Print Page | Close Window

How Did You Meet Your SO?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368436
Printed Date: Jul 19 2018 at 5:10am

Topic: How Did You Meet Your SO?
Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Subject: How Did You Meet Your SO?
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 12:24am
Don't know if this topic was made here? 

I love to hear how couples met and was it a go at the beginning with that person or you just didn't feel them and then for some reason you changed your mind and decided to give them a 2nd chance and said "Hey he/she isn;t too bad and the relationship took off...

met them thru friends? out of the blue?Big smile

So all the married/boyfriend/girlfriend  folks on here...How did you meet your SO?

*SITTING AT TABLE  LISTENING*

Replies:
Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 12:31am
She tried to hook me up with her fat friend knowing damn well she was the baddest one out of all of them. She was testing me to see if I would settle, lol

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 12:33am
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

She tried to hook me up with her fat friend knowing damn well she was the baddest one out of all of them. She was testing me to see if I would settle, lol

LOLLOL...and now you both are together? she's good...LOL

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 12:51am
I was working at Target when he came in to purchase curtains for his girlfriends apartment.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 1:17am
These threads are always cute!

Am I allowed to say that since I am an active member of the SBA?LOL

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 1:23am
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

I was working at Target when he came in to purchase curtains for his girlfriends apartment.

NO!!!!   so he told you what he was there for and ?????? 

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 1:25am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

don't worry I am very single...so I would love to read A LOT OF STORIES HERE of how you met your SO...yeah since Valentine's day is coming up...

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 1:26am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

search my posts......

Booooooooo your no fun LOL

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 1:48am
I saw his fine ass walking down the street in Harlem. I'm not pressed about these niccas but I spotted him when he was like a block away. I saw him walk into popeyes and followed him in like a true fuccin creep. He saw me after he placed his order and BOOM thats my man 100 grand.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 2:47am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

I saw his fine ass walking down the street in Harlem. I'm not pressed about these niccas but I spotted him when he was like a block away. I saw him walk into popeyes and followed him in like a true fuccin creep. He saw me after he placed his order and BOOM thats my man 100 grand.

Big smileBig smileBig smile....snagged and tagged..LOLLOLLOL

Posted By: missunfoolish
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 2:55am
we found love in a hopeless place

sike. single as fuuuuck Cry

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 3:31am
I met mine on Amazon. He was black, long, and thick!! I had to have him! We been together ever since Smile 2 months and counting!!

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 3:33am
Originally posted by missunfoolish missunfoolish wrote:

we found love in a hopeless place

sike. single as fuuuuck Cry

aaawww it will happen when u least expect it too..Hugthen you will be on here complaining of him left and right...LOLLOL He don't do this, he don't do that, he works so much we never spend any quality time together, LOLLOLLOL. I wished i were still single, but i love this man so much..

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 3:36am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I met mine on Amazon. He was black, long, and thick!! I had to have him! We been together ever since Smile 2 months and counting!!
\

Shocked....*clutching my pearls and Holy Bible*....GURL HUSH YOUR MOUTHLOLLOLLOL

Posted By: beautiful_hair
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 5:44am
I initially met him when I took my friend to his house (they are friends) when she came to town.  Me and him got into it a little bit about how his house looked and when we left I told my friend to never bring me around him again!   Fast forward 11 months and we meet again at a cookout and this time I thought he was not as bad as the initial meeting even though I was hesitant.  It went from there.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 5:55am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

shid.  he got chicken and Amilia?  I'm not seeing where he went wrong either.LOL

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 5:56am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Amazon?  Amazon is selling ninja's now...new and used?

*heads over to The Amazon.com*

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 6:05am
bb nasty. LOL

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 6:31am
Dating website

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 6:36am
In class. I felt bad at first since another girl was checking for him and I was not interested in him at all. But eventually he wore me down. Greatest relationship ever.

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 6:58am
Hopefully, I will meet her through BHM.

