap recipes and food choices.

Oh, and you should refrain from drinking alcohol to speed up the process because your body will burn alcohol before it burns fat. If you must drink, Vodka and diet coke was my drink of choice on my off weekends. However, I quit drinking totally, so I'm looking forward to burning body fat at faster pace.

Replies:
Posted By: missdeeluxe
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 7:25pm
Low carb/carb free is the truth
I just wish I didn't love them so much Cry
Started about 6 months ago.

I cut out alcohol 2 months ago.
Again, so damn hard lol.

My next goal is to cut back on sugar.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 7:37pm
i'm here for the recipes...

Posted By: Cocoa
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 7:38pm
im in...

Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 7:39pm
The"Diet Diet Diet" section is full of Low Carb recipes Thumbs Up.

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 7:41pm
I can't give up potatoes and bread cold turkey, but good luck to y'all.

I'll definitely stay tuned in for some good recipes so I can at least cut back some.

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:02pm
well the best part about it is you eat whatever you want on the weekends once you start ketosis. Besides, I usually make my own bread anyway!

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:06pm
Shocked  where do you get that from?

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:09pm
Do carbquick taste like cardboard?

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

Do carbquick taste like cardboard?

You read my mind!

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:24pm
You can order it on amazon. It taste like bread, pancakes, pizza dough, cookies, cake or whatever else you decide to bake with it. I usually make peanut butter cookies with unsweetened almond milk to sooth my sweet tooth!
I've been doing this for years and have done tons of research to make meals that are seemingly normal!

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:35pm
Alright, I'll have to try it then...

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 9:03pm
I'm in

Posted By: Immie89
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 9:55pm
I have carbquick! I make pancakes, tea biscuits etc love it.

Im doing a low carb diet now...i lost 20 pounds in last 3 months..Im currently on phase 2 of the diet that im following..

I usually get most of my things from my Canadian site.
http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/

Posted By: ragincajin
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 10:08pm
Tru, I'd try it but I might fall out. Sometimes I don't consume enough calories in a day. Eat so many things on the run. But thanks for that mix idea. Might have to look that up on Amazon. That'll be good for my husband.

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 10:12pm
I keep a pack of low-carb tortillas in my car. If I feel like a whopper, I gets that sh*t and replace the bun with a tortilla! I swear the options are limitless, plus you'll look forward to the weekends to treat yourself!

Milk used to be my biggest drawback till I discovered the unsweetened Almond Milk. This is easier than you may think.

Posted By: BaileyAlexandria
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 1:25am
IM DOWN! after i hit this young master cleanse for 10 days

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 1:52am
I'm in...

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 1:58am
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

well the best part about it is you eat whatever you want on the weekends once you start ketosis. Besides, I usually make my own bread anyway!

Nutrition Facts
219-0002
Tova
Carbquik Bake Mix
3 lb. box

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/3 cup (32g) 1 biscuit
Servings Per Container: 42
Amount
Per Serving
http://www6.netrition.com/rdi_page.html" rel="nofollow - % Daily
Value*
Total Calories90   
   Calories From Fat60   
Total Fatg10%   
   Saturated Fatg4%   
   Polyunsaturated Fatg 
   Monounsaturated Fatg 
   Trans Fatg 
Cholesterolmg0%   
Sodium210 mg9%   
Potassiummg0%   
Total Carbohydrates16 g5%   
   Dietary Fiber14 g55%   
      Soluble Fiberg0%   
      Insoluble Fiber14 g14%   
   Sugarsg 
http://www6.netrition.com/tova_carbquik_page.html#" rel="nofollow">   http://www6.netrition.com/tova_carbquik_page.html#" rel="nofollow - - Show Net Carbs
Proteing12%   
Vitamin A  5%   
Vitamin C  4%   
Calcium  10%   
Iron  4%   
* http://www6.netrition.com/rdi_page.html" rel="nofollow - Percent Daily Values  are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Net carbs - 2g. Kosher and Dairy.
Ingredients: Carbalose™ flour (enzyme enriched wheat, vital wheat gluten, wheat fiber, high-protein patent wheat flour, soy fiber, canola oil, salt, emulsifiers, enzymes, ascorbic acid, calcium propionate), palm and palm-kernel oil, buttermilk powder, baking powder, egg white powder, lecithin, salt, natural flavors.
Recommended Use: See recipes on box.
Warning: Contains wheat, soy, eggs and milk.
Certifications: 
kosher
If you notice any errors in the information above, please  http://www6.netrition.com/cgi/submit_nutrition_facts_problem.cgi?product_id=219-0002" rel="nofollow - let us know . If you have further questions about this product, please contact Tova at 1-888-532-TOVA

The nutrition facts listed above are supplied as a courtesy to our customers. The nutrition facts were current and accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time they were entered. Manufacturers often change formulas or ingredients without notifying us. We do our best to keep them as up to date as possible, however Netrition.com will not be held responsible for any differences between what is listed on our web site and what is listed on the product that you receive. If you need to be 100% certain of the ingredients currently being shipped, we recommend that you call or email our customer service department to check the shelf of current stock.

