Print Page | Close Window

Drugstore Make up

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368444
Printed Date: Nov 19 2017 at 10:24pm

Topic: Drugstore Make up
Posted By: jonesable
Subject: Drugstore Make up
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:14am
What are some nice drugstore or drugstore priced make up brands.

I'm really really want to purchase SheaMoisture make up and I don't even know if it's good or not. It just looks pretty.
I believe the SheaMoisture brand will be in the drug store price range but until then what are some decent drugstore make up options.

I was looking into foundation sticks .

I just ran out of Mac Skinfinish or whatever it was...
I want something like that

Replies:
Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:33am
hey jones...i use loreal true match powder in place of mac skin finish.  it can go a tad more opaque if you apply with a heavy hand.  but i use this brursh (for both) which applys very sheerly and evenly...

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:35am
What is the powder for ?
Does it give a matte like finsh?

I need to re up on makeup and I don't think I've found the right one for me.
I honestly don't want to spend more than 25 -30 bucks on a foundation .

But I will have to go to more work/school events this year and I don't want a shiny greasy face.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:37am
I have that brush.

Thanks TC and SL .
I'm on the hunt this weekend.

Plus my boo's family is hosting a Vday party and I want to look put together

Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:38am
People swear by Black Opal's makeup sticks. 

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:40am
Revlon Colorstay is the only drug store foundation that worked for me but the color selection sucks. Iman has a nice color selection but didn't work on my oily skin.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:42am

that loreal powder behaves very much like mac skin finish, imo.  it mattifies (sp) and kind of makes everything else (blush ect ect) look air brushed and pulled together.  i think it is about $8 and that brush is around the same... 

it can also be built up if you are going for more coverage...which i rarely do...but i would suggest a finishing spray if you go that route (i use mac...its ok...but i'm looking for a good drug store alternative)...tone down the powdery look right after applying, which will tone down anyway over time...but you may not want to walk out the door looking powder/casket/ready..lol

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:43am
I have some bare minerals samples on the way...and a coupon .

Nothing is open today here

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:50am
oh and as for foundation/concealor i am currently using la girls pro conceal and ruby kisses hd setting powder in clear.  love it.

you can only get at the beauty supply tho.

i use the elf blush brush to set powder...

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:52am
If you want to try a foundation stick, I love the videos I've seen with the Black Opal foundation stick. I haven't tried it yet, cuz I was waiting to run out of a few things I was already using.

Everyone says it goes on creamy, but the finish is velvet.

I'm almost out of my Revlon Colorstay, and definitely will be trying the Black Opal foundation sticks next if I can find them conveniently.

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:54am
Jones try Black Opal Foundation.  I also like the L'Oreal Lumi (sometimes).   I'm excited about the Shea Moisture as well.   I need all of y'all to try it out for me and tell me my shadesLOL

If you're talking foundation that is. 

I need to try that powder TC posted. 

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:55am
Oh yeah the Ruby Kisses 3d face creator is good. I only use it for concealer though.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:59am

I like that it goes on natural looking and is buildable.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 9:00am
I have the Ruby Kisses setting powder.  Love, love, love.   The 3D Face creator was a fail for me.  I looked crazy no matter what color I used but it is def. a great concealer like Natural said. 

And their eyeliner gel is really good.  All my Tarte gels dried up on me and never applied as smooth as I wanted.  Never again.  I got these for around $4 each

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=tu39aJRab36xoM&tbnid=EDElSY_SOciCYM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Felliebeautycom.blogspot.com%2F2012_06_01_archive.html&ei=RN38UpOYMqXjsAS12oHYDQ&bvm=bv.61190604,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNFcvyY5dvgxUuzKgAyuPktuilOemw&ust=1392389749479712" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Oh yeah the Ruby Kisses 3d face creator is good. I only use it for concealer though.

This. Didn't care for it as foundation, but I use it as my go to concealer for everyday use.

I like their setting powder in Earth and their eyeshadow primer is pretty good too.

Their lip glosses were a miss for me tho. I only use them for a little sheen over lipsticks. Well the grape one goes on a dark purple, almost like lipstick if you blot it. I like that one.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 9:15am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I have the Ruby Kisses setting powder.  Love, love, love.   The 3D Face
creator was a fail for me.  I looked crazy no matter what color I used
but it is def. a great concealer like Natural said. 