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 11:28am
We met through a mutual friend one day. We started talking alot without the mutual friend days later because we ran into eachother. We talked on myspace were and meeting before class each morning. Then started texting.more, i had to conserve my minutes back then and he had a horrible boost phone that never got messages. We were good friends for two years cuz we just didnt think the other liked the other like that and one night after the movies i just kissed him(9/27/09). Its been on since then. He proposed July 1st 2012 and we married 2 1/2 months later. Had our son in December

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 11:33am
We use to work together.....he asked me out the day he got fired.....LOL

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 11:41am

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

yeah

you are single, not bitter
Tru!Tongue

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 11:50am
i think these stories are cute too… ya never know where/when/how you will meet that person.. 

-gasp- coco doesnt hate/wish death upon all relationships?!?? -/shock- 

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 12:08pm
A evander holyfield / Spinks boxing match .

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 12:29pm
at the office.

and this..

lol I have been on here long enough and posted the story enough times that I am sure a few folks remember how we met

if not, oh well lol

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 12:39pm
Met him at the club and he bought me a drink. I told him to scram after the 3rd song cos I was determined to collect atleast 6 number for the night......But he just wouldn'tCry. Been married for almost 12 years to date.

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 1:00pm
Mr. Blaquefoxx lived in my complex and I had a major crush on him. But I figured he was married or I wasn't his type. I used to see him sitting by the steps leading to my building and I would take another route because I would get nervous around him *blushes*

I used to stare at him from my window (no-stalker lol) sitting alone on the steps. 

Came home one night from service and saw him. We were walking in the in the opposite direction heading towards our complex and it was too late for me to switch my route up. He finally spoke (said something real cheesy). Then I never saw him again :(

Bumped into him a few months later while going to school one morning and he was like "woman where have you been, I've been thinking about you for 3 months..." We started riding the train together to go to work. He told me he used to sit outside on the steps hoping I would come outside and every time he would muster up the courage to approach me I would walk on the other side of the street lol. 

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 1:01pm
awwww

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 1:05pm
Mine was not romantic in the least l

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 1:08pm

neither was my last jones... but it was an unexpectedish place. 

tell us 

Posted By: mommykat
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 1:37pm
@ the OP... I was Twerking by the math lab, Twerking by the EE/computer science lab--- Twerking--- just Twerking… LOL

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Mine was not romantic in the least l

says who?
(I find the oddest things romantic tho)

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by mommykat mommykat wrote:

@ the OP... I was Twerking by the math lab, Twerking by the EE/computer science lab--- Twerking--- just Twerking… LOL

StarStarStarStarStar Chick

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 2:09pm
How the effff does her butt do that???Approve  You know she just came back from church in that dress. All that snookum juice flying on the fresh fishLOL

Posted By: blackarosoe
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 2:32pm
In middle schoool 22years ago

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 2:41pm
blaquefoxx Cry that is so sweet

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 5:23pm
We met 2 days before my undergrad graduation and his med school graduation. I had just gotten out of a five year relationship a month before so I wasn't really looking for a man but I saw him taking pictures and he was fine so I wanted to phuck. Anyways I approached him and his friend and introduced myself and while all of his friends were giving me the googly eyes that phucka acted like I wasn't even alive. So in my head I was like phuck him. Anyways his graduation was in the morning and mine was in the evening so he came because he knew some girl graduating with me. Afterwards the girl invited me to her graduation party and he ended up showing up to congratulate her. This phucka walked up in the place like he owned it looking all sexy and shyt and still avoiding the shyt out my ass.

About two weeks later I ran into the girl and asked about him and what his deal was. She told me that he was single and all the Nigerian girls wanted him so I was in for a fight. Turns out dude had graduated from pharmacy school and then went to medical school. That's all I needed to hear, I told her to give him my number. I no longer just wanted to phuck I was trying to put a ring on that.

So she gave him my number and he ended calling me while I was on a date with this dude that I wasn't really feeling. I remember trying to rush the date up so I could call him back. We ended up talking for hours that night and he was like if I knew you were interested I would have snatched you up a long time ago. So he asked me out the next day and the day after that and the day after that and so on and a month later he called me up and said hope you're not seeing anybody else because you're mine and I said cool. So here we are almost 4 years later.