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 9:53am
Doing well this morning I had

Eggs w/ jalapenos and bacon
Ballerina tea w/ truvia
Water

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 10:08am
I've been doing this for years but I'm bored with food choices now.   I can't wait to see some recipes.  This is harder when you have a whole family of bad actors (snack monsters) but I'm pretty good at making good choices for myself like skipping the carb serving of rice/potatoes/etc. and just having the meat and veggies.  

These are a delicious snacks for the sweet craving but I think you need to wait a couple of weeks in before you have them:

Atkins                              Advantage Caramel Chocolate Nut Roll, 5.0 Each , Bars

The crustless quiche saves my mornings because breakfast is the hardest meal for me to give up carbs in since I love homefries and could eat them everydayCry

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 10:45am
I love carbquik! I have a whole unused box in my cabinet now. I get mine from netrition.com bc it's a tad cheaper but not by much. I just like you can order multiple things for a flat rate of 4.95 but their shipping isn't as fast as amazon either.

Low carb is the truth but I get bored with it.

Trudawg, what's the peanut butter cookie recipient with the carbquik, if you don't mind sharing?

Posted By: nemesis1
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 11:37am
I'm in. I'm trying to eat less bread and white rice.

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 11:44am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

These are a delicious snacks for the sweet craving but I think you need to wait a couple of weeks in before you have them:

Atkins                              Advantage Caramel Chocolate Nut Roll, 5.0 Each , Bars

I order them joints by the caseload from Amazon! Sometimes Walmart has some prettty good deals as well.

Originally posted by Miss SDY Miss SDY wrote:

I love carbquik! I have a whole unused box in my cabinet now. I get mine from netrition.com bc it's a tad cheaper but not by much. I just like you can order multiple things for a flat rate of 4.95 but their shipping isn't as fast as amazon either.

Low carb is the truth but I get bored with it.

Trudawg, what's the peanut butter cookie recipient with the carbquik, if you don't mind sharing?

You're right about that shipping, it's a helluva deal!

Peanut butter cookies

Carbquik Recipe: Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:

3/4 cup chunky or smooth (sugarless/natural) peanut butter
1/2 cup Splenda
1 teaspoon blackstrap
1/4 cup heavy cream + (A teaspoon at a time to make the dough workable added after the Carbquik)
1/2 cup chopped pecans, almond pieces or broken hazelnuts
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup Carbquik + 1 tablespoon or as needed to form a nice workable cookie dough
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375°F.
Mix all ingredients well and drop onto greased cookie sheet by teaspoonfuls.
Bake about 10 minutes, or until set but not hard. Be careful not to burn

The chocolate chip cookie recipes are bomb too. My girl loved to cook, and would hook me up after experimenting with sh*t till she got it right. She used a bread machine to make bread with carbquik, it was delish!
I should probably put some orders in today and stock up now.

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 12:12pm
Another oldie, but goodie is low-carb spaghetti. They sell these noodles at the regular Safeway around the way. Served up with fresh low-carb garlic bread and I'm in business!

I usually just use Hunts Four-Cheese sauce but they do make some specialty low-carb sauces

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 12:22pm
I love Dreamfield pasta!

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 12:27pm
I'm bout to go smash on a boca burger. 

Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I'm bout to go smash on a boca burger. 

Let me see that belly big mama

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 12:39pm
Lmao. Bye Shad. 

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 12:52pm
I'm in..can we get some recipes

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 1:37pm
Man, I need to start a new diet because that Weight Watchers has become too stringent for me. A world without carbs sounds so small though

Posted By: SeducTress
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 1:38pm
Could stand to lose 10-15 count me in!

I lost 15 lbs in a month when I did this years ago.

I worked out like a boss, supplemented with ACV and CLA (back when it was the rage), drank only water....

Sounds boring but my lil motto was nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. 

Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Man, I need to start a new diet because that Weight Watchers has become too stringent for me. A world without carbs sounds so small though

You can try carb cycling. That's what a lot of body builders use when they're cutting. You have days with low carbs, high carbs, and no carbs. Keeps the body from plateauing. I've seen great results from it.

I tried keto (low carb) and I felt like sh*t. I'm hoping this will be a better option for me.

Thanks for those low carb goodies trudawg and kfox!!

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

You can try carb cycling. That's what a lot of body builders use when they're cutting. You have days with low carbs, high carbs, and no carbs. Keeps the body from plateauing. I've seen great results from it.

I tried keto (low carb) and I felt like sh*t. I'm hoping this will be a better option for me.

Thanks for those low carb goodies rajin!!!

It does sound like more reasonable to me. I just might give this a try. Every now and then, I need my carbs

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 2:00pm
Taste just like red-lobster!

