Print Page | Close Window

Getting older

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368516
Printed Date: Jul 20 2018 at 10:09am

Topic: Getting older
Posted By: zsazsa
Subject: Getting older
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 7:10am
I was discussing this with a friend yesterday. What stuff have you noticed about yourself that you used to do with ease/be non phased about but now seems a right pain in the arse...maybe due to age?

Me: I can't drink socially without paying the price of murderous hangovers that take days to recover

Going to bed late...I pay the price when I'm at work and can't stay up

Going out clubbing...I have to really prepare myself mentally. I prefer going to meals and being tucked up in bed before midnight

I have become quite judgemental and old in thinking "she must be freezing in that mini dress without tights" "did her parents see what she's wearing"

I worry far more about the state of The world and where we are all heading. If I think about it for too long I feel breathless

I spend hours comparing house and car insurance. Heck I'm even interestes in coupons

I buy shoes with a bum face "can I walk in them" argh

Finding a very faint chin hair on my chin chin hasn't helped lol.

Replies:
Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 7:13am
going out, getting in at 3 and getting to work for 7.30/8am

those days are gone.

id have to be like my city friends and start a coke habit just to do it..

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 7:17am
ive become more steadfast in my pan africanist ideals

i think about retirement a lot more and where i wanna retire.. sh*t nigguh im only 33!!

i used to not care bout work relationships, now i think more about being ruthless and fuccking everyone over and the value of schmoozing just a lil bit

ditto on the insurance home car mobile any type.

Posted By: blackarosoe
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 7:35am
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

I was discussing this with a friend yesterday. What stuff have you noticed about yourself that you used to do with ease/be non phased about but now seems a right pain in the arse...maybe due to age?

Me: I can't drink socially without paying the price of murderous hangovers that take days to recover

Going to bed late...I pay the price when I'm at work and can't stay up

Going out clubbing...I have to really prepare myself mentally. I prefer going to meals and being tucked up in bed before midnight

I have become quite judgemental and old in thinking "she must be freezing in that mini dress without tights" "did her parents see what she's wearing"

I worry far more about the state of The world and where we are all heading. If I think about it for too long I feel breathless

I spend hours comparing house and car insurance. Heck I'm even interestes in coupons

The bold

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 8:33am
Losing weight

I told my bf recently that you know you're getting old when you realize you've lost a few unexpected pounds, and rather than being thrilled with glee (or hardly noticing at all), you are worried that you might have an illness. lol.

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:02am
Well, things change as you age .. but it's better than the alternative - death.

Me? At 58 ..my grooming routine has to be bumped up. Nails, skin care - face mask/exfoliating, feet, hairs on my chin, all these girl things need extra time. Especially my dry feet. On the bright side since my routine is downpat, I only have to use a bit of Mac face powder and my complexion is perfect. (no wrinkles either)

Every morning getting out of bed is cranky on the bones, it's harder to lose weight, if I stay out late dancing, drinking the next day I am dragging more. I need 8.5 hours of sleep a night be 100 percent.

The world? Heck I'm done worrying about it. I figure I have a good 25 years left so I plan to enjoy myself and retire comfortably. If the world goes to hell in a hand basket - okay because after I'm gone (shrugs) my problems are over.

Men, they are all over me but(shrugs) but I don't need any of them. Now that's a blessing that every women should realize EARLY on - will save you all those headaches. I can enjoy them but if it gets to be too much of a headache .. then I will send them back into the universe so I can get back to the important business .. of MY life (work, Salsa dancing, travel, weight training, foriegn language acquisition, authorship and the list goes on.) A girl's gotta stay focused.

So, yes on the whole .. old age is pretty darn good. :) Mainly because you finally figure some stuff out.

Take a lessen girls.

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:22am
Still under 30: I always said no kids before 25 because our body's aren't fully matured. When I was almost 26 I think all my hormones rushed in lol. I could register that things were sad, joyous, etc. but I didn't cry. All of a damn sudden I started crying at movies, commercials, cards . Not balling but my eyes well up, Imma G

I'm not an emotional person. My bf at that time said it was apart of growing up Ill update as I get older lol

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:25am
I used to be able to eat anything, the greasier and spicier the better but those day have passed. I pay dearly for eating the wrong foods now.