I remember making a thread on bhm about him telling me he loved me and me being caught off guard and saying it back only to call him back and say I didn't really mean it. Eventually I was able to say it back and mean it. Yes I'm an ass but he's an ass too so it works perfectly.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

I had just gotten out of a five year relationship a month before so I wasn't really looking for a man but I saw him taking pictures and he was fine so I wanted to phuck
CryCryCryLOLDead

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 5:28pm

and he ended calling me while I was on a date with this dude that I wasn't really feeling. I remember trying to rush the date up so I could call him back. 
CryDead

Posted By: decemberdiamond
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 5:38pm
Mutual friends baby shower. I'm so happy I actually met him in person lol, every story now is online and fb lol oh and yes the first time we hit it off immediately which is rare.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 5:39pm

So here we are almost 4 years later.

awww

Posted By: Girl101
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 5:40pm
We met in chemistry class, we just had that chemistry.... lol LOL At first he irritated me. He was sitting behind me with a lady friend and they would always be talking. Later they both moved beside me and I hated it. I like being alone and having space around me. However, one day as I was walking to my car he came up to talk to me, and we talked for over an hour. He asked for my number I told him to get it from his lady friend. Later he hit me up and we would always go out to eat on Mondays after class. I didn't know he wanted to date me till one day I kept complaining about this book I was mad I didn't buy. I didn't tell him the author's name or book title just explained the details of it, Idk how he did it but later he got me the book with a note inside. I finally figured out that he liked me. We've been dating since and we plan to get married next year.

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 5:48pm
Blaque let me find out you were stalking him from your 5th floor window. Lips all moisturized with vaseline just staring. Mean while he was downstairs waiting on you to go to the store for your mama. Dang she don't need no EGGS!!!

That was super cute.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 5:50pm
My dreams.

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 6:07pm
Awwwww these are so sweet! I do love a love story

Posted By: Meme0887
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 6:19pm
Smile It was about 25 years ago and it was love at first bite

Me and food been together ever since..Approve

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 6:28pm

Posted By: nemesis1
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 6:50pm
I've been feeling bad about being single lately Unhappy, but this thread makes me feel hopeful. Thumbs Up

Posted By: Cocoa
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:07pm
This is me......Cry

Posted By: slayfresh
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:11pm
innanet

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Blaque let me find out you were stalking him from your 5th floor window. Lips all moisturized with vaseline just staring. Mean while he was downstairs waiting on you to go to the store for your mama. Dang she don't need no EGGS!!!

That was super cute.
I did live on the 5th floor too -____-

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

That was super cute.
I did live on the 5th floor too -____-
Brah man?

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 12:03am
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

In class. I felt bad at first since another girl was checking for him and I was not interested in him at all. But eventually he wore me down. Greatest relationship ever.

this seems to happen most of the time....lol...aaawww..

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Meme0887 Meme0887 wrote:

LOLLOLLOL don't that one specific piece of favorite food get jealous when you substitute it?LOL

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 12:06am
Originally posted by nemesis1 nemesis1 wrote:

I've been feeling bad about being single lately Unhappy, but this thread makes me feel hopeful. Thumbs Up

I know...don;t it...Big smile

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Lonisha87 Lonisha87 wrote:

We met through a mutual friend one day. We started talking alot without the mutual friend days later because we ran into eachother. We talked on myspace were and meeting before class each morning. Then started texting.more, i had to conserve my minutes back then and he had a horrible boost phone that never got messages. We were good friends for two years cuz we just didnt think the other liked the other like that and one night after the movies i just kissed him(9/27/09). Its been on since then. He proposed July 1st 2012 and we married 2 1/2 months later. Had our son in December

LONISHA....JUST STOP..JUST STOP

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 12:10am

Met him at the club and he bought me a drink. I told him to scram after the 3rd song cos I was determined to collect atleast 6 number for the night......But he just wouldn'tCry. Been married for almost 12 years to date.

