Print Page | Close Window

wtf is wrong with florida ? not for the squeamish?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368344
Printed Date: May 26 2018 at 9:30am

Topic: wtf is wrong with florida ? not for the squeamish?
Posted By: bunzaveli
Subject: wtf is wrong with florida ? not for the squeamish?
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 3:44pm
wtf is wrong with florida ? ive witnessed this happen several times in the past 2 years, im not sure what type of koolaid these idiots are drinking. anyway, woman records and witnesses some idiot driving on the opposite side of the highway. 5 people have died.

Replies:
Posted By: GG
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 3:46pm
People who do this are usually beyond wasted.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 3:50pm
Disapprovewow

Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 3:53pm
Looks like they on a suicide mission

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 3:53pm
yeah, that wasnt gonna end well.

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 3:54pm
Drinking and driving smh. Bunz have they released the name of the driver responsible?

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 3:56pm
I wonder if she called 911 first.

SMH @ that driver. He's dead now anyways but still.Dead

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 3:56pm
Found it.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/wrong-way-crash-kills-five-florida-highway-n258267

Wrong-Way Crash Kills Five on Florida Highway

BY ELISHA FIELDSTADT

Five men were killed when a driver going the wrong way on a highway in central Florida crashed into a car with four passengers early Sunday, officials.

The Ford Expedition — travelling south on a northbound lane of Interstate 275 in North Tampa — burst into flames after striking a Hyundai Sonata head-on, said the Florida Highway Patrol's Sgt. Steve Gaskins.

All four men in the Hyundai and the wrong-way driver died at the scene, according to a Florida Highway Patrol statement.

The driver in the SUV was a male in his early 20s, but his identity has not been determined yet because his body was severely burned, Gaskins said.

The driver of the Hyundai was identified by Florida Highway Patrol as Jobin Joy Kuriakose, 21. The passengers in the car were identified as 22-year-old Ankeet Harshad Patel, 20-year-old Imtiyaz Ilias and 21-year-old Dammie Yesudhas. All four were members of thefraternity Sigma Beta Rho at the University of South Florida.

Kuriakose and Patel, who was sitting behind him, were wearing seatbelts, according to Florida Highway Patrol documents. Yesudhas — who was sitting in the passenger seat — and Ilias were not wearing belts, the documents said.

No other vehicles were affected by the collision, but northbound lanes of I-275 were closed for five hours while the accident investigation was underway.

Investigators do not yet know whether drugs or alcohol were involved, pending toxicology testing, Gaskins said.

Meanwhile on the other side of the country,  http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Four-Dead-After-Wrong-244620001.html" rel="nofollow - six people were killed  and a 21-year-old woman is facing criminal charges after she crashed her car while driving the wrong way on a Los Angeles County freeway while allegedly under the influence early Sunday, Californian authorities said.

Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 3:57pm
Cause only Florida people get drunk and drive on the wrong side of the road? ::reads last paragraph in Orriannas post::

I expect better florida-exclusive fckkry than this on here.

RIP to the lives that were lost due to this idiot.

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Cause only Florida people get drunk and drive on the wrong side of the road? ::reads last paragraph in Orriannas post::

I expect better florida-exclusive fckkry than this on here.

RIP to the lives that were lost due to this idiot.

this.

and I hope the person who recorded the video decided to call the police before she pulled out her camera. otherwise she gets the side eye if her first thought was to record it for the WWW.

Posted By: juicifruit89
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 4:42pm
The same thing happened in California this morning ( http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?id=9425177" rel="nofollow - http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?id=9425177 )... there are few people that I hate more than drunks on the road-- if someone dies or is paralyzed, they should enforce higher, possibly life sentences

Posted By: juicifruit89
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 4:44pm
...meanwhile the idiot that filmed this is driving and being completely inattentive as well...

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by juicifruit89 juicifruit89 wrote:

The same thing happened in California this morning ( http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?id=9425177" rel="nofollow - http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?id=9425177 )... there are few people that I hate more than drunks on the road-- if someone dies or is paralyzed, they should enforce higher, possibly life sentences

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd4k7MNIBYs

Posted By: beebeexx
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 5:05pm
I watched a documentary about a woman who killed her kids and both of her nieces (parents only children) driving drunk on the wrong side of the road. also killed 3 or 4 people in other cars. so sad.