Other than food issues, age has improved me. I'm more patient and tolerant.

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:32am
I'm still 22 turning 23 this year and i feel like i am entitled to a free bus pass.

I've been more concerned with looking after my skin though

Posted By: KFORKARESS
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:36am
I'm more sensitive to things than I used to be. I watched The Lion King recently and wanted to cry, lol. I used to watch surgery shows & 1,000 ways to die now I can't. Cry in church. Cry, Cry, Cry.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:40am
ive learned to be more grateful..
im not as much of a biitch anymore 

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:47am
In my late thirties, an I notice I don't put much stock in the opinions of younger folks anymore, (no shade) because when I look back, I seriously didn't know sh*t in my teens & early twenties compared to what I know now, and what I will know in the years to come.

A few of my buddies, my age an older love to date younger women, but I find it hard to carry on a conversation with them and find myself feigning connections them.

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:56am
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

In my late thirties, an I notice I don't put much stock in the opinions of younger folks anymore, (no shade) because when I look back, I seriously didn't know sh*t in my teens & early twenties compared to what I know now, and what I will know in the years to come.

A few of my buddies, my age an older love to date younger women, but I find it hard to carry on a conversation with them and find myself feigning connections them.

only kiddingLOL

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:57am

In my late thirties, an I notice I don't put much stock in the opinions
of younger folks anymore, (no shade) because when I look back, I seriously didn't
know sh*t in my teens & early twenties compared to what I know now,
and what I will know in the years to come.

A few of my buddies,
my age an older love to date younger women, but I find it hard to carry
on a conversation with them and find myself feigning connections them.

ive always had a hard time dating younger chicks

i had a no under 26 policy for yeaaaaaaaaars and i agree with you to an extent

however ive been pleasantly surprised

i also get why older men dating younger women, lets face it, they more supple (im not saying all) but in most cases. a tit feels like a tit and not a deflated stretched out piece of rubber etc (im being dramatic but you get the idea) and some men find dealing with women their age to be less malleable and less likely to succumb to their bullsh*t

i do have no patience for bullsh*t though..

Posted By: Lite Brite
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

When I was almost 26 I think all my hormones rushed in lol. I could register that things were sad, joyous, etc. but I didn't cry. All of a damn sudden I started crying at movies, commercials, cards . Not balling but my eyes well up, Imma G

I'm not an emotional person. My bf at that time said it was apart of growing up Ill update as I get older lol

LOL same for me! I think it was around 25-26 as well. SMH I think there's really something to it.

I'm not emotional either.. so it bothered me. Like, I still don't cry about stuff thats like stressful for me.. but my eyes might water up watching a cancer story on the news or some random commercial with a cute starving baby

The same for my friend around 25

Posted By: eanaj5
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

The bold is me right nah Ouch...i'll be 21 very shortly LOL

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:01am
I like healthy food more.

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:03am
Do i even qualify to post in this thread? ConfusedLOLStern Smile

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:03am
nvm said it in another thread so i wont derail this one 

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:05am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Originally posted by KFORKARESS KFORKARESS wrote:

I like healthy food more.

you have the same profile pic as the petty labelle username.. 
why post under two names...? 

bc I wanted a new name but I don't have access to post in this section with my other..yet.

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:08am

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

In my late thirties, an I notice I don't put much stock in the opinions
of younger folks anymore, (no shade) because when I look back, I seriously didn't
know sh*t in my teens & early twenties compared to what I know now,
and what I will know in the years to come.

A few of my buddies,
my age an older love to date younger women, but I find it hard to carry
on a conversation with them and find myself feigning connections them.

ive always had a hard time dating younger chicks

i had a no under 26 policy for yeaaaaaaaaars and i agree with you to an extent

however ive been pleasantly surprised

i also get why older men dating younger women, lets face it, they more supple (im not saying all) but in most cases. a tit feels like a tit and not a deflated stretched out piece of rubber etc (im being dramatic but you get the idea) and some men find dealing with women their age to be less malleable and less likely to succumb to their bullsh*t

i do have no patience for bullsh*t though..