LOLLOLLOL...only you...only you....great love

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 12:14am
Touching story but it means too much to me to have it put out on BHM like that...

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 12:16am

We met 2 days before my undergrad graduation and his med school graduation. I had just gotten out of a five year relationship a month before so I wasn't really looking for a man but I saw him taking pictures and he was fine so I wanted to phuck. Anyways I approached him and his friend and introduced myself and while all of his friends were giving me the googly eyes that phucka acted like I wasn't even alive. So in my head I was like phuck him. Anyways his graduation was in the morning and mine was in the evening so he came because he knew some girl graduating with me. Afterwards the girl invited me to her graduation party and he ended up showing up to congratulate her. This phucka walked up in the place like he owned it looking all sexy and shyt and still avoiding the shyt out my ass.

About two weeks later I ran into the girl and asked about him and what his deal was. She told me that he was single and all the Nigerian girls wanted him so I was in for a fight. Turns out dude had graduated from pharmacy school and then went to medical school. That's all I needed to hear, I told her to give him my number. I no longer just wanted to phuck I was trying to put a ring on that.

So she gave him my number and he ended calling me while I was on a date with this dude that I wasn't really feeling. I remember trying to rush the date up so I could call him back. We ended up talking for hours that night and he was like if I knew you were interested I would have snatched you up a long time ago. So he asked me out the next day and the day after that and the day after that and so on and a month later he called me up and said hope you're not seeing anybody else because you're mine and I said cool. So here we are almost 4 years later.

I remember making a thread on bhm about him telling me he loved me and me being caught off guard and saying it back only to call him back and say I didn't really mean it. Eventually I was able to say it back and mean it. Yes I'm an ass but he's an ass too so it works perfectly.

so he was playing hard to get....he knew you were interested in him....lol..
called you UP AND SAID....YOU WERE HIS....Hot dayum...what a man, what a man ...what a mighty good man...

ClapClap....saying u love him....CryCry...

these stories are great and funny at the same time....

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

Touching story but it means too much to me to have it put out on BHM like that...

that's ok....

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 12:19am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Mr. Blaquefoxx lived in my complex and I had a major crush on him. But I figured he was married or I wasn't his type. I used to see him sitting by the steps leading to my building and I would take another route because I would get nervous around him *blushes*

I used to stare at him from my window (no-stalker lol) sitting alone on the steps. 

Came home one night from service and saw him. We were walking in the in the opposite direction heading towards our complex and it was too late for me to switch my route up. He finally spoke (said something real cheesy). Then I never saw him again :(

Bumped into him a few months later while going to school one morning and he was like "woman where have you been, I've been thinking about you for 3 months..." We started riding the train together to go to work. He told me he used to sit outside on the steps hoping I would come outside and every time he would muster up the courage to approach me I would walk on the other side of the street lol. 

AAWWWWW....so he was checking you out also...Wink

Posted By: ragincajin
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 8:13am
Beautiful love stories ladies! Thanks.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 8:18am
lmaaaoooooo @ twerkin by the babies...twerkin by the babies...twerk...twerk...twerk...twerk...

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 8:26am
This is my second marriage.
First one didn't make it. We married a week after graduation from law school. It lasted two years.
We were both hell bent on doing whatever it took to succeed. We both knew that this black skin of ours meant that we'd have to do, and do and do! So...we did and did and did..and lost each other in the process. We parted as friends. We never spent any real time together once we graduated, so it wasn't hostile at all. But it did make us both look at what we'd done.

He has a lovely family now. Wife was an art major I think. He said one lady lawyer was enough.

He is still a great guy, but I am still the better lawyer.
We've gone against each other professionally only once. One of those five lawyers on each side deal. His side lost!

