Forum Name: Lace Fronts
Forum Description: Discussions on Lace Fronts
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368362
Printed Date: Jan 23 2018 at 10:45am

Topic: Ordered a custom silk top wig
Posted By: MochaBarbieDoll
Subject: Ordered a custom silk top wig
Date Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 2:09pm
So I have been searching far and wide for a person to make me a custom wig and found someone. I am getting a half silk top wig made where the silk goes from ear to ear medium brown lace, light brown lace, the person making my wig will be adding more hair to the lace to make it look even more realistic. I decided to go with a 100 percent density at the hair line to gradually fade to 130 percent towards the top and then 150 percent towards the back because I like full hair. I will keep everyone updated on the wig and also post pics once I receive it. Also if everything is right, I will provide the vendors information. All together, the cost is 375 which I don't think is bad and it will also be 24 inches long

Replies:
Posted By: trishasinbox
Date Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 7:26pm
my dream..lolHeart

Date Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 9:06am
I was going to ask for rush which would be 16 days to make, but I am paranoid and thought something could go wrong if you rush someone on their work so it will be done in about 25 days. I was going to do a full silk cap but I know through some of the topics, people thought the full silk top may be too hot, which is why I opted for the half silk. But the person I purchased from I believe has another slot for creating a wig if anyone is interested

Posted By: Shell4624
Date Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 4:15pm
2 things

1 - I may be interested in your vendor if all turns out well
2 - Hello neighbor.  I'm in Denver (well actually Aurora) too.  Nice to meet someone on the boards in the neighborhood.  

Keep us posted on your order.  Really interested in getting a costume unit.

Date Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 5:07pm
Hello there! I know it will turn out well, the person has a 100 percent rating and she even had people who purchased from her follow up months later with even more positive feedback on top of the previous feedback that was left. She confirmed everything with me and asked a lot of questions which I appreciated and the prices she charges, in my opinion are excellent, especially for a silk top unit where the lowest price I have seen is around 700 dollars. @Shell4624 I am always in Aurora, especially at my favorite beauty supply store, Living Color. I need to make a visit there this week:)

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 5:30pm
*waits for pics*

Date Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 9:05pm
excited to see

Posted By: natazz01
Date Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 10:28pm
I'm excited to see.  I am a full time full lace wearer due to severe hair lost and I'm always looking for a excellent vendor.  

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 4:55pm
Im excited for you!!

Posted By: yayatheprincess
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 5:25am
Originally posted by miana79 miana79 wrote:

Im excited for you!!

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 7:51am
Thank you all!  I just needed something better than what I currently have because I ordered from classiclacewigs.com and the unit is nice looking but tangles like no other. Also, the person I ordered my custom wig from said she should have her website up soon so I would be more than glad to provide her info

Posted By: Nitty0102
Date Posted: Feb 16 2014 at 5:29am
Ooh can't wait to see install x

Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 9:23pm
bump

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by MochaBarbieDoll MochaBarbieDoll wrote:

Thank you all!  I just needed something better than what I currently have because I ordered from classiclacewigs.com and the unit is nice looking but tangles like no other. Also, the person I ordered my custom wig from said she should have her website up soon so I would be more than glad to provide her info

oh no dont tell me that.. i just got one from them. what texture did you get? 

also what texture is your custom wig? and will you be applying it with glue/tape or glueless? 

i definitely want to find a good person to do a custom for me… good luck! 

Posted By: lilmsrosie87
Date Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 12:41am
I'm interested to know also. I'm looking into ordering a custom silktop soon.

Posted By: growlonghair
Date Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 5:41pm
Bumpity Bump! Mocha come whisper in my ear who is the vendor? Tongue

Date Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 8:07pm
I am more than glad to provide the vendor, I will pm the info to anyone who request. I just am not sure if I want to post it in here yet, just because of the whole bandwagon thing lol. Also for the people requesting the info, once I post pics of the unit, would it be ok if you guys let this vendor know I referred you so I can get a discount? I am looking to purchase a full silk top for my next wig and I would greatly appreciate it

Posted By: iBetYouhNvNika
Date Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 10:19pm
^   Was expecting pictures.....

why keep me waiting Mocha?

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 12:24am
Originally posted by MochaBarbieDoll MochaBarbieDoll wrote:

I am more than glad to provide the vendor, I will pm the info to anyone who request. I just am not sure if I want to post it in here yet, just because of the whole bandwagon thing lol. Also for the people requesting the info, once I post pics of the unit, would it be ok if you guys let this vendor know I referred you so I can get a discount? I am looking to purchase a full silk top for my next wig and I would greatly appreciate it

could you inbox me the info? pretty please?Hug

Posted By: henrysgirl
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 6:24am
Pls pm me vendor details too.

thx

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 6:38pm
I will have pics up next week because she just messaged me saying she will be sending it out this week. @coconess, I ordered the light yaki texture and it was pretty in the beginning, but it just tangles and sheds too much for my liking which is why I went on the hunt for a vendor. I searched and searched and even posted in here, but was not getting any love, which is all good. My current texture is virgin chinese silky, but I figured if I want a more kinky texture, I could always do the process myself with whatever perm the asians use to make their hair look kinky

Date Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 3:31pm
thanks mocha! 

please be sure to share pics and a detailed review.. 

i want to find someone i can send my own hair to. 

Date Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 7:18pm
I have the wig, I don't know if you guys want me to post pics now or after I tweak it a little. I got it in a natural color so it looks like a 2 or 4 and I was going to go get highlights and low lights in it but I have decided to just dye it black so let me know

Date Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 7:21pm
i want to see!!Big smile

Date Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by trishasinbox trishasinbox wrote:

i want to see!!Big smile

Date Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 9:57pm
yes we want to see
how do you feel about it? 
what density did you request? give lots of details 

Posted By: 1smores
Date Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 11:38pm
I'd love to see too! I may get a custom one too.

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 1:36am
I want to see, we already been waiting girl

Posted By: Shell4624
Date Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by miana79 miana79 wrote:

I want to see, we already been waiting girl

^^^this

Posted By: gaiagaia
Date Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 9:55am
I'm waiting your detailed review....and also vendor's email, if it is possible

Posted By: 4shopiece
Date Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 4:11am
Cant wait to see pics.....

Posted By: charliebrown
Date Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 10:32pm
??

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 2:44am
Originally posted by 4shopiece 4shopiece wrote:

Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

Originally posted by 4shopiece 4shopiece wrote:

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:02pm
Sounds good but I must say ... adding MORE hair to make it look more realistic ... is not correct. 100 .... graduated out to 130 will not look realistoic IMO.

Less hair makes (straight/wavy) units look more realistic.

Most people walking around with their own hair .. have low density heads of hair.

This is key.

Posted By: Phoebe Lee
Date Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 7:38pm
expecting ur pictures:)

Print Page | Close Window