Print Page | Close Window

Whats Your Myers Briggs Personality Type

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368477
Printed Date: Dec 14 2018 at 3:32pm

Topic: Whats Your Myers Briggs Personality Type
Posted By: nekamarie83
Subject: Whats Your Myers Briggs Personality Type
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:45am
Take this 72 question (y/n) version:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp" rel="nofollow - http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

You'll be sorted by preferences/general attitude: 

Extroverted (E) vs. Introverted (I)
Sensing (S) vs. Intuition (N)
Thinking (T) vs. Feeling (F)
Judging (J) vs. Perceiving (P)

The 4 criteria above yield 16 different combinations representing 16 different personality types (an acronym) corresponding to the opposite poles in each of the four dichotomies. (descriptions below)

Post your results. Do you agree with the outcome? 

I'll update with (links to) themed versions of the results (disney, harry potter, coven, etc).

--------------

The 16 MBTI® Types  

ISTJ
Quiet, serious, earn success by thoroughness and dependability. Practical, matter-of-fact, realistic, and responsible. Decide logically what should be done and work toward it steadily, regardless of distractions. Take pleasure in making everything orderly and organized – their work, their home, their life. Value traditions and loyalty.

ISFJ
Quiet, friendly, responsible, and conscientious. Committed and steady in meeting their obligations. Thorough, painstaking, and accurate. Loyal, considerate, notice and remember specifics about people who are important to them, concerned with how others feel. Strive to create an orderly and harmonious environment at work and at home.

INFJ
Seek meaning and connection in ideas, relationships, and material possessions. Want to understand what motivates people and are insightful about others. Conscientious and committed to their firm values. Develop a clear vision about how best to serve the common good. Organized and decisive in implementing their vision.

INTJ
Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance – for themselves and others.

ISTP
Tolerant and flexible, quiet observers until a problem appears, then act quickly to find workable solutions. Analyze what makes things work and readily get through large amounts of data to isolate the core of practical problems. Interested in cause and effect, organize facts using logical principles, value efficiency.

ISFP
Quiet, friendly, sensitive, and kind. Enjoy the present moment, what’s going on around them. Like to have their own space and to work within their own time frame. Loyal and committed to their values and to people who are important to them. Dislike disagreements and conflicts, do not force their opinions or values on others.

INFP
Idealistic, loyal to their values and to people who are important to them. Want an external life that is congruent with their values. Curious, quick to see possibilities, can be catalysts for implementing ideas. Seek to understand people and to help them fulfill their potential. Adaptable, flexible, and accepting unless a value is threatened.

INTP
Seek to develop logical explanations for everything that interests them. Theoretical and abstract, interested more in ideas than in social interaction. Quiet, contained, flexible, and adaptable. Have unusual ability to focus in depth to solve problems in their area of interest. Skeptical, sometimes critical, always analytical.

ESTP
Flexible and tolerant, they take a pragmatic approach focused on immediate results. Theories and conceptual explanations bore them – they want to act energetically to solve the problem. Focus on the here-and-now, spontaneous, enjoy each moment that they can be active with others. Enjoy material comforts and style. Learn best through doing.

ESFP
Outgoing, friendly, and accepting. Exuberant lovers of life, people, and material comforts. Enjoy working with others to make things happen. Bring common sense and a realistic approach to their work, and make work fun. Flexible and spontaneous, adapt readily to new people and environments. Learn best by trying a new skill with other people.

ENFP
Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency.

ENTP
Quick, ingenious, stimulating, alert, and outspoken. Resourceful in solving new and challenging problems. Adept at generating conceptual possibilities and then analyzing them strategically. Good at reading other people. Bored by routine, will seldom do the same thing the same way, apt to turn to one new interest after another.

ESTJ
Practical, realistic, matter-of-fact. Decisive, quickly move to implement decisions. Organize projects and people to get things done, focus on getting results in the most efficient way possible. Take care of routine details. Have a clear set of logical standards, systematically follow them and want others to also. Forceful in implementing their plans.

ESFJ
Warmhearted, conscientious, and cooperative. Want harmony in their environment, work with determination to establish it. Like to work with others to complete tasks accurately and on time. Loyal, follow through even in small matters. Notice what others need in their day-by-day lives and try to provide it. Want to be appreciated for who they are and for what they contribute.

