Print Page | Close Window

House = State of Life?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368510
Printed Date: Aug 22 2019 at 7:11am


Topic: House = State of Life?
Posted By: slykitten
Subject: House = State of Life?
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 4:32pm
Hi BHM!  I've had this saying that the "state of your house is a reflection of the state of your life". Meaning, if your house is a mess your life is a mess too.  You you guys agree or disagree?  I know for me, this is definitely true.  I'm also wondering if it can be viewed in the reverse, as in if I keep my house tidy, my life would soon follow after.  What say you?



Replies:
Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 4:38pm
I alllwwaayyyss stand by this. If my car/purse/apartment is a mess, my life is not together.

Every time my friends get in my car and it's messy they're like "bish, what're you going through"?


Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 4:40pm
Hmmm, it depends on how you look at it. From both a carnal level and a spiritual level. And it also depends on what you mean by "state of house". Are you only speaking of vanity (such as up keep, organization, cleanliness, etc) or what's goin on in the home like relationships with family, spouses, bills, etc. 


Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 4:41pm
No.

My life is going well, happy and orderly. My room is always messy.LOL


Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 4:45pm
I used to think this until I went to my former co-worker's house.

She was gorgeous, always looked nice, smelled good, dressed well, working on her Masters, organized and efficient at work.

Man, my skin still crawls when I think about my first time at her house. Dirty panties in the middle of the living room floor, water in the kitchen sink so long that stagnant skin was sitting on the top, bathroom smelled like piss from the hallway etc.

Then I learned some people put more effort to the front they present more than how they actually live.


Posted By: slykitten
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Hmmm, it depends on how you look at it. From both a carnal level and a spiritual level. And it also depends on what you mean by "state of house". Are you only speaking of vanity (such as up keep, organization, cleanliness, etc) or what's goin on in the home like relationships with family, spouses, bills, etc. 

I meant on the more of the vanity you just described.


Posted By: slykitten
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

No.

My life is going well, happy and orderly. My room is always messy.LOL

LOLLOLLOL


Posted By: slykitten
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

I used to think this until I went to my former co-worker's house.

She was gorgeous, always looked nice, smelled good, dressed well, working on her Masters, organized and efficient at work.

Man, my skin still crawls when I think about my first time at her house. Dirty panties in the middle of the living room floor, water in the kitchen sink so long that stagnant skin was sitting on the top, bathroom smelled like piss from the hallway etc.

Then I learned some people put more effort to the front they present more than how they actually live.

Yeah, but just because she looked nice doesn't mean she wasn't going through something internally.  She could've been really good at putting up a front, but her personal space reflected what was really going on.


Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 5:33pm
i think it shows their priorities more than the state of someone's life. 

Its some *&%^$#@Edd up people with immaculate homes


Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 5:38pm
no



Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 5:39pm
yes


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 5:53pm


yep been saying this for years


Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 6:02pm
Not necessarily true.  My old boss was completely obsessed with make sure you could always see fresh vacuum lines in her carpet and wiped everything stainless steel down several times each evening to keep it shiny.  We literally went to her for all cleaning advice because her house was spot-less at all times.  Her personal life on the other hand - hot ass mess.  She always came to us for advice on the craziest stuff and was always upset about something going on at work, with her boyfriend, with her daughter, her parents and on and on.  She was always very organized at home, in her car and on her desk but everything else was crazy.   


Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 6:53pm
Yes, I agree. I have heard that before, and sometimes when my house is unkept and there is no reason as to why I did not clean it, I know it is because my head is a mess.


Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Not necessarily true.  My old boss was completely obsessed with make sure you could always see fresh vacuum lines in her carpet and wiped everything stainless steel down several times each evening to keep it shiny.  We literally went to her for all cleaning advice because her house was spot-less at all times.  Her personal life on the other hand - hot ass mess.  She always came to us for advice on the craziest stuff and was always upset about something going on at work, with her boyfriend, with her daughter, her parents and on and on.  She was always very organized at home, in her car and on her desk but everything else was crazy.   


That's because the only thing she was able to control in her life was how to keep things neat but felt hopeless in fixing her own life.


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 6:57pm
can't say that it does, but i always say that one thing people who are otherwise in chaos can do is clean up their external environment/appearance. sometimes you don't have control over much but you have control over that. small win.


Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 8:14pm
Disagree. I went through a hard time in my life and my place was clean as a whistle.


Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Not necessarily true.  My old boss was completely obsessed with make sure you could always see fresh vacuum lines in her carpet and wiped everything stainless steel down several times each evening to keep it shiny.  We literally went to her for all cleaning advice because her house was spot-less at all times.  Her personal life on the other hand - hot ass mess.  She always came to us for advice on the craziest stuff and was always upset about something going on at work, with her boyfriend, with her daughter, her parents and on and on.  She was always very organized at home, in her car and on her desk but everything else was crazy.   


That's because the only thing she was able to control in her life was how to keep things neat but felt hopeless in fixing her own life.


Yes exactly.  Cleaning and organizing was a lifelong coping thing for her.  She had a crazy childhood.


Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 11:36pm
I disagree.
When i'm pressed with the drama of life, my home becomes my refuge.
Home is where all is safe, clean and and I can decompress.

When my life fell apart my home was most immaculate.


Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 6:45am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Not necessarily true.  My old boss was completely obsessed with make sure you could always see fresh vacuum lines in her carpet and wiped everything stainless steel down several times each evening to keep it shiny.  We literally went to her for all cleaning advice because her house was spot-less at all times.  Her personal life on the other hand - hot ass mess.  She always came to us for advice on the craziest stuff and was always upset about something going on at work, with her boyfriend, with her daughter, her parents and on and on.  She was always very organized at home, in her car and on her desk but everything else was crazy.   

You always hear this exception, but never the person with a dirty ass house, sh*t everywhere and personal life/mind all together. 


Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 7:16am
Honestly just seems like an excuse to shade people who don't live up to other people's definitions of clean.

Nothing is ever that black and white.


Posted By: slykitten
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

Honestly just seems like an excuse to shade people who don't live up to other people's definitions of clean.

Nothing is ever that black and white.

This has nothing to do with other people and their idea of cleanliness.  It has to do with you and what's going on in your life.


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 8:17am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:


Yes exactly.  Cleaning and organizing was a lifelong coping thing for her.  She had a crazy childhood.


Sometime it's over compensation too.

I've seen the opposite also.


Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

Honestly just seems like an excuse to shade people who don't live up to other people's definitions of clean.

Nothing is ever that black and white.

I agree with this


Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 8:43am
i disagree with messy house messy life.
I too know folks with spotless homes and chaotic lives. I know ppl with cluttered homes with happy lives.
I, myself keep my car immaculate, my dorm room clean and my room at home a mess...figure that one out LOL


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 9:26am
^^ yes. And according to a pal, if your life is full and great, how do you ever have time to clean lol.



Print Page | Close Window