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

This is my second marriage.
First one didn't make it. We married a week after graduation from law school. It lasted two years.
We were both hell bent on doing whatever it took to succeed. We both knew that this black skin of ours meant that we'd have to do, and do and do! So...we did and did and did..and lost each other in the process. We parted as friends. We never spent any real time together once we graduated, so it wasn't hostile at all. But it did make us both look at what we'd done.

He has a lovely family now. Wife was an art major I think. He said one lady lawyer was enough.

He is still a great guy, but I am still the better lawyer.
We've gone against each other professionally only once. One of those five lawyers on each side deal. His side lost!

Shocked  did it feel awkard when you both were at court? What kind of lawyer is he?   Criminal, Medical, 
that is great you both were mature enough to part ways and still be friends. No blaming  each other..You live and learn...

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Cocoa Cocoa wrote:

This is me......Cry

aaaawww CoCoHug

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Meme0887 Meme0887 wrote:

Did y'all go out to eat tonight?

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 9:34pm
He was good friends with my brother when I met him and I was in and out of a "situation".  He also managed the record store next door to the restaurant where I worked.  He flirted with me for about a good year and I was joking around like "stop playingStern Smile".  One day things suddenly just went from 25 to 100 and after we hooked up for the first time he told me "I can't be friends with you so if you're not ready to be mine leave me alone".  My situation was still messy and he was running from being caught up in my drama with my son's father.  We dated for a while and then became "friends" but kept our distance as much as possible.  He got married (messy as hell) and other messiness ensued where my situation confronted him and he basically told a-hole that he would never try to get with me but if he (the a-hole) wasn't on his job he would be happy to take over.   Fast forward a few years later we ran into each other one day and haven't parted since (20yrs).

A whole bunch of questionable sh*t happened in between where I likely needed to be choked but hey. ...true love prevailedLOL

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:46pm
lmao @ love at first bite.Cry sounds like something id sayLOL

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:50pm
ICE! Ur avi Heart

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

did it feel awkard when you both were at court? What kind of lawyer is he?   Criminal, Medical, 
that is great you both were mature enough to part ways and still be friends. No blaming  each other..You live and learn...

Nah. It wasn't awkward at all. Each side always knows opposing counsel, so no surprises there. It always comes down to the best crafted arguments. He is bright. Very bright. But can be a blunt instrument at times. There's an art to war.

Eta: Both corporate.

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

lmao @ love at first bite.Cry sounds like something id sayLOL
LOL

Date Posted: Feb 14 2014 at 10:52pm
Ok LadyIce.
I don't know when you changed your avi, but I really liked the evil queen look. But, ok...rock on.

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 12:23am
Currently reading this thread while listening to Anita baker and drinking alcohol. Keep the stories coming everybody! I love em

Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 4:41am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

He was good friends with my brother when I met him and I was in and out of a "situation".  He also managed the record store next door to the restaurant where I worked.  He flirted with me for about a good year and I was joking around like "stop playingStern Smile".  One day things suddenly just went from 25 to 100 and after we hooked up for the first time he told me "I can't be friends with you so if you're not ready to be mine leave me alone".  My situation was still messy and he was running from being caught up in my drama with my son's father.  We dated for a while and then became "friends" but kept our distance as much as possible.  He got married (messy as hell) and other messiness ensued where my situation confronted him and he basically told a-hole that he would never try to get with me but if he (the a-hole) wasn't on his job he would be happy to take over.   Fast forward a few years later we ran into each other one day and haven't parted since (20yrs).

A whole bunch of questionable sh*t happened in between where I likely needed to be choked but hey. ...true love prevailedLOL

oh lawd so much mess and you both still ended up with each other...20 yrs together...ClapClapClap..you are correct TRUE LOVE DID PREVAIL HERE...
so many fantastic love stories here...ClapClap

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 9:05am
I met my husband at work. He was my supervisor. It was like love and lust at first sight. The first night we worked together we talked all night long. It was like no one else existed. We clicked so tight it was scary. We have been inseparable every since. It sucked though because we had to keep it a secret because of the nature of the job and you weren't allowed to fraternize. So we would act like we were just cordial at work but we would sneak in a kiss or cop a feel amongst other things when no one was looking.EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 9:25am
I came out on stage and danced to "beautiful ones"....Married 6 weeks later.