Carbquik Recipe: Cheddar Cheese Biscuits

Servings: 10
Net Carbs Per Serving: 2
Total Preparation Time: 10-12 minutes

Ingredients:

2 cups Carbquik
2 ounces butter, cold
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 pinch garlic powder
1 pinch salt
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup water

Cheddar Cheese Biscuits

Instructions:

-Preheat oven to 450 degrees
-Cut the cold butter into the Carbquik with either a pastry cutter or two knives, till the mixture resembles coarse meal.
-Add the shredded cheese, a pinch of salt, and garlic powder and blend well.
-Mix the heavy cream with water to equal 1/2 cup of liquid, pour into dry mix.
-Mix till dough forms and comes together, but do not overwork the dough.
-Drop the dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet approx 1 ounce size portions.
-Bake in hot oven 8-10 minutes till biscuits are golden brown.

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 2:09pm

Carbquik Recipe: Cornbread

Servings: 8
Per Serving: 271 Calories; 20g Fat 9g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 14g Dietary Fiber;
Net Carbs: 6g

Ingredients:

2 cups Carbquik
6 tablespoons cornmeal
2 eggs
1/2 cup Splenda
1 cup half and half
1/2 cup butter, melted

Instructions:

Mix all ingredients.
Bake 400 degree for 20 minutes in un-greased pan.

I like making this cornbread with greens, low-carb mac n cheese, and fried/baked fish (using crushed pork rines)

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 2:21pm
I just made stuffed bell peppers with meat, sauce, mozz., and ricotta.... I have been missing outLOL

That carb stuff sounds good

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 2:31pm
walmart sells a low carb bread, they got something for everything that you can do.. i"m low carb been doing it for 2 years now.. although right now i'm low carb juicing mostly, green juicing.. 

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 2:47pm

Taste just like red-lobster!

Carbquik Recipe: Cheddar Cheese Biscuits

Servings: 10
Net Carbs Per Serving: 2
Total Preparation Time: 10-12 minutes

Ingredients:

2 cups Carbquik
2 ounces butter, cold
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 pinch garlic powder
1 pinch salt
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup water

Cheddar Cheese Biscuits

Instructions:

-Preheat oven to 450 degrees
-Cut the cold butter into the Carbquik with either a pastry cutter or two knives, till the mixture resembles coarse meal.
-Add the shredded cheese, a pinch of salt, and garlic powder and blend well.
-Mix the heavy cream with water to equal 1/2 cup of liquid, pour into dry mix.
-Mix till dough forms and comes together, but do not overwork the dough.
-Drop the dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet approx 1 ounce size portions.
-Bake in hot oven 8-10 minutes till biscuits are golden brown.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!  i'll be making these babies for sure!

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 4:00pm
Low Carb Banana Muffins
 6.3 Carbs each
  • 1-3/4 cup low carb  http://lowcarbanddelicious.blogspot.com/search/label/Baking%20Mix" rel="nofollow -
    In a mixing bowl combine 1 cup of  http://lowcarbanddelicious.blogspot.com/search/label/Baking%20Mix" rel="nofollow - , sweetener, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add mashed banana and butter or oil and mix on low speed until well blended. Add eggs and remaining 3/4 cup of baking mix, beat on low speed again until well blended. Pour batter into a prepared 12 count muffin pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Let cool in the pan about 5 minutes then remove the muffins. Eat warm with butter or cool thoroughly and store in an airtight container. These are a big hit in our home!

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 4:04pm

Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe

• 8 oz boneless chicken breast
  • http://cookeatshare.com/ingredients/salt" rel="nofollow - salt  &  http://cookeatshare.com/ingredients/pepper" rel="nofollow - pepper
  • 4 Tbsp. Buffalo Wing Sauce
  • 4 Tbsp. Spicy  http://cookeatshare.com/ingredients/chili-seasoning" rel="nofollow - Chipotle  Ingredients: Recipe Below
  • http://cookeatshare.com/ingredients/romaine-lettuce" rel="nofollow - Romaine Lettuce  Leaves
  • Spicy Chipotle Aiolo Sauce Ingredients:***
  • 3 tablespoons fat free  http://cookeatshare.com/ingredients/mayonnaise" rel="nofollow - mayonnaise
  • 3 tablespoons non fat plain Greek  http://cookeatshare.com/ingredients/yogurt" rel="nofollow - Yogurt
  • 2 teaspoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
  • 1 teaspoon minced  http://cookeatshare.com/ingredients/garlic" rel="nofollow - garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon  http://cookeatshare.com/ingredients/cumin" rel="nofollow - cumin
  • 4 teaspoons fresh  http://cookeatshare.com/ingredients/lime-juice" rel="nofollow - lime juice

Total Carbs 11.89g
Dietary Fiber 5.5g

Directions

1. Heat grill on medium heat
  2. Split Chicken breast to become two 4oz pieces and sprinkle salt & pepper chicken
  3. Place buffalo wing sauce in a small bowl. Brush one side of each chicken breasts with 2 tbsp. of buffalo wing sauce and place the sauced side down on the grill. Top with remaining hot sauce.
  4. Cook chicken about 5 - 7 minutes per side.
  5. Place chicken on romaine lettuce leaf , top with Aiolo Sauce and place other lettuce leaf on top.
  6. ***Spicy Chipotle Aiolo Sauce Directions***
  7. In a small bowl place all the ingredients together and wisk together until combined.