ENFJ
Warm, empathetic, responsive, and responsible. Highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. Find potential in everyone, want to help others fulfill their potential. May act as catalysts for individual and group growth. Loyal, responsive to praise and criticism. Sociable, facilitate others in a group, and provide inspiring leadership.

ENTJ
Frank, decisive, assume leadership readily. Quickly see illogical and inefficient procedures and policies, develop and implement comprehensive systems to solve organizational problems. Enjoy long-term planning and goal setting. Usually well informed, well read, enjoy expanding their knowledge and passing it on to others. Forceful in presenting their ideas.

from: http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/the-16-mbti-types.asp" rel="nofollow - http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/the-16-mbti-types.asp

Replies:
Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:47am
Took this before.
I'm INTJ

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:47am
im infj as i found out via http://www.16personalities.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.16personalities.com/

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:59am
i'm always ISTJ.... and the orderly and organized is so true for me. I cannot tell how excited I was to find the perfect weekly/monthly calendar. lol... 

ISTJ
Quiet, serious, earn success by thoroughness and dependability. Practical, matter-of-fact, realistic, and responsible. Decide logically what should be done and work toward it steadily, regardless of distractions. Take pleasure in making everything orderly and organized – their work, their home, their life. Value traditions and loyalty.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:03am
Go back and forth between istj and intj

ISTJ

Posted By: gemini1591
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:16am
I got INFP. I think its pretty accurate.

INFP
Idealistic, loyal to their values and to people who are important to them. Want an external life that is congruent with their values. Curious, quick to see possibilities, can be catalysts for implementing ideas. Seek to understand people and to help them fulfill their potential. Adaptable, flexible, and accepting unless a value is threatened.

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Took this before.
I'm INTJ

i was about to say

i feel like these tests get posted on here every couple of months

no shade to you neka i still love youEmbarrassed

im a INTJ

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:33am
I don't mind if it was posted before though..because I like this kind of stuff.
Maybe I should take it again, since my mind works differently now.
It'd be interesting to see if my results change.

And yeah, ppl do seem to have a party whenever i am wrong.
Lmao. I like to be accurate, but I love to be corrected even more (so that I don't make a mistake!) lmao.

Whatever yo!

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:38am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Took this before. I'm INTJ
i was about to say

im a INTJ
well 2 things: given the way this is set up (some do y/n, some to likert, and the length), the test retest reliability is not the greatest. so it's quite possible you could revisit it and get a different result. 

2- there's always shade from you at me, md. Ermm

j/k, you know you my peoples LOL Hug

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:39am
ISFP all day, oops i didnt read all of the OP i just chose which one from the 4 categories listed.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:40am
oh!! and i'm an isfj, btw. 

yes, i think it's accurate.  in one version that included possible careers, mine was actually listed.  

ISFJ
Quiet, friendly, responsible, and conscientious. Committed and steady in meeting their obligations. Thorough, painstaking, and accurate. Loyal, considerate, notice and remember specifics about people who are important to them, concerned with how others feel. Strive to create an orderly and harmonious environment at work and at home.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:40am

i took it again thinking i would be different...same ol' INTJLOL

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:42am

ISTJ

Posted By: ragincajin
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 11:07am
I think we all move along a continuum, but guess I haven't changed much over the years.
Interesting that Judging was 36%, while Feeling was only 2%. The other two were 11%. Why don't these add up to 100? Confused.

Well, the day is young and it belongs to me.
I am off to find something to bake!!

ENFJ personality - Representing approximately 2 percent of all people, people with the ENFJ personality type tend to be very influential, often without making any conscious efforts to increase their influence. ENFJs are genuinely interested in other people and radiate authenticity, concern and altruism – not surprisingly, those who surround the ENFJ usually find them very inspiring and likeable.

ENFJs are usually very charismatic and eloquent, finding it natural and easy to communicate their ideas and opinions, especially in person. It does not really matter whether they are presenting cold facts or expressing raging emotions, the ENFJ will not be afraid to stand up and speak, regardless of the audience.

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 11:08am
I'm ESTJ. Perfect for a project manager.

