Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368555
Printed Date: Jan 16 2018 at 2:03am

Topic: Micro-loop extension PICS..
Posted By: MarilynMakeeba
Subject: Micro-loop extension PICS..
Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 8:46pm
Micro-loop extensions are what's hot now! It's painless, braidless, glue free and easy to manage.

My client in the video has thin hair and wanted to add fullness...

Click on the pic below and watch...

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc356/onlinestylist/Mobile%20Uploads/trim8EA6D5D1-D8AB-4320-878C-AE1C4A3B8904.mp4" rel="nofollow">

Replies:
Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 9:17pm
As a hairstylist do you ask your clients to get hair that matches their own texture? She ordered some Lord & Cliff microlink hair and she wrong.

Do you ever say I can't do that and turn them away?

Was the installed hair a different color for a highlight effect?

Do you feel these decisions effect the integrity of your work?

(shade free zone)

Posted By: MsPrettySissy
Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

As a hairstylist do you ask your clients to get hair that matches their own texture? She ordered some Lord & Cliff microlink hair and she wrong.

Do you ever say I can't do that and turn them away?

Was the installed hair a different color for a highlight effect?

Do you feel these decisions effect the integrity of your work?

(shade free zone)

I was thinking the same thing smh

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 9:59pm
OP, why did you do your client like that?  Knowing damn well the texture of those extensions didn't match her hair?  Why didn't you do anything to treat her ripped up edges?

Those little strings look like they would cause some serious dreading problems.  So much wrong with this.

Posted By: blackarosoe
Date Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 12:07am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

OP, why did you do your client like that?  Knowing damn well the texture of those extensions didn't match her hair?  Why didn't you do anything to treat her ripped up edges?

Those little strings look like they would cause some serious dreading problems.  So much wrong with this.

I agree and as a stylist you need to be honest and not thinking in dollar signs.honesty is the best policy smh

Posted By: yayatheprincess
Date Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 12:38am
CryCryCryCry

the texture, color, luster, length.
wrong wrong wrong.
i am so upset that you even did this to your client. and i feel bad that she really went through with this. i remember back when i was interested in microloop/fusion extensions back when i was like 15-16 i even went to caucasian operated salons and they explained to me that i would need coarse, textured hair. this is wrong. that poor high ponytail gonna look so tired.

Date Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 12:42am
oh. my.
there's a video.
this does not look natural at alllll. there could have been sooo many other ways to fix this. Cry

Date Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 7:00am
                                                                   Unhappy 

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 7:27am
#coversface#...no bueno

Posted By: MsPrettySissy
Date Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 11:53am
Oh gosh the video just makes it even worse...the blending is horrific and its not even full enough smh...I would've been pissed if I was the client.

Posted By: RedWine
Date Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 12:09pm
This is an example of why I do my own hair. Stylist don't give a dam. The average stylist will have you looking like a fool and many  don't care about the health of the hair.

Posted By: meryl
Date Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 2:44pm
[IMG][/IMG]

I love our $65 micro links-they look natural and great for ladies with pixie cuts-like the one in the top left and the other 3 are $35 partial sew ins from us

@affchairstudios on Instagram [IMG]http:// http://s64.photobucket.com/user/AffcHairstudios/media/_zps3a7ebfb8.jpg. - [/IMG]

Date Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 3:02pm
anyone selling dvds, mixtapes, airbrushed t shirts,tattoos at home, incense, candles, shea butter, perfumes, gift cards, you do taxes, cut grass, shovel snow, tutor kids, braid hair, lashes , babysit, drywall, fix computers, jail break phones, work on cars, cater food?

fo reals, this what we doing up here Confused

Posted By: PrettyLittleFrench
Date Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 3:34pm
That's so bold Ermm

Posted By: miiszjanae
Date Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 4:33pm
Wow..OP that install is not a good look. Confused

Posted By: rebelle .
Date Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 4:55pm
LMAO.

Posted By: *SkolarStar*
Date Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 7:38pm
This is a joke riiiiiiiiight?