I agree 100%. It's such an anomaly, because older women often come with lots of ba ge and some underlying need to compete with their younger counterparts. My ex is older than me, and the ba ge and personality issues that begun to surface deep into our relationship took a large toll as well.
Don't get me wrong, I definitely appreciate the un-depreciated value of a young woman's physique, but the mental exercise required to sustain a relationship seems to outweigh it. I suppose it's easier when you're wealthy or don't mind expending resources in order to avoid all that. Just give them the credit card to forgo prolonged conversations. LoL, I haven't quite gotten there yet, but looking forward to see what the future holds.

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:10am
i meant 'i dont have patience'

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:12am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

If you an early 90's child yes(90-95).CryCry

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:13am
Lol LiteBrite! It was so sudden. I got thee cramp of my life that year too. It was just one but it was powerful, tears in my eyes, took me to my knees lol. So painful you laugh at how you reacted?

I'm a liiiittle more open, almost friendly. I was so shy as a kid, I missed out on so much

Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:17am
Im turning 26. I have more patience and im not as awkward with the public. I am starting to feel "the clock". I often find myself staring at newborns/toddlers with plots to kidnap them

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:53am
Tru and Afro, so yall date older women? (/pause... don't get your hopes up LOL)j/k

I used to be the same way about dating only older men.

eta: I know I used pause incorrectly.LOL

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:56am

yes i do purp

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 11:00am
Absolutely, but now my age limit is child-bearing age. Menopause is no joke to be around, lol

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 11:01am
 you know I'm playing Afro. I added that part before someone called me thirsty LOL

I know your plate (and bed) is already FULL!! lol

Absolutely, but now my age limit is child-bearing age. Menopause is no joke to be around, lol

ouch??
LOL

Posted By: Marcelo22
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

we don't really qualify for this...we young and good looking...these old farts are realizing their time is almost up

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 11:31am
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

you know I'm playing Afro. I added that part before someone called me thirsty LOL

good to have leftovers for the morning!

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

we don't really qualify for this...we young and good looking...these old farts are realizing their time is almost up

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 11:59am
My periods play possum every month
Fiber is very important to me now
@ work, over the phone Hearing crying babies make me want to hang up on the person
Doing my hair is actually a chore, no longer fun like it used to be

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 12:04pm

see, I was hoping you would say 'I'd kick someone out for you.'
so I could make the thread LOLLOL

Posted By: KottonKandy
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 12:07pm
-The days of me eating oreo's and coke for breakfast are loooooooong gone. I eat that now, the next morning I'm 5lbs bigger. I have to workout and eat healthier (which I do) to remain skinny. 

-If I go to a bar or lounge, I have the power to resist from getting down when Uncle Luke comes on. 

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 12:21pm
I'm 28 now

-I actually worry about important things like finances, paying bills on time, credit. 21-25, I couldn't have cared less. Always imagined it would work itself out.
-I care more about skin care. People would always guess I was a few years younger. Now they're guessing closer to the mark.
-actually care about and try to watch what I eat cuz I think about the consequences.
-got more in tune with my faith and spirituality.
-I feel old as hell in the club now. I go thru phases where I still wanna go to 25 and ups, but I mostly prefer dinner and/or drinks with friends.
-Like Ming and LB, I'm more emotional now. I used to fear I was a borderline sociopath. Now I can't even watch ID channel without feeling a tinge of sadness for people I don't even know.

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 12:29pm

Lol.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 12:51pm
*Rubs some bengay on my hands and starts typing*

-I don't get bad hangovers after binge drinking(3+ drinks, I think?)
-Staying out late is fun but only if my other tasks are complete
-I'm interested in retirement saving
-I take stock of things more often than I use to
-I appreciate the smaller things more
-I'm more confident in my beliefs & myself

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 12:57pm
Yall talking about menopause.....MANopause is real too....

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 12:58pm
how old were you/general when you/general got interest in retirement saving? I think I got interested too early LOL.

eta: sorta a good thing I guess

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

lies you tell

LOL

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:05pm

lies you tell

LOL

It is.....

