Print Page | Close Window

So Black Women Cant Grow Hair Now?!

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368279
Printed Date: Sep 23 2017 at 3:50pm

Topic: So Black Women Cant Grow Hair Now?!
Posted By: kilaniboo
Subject: So Black Women Cant Grow Hair Now?!
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:58pm
Soo this week for some reason both Gabrielle Union & Nicki Minaj felt the need to "show-off" their real hair....

http://web.stagram.com/n/nickiminaj/" rel="nofollow - nickiminaj  No perm. No extensions.    7h

http://web.stagram.com/n/gabunion/" rel="nofollow - gabunion  Ladies... You can achieve hair growth... With a weave! This is allllll mine, no clips, no extensions, hadn't even been pressed...And it got this healthy thick legnth from responsibly wearing weaves.  http://web.stagram.com/tag/weaveandflowletitgrow/" rel="nofollow - #weaveandflowletitgrow     1d

Gab, tell us something that we dont know. Women have been using weaves as protective styles for years. And as for Nicki, I appreciate the pic but tbh you need a serious trim. What irks me about these posts is the assumption that black women can't seem to grow hair past their shoulders and when they do its some huge accomplishment. Did I miss some memo? As long as you take care of your hair, no matter what texture, it will grow. And they dont even seem to be bra-strap length. When you get hair as long as longhairdontcare2011 (Domin, i think?) then I'll be impressed. Okay Im done ranting. And no, Im not hating on their growth neither am I some bitter, bald b*tch. More than likely, Im doing the most lol. and dont stone me, it's my first topic in tttEmbarrassed

Replies:
Posted By: morenaloca
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 10:04pm
I've always thought Nicki would be bald headed. Good for her :)
Gabi has always irked me. She's ugly to me and just comes off like she would be a bitch in real life.

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 10:04pm
I love Gabby, but she trippin.

Any hair is good hair, but hers doesn't look so great that all that was necessary.

Beautiful clear skin tho!

Posted By: Star007
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 10:05pm
I love Gabby <3 <3 <3 but she needs a SERIOUS trim. and you don't need weave in order for your hair to grow.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 10:07pm
lol@ gabby… 'ALLLL' that hair needs a trim? its real thin on the ends. 
i can't believe she said all that.. 

nicki didnt do the most like gabby so ill say nothing but she looks great 
well.. there is nothing i could say about nicki. her hair looks good 

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 10:11pm
Gabby doesnt have a press? Is it a blow out then?

Nicki looks so good like that, smh.

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 10:13pm
1. Gabbys hair looks a little rough, like maybe heat damage or needs more moisture. Let us not lie, outside of this site how many ppl think because you wear weave you must be bald headed

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 10:15pm
I rather take relationship advice than hair advice from gabby. And nicki, not surprised, with all those bulky wigs she was wearing, she must have been doing deep conditioning treatments under them.

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

I rather take relationship advice than hair advice from gabby. And nicki, not surprised, with all those bulky wigs she was wearing, she must have been doing deep conditioning treatments under them.

Dead

Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

1. Gabbys hair looks a little rough, like maybe heat damage or needs more moisture. Let us not lie, outside of this site how many ppl think because you wear weave you must be bald headed

i really don't think people believe this like they used to… 

everyone wears it now.. 

even like Waist length ppl (LB)..

i remember telling a friend years ago that my hair was past apl and she was all surprised… i was like, did you think it didnt grow under there..? (she mixed, long thick curly hair.. and was a 'hair snob') she stopped with her little comments (unless she could visibly see the person was bald headed) 

now she feels completely different about weave. 

Posted By: Miss B
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 10:33pm

Nicki's hair looks cute. I'm somewhat surprised she has healthy edges. I don't see that with most LF wearers.

Posted By: KottonKandy
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 10:48pm
I'm on my phone, so I can't really tell, but her hair looks fvcked up from what I gathered.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 11:06pm
*Nicki is sexy as hell. gorgeous
*Gabby's hair used to be longer than that...hmm

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 11:08pm
Nicki looks non-clown like w/normal looking make up and hair. Shocked

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

Nikki needs a trim too IMO and wtf is up w/people doing this? For what? photo f0ea5f7a8f6c11e393e3122a6eaa0995_8_zpsb39aa7fd.jpg
 photo zneEWva_zpscd155769.jpg

It's a way to show off your "white girl" length.

Posted By: JeriMK55
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 11:15pm
Right where Niki is holding her ends is where she needs to trim....but i like the "natural" look on Nicki tho

Posted By: 305bgirl
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 11:33pm
I don't see what Gabby is proud ofConfused She needs to keep hiding that sh*t with those weaves and come correct next time.

Nicki looks so beautiful in those.

Posted By: whitrhymes
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 11:37pm
Why's her nipples showing?