Posted By: prettycitygirl
Date Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 8:00pm
And she posted that foolishness PROUDLY!... like really???? Some people have no chill

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 8:16pm

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 9:46am
The color we used is what she always uses. She likes that color. Also, as for styling it, I did not style her hair as she wants to do it for herself and with the price I charge ($250) it does not include styling. I also traveled to her home. She likes to cut, style her own hair.

I have a lot of clients who come to me after their hair becomes damaged, and I consult with them and come up with other ways for them to help them grow and care or their hair.

I hope my pictures are not offending anyone as I was just sharing, I apologize if I did not explain any further what was going on in the pic. I always speak with my clients about what they are getting done to their hair. Sometimes people like what they like and want what they want.

In the past I have been blamed for hairstyles not coming out right after the client has left from me, tried to do their own thing, then they would come back and want me to do something totally different with their hair because the were just trying something new and they did not feel like I deserved to get paid while they experiment with different styles.

My clients get more for their money.

If anyone is interested in my services you can view more of my work on Instagram @marilynmakeeba

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 9:53am
I almost forgot Micro-loop extentions are very pricey. I originally charge $350 (with styling ) and $250 is just a special I am offering .....that price is still awesome

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 9:56am
Word of advice only post your best work online.....and stay away from before and after or add a explanation when you do.....

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 10:00am
Originally posted by MarilynMakeeba MarilynMakeeba wrote:

The color we used is what she always uses. She likes that color. Also, as for styling it, I did not style her hair as she wants to do it for herself and with the price I charge ($250) it does not include styling. I also traveled to her home. She likes to cut, style her own hair.

I have a lot of clients who come to me after their hair becomes damaged, and I consult with them and come up with other ways for them to help them grow and care or their hair.

I hope my pictures are not offending anyone as I was just sharing, I apologize if I did not explain any further what was going on in the pic. I always speak with my clients about what they are getting done to their hair. Sometimes people like what they like and want what they want.

In the past I have been blamed for hairstyles not coming out right after the client has left from me, tried to do their own thing, then they would come back and want me to do something totally different with their hair because the were just trying something new and they did not feel like I deserved to get paid while they experiment with different styles.

If anyone is interested in my services you can view more of my work on Instagram @marilynmakeeba

Just because that is the color she ALWAYS uses does not excuse the fact that it does not match her hair color and did you suggest her buying a texture closer to her own? At the end of the day her decisions reflect YOUR WORK, if you are okay with the end result so be it but I would not have attached my name to such a disaster then say you gave her a discount of $100 off of something that your normally charge $350 for.ConfusedConfused

The state of your clients hair health CryCryCry

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 10:10am

Just because that is the color she ALWAYS uses does not excuse the fact that it does not match her hair color and did you suggest her buying a texture closer to her own? At the end of the day her decisions reflect YOUR WORK, if you are okay with the end result so be it but I would not have attached my name to such a disaster then say you gave her a discount of $100 off of something that your normally charge $350 for.ConfusedConfused

The state of your clients hair health CryCryCry

I understand. I am very knowledgeable about hair textures and such. Why are you ladies coming for me. Go visit my instagram page and check out more of my work. I am not the one who wronged you in the past. I am not that type of stylist. Her hair health is very well considered and underway. The condition of her hair is not from my own doing, if that is what you are insinuating.

I will say this, when a person goes to multiple hairstylist in search of a better deal or or they attempt to do what a hairstylist can do, this is one of the results.

Why would I want to damage someones hair?
What do I get out of it?
I am my own spokes person, as I am 100% natural and my hair is past BSL....

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 10:17am
Here we go with the "why are you guys coming for me routine" 

Okay her hair is beat to death honeySmile

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 10:21am

her hair is beat to death honey

I understand...We are working on it!Smile...Besides, that really just the top portion of her hair that is not like the rest of her hair, although her hair is thin

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 10:23am
I can see you ladies are done with hairstylist lol...are you natural Princess Grace?

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 10:26am
Their not saying you are damaging people hair. They are saying instead of advising your clients that these styles are not the best option for them you go right ahead and do installs using hair you can't possible blend without tons of heat.

