Print Page | Close Window

Take out your weaves

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368282
Printed Date: Jan 21 2018 at 11:12pm

Topic: Take out your weaves
Posted By: chris215af
Subject: Take out your weaves
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 1:16am
Black women should be natural show their beauty. American culture has stigmatized the African American women making them feel sub conscious about their own beauty. Black women should show their nature beauty be proud and not conform to societies norms.
Black women need to stand up for yourselves.

Replies:
Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 1:24am
Originally posted by chris215af chris215af wrote:

Black women should be natural show their beauty. American culture has stigmatized the African American women making them feel sub conscious about their own beauty. Black women should show their nature beauty be proud and not conform to societies norms.
do you even go here?

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 1:32am

Don't tell me what to do.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 1:32am
Take out your penis first.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 1:39am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

do you even go here?

I don't think they go here.

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 1:52am

stfu you dipsh!t. how you gon roll up here wit 12 posts and think you have the right to speak amongst us as to what to do wit our hair. get outta here bich, we dont want you. now take yer wandering ass back to ttt jr

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 1:53am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Take out your penis first.
Stern Smile

Anyway, I can see that the weave wars are what will get BHM shutdown. Let hairmageddon begin.

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:01am
Um LoL @ people being offended by the very idea...

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:01am
People aren't offended by the idea though

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:02am
Yep, this is it.

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:08am
I'm not really bothered by what OP said, but I am really bothered as to why the FUCC he/she/it is here in TTT when it prolly joined Bhm 5 minutes ago

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:09am
Hmmm...

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:24am
let's be natural and show our own beauty then spend  pages nitpicking, pointing out what's wrong and shading people who show their natural hair...mmmkay. yeah, not here for these topics and wish washy bishes.

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:49am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

*looks at post count*

LOLLOLLOLLOL

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:58am

How about we love and accept all forms of black beauty instead of limiting black beauty to a specific image?

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 4:11am
Oh yeah, I understand you!!

yeah-uh-huh-riiiight
Can someone Please show this negro the door. Stern Smile

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 4:45am
This is why I love new people!!!!
We can have fun again!!!
Lol Gtfo

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 4:55am

do you even go here?
LOLLOLCry

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:36am
What the OP said wasn't bad, but I was like when can 1 stars post or even make threads....

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:45am
LOL

Posted By: el_bandido
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 10:22am

do you even go here?
guess you cant sit with us opLOL

Posted By: whitrhymes
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

How about we love and accept all forms of black beauty instead of limiting black beauty to a specific image?

THIS!!

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 10:37am
LOLLOLLOL  It's like all of ya'll came in here with machetes and sh!t.  Slicing the dude up in little pieces.....

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Ds2nice Ds2nice wrote:

LOLLOLLOL  It's like all of ya'll came in here with machetes and sh!t.  Slicing the dude up in little pieces.....

It's like this LOL

Posted By: Majesty02
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 11:14am
Why de ras clot the world so overly obsessed with what Black women do with OUR hair?? Get a f..kin life. People are way too focused on matters that don't concern them. No one cares what other races of women do with their hair and their bodies

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 11:15am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Um LoL @ people being offended by the very idea...

Clap

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 11:24am
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

Originally posted by Ds2nice Ds2nice wrote:

It's like this LOL

LOL

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 11:25am

I thought the below was what this thread was going to be about....somebody posted this on facebook

 @ http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=SapphireStonez" rel="nofollow - SapphireStonez : EVERY Black female should take their weave out for # http://twitter.com/search?had_popular=true&q=BlackHistoryMonth" rel="nofollow - BlackHistoryMonth . Get in touch with your roots!”

http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=iTouched_Cloud" rel="nofollow - http://inagist.com/all/431201152844451840/#" rel="nofollow -

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 1:29pm

America has not stigmatized the AA woman making them feel subconcious about their own beauty. Your family did that to you. Duh! If you don't feel good about yourself that's not society's fault.

