Print Page | Close Window

Who are generally more attractive? Men or women?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368196
Printed Date: Dec 10 2018 at 10:31am

Topic: Who are generally more attractive? Men or women?
Posted By: liesnalibis
Subject: Who are generally more attractive? Men or women?
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 4:40pm
Geek

Replies:
Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 4:42pm
To who? Men are more attractive to me because I'm attracted to men. Geek Strange topic.

Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 4:43pm
Well that's an easy answer, but not an objective one.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 4:51pm
well that made me think but i cant really formulate an answer.  let me think about it a little more.

what made you think of that?

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 4:55pm
i always thought that was some weird shyt. Like, how do you compare the aesthetics of nales vs female?
That like asking someone if airplanes look better than sports cars?
Like, how tf do i even answer that? Confused

Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

well that made me think but i cant really formulate an answer.  let me think about it a little more.

what made you think of that?

My brother was telling me a story the other night about some pretty boy from his high school. He came onto the field 20 minutes after the rest of the team and the coach yelled at him saying you spent 20 f*cking minutes in the locker room trying to get pretty. I said but how can a man make himself pretty? Men don't really wear earrings or get s curls or wear waves like they used to. Adornments are the realm of women. With a man it's what you see is what you get, pretty much.

Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

i always thought that was some weird shyt. Like, how do you compare the aesthetics of nales vs female?

Simple. The average man is a _/10 and the average woman is a _/10. Which is higher?

Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 4:57pm
I remember once my friend said "Ain't no boy too cute for no girl."

Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I remember once my friend said "Ain't no boy too cute for no girl."

she lied........
and men are...

Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 5:02pm

Simple. The average man is a _/10 and the average woman is a _/10. Which is higher?

does not compute.
because i'd say the avg man is a 5/10. avg woman is 5/10.
then the question would be "whats a 5?" "whats a 10?"
Your 5 may be another man/woman's 10
Its not possible to determine between sexes imo

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 5:03pm
see the thing is that a large number of women do thing that they think make them attractive but actually just makes them look like drag queens.  when a guy is attractive generally there wasnt a lot of work that went into it.

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 5:05pm
WoMen are BEAUTIFUL to me, but men have more attractive privates in MY opinion.

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 5:06pm

see the thing is that a large number of women do thing that they think make them attractive but actually just makes them look like drag queens.  when a guy is attractive generally there wasnt a lot of work that went into it.

Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 5:07pm

our society has ruined us by molding our minds around an enhanced beauty vs a natural beauty. Im quite certain that if male attractiveness held an equally important role in our society as a woman's (i.e. men need to wear make up, dress to enhance their shoulders/legs etc) then a "natural" looking man wouldnt be "as" attractive as a made up one either.

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 5:30pm
Shady I love you for bringing 'privates' into the discussionLOLCryLOLHeart

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 5:44pm
Women men are ugly and hard to look at.

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Shady I love you for bringing 'privates' into the discussionLOLCryLOLHeart

Thank you, thank you. I do what I can.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 6:15pm
Women are more enjoyable to look at because we have more choices when it comes to fashion, cosmetics, and hair.

In terms of attraction, I'm a firm believer that there's someone for everyone so I think men and women are equally attractive on average.

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 7:04pm
i remember way back when my friend said females are so attractive cause we have the curves that are so beautiful and our body is built fantastically.....well something like that...can't remember word for  word she said..

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 7:10pm
Women are just more pleasing to the eye to me. It's rare for me to find a man in irl that is extremely attractive. I see more attractive women than men.

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 7:12pm
I think people are beautiful! I think I notice women first more often maybe because I am a woman?

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 7:17pm
I see more beautiful, cute, sexy, attractive, fine women then I see handsome, cute, sexy, attractive, fine men.

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 7:31pm
Iono. I love men. And I loooooooooove being a woman. We are so sexy and diverse. We have so many options when it comes to how we look. Being a man seems boring sometimes. Even a metrosexual man has limits on how much he can do beauty wise. But I like rugged manly men so comparing men to women is like apple and oranges for me.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

I see more beautiful, cute, sexy, attractive, fine women then I see handsome, cute, sexy, attractive, fine men.

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 8:55pm
There are more attractive women in general because more women groom and place importance in being good looking. Not enough men do that. There are some men who just WAKE UP LIKE THIS, but others who just look like they dont give a .