Called Andropause
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/story?id=3018468" rel="nofollow - MANopause

Posted By: rebelle .
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Men, they are all over me but(shrugs) but I don't need any of them. Now that's a blessing that every women should realize EARLY on - will save you all those headaches. I can enjoy them but if it gets to be too much of a headache .. then I will send them back into the universe so I can get back to the important business .. of MY life (work, Salsa dancing, travel, weight training, foriegn language acquisition, authorship and the list goes on.) A girl's gotta stay focused.

I cannot WAIT to reach this level of maturity.

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:10pm

It is.....

Called Andropause

I know.
it used to be called 'mid life crisis' when men went thru it LOL.

men also have 'monthly cycles' right? LOL

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:18pm
im still good.

i'd like to say my knees pop...but theyve always did that. lol

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:20pm

It is.....

Called Andropause

I know.
it used to be called 'mid life crisis' when men went thru it LOL.

men also have 'monthly cycles' right? LOL

Yep the the Meriod is real

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:23pm

see, I was hoping you would say 'I'd kick someone out for you.'
so I could make the thread LOLLOL
not if we are at YOUR house

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:25pm
Gigolo

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:27pm
Afro and his BHM harem.

lol

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:33pm
if i compare myself to 10 years ago. life has gotten better for me in every way. i have the emotional and financial security i never had then, and i'd say i haven't had any real setbacks physically. maybe i haven't turned the corner yet, i don't know.

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:34pm
im just squirrel tryna get his nut

Posted By: Majesty02
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:38pm
•I can't eat extremely spicy foods anymore. Now that I’m 30 they give me hemorrhoids. I’m West Indian and Iovvvvve spice & peppers. I still eat them anyways, but I pay for it later.

•I think my iron level has increased. Because I can deal with colder climates much better than I use to.

•My tolerance level has gone down when it comes to BS. My bullsh*t level use to be at an 8, now it’s at a 4. But I still chose my battles wisely, because I believe something’s and some people are not worth the stress/anger. I use to be too timid to speak up, and ask questions if something didn’t seem right. And I would let a lot of things slide to avoid confrontation. But now I give zero f.cks. If you try me I'm going to eloquently put you in yo place no matter who you are!

•I don't feel the need to always leave the house. Whether is going out shopping, or going to a club on the weekend. Some weekends I don't want to leave the house. And that’s perfectly fine. I just want to stay in my lovely loft apartment watch Netflix, surf the net, and chill.

•I’m much more comfortable in my own skin. This is me in allllll of my splendor, so deal wit it or kick rocks!

•I no longer feel like I “need” fake friends or someone to date. Nowadays I have no problem cutting off shady people! I use to put up with a lot of BS from so called “friends” just for the sake of having someone to socialize and club with. At this point in life I prefer to only be around like minded individuals that are doing something with their lives.

•I value my family much more than I use to. Because when it’s all said and done, they’re the only people that will be there for me thru thick and thin. Use to take them for granted, but no more.

•I prefer going to a grown n sexy lounge or bar over a nightclub. The last time I went to the club I felt too mature and put tighter to be there. Even though I look just as young as the 20 something’s. I’m just not feeling it anymore for various reasons.   

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 1:43pm
I live in a constant state of gratitude at 40. Glad to have my granny and both parents, glad to have my health (mind & body), my beauty and glad to have a roof over my head and coins in my pocket. I dont stress out over the small stuff and I could care less about listening to people rant & vent - my response now it 'what are you going to do to fix it, wait dont tell me' when in the past i had the patience to give a dam & listen.

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 2:02pm
damn, im already at a point in life where im taking people to the guillotine with 0 fcks given.
I guess by the time im 30 conversations will go like this
Stranger: "Hi my name is-"
Me: "G'bye, I dont have time for bs"
Confused

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 2:06pm
lol. Yeah I didn't kn ow that required aging.
(I started early )

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 2:20pm
at 27: 

i'm speaking my mind more.
not afraid of losing friends.
obsessing over retirement (shyt keeps me up at night).
every time i drink i get the worse headaches the next day; i only had two mojitos last night and i couldnt do anything in the gym this morning...da hell? 
i no longer care what people think of me.
i go for what i want. 
i hate clubs (well i've always hated clubs but i really really really really hate clubs now). 
my patience with men has gone down significantly. 
i'm eating better, exercising 4-5 days a week, skincare is on point, and i just look better overall.