But then again I understand people will still do what they want....BHM is proof of that......people will sacrifice their hair for a weave that looks decent.....

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 10:32am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Their not saying you are damaging people hair. They are saying instead of advising your clients that these styles are not the best option for them you go right ahead and do installs using hair you can't possible blend without tons of heat.

But then again I understand people will still do what they want....BHM is proof of that......people will sacrifice their hair for a weave that looks decent.....

Lmbo... yes girl....I can only make it look as good and prevent the links or wefts from being visible...

But no, I dont just do what I want....I have had a few clients from BHM whom have experienced, before coming to me, just paying and not receiving what they asked for or advised on what would be better for them. So I understand why they are responding to me like this...

Posted By: kandyse1988
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 12:00pm
WOW....This is the reason why I don't go to certain stylists because its sad that its about making money in general... its about hair care first and always... if blending is going to be hard don't do it... plz
God

Posted By: kandyse1988
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 12:01pm

Here we go with the "why are you guys coming for me routine" 

Okay her hair is beat to death honeySmile

Princess Grace you just killed me just now lol.... I see you wasn't lying in the NO thread.... Her hair is beat to death honey lol

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 12:11pm

okay, let's ignore the color. if that's the color she wanted, so be it. the problem is the texture. it is definitely no where near her texture. she'd have to press her hair to death to blend natural. the ponytail looks like a phony pony clip on in the final portion. no one was coming for you. it's just, you're posting your install and if i were personally looking for a micro loop extensionist and seen this video, i would not go to you. if her hair seemed damaged, why let it get more damaged by apply barbie hair that doesn't blend without extreme heat? and it appears as if you have a "i reduced my price, you should be happy" attitude in a way. but if she liked it, so be it. let her swang.

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 12:19pm

I can see you ladies are done with hairstylist lol...are you natural Princess Grace?

If this is where we spin this into Grace doesn't like hair stylist and has some type of natural hair agenda let us travel down a different path mmmkay. lolSmile

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 12:24pm
yaya what about that ponytail give you the impression that anything was swanging????Confused Them lonely strands of silkyness would barely blow during a tornado and if perhaps they did all they would do is move to the side so her natural texture could try and make a stand.

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 12:32pm

yaya what about that ponytail give you the impression that anything was swanging????Confused Them lonely strands of silkyness would barely blow during a tornado and if perhaps they did all they would do is move to the side so her natural texture could try and make a stand.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
i really just busted out laughing at "give you the impression that anything was swanging"
i even searched her ig since she broadcasted it and i really couldn't deal. if her client was satisfied with that 2.25 oz of silky straight #6 i'm just going to keep my mouth shut. all i'm saying is a BLACK hairstylist should know how to assist a BLACK client. i remember when i had super straight permed and pressed hair and visited a white micro loop stylist she explained to me that i would need textured hair regardless of how "straight" my hair looked to me at that time. and here we have a stylist with textured hair saying "no this barbie silky is okay, it'll look great"... let me go mind my business and track my own weave delivery.

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by yayatheprincess yayatheprincess wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
i really just busted out laughing at "give you the impression that anything was swanging"
i even searched her ig since she broadcasted it and i really couldn't deal. if her client was satisfied with that 2.25 oz of silky straight #6 i'm just going to keep my mouth shut. all i'm saying is a BLACK hairstylist should know how to assist a BLACK client. i remember when i had super straight permed and pressed hair and visited a white micro loop stylist she explained to me that i would need textured hair regardless of how "straight" my hair looked to me at that time. and here we have a stylist with textured hair saying "no this barbie silky is okay, it'll look great"... let me go mind my business and track my own weave delivery.

Gurrl, I will alternate between laid to the Gods and Beat to deaf as my response. If I EVER EVER post any pictures of a stingy ponytail I expect you guys to pull my coat tail. 

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 1:46pm
"tossled"

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 1:48pm

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Gurrl, I will alternate between laid to the Gods and Beat to deaf as my response. If I EVER EVER post any pictures of a stingy ponytail I expect you guys to pull my coat tail. 