Posted By: demilee27
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 1:03am
I think the message was for the women tht slap on a weave and dont take care of their hair underneath, or for the women that think just because you wear a weave your damn near bald.

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 1:26am
You would be surprised outside of the world of BHM how many women think that their hair will not grow and do all sorts of things to destroy their hair.  My sister always slaps on wigs and her idea of managing her hair is to run the pressing comb through it.  When she was going to a hair stylist, her hair was down to her shoulders.  Not so much anymore.  My new coworker actually said my hair was "long."  I don't know exactly how long it is, but her hair is natural and neck length.  We are used to seeing women like Domin and Leobody around these parts because that's what this forum attracts. 

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 1:31am
Their hair looks like shyt..... tho.....like you have too much money to keep skipping dc's and trims.....

Posted By: Up&Out39
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 1:35am
although nicki looks pretty, her hair looks thin. I guess my preference is thick thick hair. so i "meh'd" at it. Nothing to show off imo

eta: I see thickness as a sign of health in hair, not length

still pretty though

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 1:54am
I know what you mean because when I did wear weaves people would be shocked when they saw my hair. One girl even told me I have all that pretty hair and didn't appreciate it because I wore weaves (it was relaxed though so...?).

But you have to be practical though. When an entire race of women pretty much relies on weaves or don't ever seem to have that much hair due to relaxers, people gon think something's up. And tbh, I'm not really impressed with either of their hair. Nicki's is long but thin, and Gabby's is thick but shabby and in need of a trim and not really all that long to be taking a picture of.

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:04am
gabby aint even workin with nothin. the majority of black girls i know already have her length w/out doing anything special. When she gets past shoulder length then i'll give her a round of applause. And please noone tell me that she is past shoulder length in that picture because I can tell she is tilting her head back to create the illusion of length

Posted By: leftywefty
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:11am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I know what you mean because when I did wear weaves people would be shocked when they saw my hair. One girl even told me I have all that pretty hair and didn't appreciate it because I wore weaves (it was relaxed though so...?).

But you have to be practical though. When an entire race of women pretty much relies on weaves or don't ever seem to have that much hair due to relaxers, people gon think something's up. And tbh, I'm not really impressed with either of their hair. Nicki's is long but thin, and Gabby's is thick but shabby and in need of a trim and not really all that long to be taking a picture of.

bingo.

nicki is gorgeous. too bad she's a ghetto hood booger

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:21am
Nicki has nice hair, I'm surprised she doesn't have ripped out edges.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:53am
GU said too much way too soonLOL

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 7:55am
gab is tilting her head back

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 8:06am
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

and scrunching up her shoulders… 
immediately saw that. 

but i don't think thick is a sign of health.. some people just have naturally thin hair 

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 8:27am
Hmmm lemme go cry in the corner on behalf of us ladies with naturally fine strands and/or low density hair

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 8:50am
Well Gab and Sanaa are best friend. I see they have the same views on their hair.

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 9:34am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

You would be surprised outside of the world of BHM how many women think that their hair will not grow and do all sorts of things to destroy their hair.  My sister always slaps on wigs and her idea of managing her hair is to run the pressing comb through it.  When she was going to a hair stylist, her hair was down to her shoulders.  Not so much anymore.  My new coworker actually said my hair was "long."  I don't know exactly how long it is, but her hair is natural and neck length.  We are used to seeing women like Domin and Leobody around these parts because that's what this forum attracts. 

True, when I first started with wigs, I did stop caring for my hair. Then I found bhm and other sites. When I got my hair back growing long, I though everyone outside the Internet knew about better hair practices. I was young though lol. But I do think more people are aware now than some years ago.

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 12:04pm

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 12:55pm
Okay Gabby its not pressed but its damaged as fock from that blow dry. It looks so dry and brittle at the ends. And you can achieve healthy long hair without weave. Nice though, and Nice hair Nicki

Posted By: browneyez4548
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:04pm
Nicki and the member PR are the same fuking person #convinced

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by browneyez4548 browneyez4548 wrote:

They don't look anything alike. 

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:18pm
Geek

Posted By: browneyez4548
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

You don't see it? at all? LOL When Nicki is all dolled up. Not so much. But in her "candid" pics....that's Prena imo

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:49pm

You don't see it? at all? LOL When Nicki is all dolled up. Not so much. But in her "candid" pics....that's Prena imo

huh? Girl not reallyLOL

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:53pm
at first i was like.. prnena..? nah... 

but nicki looks different in these pics.. i can see a small resemblance 

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:53pm
Niki hair is thin for being natural

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 2:59pm

they look alike in the pics of nicki that were posted but in general they dont. I thought I was the only one who thought nicki favored PR in these pics. I think it's because of the pose pluse the eye makeup though since PR does her eyeliner like that.