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 5:39pm
I also fux with the Raspberry Ketones to help speed up the fat burning process. There like $15 on Amazon

Dr Oz Review

Posted By: Miss B
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 6:06pm
I like the sounds of this. This harsh winter had me hibernating more than usual and its starting to show.

OP do you sustain this diet throughout the summer? Or just until you lose the weight? And if its the latter, do you find that you gain the weight back when you reincorporate carbs?

I suppose anyone can answer who has done a diet plan like this.

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 9:17pm
You can blow up if you stop abruptly. Usually by the time I taper off, I've established a pretty good work out regimen that stabilizes my weight.

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 10:27pm
Low carb diet? Y'all are gonna have stankin' ass breath.

</hater mode>

I'd join but I'm addicted to the sweets and carbs!

Posted By: sache1991
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 11:13pm
Confused

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

</hater mode>

And sore bootiesLOL

Low carb, high protein makes you constipatedSleepy

Posted By: BonitaApplebaum
Date Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 12:07am
Im in..

Date Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:19am
Originally posted by HunnyB HunnyB wrote:

</hater mode>

And sore bootiesLOL

Low carb, high protein makes you constipatedSleepy

Na, many low-carb foods are high in fiber to offset the carbohydrates. A high fiber diet will help keep your pipes flowing smooth.
The breath, yea well, that's when you know your body has entered a state of ketosis. You'll have a metallic like taste on your tongue. Nothing a lil Listerine can't handle.

I will go down the list to tally all of our participants shortly, then edit my OP. Each day we'll post what we ate along with the macros.
It'll be a lot easier with other folks participating, can't wait!

Posted By: Boston
Date Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:26am
Count me in

Date Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:27am
when we starting?

Date Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:08am
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

when we starting?

Tomorrow, Monday February 24, 2014! So indulge in all the bread, fries, and sweetened soda/drinks you can today, cuz you won't be enjoying any of that for the next two weeks!

Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 9:49am
Fuck I ordered pizza

I'll join sometime.

Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 9:58am
I'll Join...I'm doing moderate carbs, but I guess I can be more restricitve

Breakfast
Low carb blueberry muffin w/ 500 mL of water

Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 10:01am
I'm juicing too: Grapefruit Juice, Chard, and carrots
http://s1321.photobucket.com/user/baucehauce/media/IMAG0288_zpsdc8be024.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 11:08am
Today is first day, how are you all doing?

I already eat less carbs, but i wanna try to limit my carb intake to 20 garms per day...soooo DAY 1! i had spinach egg omelete...and water...and plain green tea!

I struggle with the snacking at work!..so ill run over to grocery store on break to get celery sticks

good luck all!

Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 11:23am
I use Ham instead of Bacon and Shredded Cheddar Blend instead of Swiss.  I also use garlic salt and sometimes add broccoli because me and my son are green veggie whores.  Had this for breakfast.

Crustless Bacon, Spinach & Swiss Quiche - Low Carb

By gracefire on February 05, 2007

Photo

Photo by Queen uh Cuisine

28 Reviews
  • timer
  • Prep Time: 20 mins
  • Total Time: 45 mins
  • Servings: 8

About This Recipe

"I've read through a lot of recipes to come up with my version of this quiche. I wanted to make one that is crustless and low carb, and this one is a WINNER! But once I start eating it, I just don't want to stop! I thought I could make it ahead so I could have a quick breakfast on work mornings, but this rarely lasts out the day it was made!"

Ingredients

• 1 lb bacon
    • 1 large onion, chopped
    • 2 tablespoons butter, divided
    • 1 teaspoon olive oil
    • 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
    • 6 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
    • 6 eggs
    • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
    • salt
    • pepper

Directions

1. On a foil lined pan, cook bacon in 350 degree F. oven until crisp.
  2. While bacon cooks, chop onion and shred cheese.
  3. Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion, and stir to coat.
  4. When onion turns glossy, add thawed spinach, and stir to mix. Heat about 5 minutes, then remove from heat to cool.
  5. Remove bacon from oven, and place on a paper-towel lined plate to drain.
  6. Stir together eggs, salt, pepper & heavy whipping cream in a medium bowl.
  7. Add in cheese, onion/spinach mixture, and bacon. Stir thoroughly to mix.
  8. Butter a glass pie plate or quiche dish, pour mix in, and pat evenly with a fork.
  9. Bake in 350 degrees F. oven 25-30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
  10. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting & serving.
Page 2 of 2Crustless Bacon, Spinach & Swiss Quiche - Low Carb (cont.)