(Knows this will be later saved as a receipt)

Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I met my husband at work. He was my supervisor. It was like love and lust at first sight. The first night we worked together we talked all night long. It was like no one else existed. We clicked so tight it was scary. We have been inseparable every since. It sucked though because we had to keep it a secret because of the nature of the job and you weren't allowed to fraternize. So we would act like we were just cordial at work but we would sneak in a kiss or cop a feel amongst other things when no one was looking.EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

OOOHHH GIRL u doin the nasty on the job....LOLLOLBig smileEmbarrassed....now no more sneakin....so when one of you quit you made your relationship known.  Did any other females try to talk to your man on the job but you couldn't do/say anything cause it would look obvious?

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 4:36pm

OOOHHH GIRL u doin the nasty on the job....LOLLOLBig smileEmbarrassed....now no more sneakin....so when one of you quit you made your relationship known.  Did any other females try to talk to your man on the job but you couldn't do/say anything cause it would look obvious?

Girl it was funny because people would try to holla at both of us. One of the other supervisors even told him that he was planning on asking me out and my husband was like "Naw man I heard she is taken" LOL 

I would be around girls and hear them talking about how sexy he was. It was entertaining and kind of a turn on because no one suspected it and I knew that all of that chocolate was mines.

Date Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 4:42pm

Girl it was funny because people would try to holla at both of us. One of the other supervisors even told him that he was planning on asking me out and my husband was like "Naw man I heard she is taken" LOL 

I would be around girls and hear them talking about how sexy he was. It was entertaining and kind of a turn on because no one suspected it and I knew that all of that chocolate was mines.

I like the "Naw man I heard she is taken"Clap  You attract management ..what is your secret? Big smile

you both were really, extra goodClap
I just know his winks were onWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink...and u would just melt...LOL

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:44am
me and hub met and got married secretly while we were working together. After years, still only a few people knew we were married to each other.

Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

me and hub met and got married secretly while we were working together. After years, still only a few people knew we were married to each other.

whoaa...just you two and the JOP...and still many years later only a handful knew? how about your parents? (both sides) 

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 10:21pm
A lot of workplace meetings in here

Well, I met this guy when I got promoted at work.  We were in the same training class.  We talked a lot at work about things and stuff.  I never really had any idea he really liked me in "that way."  He treats everybody the same and he's not really flirty or anything.  He kind of acts like Hank off of Kind of the Hill.  That suits me perfectly though.  Men who real smooth get the side eye from me.  He made a comment once when we were at work but I didn't really follow through with it.  He got in touch with me the day after I got fired and asked me out.  We've been going out ever since.

Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 3:11am
yea a lot of work place hook ups since u spend 40 or more of your awake hours there per week....i bet a lot of affairs start there too but this aint the thread for that 

Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 3:56am
Originally posted by M<b>arcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

yea a lot of work place hook ups since u spend 40 or more of your awake hours there per wee
k....i bet a lot of affairs start there too but this aint the thread for that 

exactly...

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 5:58am

Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

NO!!!!   so he told you what he was there for and ?????? 

After we had had been together for a few weeks he told me about his ex. I didnt know her but she and I attended the same school. It never got messy but he did introduce her to me.

Yet another workplace meeting. . .

Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 9:58am

whoaa...just you two and the JOP...and still many years later only a handful knew? how about your parents? (both sides) 

We didn't do JP, we had a wedding, guests, etc. The pres and VP of our company was invited and attended . they were married too BTW lol. I meant that with employees, only a few knew we were married

We walked into the holiday party one year holding hands and 1 co worker said to another, "they came together?" And another co worker told her "they've been married for years they should come together" lol. I cracked up when she came running over to me and said "I didn't know you were marred to him." She had been with company about 4 years at time.