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 11:09am
INTP
Introvert(67%)  iNtuitive(88%)  Thinking(38%)  Perceiving(11)%
  • You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
  • You have strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (88%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

The Thinker

As an INTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

INTPs live in the world of theoretical possibilities. They see everything in terms of how it could be improved, or what it could be turned into. They live primarily inside their own minds, having the ability to analyze difficult problems, identify patterns, and come up with logical explanations. They seek clarity in everything, and are therefore driven to build knowledge. They are the "absent-minded professors", who highly value intelligence and the ability to apply logic to theories to find solutions. They typically are so strongly driven to turn problems into logical explanations, that they live much of their lives within their own heads, and may not place as much importance or value on the external world. Their natural drive to turn theories into concrete understanding may turn into a feeling of personal responsibility to solve theoretical problems, and help society move towards a higher understanding.

INTPs value knowledge above all else. Their minds are constantly working to generate new theories, or to prove or disprove existing theories. They approach problems and theories with enthusiasm and skepticism, ignoring existing rules and opinions and defining their own approach to the resolution. They seek patterns and logical explanations for anything that interests them. They're usually extremely bright, and able to be objectively critical in their analysis. They love new ideas, and become very excited over abstractions and theories. They love to discuss these concepts with others. They may seem "dreamy" and distant to others, because they spend a lot of time inside their minds musing over theories. They hate to work on routine things - they would much prefer to build complex theoretical solutions, and leave the implementation of the system to others. They are intensely interested in theory, and will put forth tremendous amounts of time and energy into finding a solution to a problem with has piqued their interest.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 11:15am
This explains a lot of you though.

Posted By: dazed&
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 11:29am
Intj every time. Pretty accurate description.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 11:29am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

wish folks would refer to myers briggs over their supposed astrological sign when trying to explain behavior..............
I like both, but I recognize the former comes with more "legitness" and, possibly, more accuracy as it pertains to the individual.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 11:35am

simbaga:    Full-Sized Chart  Character Artwork by Makani  Take the MBTI Test

Full sized here: http://25.media.tumblr.com/765632a34986b518fb3f82e304cb351c/tumblr_mpwedjbUzm1sr50suo1_r1_1280.jpg" rel="nofollow - http://25.media.tumblr.com/765632a34986b518fb3f82e304cb351c/tumblr_mpwedjbUzm1sr50suo1_r1_1280.jpg

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 11:37am

full sized here: http://31.media.tumblr.com/66a48deeabe0b1565f32f46279324442/tumblr_my502gkOKd1ru0tt1o1_1280.jpg" rel="nofollow - http://31.media.tumblr.com/66a48deeabe0b1565f32f46279324442/tumblr_my502gkOKd1ru0tt1o1_1280.jpg

Posted By: Meme0887
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 11:41am
ISTP
Tolerant and flexible, quiet observers until a problem appears, then act quickly to find workable solutions. Analyze what makes things work and readily get through large amounts of data to isolate the core of practical problems. Interested in cause and effect, organize facts using logical principles, value efficiency.

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 11:42am
ESFP
Outgoing, friendly, and accepting. Exuberant lovers of life, people, and material comforts. Enjoy working with others to make things happen. Bring common sense and a realistic approach to their work, and make work fun. Flexible and spontaneous, adapt readily to new people and environments. Learn best by trying a new skill with other people.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 11:43am
Lol Harry Potter and Megara

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 12:22pm
Luna Lovegood is an INTP if you read the books, she is detached on a personal note way more than Hermoine. Hermoine would be an ESTJ or an ENTJ, because she likes to run things. INTP's do not like running nothing. They do not want to be lead or lead anyone. While Luna is the same and it's not in tune with her feeling side. 

http://mbti-in-fiction.tumblr.com/post/31060702876/hermione-granger" rel="nofollow - http://mbti-in-fiction.tumblr.com/post/31060702876/hermione-granger

http://mbti-in-fiction.tumblr.com/post/30590525407/luna-lovegood" rel="nofollow - http://mbti-in-fiction.tumblr.com/post/30590525407/luna-lovegood

Princess Jasmine, I highly doubt.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Took this before. I'm INTJ
i was about to say

im a INTJ
well 2 things: given the way this is set up (some do y/n, some to likert, and the length), the test retest reliability is not the greatest. so it's quite possible you could revisit it and get a different result. 

2- there's always shade from you at me, md. Ermm

j/k, you know you my peoples LOL Hug

what??!! when have i thrown shade at you??!!LOL

shade about being a leo?Tongue you know i love you

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 1:00pm
INFJ  

everytime i do things like this i end up being the rarest type of person.  i'm just special. 