Directions

1. I bet you can't eat just ONE slice!

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 (192 g)

Servings Per Recipe: 8

Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Calories 494.8

Calories from Fat 397
80%
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 44.2g
68%
Saturated Fat 18.8g
94%
Cholesterol 225.6mg
75%
Sugars 1.4 g
Sodium 627.1mg
26%
Total Carbohydrate 5.6g
1%
Dietary Fiber 1.4g
5%
Sugars 1.4 g
5%
Protein 18.9g
37%

Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 11:29am
If I use twelve eggs which is my normal and just double the ingredients, I make half in a muffin pan and half in the quiche dish.  You can also do sausage or any kind of meat you like.  Just throw in whatever meat and veggies you want and it will still be yummyLOL

Rachel Macs Low-Carb Crustless Mini Quiche

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 12:17pm
If u do it every year, is it still considered effective?

Ps I'm all for low carb

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 12:23pm
I've been low-carbing since January. I started the carb cycling today to see if that will speed up my weightloss.

Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 1:48pm
Yes it does WORK. But you have to stick to it!

And i can't speak for anyone else but when my body is in ketosis...i am not hungry very much...sometimes i forget to eat..which is why i prep my meals and have set times to eat. Also my energy is THROUGH the roof...seriously! But ketosis works diff for everyone else...depends on the person.

However lately i been eating a lot more fruits...esp banana which is HIGH in carbs..so im cutting back...i got two weddings coming up that im involved in...i wanna lose my last 25 pounds..and tone up...

Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 2:35pm

I was in a rush this morning so i didnt grab any breakfast...my tummy is rumbling LOL

So far i have had a cup of coffee, 2 tsp of non dairy creamer, 1 packet of truvia ( Total of 3 carbs)

I have leftovers at home so i will have

Ground turkey
Parmesan Cheese
Miracle noodles
Bertolli pasta sauce

a total of about 15 carbs

miracle noodles are zero calorie so they are a must have in my meal plan

Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Immie89 Immie89 wrote:

However lately i been eating a lot more fruits...esp banana which is HIGH in carbs..so im cutting back...i got two weddings coming up that im involved in...i wanna lose my last 25 pounds..and tone up...

I was worried about bananas too.  I want the nutrients but not the carbs.  My doctor recommended this and I LOVE it!!!  Fruit Punch taste, 2 carbs, more potassium than a banana.

Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 3:05pm

a great low carb blog is http://yourlighterside.com/" rel="nofollow - http://yourlighterside.com/

Crazy Pizza Pull Aparts

8 ounces Baby Bella mushrooms
8 slices pepperoni
1/2 cup cheese
1/2 cup sugar-free pizza sauce.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

Wash mushrooms and remove the stems (chop stems and use on pizzas or save for salads). Place mushrooms touching on a lightly oiled or greased cookie sheet. Distribute sauce and cheese across the tops like one large crust. Bake for 15 minutes. This recipe  pulls apart all nice and gooey.

Makes approximately 8 mini pull-aparts

Per pizza (1/8 recipe): 42 Cals.; 2 g Carbs.; 1 g Fiber; 1 g Net Carbs. ; 3 g Protein; 2 g Fat

mushpizz6
mushpizz8

Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 3:57pm
I stocked up on lots of snacks and a few ingredients for dinner this week.
Sugar free candy is the bomb, Reecees Cups, chocolate turtles, penut brittle) all like 1 gram of carbs
Atkins bars (I love these!!)
DreamFields pasta, (spaghetti, and noodles) 5g Carbs per serving
Sugar free grape jelly - 1g Carbs per serving
Sugar free jello - 0g carbs
Flour tortillas - (big 5g carb, smaller 3g carbs)
String Cheese - 0g carbs
Sugar-Free drink mixes 0g carbs (Pink lemonade, and orange juice flavor)
Chicken and Steak for various recipes 0g carbs
Unsweetened Almond milk 1g carbs
Hunts Spaghetti sauce - 4g carbs per serving
Ragu Alfredo sauce - 0g carbs per serving

Had Wendy's for lunch, double stack (no bun), and Side Salad.

Remember when counting macros, you minus fiber, and sugar alcohol from total carb count for Net Carbs
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/trudawg/media/Mobile%20Uploads/photo1_zps0dd6daf2.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/trudawg/media/Mobile%20Uploads/photo2_zps0b79b2da.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/trudawg/media/Mobile%20Uploads/photo3_zps96acb9a2.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/trudawg/media/Mobile%20Uploads/photo4_zps11a7332f.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/trudawg/media/Mobile%20Uploads/photo5_zpsa3130f93.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 4:08pm
Thank goodness for the "low-carbness" of tortillas because I love me some tacosLOL  I feel no guilt eating my favorite dinner so that's a win!!

Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 4:12pm
Then sugar alcohols will mess you upppppCry

esp. if you consume too many..

Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 4:24pm

Never really had any noticeable side affects, been doing it for years, but I know everyone is diff. I cut back once my appetite and cravings start to taper off.

The best part of this diet is that your appetite will virtually dissipate over time. Even when you stop the diet, you won't feel like eating much. 

Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

I was in a rush this morning so i didnt grab any breakfast...my tummy is rumbling LOL

So far i have had a cup of coffee, 2 tsp of non dairy creamer, 1 packet of truvia ( Total of 3 carbs)

Ground turkey
Parmesan Cheese
Miracle noodles
Bertolli pasta sauce

Nice, I'll have to check these out! Where do you find them?

Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 4:58pm
Im gonna try the V8 drink!!

i tried the miracle noodles and it was so bad..the fishy smell out the bag...i couldn't... ..does yours have a smell? 

Date Posted: Feb 24 2014 at 7:32pm

Ground turkey

Parmesan Cheese

Miracle noodles

Bertolli pasta sauce

Publix or whole foods but you can get them online

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 12:55pm
Had a coffee, Atkins bar and water for breakfast. Strangely, not very hungry at all. Since it's Taco Tuesday, planning on ordering some Carnitas Tacos for dinner and replacing the tortilla with my low-carb ones.

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:00pm

Ground turkey

Parmesan Cheese

Miracle noodles

Bertolli pasta sauce

How is the taste? I ordered these last year and never ate them...

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:01pm
Had chicken breast for lunch and waterCry

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by Immie89 Immie89 wrote:

I was worried about bananas too.  I want the nutrients but not the carbs.  My doctor recommended this and I LOVE it!!!  Fruit Punch taste, 2 carbs, more potassium than a banana.

I agree I put bananas in my smoothies every day I need to cut back

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 2:55pm

Never really had any noticeable side affects, been doing it for years, but I know everyone is diff. I cut back once my appetite and cravings start to taper off.

The best part of this diet is that your appetite will virtually dissipate over time. Even when you stop the diet, you won't feel like eating much. 

This pasta is not low carb...How is this low carb?LOL

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 3:05pm
http://www.dietdoctor.com/the-dreamfields-pasta-fraud" rel="nofollow">http://www.dietdoctor.com/the-dreamfields-pasta-fraudOuch

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 3:09pm
Ok...I read the comments and the study....confused

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 3:27pm
I saw that pasta before...and i don't get how its low carb. 41 grams of carb per serving...Uhm.

Ill stick to my zucchini pasta.

Posted By: 1KrysT
Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 4:16pm
I am definitely down with this!!!!!! Cancun in 2 weeks for Spring Break and Dominican Republic in July......

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 4:31pm

Ok...I read the comments and the study....confused

interesting study. I'll refrain from eating DF pasta for a couple months until I'm well into Ketosis. By then I can still lose weight eating a maximum of 100g of carbs per day.

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 8:43pm
Well, what did you all eat today??

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:11pm

Well, what did you all eat today??

I'm gonna be real and say that I had a little cheat day today...
I stepped on the scale and saw that I've lost 45lbs, so I had some chocolateLOL

I'm going to step up my water intake, concentrate on juicing more, and go back to salmon.....I already don't eat bread, pasta, potatoes, or extremely sweet fruit....so I'll do better tomorrow *hits hand*

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:14pm
Zero carbs

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:16pm

A Low Carb Diet Meal Plan and Menu That Can Save Your Life

This is a detailed meal plan for the low-carb, real-food based diet (LCRF). What to eat, what not to eat and a sample low carb menu for one week.

The low carb, real food based diet involves eating natural, unprocessed foods with a low carbohydrate content. For a detailed overview,  http://authoritynutrition.com/how-to-eat-healthy/" rel="nofollow - read this .

There is a lot of  http://authoritynutrition.com/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets/" rel="nofollow - scientific evidence  that this type of diet is the best option for people who want to lose weight, optimize health and lower the risk of disease.

Simple Meal Plan

A Low Carb Diet Meal Plan

What foods you should eat depends on a few things, including how healthy you are, how much you exercise and how much weight you have to lose.

Consider all of this as a general guideline, not something written in stone.

The Basics

Eat: Meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, high-fat dairy, fats, healthy oils and maybe even some tubers and non-gluten grains.

Don’t Eat: Sugar, HFCS, wheat, seed oils, trans fats, artificial sweeteners, “diet” and low-fat products and highly processed foods.