It was a company that had a lot of contract workers. new staff would come in about every 2 or 3 years. So it was common for new staff not to know we were together and we didn't particularly act married in the office. Tho we would walk from the car holding hands every morning, we'd unclasp hands as we entered the building doors. Lol.

Eta. We worked there together for around 8 years

Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 10:00am
Oh my sis did truly secretly get married. No one in FAM knew they were married til around 6 months later. She had a wedding too. Private, but it was at a church, minister, and she had a beautiful gown.

Eta. She wasn't pregnant. Lol

Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 10:05am
It won't let me edit, but MARRED should be MARRIED.

For any other typos, draw your own conclusions lol.

Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:05pm
Originally met him way back in 1994 at a convenience store. Dated for a few months (although he swears it was like a year...it wasn't!).

Fast forward to late 2007 it was a reconnection through Myspace. Got married in 2008 and can't get rid or this clipping toe nails over the bathroom sink niccah! Love him though Heart!

Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:09pm

We didn't do JP, we had a wedding, guests, etc. The pres and VP of our company was invited and attended . they were married too BTW lol. I meant that with employees, only a few knew we were married

We walked into the holiday party one year holding hands and 1 co worker said to another, "they came together?" And another co worker told her "they've been married for years they should come together" lol. I cracked up when she came running over to me and said "I didn't know you were marred to him." She had been with company about 4 years at time.

It was a company that had a lot of contract workers. new staff would come in about every 2 or 3 years. So it was common for new staff not to know we were together and we didn't particularly act married in the office. Tho we would walk from the car holding hands every morning, we'd unclasp hands as we entered the building doors. Lol.

Eta. We worked there together for around 8 years

Yall held hands every morning? That's so adorable ! Heart

Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:11pm
lol

SAPs (sad and pathetic)

Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by StylingArabella StylingArabella wrote:

Originally met him way back in 1994 at a convenience store. Dated for a few months (although he swears it was like a year...it wasn't!).

Fast forward to late 2007 it was a reconnection through Myspace. Got married in 2008 and can't get rid or this clipping toe nails over the bathroom sink niccah! Love him though Heart!

Girl.  Once you reconnect with your soul mate you can't get rid of his assLOL  Hubby said he was not about to let me get away ever againHeart

Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:19pm
hub said early on that he's never letting me get away because he knows I don't do 2nd chances. He observed some things quickly about me LOL.

Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:22pm
eta: it's not out of  meaness that I won't do 2nd chances, I've just never been able to get a loving feeling back for someone after it was over. I've never felt anything for an ex like that. I don't have to be mad at the person or hate them, just once the thrill is gone for me, it has never returned.

Things may be different though if something happened w/ hub,  but I guess he won't chance it, which is good lol.

eta: sometime it was plain meaness though.Big smile

Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:36pm
Purp I was the same way but I'm so glad he gave me a 2nd chanceEmbarrassed.  Guys did call me mean but I didn't give any fcks.  You blew it, don't even try it.  

Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:48pm
Heart
I like to hear about 2nd time around reunions.

Posted By: FarrahTheLibra
Date Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 7:56pm
Rewind a few years back...

He was a "troubled youth" LOL that my uncle's best friend ran into. My uncle has a business in the community where he often mentors young guys and teaches them a trade. So he brought him in and he was pretty quiet and kind of mean LOL but there was just something about him and he quickly became like part of the family. I thought he was so fine, as did every other heffa, only thing was I was pretty young and he was like five years older than me. And plus my uncle made it clear his girls were off limits. Yet, I started coming around the shop more often after school and I realized how intelligent he was and he made me laugh Embarrassed. So I was crushing hard only to find out he was dating this really pretty upperclassmen at my schoolCry so I never thought I had a chance with him. 

However, they ran into some DRAMA and in the mean time I got a boyfriend. So we really stopped talking as much. Until, my ex-boyfriend kicked me out on a cold ass winter day Angry. I called my uncle to come get me and he sent him instead. He was sooooo sweet and took me to red lobster and we just talked and told each other how we felt about each other and I swear I fell in love that nightLOLLOLLOL

Heart

Print Page | Close Window