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

INFJ  

everytime i do things like this i end up being the rarest type of person.  i'm just special. 

You're the emotional intuitive structure to my wacky logical impersonal life. Embarrassed

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 1:45pm

LOL !!  that's just par for the course. 

we know it's all good.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 1:51pm
hmm... not because of the chart, but because of the series. LOL
http://myersbriggs.tumblr.com/post/72618090055/queen-margaery-tyrell-istj-marie-laveau-isfj" rel="nofollow - http://myersbriggs.tumblr.com/post/72618090055/queen-margaery-tyrell-istj-marie-laveau-isfj

ISTJ: Marie Laveau
ISFJ: Myrtle Snow
INFJ: Nan
INTJ: Chantal
ISTP: Joan Ramsay
ISFP: Queenie
INFP: Misty Day
INTP: Kyle Spencer
ESTP: Delphine LaLaurie
ESFP: Kaylee
ENFP: Madison Montgomery 
ENTP: Fiona Goode
ESTJ: Anna Leigh Leighton
ESFJ: Zoe Benson
ENFJ: Cordelia Foxx
ENTJ: Millie

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 1:56pm
This makes more sense.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 2:00pm

full size: http://www.geekinheels.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/star_wars_mbti.png" rel="nofollow - http://www.geekinheels.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/star_wars_mbti.png

Posted By: gemini1591
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 2:20pm
i knew there was a reason i loved misty day so much lol

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 2:25pm

LOL !!  that's just par for the course. 

we know it's all good.

goodLOL

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by gemini1591 gemini1591 wrote:

i knew there was a reason i loved misty day so much lol
i adored misty. they did her wrong the whole damn show. smh. 

i ended up with myrtle snow. fitting... LOL

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 2:47pm
I got kyle

http://myersbriggs.tumblr.com/post/72618090055/queen-margaery-tyrell-istj-marie-laveau-isfj" rel="nofollow - http://myersbriggs.tumblr.com/post/72618090055/queen-margaery-tyrell-istj-marie-laveau-isfj

ErmmErmmStern SmilePinch

Posted By: trudawg
Some of these responses explain a LOT! Lol, I'm ESTP

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 2:50pm

Who the hell is that Confused

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Meme0887 Meme0887 wrote:

Who the hell is that Confused

LOL

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 3:04pm
That was interesting.

I am INFJ.

Seems about right.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 3:31pm
INFP

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 3:42pm

[Who the hell is that Confused
If you haven't already found out, she is/was the overly religious next door mom (As played by Patti Lupone), meme.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

Some of these responses explain a LOT! Lol, I'm <span ="txtGrey size14">ESTP </span>

What does it explain

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 3:51pm

[Who the hell is that Confused
If you haven't already found out, she is/was the overly religious next door mom (As played by Patti Lupone), meme.

Ew no Dead

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

Some of these responses explain a LOT! Lol, I'm <span ="txtGrey size14">ESTP </span>

What does it explain

Umm . . . peoples personality types

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:02pm

Ew no Dead
no take backs!! LOL

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:05pm

Ew no Dead
no take backs!! LOL

Ugh so not fair..I'd pick Madison over her sick ass

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:06pm

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:10pm

full size: http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljxa4kAUzY1qha245o1_1280.jpg" rel="nofollow - http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljxa4kAUzY1qha245o1_1280.jpg

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:11pm
INTP… 
INTP
Introvert(11%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Thinking(1%)  Perceiving(11)%
  • You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

these tests are fun but they're kinda meh to me cus i have multiple personalities and it really depends on how I'm feeling… 

i can enter a room and go to the center at times.. or decide to be on the side at times.. it just depends on how I'm feeling. 

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:11pm

AWWW Hug

there there. have a drink and calm down. 

*hands meme bottle of bleach* LOL

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:17pm
INTJ

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:17pm
i like that its hermoine granger and princess jasmine though.. 
perfect mix of a bad biitch Cool

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:19pm

full size: http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2014/009/e/b/__sailor_moon_mbti_personality_chart___by_sparklepipsi-d71ih3l.jpg" rel="nofollow - http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2014/009/e/b/__sailor_moon_mbti_personality_chart___by_sparklepipsi-d71ih3l.jpg

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:22pm
that perceiving over judging is interesting though.. 

id agree however a few people have told me that I'm judgmental.. 

im gonna take it again later.. although I've taken it before and i think i got intp last time too 

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:24pm

AWWW Hug

there there. have a drink and calm down. 

