Print Page | Close Window

More Black Babies Aborted Than Born In NYC

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368688
Printed Date: Dec 12 2017 at 10:48pm

Topic: More Black Babies Aborted Than Born In NYC
Posted By: Marcelo22
Subject: More Black Babies Aborted Than Born In NYC
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 4:02pm
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2014/02/21/horror-more-african-american-babies-aborted-in-nyc-than-born-n1798537" rel="nofollow - http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2014/02/21/horror-more-african-american-babies-aborted-in-nyc-than-born-n1798537

New York City has proven to be a nightmare for unborn babies.

A new report from the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene reveals that, in 2012, more African-American babies were aborted than born. Here are the stunning numbers from the  http://cnsnews.com/sites/default/files/documents/Pregnancy%20Outcomes%20%20NYC%20Health%202012.pdf" rel="nofollow - Summary of Vital Statistics 2012 The City of New York, Pregnancy Outcomes :

The numbers show that in 2012, there were 31,328 induced terminations (abortions) among non-Hispanic black women in New York City. That same year, there were 24,758 live births for non-Hispanic black women in New York City. There were 6,570 more abortions than live births of black children.

In total, there were 73,815 abortions, which means the 31,328 black babies aborted comprised 42.4% of the total abortions.

Once these horrific statistics are digested, the next question must be: Why do so many young women in America’s most populous city feel the need to end their pregnancies? Perhaps the answer lies in the Big Apple’s  http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/features/15248/" rel="nofollow - lack  of common sense restrictions:

New York has remained an island of unrestricted abortion rights. Medicaid pays for abortions for low-income women. Teenagers don’t need a parent’s permission to have an abortion. There are no 24-hour waiting periods.

Unfortunately, the election of Mayor Bill de Blasio is not likely to help stem this trend. The staunchly pro-abortion Democrat has  http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/nyc-mayor-elect-bill-de-blasio-pledges-to-open-more-abortion-clinics-close" rel="nofollow - pledged  to open more abortion clinics and has referred to pro-life pregnancy centers as ‘shams.’

His vision may not be completely realized, however, thanks to a federal appeals court’s recent ruling that city provisions against anti-abortion centers were http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/368776/partial-victory-pro-life-pregnancy-centers-new-york-city-david-french" rel="nofollow - unconstitutional .

Hopefully one day New York will stop living up to its notorious status as the “ http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/features/15248/" rel="nofollow - abortion capital of America .”

Replies:
Posted By: SeducTress
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 4:08pm
Over heard one of my beloved ratchet friends tell someone she could get them a medicaid abortion in new york.

Something like that

Basically, for a lil change, her cousin will let you get an abortion under her name

Chile....

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

Over heard one of my beloved ratchet friends tell someone she could get them a medicaid abortion in new york.

Something like that

Basically, for a lil change, her cousin will let you get an abortion under her name

Chile....

We are DONE!

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 4:19pm
Oh...is that where I need to go to have a quick abortion? Good looking out, op

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 4:25pm
A mess

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 4:27pm
Is this bad or something?
More black women found that it was better for them to not have a baby than have one.
I'm glad they made sound decisions.

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 4:34pm
Well glad we have unrestricted abortions, all this means is more women need to use protection

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 4:40pm
I wonder if those kids were born how many would end up in a *&%^$#@Eed up situation

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 4:52pm
Is this supposed to be bad

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 4:54pm
I wouldn't believe sh*t from a conservative con-job media outlet. They pretend to care about black babies up until the second they are born. Gwon with that BS!

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 5:04pm
Really? You think these women are doing everything they can to prevent pregnancy?

If you can't afford chilren, stop having sex or have it protected WHILE taking bc. They ain't trying hard enough to care

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

More black women found that it was better for them to not have a baby than have one.

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 5:05pm
But people got mad when that Indian doctor said no one wants those ugly black babies. smh. The f*ck do you mean is ending a life bad.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 5:05pm
why is this horrific?

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 5:06pm
Y'all do the utmost in the name of feminism.

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Really? You think these women are doing everything they can to prevent pregnancy?

If you can't afford chilren, stop having sex or have it protected WHILE taking bc. They ain't trying hard enough to care

no one is doing everything they can to prevent pregnancy.