Men can do things for their looks. they may not put on makeup and weave, but they sure can exfoliate and moisturize their skin so they dont be walking around looking rugged and dusty, they can wear nice cologne so they smell sexy. they can take care of their bodies so they stay sexy. get regular cuts or maintain them dreads so they look fresh. Stay fly by getting the newest clothes and shoes.  The guys who DO all that look good. The guys who dont are bringing the rest of the male population down in terms of attractiveness

Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 9:09pm
It's all equal at the essence. U got some brothas who don't take care of themselves, not keeping the beard in shape, not putting on lotion and looking ashy, no lip balm for crusty lips, etc. But then u also have some women who really don't know how to maximize their looks with all the beauty products yall got. Some chicks should really keep it simple and not even wear all the make-up and extravagant weaves some rocking out here.

But like someone said u really can't compare the two cause they complement each other. Of course the bisexuals on here gonna go with the ladies cause yall undercover lesbos anyways.

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 9:13pm
I'm an artist so I think most people are aesthetically pleasing in one way or another.  Women have hair, makeup, clothing and other adornments that are interesting to look at.  The male form is just naturally impressive without all the extra-ness though.  When I was in figure drawing classes, I likes drawing the men better because muscles are awesome.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 9:18pm

women...

Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by mangachan mangachan wrote:

I'm an artist so I think most people are aesthetically pleasing in one way or another.  Women have hair, makeup, clothing and other adornments that are interesting to look at.  The male form is just naturally impressive without all the extra-ness though.  When I was in figure drawing classes, I likes drawing the men better because muscles are awesome.
*flexes*

Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 9:45pm
I'm not particularly for either team, but those who say women, would they still me more attractive without the pushups and pull-ins, weaves, relaxers, and colors, and makeup and jewelry?

Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 9:46pm
yes...

Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

yes...

Interesting...

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 10:09pm

I'm not particularly for either team, but those who say women, would they still me more attractive without the pushups and pull-ins, weaves, relaxers, and colors, and makeup and jewelry?

Most people don't really know what human beings, particularly women, are supposed to look like.  That's why without all of these "enhancements" we are so judgmental against each other and ourselves.

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 11:08pm
women

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 12:23am
i think women are...honest opinion

Posted By: juicifruit89
Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 6:42am
I think women are considered more attractive because 'beauty' has generally been in reference to women throughout history. There have been far less instances of the use of 'flowery' language to describe men's physical traits in literature.

Also, women's abilities to bring life into the world and willingness to express feelings and emotions has been celebrated and men have sought out physically attractive women since forever... women have been romanticized as being the fairer gender throughout time.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 7:09am
Sneak diss topic

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 7:14am

i knew this was basically what the OP was getting at… 

Posted By: juicifruit89
Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 7:27am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Oh--In that case, um...maybe? Depends if the two people being compared are naturally ugly or attractive on a sliding scale lol.

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 7:37am
i think there are some women who are like men.. just some grooming, take care of your skin.. maybe some gloss and mascara.. and they're just naturally very attractive.

but people are conditioned to all the extras that makeup can bring.. 
its become like.. instead of just accentuating or covering up.. many will see a girl with no/very little makeup and scoff and feel like she NEEDs something..  even if she's very pretty. 

so yea.. girls are seen as more attractive because of the extras and the conditioning. the extras aren't even 'extra' anymore they're the norm/expected. 
and hair can bring a person from a 4 to a 7. then add some makeup.. its like magic. 

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 7:58am
im gonna go with Men.

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 11:44am

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

yes...

Interesting...

well sexual attraction aside, i'm even going back to when i was a  little girl before there was any such thing (sexual attraction, for myself, that is), i don't ever remember thinking little boys were all that cute...lol

there was no makeup and extra shyt back then either...

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 2:19pm
makeup or no makeup; grooming or no grooming...women are more attractive. 

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 2:43pm
Morris Chestnut

Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 2:56pm
Women!!!!!!!!! Gay men are a close second.

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Sneak diss topic

How so?

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 3:55pm
He's probably thinking this is a natural nazi topic. It's not even. I'm just making sure all factors are considered.

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Like I said...

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 3:57pm
for me personally, i say a man. but thats because i like hard features and muscles. but everyone else on planet earth would prolly say a woman

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 4:04pm
I can't decide

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 4:14pm
I can't really decide either but the fact that men are pretty much wake up and go says a lot. If women were wake up and go then...Stern SmileStern SmileStern Smile

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 4:23pm
so is the question who is prettier men or women ? or who is more attractive men or women?

in my mind those are different questions, you can be attractive but not pretty to me.....

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 4:25pm
Good looking is different from attractive.