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 2:21pm

damn, im already at a point in life where im taking people to the guillotine with 0 fcks given.
I guess by the time im 30 conversations will go like this
Stranger: "Hi my name is-"
Me: "G'bye, I dont have time for bs"
Confused

LOL

that's me now. 

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 2:21pm
I like this thread<cause I'm old

Beef=no mas

I'm still very patient when it comes to my son and family but gurl at the grocery store watch out cause bitch is on the tip of my tongue

I wonder where I will "end up." I want to travel a lot more and I'm not so sure I will retire anywhere near my family and it makes me sad but I look forward to it. I don't know I just feel blah lately about all of the things to come.

I would rather stay in, surf the net, watch a movie and listen to my son laugh loudly with his friends. I know he is where he needs to be and life is grand in those moments.

I have always hated talking on the phone but NOW my VM stay full, I figure if something tragic has happened they will text other than that WTF are you calling me? I don't want to talk about your life I honestly don't gaf.

I loooooove my mommy so much that it makes me cry, our conversation is so different now. How do you feel? Are your treatments going good? Are you being sweet to daddy? *sigh*

My life has really changed

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

I like this thread<cause I'm old

Beef=no mas

I'm still very patient when it comes to my son and family but gurl at the grocery store watch out cause bitch is on the tip of my tongue

I wonder where I will "end up." I want to travel a lot more and I'm not so sure I will retire anywhere near my family and it makes me sad but I look forward to it. I don't know I just feel blah lately about all of the things to come.

I would rather stay in, surf the net, watch a movie and listen to my son laugh loudly with his friends. I know he is where he needs to be and life is grand in those moments.

I have always hated talking on the phone but NOW my VM stay full, I figure if something tragic has happened they will text other than that WTF are you calling me? I don't want to talk about your life I honestly don't gaf.

I loooooove my mommy so much that it makes me cry, our conversation is so different now. How do you feel? Are your treatments going good? Are you being sweet to daddy? *sigh*

My life has really changed

forreal!
lol my dad is always on my back about this. I told him "if its important, they'll leave a VM" Then He pointed out i dont check that either. My parents are the only ones i'll pick up the phone for. Im getting better at picking up when grandma calls. everyone else...start typing dammit Sleepy

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 2:44pm
At 29 I feel more immortal and more controlling of my destiny and realizing that the god in me is the same up aboveso I know I AM. I'm not emotional as I use to be but I care for everyone but in an impersonal way. I eat better and take care of myself better and meditate a lot more. I put childish bs alone. My choices in women changed and I'm not open to dating outside my race. I no longer care for the common man cause because its higher regime that controls the thinking. I think wider and bigger more. So growing older has helped my perspective on life and the challenges it present. I'll troll a lot less for now on.

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 3:13pm

how old were you/general when you/general got interest in retirement saving? I think I got interested too early LOL.

mid to late twenties

now its like im obssessed with it

like what can make me money when im old

savings are cool, but maintaining a steady stream of income in old age is crucial

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 4:23pm
I haven't thought of it yet.

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 4:42pm

mid to late twenties

savings are cool, but maintaining a steady stream of income in old age is crucial

lol
I didn't really worry about it /obsessed, but I was very interested.

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 5:17pm
I definitely wasn't worried about that at 25 lol. Never even thought about what I'd do or have at retirement age.

shoot, I used to say I hoped I would die before I was 45 because I didn't want to get OLD.. now, I'm hoping there was nobody up there listening LOL

I was interested in finance though. But not nec. worried about having enough money when I reach 75.

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 5:18pm

mid to late twenties

lol
I didn't really worry about it /obsessed, but I was very interested.

