Print Page | Close Window

Cheddars Restaurant

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368325
Printed Date: Jul 15 2018 at 11:27pm

Topic: Cheddars Restaurant
Posted By: petiteone29
Subject: Cheddars Restaurant
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:08pm
Anyone been? I have heard that the food is really good and every time I drive by the parking lot is always packed out. But the prices on the menu are dirt cheap.Like 9.99 for steak. Even Ruby Tuesdays costs more than that.  Makes me question the quality. And they have $5 drinksSmile

Maybe I'll check them out today.

Replies:
Posted By: Fcgriffin
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:14pm
The people at my job swear Cheddars is the best and yep that parking lot stays full. I need to check it out

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:15pm
For a casual family restaurant, they're better than ruby tuesdays and all that other jazz. The portion sizes are huge and the food actually has flavor in it compared to other places.

The drinks are cheap, huge and full of likka...so I've heard. Stern Smile

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:17pm
I went there a few times. I don't recall the food being any better than any other similar restaurant.

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:20pm
Their food is definitely not great, and I'm no food snob (I'm judging compared to similar restaurants). I never crave them, but I wouldnt turn them down.. if you know what I mean.

Theyre better than Applebees (but who isnt??) but not as good as chilis. I guess it depends what you order, but everyone loves the honey croissant things.

The prices are great, so its worth going to have fun with your friends, but dont expect to be blown away

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:20pm
the $4.50 Texas Margarita damn near the size of a baby's head (and $5.99 monte cristo) is why i venture over there Stern Smile

but recently its turning out to hoodboogers date night go-to joint, valentines day will be packed like a can of sardines LOL

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:23pm
Their salads are perfection y'all.Cry

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:26pm
The one around here closed.

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

the $4.50 Texas Margarita damn near the size of a baby's head (and $5.99 monte cristo) is why i venture over there Stern Smile

but recently its turning out to hoodboogers date night go-to joint, valentines day will be packed like a can of sardines LOL

LOL 

Yeah this girl told me about the drinks. Hope they aren't watered down. I want to try the Pain Killer.

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Their food is definitely not great, and I'm no food snob (I'm judging compared to similar restaurants). I never crave them, but I wouldnt turn them down.. if you know what I mean.

Theyre better than Applebees (but who isnt??) but not as good as chilis. I guess it depends what you order, but everyone loves the honey croissant things.

The prices are great, so its worth going to have fun with your friends, but dont expect to be blown away

I have been to applebees one time in my whole life Dead so I believe you on that one. Yeah I just want to go and have fun with my fam and drink cheap drinks.

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:33pm
Never heard of them

Those drink prices sound good though

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by HeyBeautiful18 HeyBeautiful18 wrote:

Never heard of them

Those drink prices sound good though

Yeah I downloaded a menu and they have a decent variety of food. And the drinks look like a decent size in the pics.

Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

LOL 

Yeah this girl told me about the drinks. Hope they aren't watered down. I want to try the Pain Killer.

Pain killer is really good. Not as strong as I thought it would be

Cheddars is my fav spot for after work/ girls night. If youre watching what u eat their are some cute mini portion desserts for 1$

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:40pm
What is in the pain killer though? The menu says that there is a two drink max per person for the pain killer. So I assumed it was strong. But I'm a lightweight drinker so one might be good for me.

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:48pm
The honey butter biscuits are great

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:54pm
Well if I go I will give y'all a review.LOL

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

The honey butter biscuits are great

I was just about ask how their biscuits tasted. Honey you sayShocked I assumed wrong.

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I went there a few times. I don't recall the food being any better than any other similar restaurant.
this. *shrug*

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 2:40pm
The spicy mango mojito is deliciousssssss...that's the only reason I go. The food is good for the price, it's not the best food I've ever had, but it's decent. Scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 7.5ish...

Posted By: 305bgirl
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 2:54pm
The food is ok. I only go to drink and eat that crab sh#t they have. It's the only good thing. It's cheap tho if you are looking for affordable restaurants for the fam.

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:11pm
chedders is straight. nothing to brag about tbh but the food is good for a cheap price. there are plenty of options to choose from on the menu, so there's something for everybody.

those honey butter croissants, though

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:02pm
It's always packed and it's never good.

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:29pm
That face

Originally posted by fckwitmeuknoigotit fckwitmeuknoigotit wrote:

chedders is straight. nothing to brag about tbh but the food is good for a cheap price. there are plenty of options to choose from on the menu, so there's something for everybody.

those honey butter croissants, though

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:32pm
I didnt know we had cheddars in florida hmmm I'll check it out

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:39pm
dont have one here, but my BHM TX boo posts on FB a lot while there and that makes me want to go. I see that there is one on Jefferson in Newport News, so I will try it when im there for my school reunion this spring.

Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 11:34am
So I went. It was pretty good. Especially for the price. But those drinks were the bomb!! I ordered a frozen sangria margarita. Man that thing was $4 and huge. And they are definitely not stingy with the booze. Only downside is that it was too crowded.  Everybody and their mama and their babies where there at like 10pm. I would go again though maybe for lunch.

Oh yeah and whoever said that it is the date spot for hoodboogers wasn't lying.LOL

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 3:00pm
Better than Ruby Tuesdays and Apple Bees. Not amazing. Big portions. They have croissants you get when you order certain means. They are kinda soggyish they have this honey glaze. They have good alcoholic drinks. Good Salmon, fried catfish good but depends on location. It really depends on the location you go to.

Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

What is in the pain killer though? The menu says that there is a two drink max per person for the pain killer. So I assumed it was strong. But I'm a lightweight drinker so one might be good for me.

I think vodka and pineapple. Not sure what else. Its good.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 5:11pm
never heard of it

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 5:17pm
they are  good we only have 1 in my city so it stays packed...the prices are so cheap and portions are good...I love the broccoli and cheese casserole... the last time I went the food was not up to par like usual

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 5:19pm
Nothing on the left coast....

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 5:35pm
never heard of it

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 7:25pm
cheddars i had in houston. So damn good and cheap. 

Posted By: crzyabthair
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

I agree with this whole post....and their honey croissant rolls are heaven!

Posted By: TayTay
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 8:26pm
those honey croissants and the spinach dip will make me drop what im doing just to get them lol.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 10:47pm
i tried googling the recipe for the honey butter croissant, but didnt see any with feedback saying that itwas tried and true.

is the honey baked into the croissant or is it brushed on with butter like a glaze on the hot croissant?

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 10:50pm

i like cheddars

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Feb 09 2014 at 10:52pm
The closest one is like 50 miles away and the reviews was mixed.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 12:03am
I like the atmosphere and drinks.

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 12:14am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

never heard of it

Print Page | Close Window