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 4:49pm
I thought it was all the same thing.

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 4:51pm
Not to me.
For example, i could say if a white man is good looking, say Brad Pitt, but i'm not attracted to them.

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 4:54pm
Pretty and attractive, waayyyyy different in my mind. 

You can say ____ is attractive but if ___ was pretty why would you not use that word? 

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Pretty and attractive, waayyyyy different in my mind. 

You can say ____ is attractive but if ___ was pretty why would you not use that word? 

Just because it's a word that is rarely used doesn't mean it's not the same thing. Attractive is more used a a general term for both sexes--"attrcative young people"--whereas if you're only talking about one sex you would say "beautiful women" or "handsome men." imo

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Not to me.
For example, i could say if a white man is good looking, say Brad Pitt, but i'm not attracted to them.

I don't think attractive is based on whether you're actually physically attracted to them.

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 5:01pm
What is attractiveness based on then?

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 5:05pm
You can think someone is pretty but not be attracted to them can't you. If I am out and a pretty girl walks by , I can think wow she is pretty but not want to date her she is just pretty. 

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 5:08pm
Or not want to be her friend, or check out her mannerisms.
Just..wow, good looking chic and kim.

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 5:08pm
i think a person can be attractive but not pretty to you… 

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 5:16pm
Change the thread title to "Semantics."

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 5:20pm
In my mind pretty is a 10 , attractive isn't.

What does weave have to do with it? 

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 5:24pm
i think there is an hierarchy of attractive for women

in descending order
stunning
beautiful
pretty
cute

the above are reserved for women rated 6 or above on a 1 to 10 scale. 5 is avg and below that...well...Clown

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Morris Chestnut
Embarrassed

Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 9:55pm

i think there is an hierarchy of attractive for women

in descending order
stunning
beautiful
pretty
cute

the above are reserved for women rated 6 or above on a 1 to 10 scale. 5 is avg and below that...well...Clown

i have a levels of attractiveness very similar to this.. 

gorgeous (just cus i don't say stunning but same diff 'bad' would also be in this category), beautiful, pretty cute.. 

pretty is not a 10 to me. 

'attractive' could be anything cute or above 

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:59am
I think men are because most (I guess I can't say all) don't wear makeup to look good. 

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 11:05am
a lot of men drEss appropriately for their bodies too though...many women like exposing unsightly things 

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 11:11am
I feel like this is sort of a question, that the OP has already feels that her answer is an absolute. 

Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 4:00pm
I'm really beginning to feel you have beef with me f8. Geek

Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 4:05pm

I'm really beginning to feel you have beef with me f8. Geek

I will be honest. Maybe I have missed it before. But you seem a lot more negative and irate these days. At first I was like Star is really cool and funny. But now, it seems like you take every chance you get to sneak diss a woman or a black man. Idk that is the vibe I have been getting from you. 

Posted By: jayjaynonie
Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 5:26pm

our society has ruined us by molding our minds around an enhanced beauty vs a natural beauty. Im quite certain that if male attractiveness held an equally important role in our society as a woman's (i.e. men need to wear make up, dress to enhance their shoulders/legs etc) then a "natural" looking man wouldnt be "as" attractive as a made up one either.

I was going to post something very similar to this. A man can be Fine or sexy without enhancing or changing a thing but most women have to alter their appearance to be considered gorgeous of beautiful.
I think it's really ruined our opinion of what it means to be a beautiful woman.

Which makes this question even harder. An even tougher question is: Between  aBeautiful man and beautiful woman, which one is more likely to have done almost nothing to his appearance.

Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 6:05pm
Its all semantics like the other person said, my 8 is someone elses 10 and vice versa. I got the impression that this was slightly about women and weaves since it has come up a few times with the words natural beauty.

If you are unattractive does it really matter if you pile 16 oz of some Indian womans hair on your head?Confused You are still a 3, you just have fake hair down your back. Shrugs shoulders

Men or women can raise themselves a point or two with grooming.

Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 6:10pm
Even men look better groomed....

^^^^^ he looks better here than below

Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 6:11pm

Its all semantics like the other person said, my 8 is someone elses 10 and vice versa. I got the impression that this was slightly about women and weaves since it has come up a few times with the words natural beauty.

If you are unattractive does it really matter if you pile 16 oz of some Indian womans hair on your head?Confused You are still a 3, you just have fake hair down your back. Shrugs shoulders

This  ^^^

Date Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 7:47pm

Ermm

Print Page | Close Window