*hands meme bottle of bleach* LOL

Shocked oh that's just wrong Disapprove

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:25pm
Hmmm Sailor Uranus...I dunno how I feel about that

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:28pm
i'm an introvert. that will never change. all the other stuff changes as i grow and learn life. 

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:38pm

awww!! Hug

we'll focus on another character now... how about harry potter?

the character is a a leo too

so that's 2 birds, 1 stone.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:42pm
My husband also took the test and according to the results we are both INFJ. I looked at the list of famous people and they had Nelson Mandela and Dr King on there and Mother Theresa. Im more like a Malcolm X Nat Turner type though. But I'm less feisty the older I get so maybe I am more peaceful now.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:42pm

Sailor Uranus was a badass!! Smile

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:47pm

awww!! Hug

we'll focus on another character now... how about harry potter?

the character is a a leo too

so that's 2 birds, 1 stone.

Ooo he is..Yay!

Okay we're good now lol Hug

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:48pm
i think i'm a natural feeler too. but sometimes i gotta put them feelings on the backburner else i get burnt. 

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Sailor Uranus was a badass!! Smile

True!...she got on my nerves sometimes tho

Posted By: nemesis1
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 5:09pm
I've been an infj since the 12th grade - when I found out at sch. The last mbti test I took was just a couple of months ago at a career workshop at sch. Yep, still infj. From what I know, people's type do not change. I would give anything to be more extroverted, happy-go-lucky and bubbly, like ENFPs.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 5:13pm
^^being an introvert is awesome i think. 

the other stuff is dangerous cause it doesn't allow much leeway and it sticks you in a box. 

i guess we're all born or conditioned to be a certain way. i was infj (if i remember correctly) for the longest time, but i've learned to tap into the other traits when necessary. it doesn't feel authentic to change but i gets me through this life thang.

eta: its like acting. but aren't we all just actors on a stage?

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 5:14pm
Its weird because me and my husband are both introverted but we can easily be the life of the party. When I feel like being social I am very social and engaging. Family and friends always tell me how disappointed they are when I can't make it to a function because I bring the laughter. But those closest to me know when I want to be alone. 

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 5:17pm

Ooo he is..Yay!

Okay we're good now lol Hug
Yaaaaaay!!

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 5:19pm

http://www.16personalities.com/mobile/infj-parents.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.16personalities.com/mobile/infj-parents.html
For infj...the parenting style is how I imagine myself to a TEE

Has anyone else checked the parenting style of their personality trait?

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 5:26pm
i just read the parenthood part for intp… it was almost spot on… whereas my other description wasnt… 

but it said that i may neglect emotional stuff/emotions dont matter with my child cus I'm not emotional… and ill just be trying to make sure they're the smartest and other stuff… i'm not emo (although i can be sensitive) but i will make sure to show my child and be all mushy cus i didnt have that… they will have everything…… 

otherwise.. it was correct.. they will have freedom and all that… ill be pretty lax and trusting.. 

INTP parents

People with the INTP personality type are likely to be relaxed, loyal and tolerant parents. Their children will be encouraged to think and act independently, seek knowledge, and not be afraid to voice and defend their opinions.

INTPs tend to be independent and open-minded individuals, which influences their approach to parenting as well. It is unlikely that an INTP will try to discipline their children for minor offences, control their lives or try to instill certain principles. They will, however, be very devoted parents, although maybe not in the traditional sense – this devotion is likely to be more intellectual than emotional.

INTP personalities are not naturally sensitive and may find it quite challenging to communicate with their children on the emotional level. They will have no difficulties engaging them in rational, intelligent discussions, but emotions are the INTPs’ Achilles’ heel and they may have to rely on their partner’s help in such circumstances or learn how to step out of their comfort zone.

Generally, INTP parents simply want their children to grow up as smart, independent and tolerant adults. INTPs are very unlikely to be demanding, strictly traditional or obsessively caring, which will give their children plenty of freedom – however, people with this personality type also need to make sure that their children’s emotional needs are not neglected.