You know my ass will.....LOL...

Posted By: miiszjanae
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

"tossled"

NoooooDeadLOL

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 2:20pm
^^^ $250 US dollars

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by miiszjanae miiszjanae wrote:

"tossled"

NoooooDeadLOL

Wink...LOL

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

$250!

I mean you didn't even flat iron her hair before you applied, not even sure if you did after

did you keep it kinky so the loops would stay in longer?
you need to take a look at the next thread as well

Posted By: DonBellaDiva
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 2:31pm
McDEATH!!! 

DeadDeadDead @ that video and those puffy ass dry edges sticking up from those stringy .02 ounce strands hanging chile. LMAOOOO I just can't today!LOL

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 2:37pm

Just go with the flow, things are not like they used to be. We now wear tossled weaves......

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 2:43pm
I will be honest, I thought the OP posted those pics and video to be funny, Like look at this shyt lol. Yikes!

*leaves*

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 2:43pm
that was the look she was going for. that's my answer and i'm sticking to it.

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 2:46pm
Yaya plz go to the corner....and face the wallLOL

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 2:51pm
Yaya now now, that ponytail has way too much density. We discussed this already, it needs to he whispy and tossled. 

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

Yaya plz go to the corner....and face the wallLOL

butttt... i don't wanna Cry

Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 2:59pm

"tossled"

I knew it was her LOL
I did not want to be the first to say it!

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by spencer4hire spencer4hire wrote:

"tossled"

I knew it was her LOL
I did not want to be the first to say it!

ClapLOLClap

Posted By: DonBellaDiva
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 3:31pm

that was the look she was going for. that's my answer and i'm sticking to it.

GOOD DAY YAYA! DeadCry Dead

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 4:28pm
I missed the op pic. But that pic yaya posted made up for it lol

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 4:53pm
OP, you will NOT make excuses for putting a weave on a woman's hair when the weave doesn't match your client's texture by a long shot.  The end result simply looks horrid.  It actually LOOKS like chunks of hair pasted into hers.  Unless that's the look she was going for, you had no business charging $250 to do that to her.  If that's the color she wanted, her hair should have at least been dyed to match. 

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 5:15pm
the customer is always right...maybe the client ordered that #30 hair for her #1B transitioning hair b/c that is what she always gets and isnt interested in changing.

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 5:29pm

the customer is always right...maybe the client ordered that #30 hair for her #1B transitioning hair b/c that is what she always gets and isnt interested in changing.

the customer can sometimes be wrong and at some point does integrity come into play and you say....

I understand you like to wear microlinks but it would look better if we found some in a more complimenting texture and color. We could either use some high lift and change the color of your hair or order some in your natural color. I understand you like to style your own hair but when people ask who does yoru hair I would like your hair to be a good example of my best work and right now this is not the case. If she is not willing to budge then you wish her luck and let her find another stylist, you only get one chance to make a first impression and those pictures are not helping your cause.

The client wanting to style her own hair is one thing, but it seemed as if you put 3 rows of microlinks in her hair and left. Not even a good blowdrying with a brush took place to even TRY and make her hair straighter. For $250 she at least deserves a few dabs of edge control.

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 6:02pm

the customer can sometimes be wrong and at some point does integrity come into play and you say....

I understand you like to wear microlinks but it would look better if we found some in a more complimenting texture and color. We could either use some high lift and change the color of your hair or order some in your natural color. I understand you like to style your own hair but when people ask who does yoru hair I would like your hair to be a good example of my best work and right now this is not the case. If she is not willing to budge then you wish her luck and let her find another stylist, you only get one chance to make a first impression and those pictures are not helping your cause.

The client wanting to style her own hair is one thing, but it seemed as if you put 3 rows of microlinks in her hair and left. Not even a good blowdrying with a brush took place to even TRY and make her hair straighter. For $250 she at least deserves a few dabs of edge control.