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

America has not stigmatized the AA woman making them feel subconcious about their own beauty. Your family did that to you. Duh! If you don't feel good about yourself that's not society's fault.

Yea that is a lie. 

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 1:36pm
Get these *&%^$#@Ein people outta here!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: beebeexx
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:25pm
subconscious

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 3:22pm
Meh....... Op doesn't bother me.

Y'all are so mean to newbies sheesh!! 

and becky kills me with those "DUH's"LOL

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 4:08pm
HAHA...

good try OP... 
but first off your a male (Im assuming)... so thats strike one in the eyes of BHM.. imo
secondly your giving a command ... most people hate to be told what to do.
thirdly... your post count is too low and it comes off ass spam + ... you haven't built any relationships here ...

so on the surface your a Male, trying to be authoritative (no matter how well intentioned your message is) and your new here.

good try

with that said.. I agree ..LOL ... but like Michelle Obama telling people and their children to get healthy... or Obama forcing a mandate for healthcare every body won't always agree.

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

HAHA...

good try OP... 
but first off your a male (Im assuming)... so thats strike one in the eyes of BHM.. imo
secondly your giving a command ... most people hate to be told what to do.
thirdly... your post count is too low and it comes off ass spam + ... you haven't built any relationships here ...

so on the surface your a Male, trying to be authoritative (no matter how well intentioned your message is) and your new here.

good try

with that said.. I agree ..LOL ... but like Michelle Obama telling people and their children to get healthy... or Obama forcing a mandate for healthcare every body won't always agree.

Have you ever dated a dark skinned woman with 4c hair before? I'm just conducting researchGeek

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 4:17pm
my longest relationships where with dark skin girls with that extra coiley hair.
I just got lucky.. They were the type that went natural and never looked back..

I will try to find a pick of one cause I was with her through the whole transitioning process...

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 4:21pm

my longest relationships where with dark skin girls with that extra coiley hair.

I will try to find a pick of one cause I was with her through the whole transitioning process...

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 4:36pm
(formerly a picture of girl with nice 4C natural curls)

it got way more bigger and fluffier than this
And she manage to complement it with a small amount of make up.

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 4:38pm
*drools her hair is sexy. Tongue

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 5:14pm

I heard that! I love a dark chocolate cute woman! No shade to my yellow sista's but sometimes the mo chocolatier the better!

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 5:17pm
you feel you got lucky because they went natural? 

you dont care for women with weaves/relaxers? 

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 5:59pm
a new member with 62pts....*rolls rochester eyes*

now these newbies will be reposting topics that us mature folks already have posted a billion times...

this don't sound like *FRESH NEW MATERIAL* to me. meaning the OP, not the subject

where is that thread that read WHO LEFT THE GATES OPEN??? or something like that...lol

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Yea, you will not shame oodles for this one. No ma'am. I wear weaves and I see no problem with what he said. Do you boooo @ oodles.

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

I heard that! I love a dark chocolate cute woman! No shade to my yellow sista's but sometimes the mo chocolatier the better!

Man, I was with you for a while. But you will forever get the permanent side eye from me from now onLOL
Was that girl you stayed with but didn't wife up a chocolate womanGeek

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:06pm

do you even go here?
[ak]guuuuuuurrrrrl[/ak]

!!!

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:11pm

Damn. I like them naps.

Reminds me of my hair. You know what she was using product wise or…

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:12pm

do you even go here? [/QUOTE]
This made me laugh my ass off. I choked for real on my fruit snack.

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Yea, you will not shame oodles for this one. No ma'am. I wear weaves and I see no problem with what he said. Do you boooo @ oodles.

nobody is 'shaming' i simply asked 2 questions. 
bye 

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:26pm
Why do you get so defensive all the time. Geez chillSleepy

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:32pm

I have my silent preferences just like most women do for men.
i don't really harp on them though

I just felt like I landed a solid woman.. kinda like Keri Hilson felt when she landed black tall rich Ibaka before he dumped her.. sorta thing.