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 5:07pm
CryCryCryCry

We need stiffer sentences for this! The lump of red metal in the front is the Camero. 

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 5:07pm
Im speechless....

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 5:09pm
and just that quickly and easily all those people are dead and gone

Jesus Christ.

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 5:10pm

that video disturbed my soul

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 5:11pm
Smfh, dumbass

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 5:16pm

makes me wanna avoid highways if possible

how do you prepare for something like this?

you're driving down the highway minding your business and within the blink of an eye you're dead and gone

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 5:17pm
that could happen any way and anywhere... 

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 5:19pm
this is not the first time someone has drove the wrong way on 275....All those other cars that passed that truck was so lucky not to get hit

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 5:24pm

technology is a blessing and a curse

I hope I sleep tonight that was very disturbing

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Drive defensively is about all you can do.

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 5:37pm
Put the camera down and call 911.  Granted, they may not respond in time, but at least you don't have to live with the fact that you were recording for entertainment while lives were lost.  So young, so senseless.  RIP  Cry

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 7:18pm
honestly I probably would have been too in shock to have dialed 911

we can't blame her

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Drive defensively is about all you can do.

Yea ur right cc

I can only imagine seeing a car flying towards you in the opposite direction...

It looked like he was wayyyy over the speed limit... probably 80-90mph

how horrible is this

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 8:13pm
^That's my biggest fear.

I've been run off the road due to a distracted driver going the opposite way on a country highway before (I could see him searching around the seat for his cell phone) and once the shock of 'whew, I'm alive!' wears off (like 3 seconds) I just wanted to turn my vehicle around, catch up to him and beat his ass.Stern Smile

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 8:17pm
I saw someone do this on purpose before
She wanted to commit suicide
very heartbreaking

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 8:25pm
why do people film instead of calling the police? maybe someone else did...guess it doesnt matter anyway

rip

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 8:33pm
She may have called the police first. 

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 8:38pm
And people wonder why I'm scared to drive and stay off the highway.

Definitely sticking to back roads.

Posted By: thickblkbarbie
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 8:45pm
Back roads aren't safe either, I was driving home from work, and notice old white lady driving on the wrong side of the road. I called the cops,and another driver notice her too,,He was able to get her to pull over,, I notice she looked very confused!! nobody got hurt..

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 9:16pm

^That's my biggest fear.

I've been run off the road due to a distracted driver going the opposite way on a country highway before (I could see him searching around the seat for his cell phone) and once the shock of 'whew, I'm alive!' wears off (like 3 seconds) I just wanted to turn my vehicle around, catch up to him and beat his ass.Stern Smile

gurl yes

It's so many crazy people on the road

I woulda been mad too, too dangerous

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 9:18pm

we can't blame her

True.  I forget that as a cardiac nurse the first reaction is to act but for most people it is not.  Certainly not blaming her.  It just really sucked to watch that on WSHH.  Hearing her cry at the crash, it sounded like she was going to be messed up is all.  

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 9:21pm
back roads are generally safer than highways

for one the speed limit isn't that high so if you do collide with someone chances of you surviving are much greater

the likelihood of you running head on with someone going 80-90 mph are much much less

anything can happen anywhere yes but it doesn't hurt to take extra precautions

taking a back road won't hurt anyone

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

we can't blame her

True.  I forget that as a cardiac nurse the first reaction is to act but for most people it is not.  Certainly not blaming her.  It just really sucked to watch that on WSHH.  Hearing her cry at the crash, it sounded like she was going to be messed up is all.  

Yep I've been in situations and completely froze, even after practicing several times on what to do in an emergency

I do feel for her, that incident will be hard to forget...

Sad situation all around

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 9:36pm

back roads are generally safer than highways

for one the speed limit isn't that high so if you do collide with someone chances of you surviving are much greater

the likelihood of you running head on with someone going 80-90 mph are much much less

anything can happen anywhere yes but it doesn't hurt to take extra precautions

taking a back road won't hurt anyone

Hmmmm...I will have to disagree with you.  I have driven on the back roads of Indiana and gurl some of these drivers act like they are on the autobahn and stay honking at my ass when I was doing the speed limit.  It could be that I was driving while back but they were usually those obnoxious drivers of Mustangs and other souped up cars.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 9:39pm
the driver of the florida crash died
the driver of the california crashed that killed 6 survived... for now...