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 5:07pm

I don't feel any type of special way about abortions. 
They are fine with me. 

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 5:08pm
I never identified as a feminist. ever.

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 5:08pm
Nor am I feminist. 
Quite the opposite really.

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

YT feminisism can be attributed to the downfall of the black family. They convinced black women in the late 60's early 70's that their patriarchal fight was shared by black women, when it never was. IMHO, black women's plight is far different from the plight of YT women. Don't get me wrong, I support women's equal rights, however YT women alone have benefited far more from feminism than anyone else.

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

YT feminisism can be attributed to the downfall of the black family. They convinced black women in the late 60's early 70's that their patriarchal fight was shared by black women, when it never was. IMHO, black women's plight is far different from the plight of YT women. Don't get me wrong, I support women's equal rights, however YT women alone have benefited far more from feminism than anyone else.
I disagree.
only time I here about feminism is on bhm and twitter.

not nan black female in my family ever spoke of it. or in my hometown or in my new town.

just internet fluff imo.

and every thing benefits white people. they designed it that way.

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 5:19pm
white people, jim crow, segregation, mental illness, poverty, Christianity and crack is the black family down fall.

technology and music is trying to creep up on the list too

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 5:23pm
dear printer ink. dont come in here playing white devil's adivicoon

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 5:23pm
Well, this is a good read.

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 5:25pm

You might not call it "feminism" but if you unwaveringly believe it's okay simply because the rights of the woman outweigh those of the fetus then that's what it is. You're still saying the child's life is worth nothing regardless of it's mother's ratchet indiscretions--a feminist belief.

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 5:28pm
oh ok

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 5:31pm
lol

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 5:47pm
I guess I'm a unicorn then

no one is doing everything they can to prevent pregnancy.

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 5:52pm
you can't have it both ways alias. group or individual...

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 6:33pm
Sex (unless rape) is an individual's delision always can make that decision for you (unless raped); therefore, resposibility
shall always be placed on the individual

Not all issues are like that do yes you can have it both wasl

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 6:36pm
no you can't. it doesn't work that way.

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 6:43pm
Ok

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 6:44pm
On my phone and I can't type for sh*t

Let's just agree to disagree

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 6:45pm

On my phone and I can't type for sh*t

Let's just agree to disagree
I figured.

my point was no one group... and bringing up individuality makes the black woman angle moot, but this tablet is just as sh*tty

Posted By: MinnyMiss16
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 6:52pm
If you do more research about feminism you will see that more often than not black feminists separate themselves from white feminists or feminists of any race for that matter. Most wholeheartedly understand that their plight is very different than the struggle of whites. If necessary I can provide you with many articles/reports stemming from the beginning of the feminism movement @trudawg.
Also, not only do I not believe this, BUT if this is true , I rather this than children growing up in effed up families and consequently, perpetuating the struggles of the black community. It does suck that this may mean that African Americans as a whole are not using as many preventative measures as they should but I rather have this than the former option.
Now that we know, its great that we can address it. Solutions may come in the form of providing sex ed (a course that is not required in NYC public schools.

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 6:57pm
i don't see the problem. 

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 7:11pm
It doesn't say if ALL these people are residents of NY I know of people that had to travel to NY for abortions because their state has strict abortion laws.

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 7:22pm
I'm sure that devil Ms. Sanger would be proud. 

Posted By: ragincajin
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

I'm sure that devil Ms. Sanger would be proud. 

Oh yes. Sanger and the rest of the Eugenics crowd.
And don't forget about Levitt and Dubner and their correlations between abortion rates and lower crime.
Good grief.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 7:42pm
Certainly don't see this as a good thing.

I want to see the results of this 45 years down the line.

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

But people got mad when that Indian doctor said no one wants those ugly black babies. smh. The f*ck do you mean is ending a life bad.

Skip to 0:55 seconds

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 7:49pm
im so confused. bhm be the main group talking about how republicans only care up til the child is born

is there a bhm adoption agency i don't know about 

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 7:55pm
So in that case I guess we should put all the kids in orphanages and foster care out of their miseries too since no one wants to care for them and they are a burden. Same difference, right?

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:00pm
^^Confusedoh boy

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:13pm

So in that case I guess we should put all the kids in orphanages and foster care out of their miseries too since no one wants to care for them and they are a burden. Same difference, right?