And no... I don't really care for women with weaves and relaxers... but its not a deal breaker.

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:37pm

Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Yea that is a lie. 

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:42pm
Stern Smile
f8.. you said i was shaming him (which you would not allow...) because i asked 2 questions.. 

idk if you were joking or what but im oh so used to people on here making it like im starting something or just making ish into somethin its not.... so i simply cleared that up before it turned into something... by telling you that no one is shaming him, bye. i dont think that was anymore defensive than you were. 

my goodness... 

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:42pm

I have my silent preferences just like most women do for men.
i don't really harp on them though

I just felt like I landed a solid woman.. kinda like Keri Hilson felt when she landed black tall rich big dack havin' Ibaka before he dumped her.. sorta thing.

And no... I don't really care for women with weaves and relaxers... but its not a deal breaker.
Fixeded!LOL

*Ain't Sh!t stirrer post* I've had Black men play in my naps...and then ask for tips to grow it out. They didn't really do it with my relaxed hurr. Take it how you want.Evil Smile

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:44pm
@oodles, okay. i get it. 

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:45pm
These strong country blacks love my naps.
I get positive vibes from black men often.

I had a guy my age stop me at publix when I got off and said wow how is your hair like that.Whatever you did it's fire.

I did a blow out.
It was nice

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:46pm

Stern Smile
f8.. you said i was shaming him (which you would not allow...) because i asked 2 questions.. 

idk if you were joking or what but im oh so used to people on here making it like im starting something or just making ish into somethin its not.... so i simply cleared that up before it turned into something... by telling you that no one is shaming him, bye. i dont think that was anymore defensive than you were. 

my goodness... 

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:17pm
LOL

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Damn. I like them naps.

I wish I knew so I could tell you.
I'll try an find out for you if I can.
We're still friends 

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 10:17pm

We're still friends 
focus on moisture retention and detangling

aaah, you're a gent for even considering. thank you.

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 10:29pm
okLOL

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 10:34pm

Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Damn. I like them naps.

We're still friends 
And ya'll better stay friends....Ermm

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 10:57pm

Why do you get so defensive all the time. Geez chillSleepy
you didnt expect her to get defensive after what you insinuated?

funny

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 2:38am

Stern Smile

my goodness... 

LOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:06am
I don't know if it's just me, but as an unbiased party i've been noticing the most being done over everything coco says...it's just been kinda weird and cultish...im getting a pitch fork vibe.  what's really going on here?

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:07am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I don't know if it's just me, but as an unbiased party i've been noticing the most being done over everything coco says...it's just been kinda weird and cultish...im getting a pitch fork vibe.  what's really going on here?
nope you arent the only one

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:09am
ok, good...Geek

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:19am
I've noticed it too. Even in the ambien thread, a few ppl seemed fake-nice...smiling in her ace, but ready to throw shade in a heartbeat. I didn't mention anything because I was unsure of how they've interacted w/coco previously...but yeah, I get the same vibe.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:49am
Did anyone else notice how peaceful the forum  was after a green front left? And ever since its dreadful return, a lot of e-fights have been occurring? Something aint right....lol maybe it's just me?

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:50am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Did anyone else notice how peaceful the forum  was after a green front left? And ever since its dreadful return, a lot of e-fights have been occurring? Something aint right....lol maybe it's just me?
Hater.

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:52am
This thread is going to blow the hell up in 3... 2... 1...

Posted By: Meme0887
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:52am
Ha!

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:53am
*shrugs* 

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:58am

Posted By: ivy07
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:00am
I'll continue to wear my weave Big smile

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:07am
It's just you, BB.

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:15am

LOL! Hush, you!LOL

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:19am
mixer, im sick of your front lol

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:20am
It's ok, I'm sure juice will cool you down, unless someone stole it again.

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:21am
font* 

:(

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:27am

LOL! Hush, you!LOL
i just realised thats cherry's gif work

Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:31am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

These strong country blacks love my naps.
I get positive vibes from black men often.