And their
eyeliner gel is really good.  All my Tarte gels dried up on me and never
applied as smooth as I wanted.  Never again.  I got these for around $4
each

<div id="irc_mimg"> http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=tu39aJRab36xoM&tbnid=EDElSY_SOciCYM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Felliebeautycom.blogspot.com%2F2012_06_01_archive.html&ei=RN38UpOYMqXjsAS12oHYDQ&bvm=bv.61190604,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNFcvyY5dvgxUuzKgAyuPktuilOemw&ust=1392389749479712" rel="nofollow">

Oh yeah I have the RK liner in green shimmer or something like that. Love it, works just like my Mac fluidlines. Also have one from NYX that is bomb too.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 9:15am
I use revlon color stay

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 9:27am
Jones that Black Opal stick is not good if you have oily skin. Its mainly for people with dry skin. TC is on the money with that Ruby Kisses hd powder. I luvs that stuff.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 9:30am
I apparently have very oily skin I don't even use a lot of foundation and in a couple of house the makeup is way too shiny.
I was looking into reviews on it and looking up some location.

Why you doing this to me Sug?

For some reason I want some kind of foundation stick

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 9:31am
Im gonna check that ruby kiss hd powder out.......TC where did you go? and for those la girl concealors everywhere I go they only have the darker shades.....

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 9:32am
TC I'm gonna look into some of the local BSS to find those

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 9:41am
The Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks are nice. 

I also like Maybelline Colour Whisper Lip colours. They're a solid gel formulation so they're like a cross between lipstick and lip gloss. 

NYX concealer in a jar isn't too bad when it's set with a good powder. 

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 9:45am
Jones you might want to stay away from stick foundation if you have oily skin.  I have both dry and oily but the oily parts make stick foundations a no go usually.  I use this one the most:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=Mw4iEIn-ioMTYM&tbnid=IygjhIBwpagkdM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.beautylish.com%2Fp%2Fblack-opal-true-color-liquid-foundation&ei=euj8UoG1GrLKsQTLyYHADQ&bvm=bv.61190604,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNGG0WflZDTF3_LvjZ15HcF9VOWUrw&ust=1392392672831276" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 9:58am
Jones you can't use anything stick if you have oily skin. Watching YT videos would have you buying everything. They never state what type of skin they have.

I have super oily skin and the black opal stick had me looking greezy like starkeisha ready to have a fight. No ma'am you can't do it.  You have to stick to liquid foundation and use mattifying powder to control any oils that seep through.  

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 9:58am
The ruby kisses line is only in BSS. I haven't seen them anyhere else.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 10:07am
mailto:http://www.beautyonlinesupply.com/brand/ruby-kisses.html" rel="nofollow - buy Ruby Kisses online

ETA: I purchased all my Ruby Kisses stuff online from either this site or Sam's Beauty.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 10:17am
Yeah I got all my Ruby Kisses stuff from Samsbeauty.com

ETA:  I really hate that I can't try them first so I end up with stuff that doesn't work.  I don't mind too much because the prices are good.  I need them to do free shipping at a lower total (maybe $25Smile)

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 10:19am
Loreal Lumi matches but it made me so shiny. I was so surprised, my face was glowing. Maybe if I add powder. Ive never used just powder, idk my shade

I really wanna try la girl/colors concealers

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 11:32am
L'Oreal true match the not the lumi one. The darker tones are actually nice.

The cover girl latifah 3 in 1 foundation is great

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 11:39am
Ruby Kisses is also on Amazon

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 2:43pm
If you're going to wear drugstore makeup, do Maybelline, I think they are the best out of them all. I like the CoverGirl concealer stick. The one that Janelle Monae wears

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 2:54pm
covergirl has the best mascara

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 2:58pm
I used to love the Maybelline Dream Matte mousse, but the transfer was annoying. You couldn't even touch your face without your fingers being covered, no matter how little you put on or if you set it.

I love Covergirl Lash Blast, the orange one for length and volume. Their mascara is the biz.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 2:59pm
Yes!!!  Covergirl mascara is my shat.  But I still want to try that diorshow that was posted in the high end threadDisapprove

*slaps self on hands*

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 3:22pm
just picked up the L'Oreal truematch and Revlon color stay. Bought a finishing mist and a translucent powder.hope this works

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 3:32pm
Which finishing mist did you get? Is it drugstore too?