If they wanna die, sure.
I'm all for euthanasia. 

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:24pm
One could say that this is saving the state and it's taxpayers from horrible lazy Black single unemployed food stamp collecting women that folk always complain about.
*sips tea*

Posted By: 305bgirl
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:29pm
There are a lot of young Black women that use abortion as their first choice for birth control, instead of using a condom, a ring, the shot, pills, etc, that to me is sad. I have heard of some Black women having several abortions over short periods of time. That is unhealthy. What if in a few years they marry and want to have a child and the abortions have complicated that? This shows that there needs to be more sex education in our communities. I'm all for women having a choice, so don't get it confused. Our young girls need to be educated on birth control methods more, so that an abortion is pretty much just a last resort after they have tried other methods. This also indicates that a lot of our women are not engaging in safe sex, which also contributes to the high HIV rate among Black women. 

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:32pm
Tragicfully Horrific

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:38pm

If they wanna die, sure.
I'm all for euthanasia. 

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:53pm
i wish people would stop acting like these women don't have their own very good reasons for choosing to abort. if they need someone else to dictate what's best for their reproductive organs and explain common sense type of shyt then they're not ready to be a parent anyway.  nothing is lost here.  they can have a child when they're ready.  that is exactly what happens ALL the time.

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 9:27pm
Didn't read the responses yet... one of the girls at work (not a coworker) got an abortion this week. She was there because she's pregnant and in foster care yet she still aborted. My coworker told me her bf said he didn't want a baby and their families were getting involved ...she's 14.

Even tho I work where I work, one of my coworkers said two of the girls' (14/17) bellies were "so cute" and she couldn't wait til their babies were born

I'm pro choice

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

i wish people would stop acting like these women don't have their own very good reasons for choosing to abort. if they need someone else to dictate what's best for their reproductive organs and explain common sense type of shyt then they're not ready to be a parent anyway.  nothing is lost here.  they can have a child when they're ready.  that is exactly what happens ALL the time.

*squints*

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 10:04pm
the black race should not fret.  i'll be single-handedly revolutionizing the black race when i have a child sometime in the next year and a half, but it won't be on purpose.  i just feel it happening.  i'm giving birth to a left handed social activist. 

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 12:50am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Certainly don't see this as a good thing.

I want to see the results of this 45 years down the line.

Read this thread playing this song Jones

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 1:06am
I am pro life for myself and pro choice for others.  I had my children at 17, 23 and 25.  It was HARD but there are so many pluses now when I look back.  I honestly couldn't rationalize abortion for myself and I have three beautiful, healthy, happy, rounded nerdy little people who love God, love to read and love sports.  I couldn't have asked for better.  

In this day and age I feel like we know how to prevent pregnancy so why not emphasize that?  I remember my mother telling me when I was pregnant with my daughter that a baby was the BEST thing that could come from unprotected, unmarried sex.  When condom use is as accepted as abortion we will have really covered some ground.  Some posters are commenting good, but along with no babies these young women could be exposing themselves to HIV and many other STDs.  They are not honoring themselves enough to make their man cover it up.  Sex shouldn't be a dice roll that ends you up at "the clinic."  

While I am fully pro choice for others (meaning I couldn't have an abortion myself but I feel my choice is my choice and every woman has the right to have her own choice) I can't lie, these numbers sadden me.

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 2:47am
Gurll don't come in here spitting logical sh#t. I just said what you said on the last page but these rawdogging azz Os ain't trying to hear us smh(not saying that all women seeking abortions are because of this reason but a lot are). Let's continue to watch our HIV rates lead the pack and act oblivious to the obvious.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 3:04am
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

that was beautiful.

no comment on the thread tho.Sleepy

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 5:13am
Originally posted by 305bgirl 305bgirl wrote:

Gurll don't come in here spitting logical sh#t. I just said what you said on the last page but these rawdogging azz Os ain't trying to hear us smh(not saying that all women seeking abortions are because of this reason but a lot are). Let's continue to watch our HIV rates lead the pack and act oblivious to the obvious.
raw doggin ass married o's have abortions too.