I had a guy my age stop me at publix when I got off and said wow how is your hair like that.Whatever you did it's fire.

I did a blow out.
It was nice
Shocked I miss publix Cry my favorite supermarket...their coleslaw be the bomb too!!

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:32am

Green font? who are you speaking of? F8?? She's the only one I remember using green font recently?

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:33am
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Green font? who are you speaking of? F8?? She's the only one I remember using green font recently?
Yep, she's talking about her.

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:42am
oh...

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:45am
I love bugging her. See y'all later. Good night.

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:46am
Thanks for answering for me, mixer lol thanks a lot

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:46am
You're welcome, cat lady. Good night.

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:50am

Embarrassedlol it sure is afro...that gif made the rounds on tumblr I think
I saw that freudian slip cherries...LOL

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:53am
i missed that what was it?!

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:55am

i missed that what was it?!
lol it sure us afro...that gif made the rounds on tumblr I think

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 5:02am

I'm on my phone and the keyboard is a pain...limme aloneDisapprove
surrrrrrrreee....cherries....yes that's what it is...Big smile

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 5:13am

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 6:09am
mmmhmmm Cherry...mmmhhmmm gyal.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=BdEQVd3ok4Fa7M&tbnid=y2x_ghqSdUDaPM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Finsidethemisfits.tumblr.com%2F&ei=YR72UoG7KJLNsQT5noCAAg&psig=AFQjCNFRRqzNiIVJp5Gpfgx6NdVYqTpLmg&ust=1391947605926773" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 7:55am

omg yesss

i have noticed too.. ive gotten a few pms but im glad yall commented so i know im not completely extra craze 

i mean i know im a little craze but they have been doing thee utmost. 
then everyone gathers around with their lil comments and cosigns and passive aggression that they've been sitting on forever waiting to let out. 

its whatev though. see if it stops me from being me Cool

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 8:12am

Not really.

I think the incidents are just closer together so they're more noticible. But *shrug* -- perception.

Posted By: browneyez4548
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 8:51am
LOL yeah I notice the weird responses with coco as well. How do you all expect to talk to her any kind of way, but when she responds she's "doing the most"? LOL

eta:

That interaction with f8 was sad and funny at the same time though LOL

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 8:57am

omg yesss

i have noticed too.. ive gotten a few pms but im glad yall commented so i know im not completely extra craze 

i mean i know im a little craze but they have been doing thee utmost. 
then everyone gathers around with their lil comments and cosigns and passive aggression that they've been sitting on forever waiting to let out. 

its whatev though. see if it stops me from being me Cool

lol f8 used to start arguments with tokyo for no reason as well

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 9:48am
lol, I remember awhile ago F8 hit me with the "bish you think you know everything, your confidence is annoying". I wasn't even talking to her ass, she came out of nowhere with that -_____-

I can understand if that came from someone that I was going back and forth with lol. Or if I came out of left field with a member (which I know I'm guilty off lol) and someone else said something about it. 

But one thing I realized is that some people on the Web are like them ghosts from Super Mario. Willing to antagonize the hell out of you when you least expect it but when you turn around and confront them, them bastids float away in the opposite direction. 

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 10:03am
I go half the month weave, half natural styles. Except the past month I had mini twists. Then I wore crochet braids with kanekalon hair (too much shedding). Now I'm doing bantuband twistbouts over the next month. After that jumbo Senegalese twists for a month. Then partial sew in with some 4a looking hair that I haven't discovered yet.

We are women. We change our hair with the wind. As long as we take care of our hair, and aren't ashamed of how it grows out of our scalp, I see no problem.

And y'all b going in on coco.

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 10:08am
Cokes is good...she's just opinionated & head strong, not bad qualities to have, but it can rub people the wrong way if they don't understand her persona. But I get her & like her.

Don't really pay green font aka f8 too much attention to realize what she's about.

Print Page | Close Window