Foods to Avoid

Overweight Man Eating Cake

You should  http://authoritynutrition.com/7-unhealthy-foods-to-avoid/" rel="nofollow - avoid these 7 foods , in order of importance:

• Sugar: Soft drinks, fruit juices, agave, candy, ice cream and many others.
  • Gluten Grains: Wheat, spelt, barley and rye. Includes breads and pastas.
  • Trans Fats: “Hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated” oils.
  • High Omega-6 Seed- and Vegetable Oils: Cottonseed-, soybean-, sunflower-, grapeseed-, corn-, safflower and canola oils.
  • Artificial Sweeteners: Aspartame, Saccharin, Sucralose, Cyclamates and Acesulfame Potassium. Use Stevia instead.
  • “Diet” and “Low-Fat” Products: Many dairy products, cereals, crackers, etc.
  • Highly Processed Foods: If it looks like it was made in a factory, don’t eat it.
  • You MUST read ingredients lists, even on foods labelled as “health foods.”

Low Carb Food List – Foods to Eat

You should base your diet on these real, unprocessed, low-carb foods.

Woman Holding Salad

• Meat: Beef, lamb, pork, chicken and others. Grass-fed is best.
    • Fish: Salmon, trout, haddock and many others. Wild-caught fish is best.
    • Eggs: Omega-3 enriched or pastured eggs are best.
    • Vegetables: Spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and many others.
    • Fruits: Apples, oranges, pears, blueberries, strawberries.
    • Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.
    • High-Fat Dairy: Cheese, butter, heavy cream, yogurt.
    • Fats and Oils:  http://authoritynutrition.com/why-is-coconut-oil-good-for-you/" rel="nofollow - Coconut oil , butter, lard, olive oil and cod fish liver oil.
    • If you need to lose weight, be careful with the cheese and nuts because they’re easy to overeat on. Don’t eat more than one piece of fruit per day.

Maybe Eat

Sweet Potato

If you’re healthy, active and don’t need to lose weight then you can afford to eat a bit more carbs.

• Tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes and some others.
      • Non-gluten grains: Rice, oats, quinoa and many others.
      • Legumes: Lentils, black beans, pinto beans, etc. (If you can tolerate them).

You can have these in moderation if you want:

• Dark Chocolate: Choose organic brands with 70% cocoa or higher.
      • Wine: Choose dry wines with no added sugar or carbs.

Dark chocolate is high in antioxidants and may provide health benefits if you eat it in moderation. However, be aware that both dark chocolate and alcohol will hinder your progress if you eat/drink too much.

Glass of water

Drink

• http://authoritynutrition.com/why-is-coffee-good-for-you/" rel="nofollow - Coffee
      • http://authoritynutrition.com/stimulants-in-tea/" rel="nofollow - Tea
      • Water

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:17pm

A Sample Low-Carb Menu For One Week

This is a sample menu for one week on a low carb diet plan.

It provides less than 50 grams of total carbs per day, but as I mentioned above if you are healthy and active you can go beyond that.

Mother And Daughter Cooking

Monday

• Breakfast: Omelet with various vegetables, fried in butter or coconut oil.
  • Lunch: Grass-fed yogurt with blueberries and a handful of almonds.
  • Dinner: Cheeseburger (no bun), served with vegetables and salsa sauce.

Tuesday

• Breakfast: Bacon and eggs.
  • Lunch: Leftover burgers and veggies from the night before.
  • Dinner: Salmon with butter and vegetables.

Wednesday

• Breakfast: Eggs and vegetables, fried in butter or coconut oil.
  • Lunch: Shrimp salad with some olive oil.
  • Dinner: Grilled chicken with vegetables.

Thursday

• Breakfast: Omelet with various vegetables, fried in butter or coconut oil.
  • Lunch: Smoothie with coconut milk, berries, almonds and protein powder.
  • Dinner: Steak and veggies.

Friday

• Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs.
  • Lunch: Chicken salad with some olive oil.
  • Dinner: Pork chops with vegetables.

Saturday

• Breakfast: Omelet with various veggies.
  • Lunch: Grass-fed yogurt with berries, coconut flakes and a handful of walnuts.
  • Dinner: Meatballs with vegetables.

Sunday

• Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs.
  • Lunch: Smoothie with coconut milk, a bit of heavy cream, chocolate-flavoured protein powder and berries.
  • Dinner: Grilled chicken wings with some raw spinach on the side.

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 10:19pm
Sorry guys, That's a super long post...LOL

more info here: http://authoritynutrition.com/low-carb-diet-meal-plan-and-menu/" rel="nofollow - http://authoritynutrition.com/low-carb-diet-meal-plan-and-menu/

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

Ground turkey

Parmesan Cheese

Miracle noodles

Bertolli pasta sauce

How is the taste? I ordered these last year and never ate them...

It tastes like plain jello in spaghetti form but when you add sauce it's a good replacement for pasta. You have to get used to the texture though, it took me a while

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 3:45am
So I'm starting my low carb high protein diet!

I'll be starting today and I'm starting with a bowl of scrambled eggs and a glass of water. :D

You know, doing research into this, it is not as hard as I thought it would be. I've always turned my head up at diets because I like food and feel I can be healthy without food restrictions that aren't caloric.