I need a new one, but I'm not so in love with the UD spray that I simply MUST have it again.

Posted By: msjaim2
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 3:34pm
covergirl has the trublend liquid out. They have a nice range of colors and its separated by shade  (light medium and deep). each one has warm cool and nuetral undertones within it. I sampled it at a walgreens and liked what I saw. However,  I use lancome. I color match myself at sephora or ulta, and purchase tester sizes off of ebay.

Posted By: solena
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 3:41pm
face-Maybelline Revlon Milan nyx cover girl queen NYC powders black radiance(all)

concealor-foundations, LA girl pro and ruby kisses concealers

lipsticks-you can't go wrong with any of the drug store brands right now
 they've all put out solid collections the past couple of years.

mascaras-all Maybelline, loreal telescopic(all formulas)

eye shadows-wet n wild single shadows and palettes, Maybelline eye tattoo, nyx and if you dont mind ordering online coastal scents.

primers- boots(target) elf nyx ruby kisses rimmel

eye/lip liners-jordana elf nyx milani rimmel wet n wild

lashes/adhesives-bss blue box ,red cherry,ardell,stardell ect Revlon and duo adhesives

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 3:42pm
Found a few more pics of the upcoming Shea Moisture line. I hope those eye shadows are as pigmented as they look.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by msjaim2 msjaim2 wrote:

covergirl has the trublend liquid out. They have a nice range of colors and its separated by shade  (light medium and deep). each one has warm cool and nuetral undertones within it. I sampled it at a walgreens and liked what I saw. However,  I use lancome. I color match myself at sephora or ulta, and purchase tester sizes off of ebay.

Wow i never thought about buying samples from Ebay. Its quite annoying to buy foundation at the drug store only to find out it doesn't match your skin tone. I think Walgreens has that money back guarantee if it doesn't match but thats annoying.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 3:46pm
The base color for the foundation shades look yellow(yay!). Shea Moisture better get them yt faces away from that make up made for brown folk.GeekLOL

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 3:47pm
I never heard of this shea moisture line. How is the foundation for oily skin? Is this line new? Im not seeing any YT reviews yet.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

The base color for the foundation shades look yellow(yay!). Shea Moisture better get them yt faces away from that make up made for brown folk.GeekLOL

Glad I didn't post the pics from New York Fashion Week where they premiered it...I spied a couple of white faces dolled up with it.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

I never heard of this shea moisture line. How is the foundation for oily skin? Is this line new? Im not seeing any YT reviews yet.

It's not coming out til Spring or summer.

Rumbera gave us this ray of sunshine in the high end makeup thread yesterday .

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 3:59pm
damn i want that Shea moisture .hurry up.

I just bought my stuff from target and checked for Shea moisture just in case lol

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

I like that it goes on natural looking and is buildable.

Looka my natural ladies so beautiful Heart

Posted By: Girl101
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 6:09pm
I like Iman BB cream, my fave. I love all the maybelline color whisper collection. This is my fave lipstick at the moment http: It was so cheap and it lasts and looks so pretty!

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Im gonna check that ruby kiss hd powder out.......TC where did you go? and for those la girl concealors everywhere I go they only have the darker shades.....

hey girly.  if i recall correctly you are south burbs.  if so, this place in hammond has the complete ruby kisses line as well as a ton of nyx stuff.  i go out there from time to time.  but if you prefer the city, i go to the star bss on 87h and kedzie or the one by hobo on cicero...can't think of the name because its newer...

http://www.kalibeauty.com/contact-us/" rel="nofollow - http://www.kalibeauty.com/contact-us/

and yeah the la girl seems to only be sold in the darker colors at the bss.  the lightest they usually have is warm beige or something like that...which i know is too dark for you... 

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:19pm

The 3D Face creator was a fail for me.  I looked crazy no matter what color I used but it is def. a great concealer like Natural said. 

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=tu39aJRab36xoM&tbnid=EDElSY_SOciCYM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Felliebeautycom.blogspot.com%2F2012_06_01_archive.html&ei=RN38UpOYMqXjsAS12oHYDQ&bvm=bv.61190604,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNFcvyY5dvgxUuzKgAyuPktuilOemw&ust=1392389749479712" rel="nofollow -  

yeah...i had to work to hard to get it to look good.  no beauno.  which is why i switched to la girl pro.  i still like it for concealer tho if i really need to cover something up...