What I think and what I see are two different thingsLOL I think that it is highway robbery and a really awful thing to put a poorly matched color/texture/damaging style/etc on a person but I have seen enough scenarios in person and on youtube videos to know that every salon has at least a few of those customers that have a ummm...different view of hair styles/haircare than I and the mainstream do (think of those videos where certain women have 1 kilo of weave in their hair and are only happy when that kilo is bone straight)....at that point, you can not be the fashion police as that is not what you are hired to do in a service position. You can only tell them that you prefer not to do the technique and explain all of the reasons of why it is professionally a bad idea.

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 7:09pm
Weave Intervention:

Grace :Do you accept the help that is being offered to you????

OP: The client loves her hair, she orders this color all the time, there is nothing wrong with the styling.

Packs up linking tools, sticks $250 in bra and skeets off.

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 7:45pm
mannnnn LOLLOLLOLLOL

Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 8:05pm
In all seriousness, are you licensed? You do realize that as a licensed professional we MUST provide a service to clients and give them their monies worth. I honestly don't see why so many people allow some stylist go get away with stuff like this! Would you go to a restaurant and order/ pay for lobster but get a can of tuna and simply eat it???? She can sue you, unless you are one of those stylists that do waivers to avoid blame. I too am a licensed stylist and salon owner. In no way shape or form would I nor would I allow any of my stylist to do such work. $250 for well done micro links is a good price, however she did not get her monies worth and I suggest you get in contact with the client immediately. One shady messy move can completely ruin your reputation. You have linked your Instagram to this work, what are you going to do to fix this?

Date Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 10:25pm
See, I went into that other thread, like, her work is pretty okay.  The thing that bothered me was the chewed up edges her clients seem to have.  If my client's edges looked like this or like they do in the other thread, there is no way I would ever attempt braiding it up, even if you are trying to show how undetectable your weaves are.

I am seriously trying to figure out how OPs hair can be so nice and so thick, yet her clients' hair seems to look so short, damaged and screaming for hope of edges.  How do you put work up of clients whose hair line starts at the edge of their ears? 

If you want to call yourself a hair stylist or even be remotely serious about your claims of being into healthy hair, you need to go back and practice healthy hair care BEFORE doing all this to your clients.

Posted By: javagirl
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 1:53pm
I just died laughing when I read your replies.  She had to remove the video, yall got at her so bad.  LOLLOL

Posted By: alynxx
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 3:25pm
Oh so y'all don't ftp round these parts no mo. I missed the pic!Unhappy

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 3:55pm
So the pics are gone.

I hope we can turn this into an experience we can all learn from.

LOL

Posted By: harley_quinn
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by alynxx alynxx wrote:

Lol right.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 8:59pm
Me coming in all late.....Can I get a right click or a instagram page por favor?? I dont see shattt in this thread.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 9:06pm
http://instagram.com/p/krnd_mSHAc/

SOmebadyyy make is clickable. Yall aint shatttttttt

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 9:12pm
I was slipping on my right click mafia antics, sorry bana. Cry

Picture this....

Some slightly dry natural hair
Ends to be trimmed, deep conditioning on back order, edges are sketchy at best and about a 4 something texture. Think Italian Yaki in a 1bish

Micro Link hair is a #6, that odd brown color
Micro link hair is the texture of the complexion with the protection aka known as white peoples It is silky and fine. It looks like the Lord and Cliff links available on Hair Sisters

Now picture this hair being parted in the crown area, insert two rows of microlinks

BAM install is complete and put up in a wispy tossled ponytail Confused if you about to ask about a pressing comb, blending, edge control, gel, fullness of install, textures  clashes, colors clashing DON"T MMMKAY

This was done for $250 the discounted rate , that is usually $350

I have covered all basis but feel free to post any other questions. 

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

http://instagram.com/p/krnd_mSHAc/" rel="nofollow - http://instagram.com/p/krnd_mSHAc/

SOmebadyyy make is clickable. Yall aint shatttttttt

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 11:09pm

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 11:44pm
LMAO.....

Posted By: shepherd007
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 11:45pm
i just want to say,micro loop is a good optiong for hair extensions

Posted By: BaileyAlexandria
Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 11:59pm
^silence troll.

this thread hurts my heart for many reasons. i take NO joy in any of this. LAWD

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 2:13am
i told my stylist that i want her to do ks microloops on my hair. i'll be sure to do a thread.