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 9:39pm

yea well...everyone's experience wont be the same
i guess it depends on where you are and what kind of road youre on

ive never had issues taking back roads and i do it daily

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 9:43pm
Dem damn cops on the back roads tho. Hiding behind bushes, signs, in parking lots...Angry

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 9:47pm

Dem damn cops on the back roads tho. Hiding behind bushes, signs, in parking lots...Angry

EXACTLY!! gurll you beat me to it!! i was about to come back and post this

i get so scared when i see any kind of parked car on the side of the roadCryCryUnhappy

that's why people drive so slow around hereLOL 

cops dont play when it comes to speeding down here

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 10:00pm
You need to scare straight some of the drivers around here because they don't curr!

Nothing better than driving past a car that sped past you earlier getting pulled over by a state trooper.Evil Smile

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 10:02pm
they have speed cameras on a lot  the side streets here. get a few $50 tickets if you want to but you will learn to slow down soon enough. sometimes much more effective then a cop. meanwhile these cities and townships are adding more because they are getting rich. they tag you for going as little as 7 miles over in some cases, and they love putting them on 35mph streets that are 4 lanes wide and really should be like 50mph.. 
yeah i'm bitterLOL

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 10:23pm

i hate stoplight cameras

it always be the ones you are 100% sure cant have a cameraSleepy

till you see the flashErmm

but speed cameras? where you live guh??!!LOL

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 10:24pm

You need to scare straight some of the drivers around here because they don't curr!

Nothing better than driving past a car that sped past you earlier getting pulled over by a state trooper.Evil Smile

LOL you evil LOL

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 10:29pm

i hate stoplight cameras

it always be the ones you are 100% sure cant have a cameraSleepy

till you see the flashErmm

but speed cameras? where you live guh??!!LOL

girl, don't get caught slipping in maryland or dc. they have the red light cameras too. 
maryland is so crunk with it in the construction zones, they tell you the cameras are there, you can see the camera parked on the side of the road, and people STILL be trying it. i call it highway paparazzi. construction tickets ain't nothing to play with. i slow down. 

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 10:32pm
I think they said you can argue those speed cam tickets if they don't have a picture of you driving. "Someone else was driving your honor I promise!"LOL

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 10:32pm
that's like watching faces of death.  smh.  sad.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 10:33pm
yeah....I hope she called 911 before she started filming also.

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 10:36pm

I think they said you can argue those speed cam tickets if they don't have a picture of you driving. "Someone else was driving your honor I promise!"LOL

they got around that because it's more like a parking ticket in that it doesn't go against your license but your car registration. all they have to prove that it was your car and they suspend your tags if you don't pay. they take pictures with 50 megapixel extra bright and clear camera close up of car and your license plate, and they send you several angles of your car in the mail with the ticket. the red light cameras even take an angle showing the red light and your car in the intersection too. they like "who gone check me boo"? pay up!LOL

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 10:36pm

*puts those places on my do not visit list* lol

i dont run red lights but it's always that one time when you're going like 50mph and out of nowhere the light turns yellow and you have to make that dreaded split second decisionLOL

most of the time i stop but if it's raining or something of that nature...that can be dangerous

and somehow i usually pick the lights with camerasErmm

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 10:54pm
I hope he wakes up in hell.

Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 1:23am
yeah im not a fan of driving or cars...i only drive when i have too...i kno too many people who have died or been injured in car accidents plus im an urbanist that supports public transportation and walkable cities...i stay off the freeway as much as possible

Date Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 1:36am
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

yeah im not a fan of driving or cars...i only drive when i have too...i kno too many people who have died or been injured in car accidents plus im an urbanist that supports public transportation and walkable cities...i stay off the freeway as much as possible

i respect this.

Posted By: csungrl09
Date Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 9:46am
happened in cali last night also. 6 people dead. so so so tragic. 

most of the people involved were residents in my community ]:

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 9:59am
this thread makes me feel kinda bad.. 

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 10:13am
Cry That was terrible...

The worse one I've seen was the one where the SUV hit a Semi and then burst into piecesCry

Posted By: slayfresh
Date Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 5:51pm
this is so sad!

Print Page | Close Window