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:21pm
i don't really wear makeup except mascara and ocassionally lipstick but i think the elf packaging is pretty. 

not much help here. lol

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:31pm
ok ladies if you are looking for a drug store good quick dry top coat you can pick up from just about any where...try this...

i love it.

you can apply to wet nails after a minute or 2 and it will dry to the touch in about 60 seconds.  fully dry in about 5-10 minutes.  you can put it over any old cheapo brand and it will give you a nice shine that lasts for at least 4-5 days...which is wonderful for me because i am super hard on nails...

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Glad I didn't post the pics from New York Fashion Week where they premiered it...I spied a couple of white faces dolled up with it.
Lol nooo!Dead

I'm so considering some of the BSS foundations now that everyone has given them the thumbs up. I found NK lipsticks this month and I really like them.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:34pm

la girl blush is also the bomb.com...also bss

very cheap...nice color selection and a very little goes a long way because they are VERY pigmented...

i apply with tip of real techniques blush brush...and buff/blend it out with the sides of said brush...

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:36pm
I doubt mine has any of those.
I may have to search online

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:40pm
damn jones that sucks!!!!!!!!!!

i remember when i was away at school i went thru severe bss withdrawel...Cry 

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 10:04pm
I just picked up two Black Opal stick foundations thanks to this thread...I wasn't sure of the color so I got Beautiful Bronze and Hazelnut. My skin has been really dry this winter. Especially my forehead close to my hairline has been peeling.

The last drugstore offering I got was from the new Covergirl line. d something was the shade. 7 I think.

And this isn't drugstore, but my MUFE powder foundation in 175 is a tad to light so I'm gonna get the next shade up.

Posted By: sbrownie84
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 10:10pm
Wet and wild gel eyeliner is AMAZING as well as loreal voluminous lash. Staples in my makeup kit and personal stash

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 10:19pm
I missed the 50% off e.l.f. sale. That's what I get for procrastinating. All I wanted was some tinted moisturizer in Mocha. I'll wait til next time.

Posted By: KottonKandy
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 12:01am
Covergirl Queen collection, cause every woman is a queen,

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 12:22am
Originally posted by Girl101 Girl101 wrote:

I like Iman BB cream, my fave. I love all the maybelline color whisper collection. This is my fave lipstick at the moment http: It was so cheap and it lasts and looks so pretty!
love, love , love those lipsticks. I also like the black radiance blushes and ruby kisses foundation/concealer duo and eyeshadow primer. http://m.rubykissescosmetics.com/0053DFaceCreator.html

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 1:49am
The colors!

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 1:56am
Anyone know any good highlighters? I never know what to get !

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 7:32am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

i love love love the lightest wet and wild bronzer in the shade "reserve your cabana" for an everyday highlight.  it's a big azz container and i've actually hit pan.  that's how much i use it  at first i was skeptical because it just looks like some light azz powder...but it has a very subtle shimmer (not glittery) effect which can be built up if you like...

i apply with real techniques setting brush. 

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 7:58am
for those of you that love cheap moist lipsticks as much as i do lol...but you hate the feathering...try the milani anti feathering pencil.  it is clear so it doesn't interfere with the color like a normal lip liner might...

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:59am
I only buy "expensive" lipsticks and an occasional pretty shadow. Those are the only cosmetics I feel are worth spending money on. Everything else comes from walmart.

Foundation - Loreal True Match liquid (warm colors)

Lipgloss - NYC

Blush - Black Radiance

Lip/eyeliners - NYC/Wet n Wild/whatever I may come across at the check-out counter

Mascara - Maybelline...the one in the yellow tube

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:12am
I always have a pink Maybeline

I like this ELF gloss, "mauve" I think. I wanna try their blushes

Not drugstore but a BSS lipstick, "essence"

I bought a CV 3 in 1 foundation. I got it a shade darker by accident but its good. The shades are such a subtle change from one another. I noticed if I touched my face, I had a darker spot for a few minutes

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

The 3D Face creator was a fail for me.  I looked crazy no matter what color I used but it is def. a great concealer like Natural said. 

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=tu39aJRab36xoM&tbnid=EDElSY_SOciCYM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Felliebeautycom.blogspot.com%2F2012_06_01_archive.html&ei=RN38UpOYMqXjsAS12oHYDQ&bvm=bv.61190604,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNFcvyY5dvgxUuzKgAyuPktuilOemw&ust=1392389749479712" rel="nofollow -  

yeah...i had to work to hard to get it to look good.  no beauno.  which is why i switched to la girl pro.  i still like it for concealer tho if i really need to cover something up...