Posted By: Butta Cookie
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 8:50am
Noooooooooooooooo

But did yall see the lady who asked how much?! Bish . . .what the fk is wrobg with you? I need to creat me an instagram because I has some questions!

Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Butta Cookie Butta Cookie wrote:

Noooooooooooooooo

But did yall see the lady who asked how much?! Bish . . .what the fk is wrobg with you? I need to creat me an instagram because I has some questions!
NO u don't...stomp on in Dem Chanel boots ...because your eyes definitely not playing tricks on you.

Posted By: MissLDB
Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 6:16pm
Marilyn, you are wrong for this and to sit behind the computer screen and try to justify is even worse.  I wish I knew that lady.  I would tell her to take you to Judge Judy.  That is wrong.  Her hair looks a mess and if you don't know that, you need to go back to beauty school.  You have no morals or integrity and the fact that you have it plastered over the internet is disgusting.  Her hair looks a mess and I bet if we ride around Lithonia/Duluth/Atlanta, that lady is walking around with a scarf/headband/hat.  That makes no sense to take someone's hard earned money like that.  You should be ashamed.  

Posted By: xx_quanna_x
Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 9:57pm

Ermm

Posted By: josieteeh
Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 10:54pm
This WHOLE thread got me over here gasping for air! I cannot take it! Lmao

Posted By: purpleredrose
Date Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 6:55am
Originally posted by alynxx alynxx wrote:

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 7:30am
This isn't the worst that I have seen. 

I've seen people come from a salon with a huge ass "invisible" part that you can stick three fingers through etc....and the clients think they look amazing. So if the customer is happy and WANTS something to look that way then really is she wrong for doing it that way? Lets say that she did give her warning and she didn't care. Now what? Does she not perform the service?

At the end of the day, her client knows good and damn well her hair ain't silky nor that color. Some people, despite their stylists warnings, insist there hair look a certain way any way. She could have very well wanted that color installed but didn't want her hair dyed. That could have been the cheapest hair she could find, etc at the end of the day you dont have to be a stylist to know that your 4b transitioning hair is not going to match barbie doll weave. 

With all that being said, I never would have shown this on BHM. 

The rest of her work on her instagram doesn't even look like this. You want all images as well as your clients overall look to be reflective of you. 

Posted By: Nitty0102
Date Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 1:17pm
Okayyyyyy.... I was thinking about getting micro rings but I thought twice due to the hair texture the stylist was offering. My hair is very much a 4c and would not blend with the Brazilian body wave they offered.

Hmmm I don't know what to say regarding the pictures as you stated this is what your client wanted...

As long as you made her aware that there were two different hair types then you have done your part

Posted By: joileprincess
Date Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 8:34pm
Oh my, does she only have 2 ounces installed? There are certain things that just shouldn't be done, even if the person is paying. All money isn't good money especially if it damages your reputation.

Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

This isn't the worst that I have seen. 

I've seen people come from a salon with a huge ass "invisible" part that you can stick three fingers through etc....and the clients think they look amazing. So if the customer is happy and WANTS something to look that way then really is she wrong for doing it that way? Lets say that she did give her warning and she didn't care. Now what? Does she not perform the service?

At the end of the day, her client knows good and damn well her hair ain't silky nor that color. Some people, despite their stylists warnings, insist there hair look a certain way any way. She could have very well wanted that color installed but didn't want her hair dyed. That could have been the cheapest hair she could find, etc at the end of the day you dont have to be a stylist to know that your 4b transitioning hair is not going to match barbie doll weave. 

With all that being said, I never would have shown this on BHM. 

The rest of her work on her instagram doesn't even look like this. You want all images as well as your clients overall look to be reflective of you. 

She may not be wrong for doing it that way. She is wrong for posting it here like its hot. The pride with which the install is shown illustrates the values of the stylist. If she was not ok with the monstrosity. She would have said " This hair does not match, but this way you can see what the procedure looks like." 

Print Page | Close Window