Lol

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 6:31am
It is what it is. I'm not volunteering to be a foster womb for this magical unwanted fetus relocation program that most certainly exists. I know exactly 1 person in my personal life that has adopted an unwanted child from the foster system. I don't take this fake concern serious at all.

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 7:59am
Most of the abortions were black women between 20-29 if you look at the stats....they know what they're doing. 
We also have the highest pregnancy rate so our birth rate isn't significantly lower than any other group.

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 8:58am
Our HIV rate is also significantly higher and our women not using condoms is why. It all stems from a lack of education. I think a lot of you are missing the bigger issue here, this is an issue of having unprotected sex. People should not be proud to have these numbers. HIV/AIDS is not an issue that should be brushed off.

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 9:08am
This both sad and disgusting.

I'm pro-choice that number is too damn high, especially in comparison to births.

I'm sure there are some genuine cases of accidents or just not feeling ready, but its probably a lot of repeat offenders and folks using abortion as birth control.

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 9:25am
even while i'm a pro-choice, feminist, i'm aware that rampant abortions aren't the answer. for cases of rape and incest, i won't touch those. it's a different animal. 

however, for plenty of women outside of those boundaries, abortion is a form of birth control. while it's their right, it disgusts me. if you don't want children, use preventative birth control methods to not get pregnant in the first place. preferably one and another as a back up and realizing that even then there's a possibility of conception. want a 100% method? try abstinence. 

abortions are not pp's fault. that's not margaret sanger's dead ass fault. that is the fault of stupidity or ignorance of the individuals involved. everyone wants to fück, but nobody wants to accept the consequences/responsibilities that come along with it. 

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 9:39am
Raw dogging azz Os

Dag

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 10:09am
Originally posted by 305bgirl 305bgirl wrote:

Our HIV rate is also significantly higher and our women not using condoms is why. It all stems from a lack of education. I think a lot of you are missing the bigger issue here, this is an issue of having unprotected sex. People should not be proud to have these numbers. HIV/AIDS is not an issue that should be brushed off.

im surprised everyone here is cool with black women going raw with no worries...i make a couple threads bout going raw and im the bad guy! Ermm

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 10:29am
i dont think it has to do with lack of education... 

i may not have had much education but im (test proven) similarly intelligent (i know what can come of not using protection) and ive always gone raw.. ijs 

sometimes ppl just do what they want 

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 10:35am
This article serves exactly one purpose.  To rile up black pro-life support for the next anti-abortion amendment they want to put out there.  I will not be voting for that sh*t so I don't care about their little "research".

Yt Christian evangelists really do know how to get black religious people with that bible don't they?  Been doing it since slavery.  Still doing it all over the world.    Yet they give zero fcks about our babies and for the most part agree that they should be gunned down for looking "suspicious".    If they could get their way without our overwhelming support we would see their true colors.  They would ONLY target abortion clinics in white neighborhoods.  I promise. 

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

im surprised everyone here is cool with black women going raw with no worries...i make a couple threads bout going raw and im the bad guy! Ermm

Unhappy You should always be surprise when EVERYONE anywhere supports anything.  You should be suspicious when that miraculously happens but BHM is amazing that wayStern Smile.

You can literally look through this thread and notice the theme of everyone big-upping the raw dog scenario and somehow miss the fact that someone is already pregnant.  Just not enough focus is given to what someone should have done when talking about what someone should have done after they already didn't do it is utterly pointless?   I thought the thread was about abortion but since we are now focused on safe sex  I support condom use at all sexual events.  All of them.  I also support abortion at any point the mother wishes but I wish everyone used a condom every time they had sex. 

But on BHM support for abortion = Raw Dogging FTWThumbs Up

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 10:46am
Eta:
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

This article serves exactly one purpose. 
^^^ Also true, kfoxx.

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 5:01pm
I am more upset that isreal forced depo on black women unknowingly.

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 5:16pm
All signs are pointing to the possible attempt to exterminate Blk ppl in the near future

Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 5:44pm
There was a thread about Plan B being sold in vending machines on a college campus and BHM folks were supremely upset.  

You can decrease abortion by investing in the welfare of people ( healthcare, nutrition, headstart, maternal leave...) 

Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 5:51pm

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

everyone wants to fück, but nobody wants to accept the  babies that come along. 

fixed

Print Page | Close Window