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 3:24pm
Thats all the hair that Gabby has after all these years of protective styling?

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Up&Out39 Up&Out39 wrote:

although nicki looks pretty, her hair looks thin. I guess my preference is thick thick hair. so i "meh'd" at it. Nothing to show off imo

she's a coolieLOL...i suspect her hair is not naturally thick. her hair looks fine to me, medium density at the least. doesnt look chewed. i never thought she was bald-headed, not sure she's 'showing off'...

as for Gabby...i dont see what she said of did thats this most?Confused

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

immediately saw that. 

but i don't think thick is a sign of health.. some people just have naturally thin hair 

IA...

i think the natural/balckhairhealth world has kinda pushed us into thinking that all healthy hair must be mega thick hair

as far as i know, based on pre-plasticky pics, Nikki's hair is fine-medium

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

bingo.

nicki is gorgeous. too bad she's a ghetto hood booger

Im really not capin, i swearLOL..but arent there tonnes of look- at- my- hair pics on BHM with women of similar lengths and thickness//thinness....
why are they beyotches for showing off their's?

i thought we were supposed to be kumbaya'in and celebration of our hair

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 5:50pm
No love for low density naturals

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 5:55pm
Maybe it is the longest their hair has ever been.. Gabby did say too much because her hair isn't that long according to BHM standards because as it was said before..we've seen black women achieve longer lengths. 

Gabby needs a trim and it looks broke off on the sides. At least Sanaa's hair looked good and healthy. Nicki's hair is really long...she has fine hair like me. 

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:01pm
I'd love to see nicki with her hair loose, wild & coily.

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Im really not capin, i swearLOL..but arent there tonnes of look- at- my- hair pics on BHM with women of similar lengths and thickness//thinness....

theres a difference between the pics on here, "look at my progress" 

and gabby who is literally like "this is ALLLL my hair.. no clips, extensions, nothin! protective styling with weaves does work! its not even flat ironed!" when shes only like shoulder length and her hair doesnt look very healthy.. 
one is for support.. the other is, 'yea look at my hair, its greatness' shes being cocky.. 

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:10pm
i have fine hair too.. 

sometimes it just be like that Ouch

Posted By: KFORKARESS
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 11:07pm
Nicki hair is cool, but Mrs. Union..Nah.

Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 11:12pm
has anyone gone to Gabby's instagram yet and let her know that her hair isn't anything spectacular?

Posted By: KFORKARESS
Date Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 11:39pm
I was going to but ..nah.

Posted By: dijah.love
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 12:36am
The fascination with the fact that our scalps function is beyond me. lol

They both need to trim an inch or two.

I'd love to see their natural hair in its natural state.

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:15am

immediately saw that. 

And some people are naturally bald headed.

And some people are naturally ugly.

Question

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:18am
nvm I'm not speaking to her.

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:19am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

No love for low density naturals

Ain't nothin natural about those pics.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 6:56am
Wasn't referring to the pics but a post ...

Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 7:24am
nicki actually looks really cute n natural
she def needs a trim... she has fine hair not thin hair (nothing wrong with that)
VCIdeH7.jpgzF1ISPD.jpg

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 12:27pm

and gabby who is literally like "this is ALLLL my hair.. no clips, extensions, nothin! protective styling with weaves does work! its not even flat ironed!" when shes only like shoulder length and her hair doesnt look very healthy.. 
one is for support.. the other is, 'yea look at my hair, its greatness' shes being cocky.. 

i dont see how. Maybe this is the best her hair has ever been and she is happy/proud 

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 12:39pm
I don't see the problem lol

Posted By: LilMissSunshine
Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 12:53pm
Nicki is gorgeous...'tis all.

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Wasn't referring to the pics but a post ...

Well excuse the f*ck outta me.

Date Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 11:23pm

i dont see how. Maybe this is the best her hair has ever been and she is happy/proud 

she posted hair pix in 2012/2013 and it was much longer than this...its like her hair is a lot shorter now.

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 7:15pm
She has nice skin

*choosing to ignore everything else*

Posted By: Mz. Mocha
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 7:34pm
Her hair is thin. That is all

Posted By: slayfresh
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 7:49pm
her hair is soaking wet in all of these photos I don't think it's thin.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 7:54pm
being natural i was expecting something a bit more curly and pretty when wet.

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 7:55pm
Nice perm

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 7:57pm
her hair looks relaxed.

Posted By: BaileyAlexandria
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 8:03pm
When I first saw this a few weeks ago, I meaaann....my natural hair is longer than the both of them so **kanye shrug** no need for a big announcement. there are a few seats left in the church. have them.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 9:41pm
poor lil tink tink

She should stop the relaxer. Her hair would be so much thicker/healthier looking

Print Page | Close Window