Lol

But you caking it like the bakers though purp

More than likely I'm going to retire in Africa,

Just tryna get these ten acres then I can get to building my country estate, vineyard orchard and manicured gardens and all

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 5:20pm

Lol

yeah yeah that's it LOL

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 5:23pm
Retirement

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:29pm
I'm stubborn as heck. But, I'm learning not to be as stubborn.
I feel like when I'm around men that I'm interested I see my real self more. and I hate thatCry
I'm more attractive and I know it and it feels great.
A  couple of years ago I could watch the most horrific ish and not bat an eye. Now I cry about everything.
Never really kept in contact with good friends, but now I am trying.
I'm still worried about what people think but to a lesser a extent.
I seen religion for what it is, and I look a people individually instead of generalize more often then not.

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:38pm
I'm glad I don't deal with a lot of the insecurities that I did before, less patience for bullshyt, sitting at home with Netflix trumps clubbing nowadays LOLEmbarrassed

BUT........

I can't watch a good movie without falling asleep in the middle of it like I used to. 

Sad.

LOL

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:49pm
--I handle stress less that I used to about 2 years ago.  I find myself having to really lean on the Lord these days. 

--I used to be able to draw, use the computer and perform other repetitive tasks with my hands for literally hours non stop...now I HAVE to take breaks and mind my posture or my wrists hurt

--I don't care as much about doing what I'm told.  I'm more discriminating on who's advice I take..this is driving my parents crazy but they will need to deal.

Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:53pm
I carry a roll of Rolaids in my purse at all times.

I close one eye to read fine print

My niece asked if I had any Maclamore in my car, I said "No, but I have Mac Dre", my niece said "Who?" I said "Yeah! Who Mac Dre...Who Mac Dre" thinking she was repeating his tag line from his hit. My niece says "What Stern Smile?. She's 21 mind you.  I put my head down and put on Beyonce.

Posted By: PeacefulOne
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:24pm
No periods ftw!

Gives no sh*tz what people think, will leave the house ashy all day.

Gets respect @ work, after almost 20 years at my job its earned.

Love that I don't look my age, my body is still pretty good, but I do get aches in the bones.

I know how to treat my man, he has no complaints, treats me well.

Getting closer to GOD now, realize that I am Blessed.

Would rather spend money on a trip or vacation than the latest fashion or gadgets, want to see the world now.

I think about what I am going to do with all the "stuff" I have.

And yes, I have started planning my funeral, lol, dnr, cremation, etc.

And my new favorite saying is "Not my Circus, Not my Monkeys"

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by PeacefulOne PeacefulOne wrote:

I think about what I am going to do with all the "stuff" I have.

And yes, I have started planning my funeral, lol, dnr, cremation, etc.

Both of these^^^
Everytime I get in a car, Im thinking 'lawd lemme get home safely tonight. I have too much stuff and I dont want to burden my family with unloading it' lol
I have already started unloading a lot of my 'stuff' on eBay, but I have tons more to go. I feel the need to be more minimalistic as I get older.

Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 12:41am

Lol

yeah yeah that's it LOL

Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 12:43am
Originally posted by StylingArabella StylingArabella wrote:

I carry a roll of Rolaids in my purse at all times.

I close one eye to read fine print

My niece asked if I had any Maclamore in my car, I said "No,[b but I have Mac Dre", my niece said "Who?" I said "Yeah! Who Mac Dre...Who Mac Dre" thinking she was repeating his tag line from his hit. My niece says "What Stern Smile?. She's 21 mind you.  I put my head down and put on Beyonce.

*flatlines*

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 4:14pm
Eights years ago  I was just about working and making money. Now I focus on having a career, not just paying bills. I wish I had thought that way back then, it would have made my life easier.

I used to spend the money on myself only and would help out family when needed, but now, since I am reaching thirty in a couple year, I am thinking about the family I want to have in the future and how I have to be ready financially, because I want my future kids to have 10000000X better life than I did.

I get lazy about cooking, and especially about washing dishes. But I hate a messy house though.
Sleeping late and waking up late gets me f*cked up - I take too long to snap out of sleep time and end up starting my day late.

Posted By: iBetYouhNvNika
Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 4:34pm

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>

Print Page | Close Window