Print Page | Close Window

Can you dye synthetic hair?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368665
Printed Date: Nov 19 2017 at 12:12pm

Topic: Can you dye synthetic hair?
Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Subject: Can you dye synthetic hair?
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 11:19pm
I have some hair that is just too blonde. I want to possibly put a rinse over it to dull the color. I wouldn't mind keeping the blonde at the bottom for an ombre type look, but I need some dark richness at the top.  I was wondering if that was possible with SYNTHETIC HAIR. The hair itself isn't bad it's just the color that I can't deal with. I'd hate to just waste good hair like that

Replies:
Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 11:25pm
not that i've seen...the colour just rolls off like water off a ducks ass.  I've seen folks colour it with markers(?).  Some say the colour runs and some don't.  I'd try it with one of them real permanent looking markers...if u gone try it.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 11:28pm

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 11:30pm
synthetic? 

throw it away 

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 11:36pm

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 11:37pm
Might as well pay for some cheap human and try it...

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

not that i've seen...the colour just rolls off like water off a ducks ass.  I've seen folks colour it with markers(?).  Some say the colour runs and some don't.  I'd try it with one of them real permanent looking markers...if u gone try it.

_______/\____________

Posted By: 305bgirl
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 11:57pm
Maybe you can buy those sprays or hair chalk.

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 11:58pm
Synthetic Hair?

Blonde synthetic hair?

Coloring with markers??????Confused

Nooooooooooooooooo!!

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 12:02am
why buy synthetic for color?  their color always looks hella manufactured...when i want to experiment with bleaching and ombre i buy some cheap sh*t off ali express...it's not of the quality to be used over and over and over like other vendors(i notice some texture change after a while) but it DOES take color well for when you want a quick look change.

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 12:07am
Synthetic hair gets a bad wrap.  Whyyy??? I think it's the media trying to convince women that you aint sh*t unless you are wearing bundles from the internet. I've seen some women wearing premium human hair that look a mess because it looks fake

In my experiences, it can look really realistic which is what I'm going for anyway. Not to knock human hair, but it just isn't a must have for me.  I don't mind spending less than $80 a pack for some hair that I won't be wearing for a month anyway.

I just can't see me spending all day coloring this weave with a Sharpie marker. i might just have to give it away to a friend who can suit this color

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 12:08am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

_______/\____________

what? LOL  I had a unit that I wanted to experiment on and did a bit of searching.  This one dude who works with wigs for theatre likened it to "chalking" your hair.

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 12:12am
I've "dyed" synthetic hair before with permanent markers. The ink runs something serious.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 12:52am
fabric dye? 

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 12:54am
I never spent more than 40 dollars on weave.....I don't know how yall do it lol

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 2:18am
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

fabric dye? 

slides off.

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 2:22am

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 2:26am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

_______/\____________
LOLLOL

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 2:28am
it's funny.....a CV musta let that cat outta the bag.  all the vids i'm coming across talking about the acrylic ink method seems to be made around the same time.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 7:23am
anything said would be viewed as shade, good luck!

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 7:35am
They make really cheap human hair ya know. 

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 7:38am
This girl trollin.

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:34am
Now you know this thread + buying a home thread ain't making a lick of sense right?

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:41am
What is the big deal with synthetic hair? I can't believe chicks are really trying to stunt on hair that doesn't even grow out of their scalps to begin with! If anything the only chicks who should be stuntin like that are the Brazilians, Peruvians and Indians that yall are rocking. I'm just sayinn..If it looks good it looks good.

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:49am
I know better than to believe that Brazilian women are being scalped on a daily to make wefts for me to buy. That is a Aliexpress myth Wink

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

What is the big deal with synthetic hair? I can't believe chicks are really trying to stunt on hair that doesn't even grow out of their scalps to begin with! If anything the only chicks who should be stuntin like that are the Brazilians, Peruvians and Indians that yall are rocking. I'm just sayinn..If it looks good it looks good.

This thread was bait though, right? LOL You don't fool me.

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 9:29am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

easy...

priorities

...folks stay mad at  stereotypes tho

Posted By: el_bandido
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 9:49am
even i know you cant do that 

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 9:53am
Originally posted by el_bandido el_bandido wrote:

even i know you cant do that 
LOLLOLLOL

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 11:43am
here's an old thread OP

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/can-you-color-synthetic-hair_topic160481.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/can-you-color-synthetic-hair_topic160481.html

I don't know about the fabric dye. I'm sure ND is right. But I could have sworn that's what my older sis told me she used to use to dye her afro wigs back in the 60's.

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 1:43pm

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 1:48pm
Everyone doesn't plan on being buried in a weave...

Op: I don't know. I'm sure ur TEMPORARY style will slay though

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 9:47pm
Thanks for the link....yeah I'm just not gonna bother with it. Too much work

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 10:50pm
@Blac go to YouTube and look up Grrrcedes she wears synthetic weave and she rocks it well. She even wears freetrese and it comes in various colors. GL

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 11:09pm

I know right? I'm having a damn good first weave experience with my mid range human bss hair. The.12 in was $40 and the 14 in.was $50. It hasn't shed one bit.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 11:10pm
When you go good hair its hard to go back.......LOL

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by aNgElIc*SoUl aNgElIc*SoUl wrote:

I know right? I'm having a damn good first weave experience with my mid range human bss hair. The.12 in was $40 and the 14 in.was $50. It hasn't shed one bit.

You overpaid. 

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

The chick that worked in the store had some bundle hair in, but it looked a mess. She said she had been using the same hair for almost 3 years . Is that possible?

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

You overpaid. 

Lol, that was actually the cheapest place I could find it around my neck of the woods. I didn't lime the hair the stylist recommended, it was very shiny and thin.

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 11:22pm

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

The chick that worked in the store had some bundle hair in, but it looked a mess. She said she had been using the same hair for almost 3 years . Is that possible?

Im not talking that aliexpress mess.....LOL

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 11:28pm
my first weave was wags and it lasts. 
ive never used bss hair so i cant really compare.. dont wanna though. 

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 12:09am
I've heard of women paying $300+ for some human hair. I don't mean aliexpress hair, but they have special vendors and sh*t.  not all of those women's hair be laid like that. If I'm spending a car note on some hair (not including install) that shyt better make me look like I'm mixed with cablinasian and it grew out of my very own follicles. I don't want to wear the same hair for months and months, I like to mix it up and have variety.

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 12:32am
That has nothing to do with the hair quality tho.....that has everything to do with the stylist...

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 6:36am
Synthetic has its place. Dying something so cheap is a waste of dye and time. Donate, re purpose it, or throw it away.

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 6:53am
Synthetic hair is cheap
just buy more hair

Print Page | Close Window