I really need this but I can't decide on the color.   We need a shade equivalent thread nowLOL  I think that I need beautiful bronze and maybe fawn for highlighting.  Which colors did you get from ebay?

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 2:43pm

ok ladies if you are looking for a drug store good quick dry top coat you can pick up from just about any where...try this...

i love it.

you can apply to wet nails after a minute or 2 and it will dry to the touch in about 60 seconds.  fully dry in about 5-10 minutes.  you can put it over any old cheapo brand and it will give you a nice shine that lasts for at least 4-5 days...which is wonderful for me because i am super hard on nails...

Yes!!!  Seche Vite does not dry fast enough for me.   4-5 days??  Hell yes!

TC stay out of this thread.  You are killing my pockets right now.

J/K - dont' stay out.  COME BACK WITH MORE..

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 3:00pm
i got mine from the bss.

warm sand is working best for me in these winter months. it has pink undertones which actually horrified me when i was considering testing it out...but i have come to accept that i actually have pink undertoned skin....sigh...

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 3:03pm

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

i love love love the lightest wet and wild bronzer in the shade "reserve your cabana" for an everyday highlight.  it's a big azz container and i've actually hit pan.  that's how much i use it  at first i was skeptical because it just looks like some light azz powder...but it has a very subtle shimmer (not glittery) effect which can be built up if you like...

i apply with real techniques setting brush. 

Ahhh thanks TC!!!!! You scared me at little with the color until you explained it LOL I'll check it out ASAP!!

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 3:07pm
lol...if you are going for more of a toned down matt everyday highlighter that gives a nice glow without boom shaka lacka sparkle...it's the bizness.  if you want something really shimmery...not so much.

i love it tho.  like seriously love.  lol

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 3:11pm
yes foxxy.  i just started using that top coat and i got 5 days from my last polish with this stuff...still shiney and only like 1 or 2 subtle signs of wear and tear.  i am hoping it doesn't get all thickish like some of the other fast dry top coats.  i'll report back after in a few weeks...

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 3:24pm
No shimmery mess!! I can't be in the store and my face shimmering like the vampires in twilight lol Not a good look for me

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 3:33pm
walgreens jordana lip liners are the only ones I use. i also love real techniques brushes. I think I like them better than my bdellium brushes. I dig the wet n wild bronzers, but they always break on me. 

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 3:39pm
i was just in target trying to kill time and i was trying to read this thread to see what to buy… but my phone was dying… 

Ermm

i got a revlon blush though.. i dont think I'm gonna feel it because of the color… 

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 3:46pm
oh yes.  i love jordana lip liner.

love their eye liners. both the twist pencils and the felt tip liquied liner

love their jumbo eye pencils.

but i think i am most in love with the lip balm in the shade nude chic.  it is the perfect pinkish nude balm with just a hint of shimmer.  i pretty much wear it everyday.  i have gone thru at least 2 in the past 6 months i use it so often.  i've also given it to several of my friends as a lil gift...lol

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 3:51pm
-I got the new baby skin by maybelline....i think it was over hyped...it's an ok product overall

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 5:11pm
TC, I bought a LA girl mineral blush today. They had no LA girl pro conceal in my color so no dice.LOL

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 8:22pm

i got mine from the bss.

warm sand is working best for me in these winter months. it has pink undertones which actually horrified me when i was considering testing it out...but i have come to accept that i actually have pink undertoned skin....sigh...

The dreaded undertone and I'm also starting to think mine is pink and not yellow or red as I try to narrow it down.  I STILL don't knowLOL

http://travelingblush.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/la-girl-concealer-complete-swatches6.png" rel="nofollow">L.A Girl HD Pro Conceal high definition concealer complete swatch

This gave me a better reference but I was bugging with beautiful bronze.  I think I need toffee and warm honey.  Maybe I'll get one of the darker ones for contouring.  The Medium Bisque looks exactly like my Bobby Brown bisque concealer so I want to try that one too.  The Bobby Brown is too oily for me but I love the color correction.   I need at least 4 to decideLOL

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 8:31pm
Took your recommendation and bought Elf HD powder Dr Samone.
I've heard hood things about it

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 8:33pm
lol

*good

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 8:38pm
I stay buying my make-up too dark.
I swear I'm chocolate coloured. 