If I go into ketosis and my breath stinks, at least I'll be losing the weight. LOL Since high school, I've plateaued in my weight range of 170 to 180 (highest being 185.)

This seems like a lot yet on me it doesn't appear that way because I'm quite tall. I do like my body, but I'd like to slim down some. I don't have a specific goal weight but a goal range and that is from 160 to 140. Tongue

To aid in my journey, I am taking Raspberry Ketones and Garcinia Cambogia. I'm using the ones from NatureWise- they're a fantastic brand!

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 3:47am
Oh yeah and props to raspberry ketones for giving me raspberry breath and burps.

It's an amusing little treat, especially when people around me comment that they smell raspberries.

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 3:55am
I'm so heartbroken...

I just found out corn is not only classified as a vegetable.. but corn is also classified as a GRAIN!!

I LOVE CORN!! Cry

It'll be my cheat day meal. Man, I love eating elote and I thought the mayonnaise and parmesean cheese was what was gonna up the nutritional value and pack on the carbs.

Turns out it's the corn! Cry

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 4:17am
I'm so tempted to just go all out on meat and eggs to up that protein but I'm doing some research and found a pretty sensible warning!

Everyone, go high on your protein, but not CRAZY high! It turns out the body can convert some protein into glucose. Do too much of that and you can actually delay ketosis because your body can turn excessive protein into sugar (and inside of you! Smh! I gotta taste the sweetness before I put it in me!) which would basically nullify your efforts in avoiding sugar and prevent ketosis.

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 9:41am
Lots of great low-carb recipes here
http://www.sugarfreelowcarbrecipes.com/?paged=9" rel="nofollow - http://www.sugarfreelowcarbrecipes.com/?paged=9

No breakfast for me today, but looking forward to a bowl of carne asada, cheese, sour cream, lettuce & guacamole from Chipotle for lunch!

Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 12:50pm
Whats the point of doing this every year if u just gonna gain all the weight back? Why won't u just keep the weight off by eating better and exercising?

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 4:56pm
Thinking about making some deep fried avocado fries! Just replace the flower with either carbquik or almond flour and the bread-crumbs for crushed pork rhines

Deep Fried Avocado Wedges

Ingredients

Canola oil, for frying
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups Panko breadcrumbs
2 ripe avocados, cut into 1/2 inch wedges

Directions

Heat 2-3 inches of oil in large pan to 375 degrees.

Combine the flour and salt in a shallow dish. Put the eggs and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes.

Dip the wedges in the flour mixture, remove and shake off excess flour. Dip it in the egg, followed by the breadcrumbs.

Fry the wedges in batches for about 1 minute or until golden brown, flipping once. Drain on paper towels. Enjoy!

Posted By: KottonKandy
Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:06pm
I never wanted to say I was on a low carb diet, but I guess that's what I did. Last spring I lost 15lbs I gained and I did it by cutting out soda/juice and eating bread/rice/pasta only one day out the week and only one serving. Rest of the days lean meats, veggies, fruits and occasionally hot wings.  I also exercise throughout the day totaling about an hour a day. I've been doing well with that since Dec. Then end of January, I decided to go meatless three days out of week and only eat WHOLE GRAIN rice and bread on those days. I've since lost another 5lbs. However, though whole wheat is better than white, I don't want to feel the need to always have bread/rice. 

So I will be looking forward to recipes and tips in this thread. 

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

Whats the point of doing this every year if u just gonna gain all the weight back? Why won't u just keep the weight off by eating better and exercising?

Bingo! That's why I said I never wanted to say I was on a low carb diet. Everything I do now is for a lifetime. But there are other benefits of being on a low card diet as well. 

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:30pm
Yeah this low carb diet thing is going to be temporary but I'm going to alter my regular diet to be similar. I guess I'll do that carb cycling deal as a part of my regular diet.

Anyway, today I did some grocery shopping. Didn't buy anything special. Just bought cheese, romaine lettuce, baked chicken, cherry tomatoes, raw chicken breast and raw beef. I also bought some yummy protein bars but those I can only eat once a day due to it having 25g of carbs. It's such a delicious protein bar- it's called PoeerBar and their peanut butter chocolate bar is the GOAT!

I'm gonna have some eggs later. :D

Posted By: Cocoa
Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:42pm
[​IMG]

Date Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:49pm

I'm so heartbroken...

I just found out corn is not only classified as a vegetable.. but corn is also classified as a GRAIN!!

I LOVE CORN!! Cry

It'll be my cheat day meal. Man, I love eating elote and I thought the mayonnaise and parmesean cheese was what was gonna up the nutritional value and pack on the carbs.

Turns out it's the corn! Cry

I found that out long ago as well. I love corn too. I haven't had it in a while though. 

I clink on the recipe link someone posted above and I'm researching about coconut flour. 

Print Page | Close Window