If you would like to learn more about the INTP parenting style and other personality traits, download the  https://www.16personalities.com/in-depth-profiles#INTP" rel="nofollow - INTP In-Depth Profile  – a 60+ page guide covering a number of diverse topics. Otherwise, please keep reading:

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 5:32pm
I think my mom might be intp.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 5:33pm
INFP
Introvert(11%)  iNtuitive(38%)  Feeling(38%)  Perceiving(11)%
  • You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

Overall, INFPs are effective in occupations involving a lot of intellectual work that is focused on humanities and social science, spirit and soul, inspirational activities, and requiring creativity. Social workers, psychologists, life coaches, addiction rehab counselors, mental and community care staff, children education, teaching, and also creative script writing are just some of the examples of suitable occupations for INFPs. They also succeed at academia thanks to their intellectual strength.

Hells yeah.Cool

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 5:35pm
Coco we are the same

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 5:36pm
I just checked out the infj parenting style. I would say that it is very close to my parenting except for the manipulative part. I encourage my kids to think for themselves and to find themselves and figure out what they do and don't like and to not just try and please us. But I am definitely ride or die for my babies and don't even think twice about doing for them. 

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 5:46pm
INFJ blah

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 5:49pm
infj make up only like 11% of the population i heard but it's weird. i think a lot of black women are infj's i believe it has a lot to do with our collective lot in life. so interesting. 

Posted By: Gia2009
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 7:54pm
ISFJ and it's 100% correct!

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:06pm

Full sized (click to enlarge): http://uniqrg.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/myers-briggs-which-simpsons-character-are-you/" rel="nofollow - http://uniqrg.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/myers-briggs-which-simpsons-character-are-you/

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:55pm

Full sized:  http://afterellen.mtvnimages.com/uploads/2013/09/OITNB-MB-AFTERELLEN1.png?quality=0.6" rel="nofollow - http://afterellen.mtvnimages.com/uploads/2013/09/OITNB-MB-AFTERELLEN1.png?quality=0.6

Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 12:17am
damn… 
went from hermoine granger and princess jasmine.. to someone i dont know on sailor moon (loved that show once upon a time) prof fink, and crazy eyes… 

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 6:05am
INTJ
Introvert(100%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Thinking(62%)  Judging(44%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 7:53am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

damn… 
went from hermoine granger and princess jasmine.. to someone i dont know on sailor moon (loved that show once upon a time) prof fink, and crazy eyes… 

Its because they aren't Intp. Most don't know what an Intp is they just perceive subjectively who they are.

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 8:26am
I don't know why it registered S when its 1% lol

ISTJ

Introvert(67%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(62%) Judging(56%)
•You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
•You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
•You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
•You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 1:24pm
ISFP
You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (33%)

Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 11:40am

full size ---> http://www.changeyourenergy.com/images/news_list/20131227-choose-the-right-mind-body-practice-for-your-personality-type-chart.jpg" rel="nofollow - here 

Posted By: Josephuss
Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 12:04pm
INTJ
Introvert(56%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Thinking(12%)  Judging(1%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 12:55pm
ISFJ

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 1:08pm
INFJ
Introvert(89%)  iNtuitive(38%)  Feeling(12%)  Judging(22%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
  • You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 1:10pm
I already knew I was a freakin introvert. People are surprised because I'm friendly but I'm only friendly and talkative because that's what people expect from me. If it was up to me, instead of going to parties Id be passed out on my bed all day or watching netflix

Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 2:26pm
Nekamarie what do you know about the Chakra system?

Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 3:32pm
ISFJ
Introvert(78%)  Sensing(1%)  Feeling(12%)  Judging(44%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
  • You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 4:04pm
too many introverted people here. im doubting the authenticity of the answering

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Go back and forth between istj and intj

ISTJ

me too....

Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

ISFJ
um. stop copying me.  

Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

Nekamarie what do you know about the Chakra system?
a bit-- names colors, locations/alignment, shapes, oils, stones/crystals... is there something specific you're after? 

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 4:13pm
Message boards are bound to attract more introverts vs extroverts

Originally posted by Josephuss Josephuss wrote:

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Josephuss Josephuss wrote:

The extroverts are out doing extroverted things.

Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 4:20pm
well you guys gotta point  there

Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 4:30pm

[QUOTE=CLCNY20]ISFJ
um. stop copying me.  

waaaait a minute...we got the same sh*t?  How is that even...

YOU'RE A DAMN LEO! LOL  How are you not more bold than a Virgo?!

Welp...splains a lot LOL

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 4:31pm
I haven't take the test but I already know I don't fit into any of these categories. I would break that test.

Print Page | Close Window