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 8:46pm
I buy too dark foundation too.thats been my problem. But I rather a tad too dark than too light.
Darker is easier to fix.

I had to return my Revlon color stay in Mahoghanny yester.

The loreal Cappocino was a good fit

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 8:50pm
I'm bringing in my old foundation into the store tomorrow to match my color. Poor store lighting jacks me all the way up when trying to figure out my shade.Dead

Kfoxx, those swatches are great!

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I stay buying my make-up too dark.
I swear I'm chocolate coloured. 

LOL This is me all day.  I feel like I'm so thirsty to be chocolate sometimes.  I need to get it together because I keep wasting money on the wrong shades. 

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:10pm
@cc I was so confused before I found that.  Apparently Toffee is NC45 dupe.  Fawn is the yellow version I guess

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:16pm
Like, chestnut and fawn look like my colors(???). I see myself mixing them together. This make up thing, I swear.LOL

I wear Revlon colorstay 400 Caramel combination/oily skin
Revlon colorstay 410 Cappuccino combination/oily skin

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:36pm
Yes I think chestnut is going to be my dark color that I can use for mixing.  I use the same colors in Revlon as you so I think we'll be okay.   I have to order mine online so let me know if you buy them and how they work. 

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:53pm
^We're the same colors?! Yay!Big smile

I'm ordering online too. My BSS did not have any of the colors I needed. Amazon.com has them all for $2.75 each.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:54pm
Yall swear yall me.
I use caramel colorstay but I mix it with a lil' photoready capp...it has a reddish undertone which I like.

Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:00pm
i can't wait to try Mary kay's bb cream. 

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:02pm

Yall swear yall me.
I use caramel colorstay but I mix it with a lil' photoready capp...it has a reddish undertone which I like.

Exactly!LOL

What else you mixin' girl???   We are twinsBig smile 

- Black Opal Nutmeg (liquid) is perfect for me if I mix in a smidge of Truly Topaz but I can get away with not having to add it with just a light application. 

- I love Coastal Scents ST-11 but it has no staying power.  I think the LA Girl Concealer is going to solve a lot of issues because I will happily do a concealer, some power and be out.  

- I love, love, love Mary Kay 504 but its a smidge too red so I add a little 507 and its good. 

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:03pm
I'm gonna try to go to target tomorrow. I want some bb cream and some blushes. I also wanna try some lip colors. Hopefully ill find a damn nude. There was one by Revlon i think, sold out in target, duane reade, walgreens.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:05pm
So we all mixin' the about the same colors huh?GeekLOL

Now that we have an idea of foundation colors, is there a conversion chart for Black Opal foundation sticks?

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:06pm
Right now I'm in love with maybelliene's BB cream.
That's mostly what I've been using.
I think it only comes in one negro color though. 

Aside from that I've used MUFE in 175 and NARS in New Guinea. 
I haven't tried Black Opal yet which I want to. 
I'm not sure if they sell it in the WalMart here.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:07pm

^We're the same colors?! Yay!Big smile

I'm ordering online too. My BSS did not have any of the colors I needed. Amazon.com has them all for $2.75 each.

I think we're close.  I have some red/pink/yellow undertone all at the same time bullsh*t going on so I think I'm going to do Toffee instead of Fawn or maybe I'll just buy both.   I don't feel so bad buying them since they are so inexpensive.  I wish my local beauty supply store would get it together.   I need to make a trip to Manhattan soon cause I bet Lot less has them for $1. 

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:08pm

So we all mixin' the about the same colors huh?GeekLOL

Now that we have an idea of foundation colors, is there a conversion chart for Black Opal foundation sticks?

I like this one:

http://findation.com/" rel="nofollow - http://findation.com/

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:10pm

Right now I'm in love with maybelliene's BB cream.

Excuse you!  What Color?LOL

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:18pm
I have it in "deep."
It's the darkest color they have smh.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:23pm

Amazon.com has them all for $2.75 each.

$2.50 at Beauty Joint and low shipping

http://beautyjoint.com/la-girl-pro-conceal?keyword=la%20girl%20concealer" rel="nofollow - http://beautyjoint.com/la-girl-pro-conceal?keyword=la%20girl%20concealer

Print Page | Close Window