Print Page | Close Window

JUICY JUICING [SPINOFF]

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Exercise, Fitness, & Health
Forum Name: Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
Forum Description: Discussions on Diets
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368177
Printed Date: Dec 16 2018 at 5:15am

Topic: JUICY JUICING [SPINOFF]
Posted By: KFORKARESS
Subject: JUICY JUICING [SPINOFF]
Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 9:29pm
FOR THOSE THAT JUICE.
Whats your favorite juice recipe?
I just purchased the new Nutribullet and I have NO IDEA what to juice.

Replies:
Posted By: KittenWhip
Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 1:34pm
I like:  3 large handfuls of spinach; 2 large handfuls of kale; 3 large carrots; a thumb nail size of ginger; 1 large apple.  It's really quite tasty.  Some people add a lemon or lime; others celery.  Both of these additions will make the juice a little bitter.  

I also add a scoop of brown rice protein powder.  Can't do whey protein, personally.  And I couldn't find the egg white protein powder.

Good luck!

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 4:35pm
im just starting but i did 2 gala apples, baby carrots and celery and it was awesome

then i did kale, 1 green apple and 1 gala apple with carrots and celery and that was good as well.

Posted By: KFORKARESS
Date Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 9:36pm
Im going to try these. I heard Kale makes it sweet, is that true?

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 4:12pm
KALE IS NOT SWEET.. 

I do a fancy greens, kale, spinach, celery, cucumbers, parsley, granny apples, lemon and ginger.. i have a masticating juicer which is better for green juicing.. 

i do acai berry bowls for breakfast, almond milk, bananas, spinach and kale, in the mixer.. then add 2 ice cubes. and frozen acai berry puree mixed it up pour into a bowl with sliced bananas at the bottom.. but hemp granola on top, with sliced strawberries and drizzle some honey on top.. delicious. its like a frozen smoothie you eat it with a spoon, its basically a meal supplement.. 

http://pumpsandiron.com/2013/01/08/kale-spinach-acai-blend-with-hemp-seed-granola/

Posted By: Petty LaBelle
Date Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

KALE IS NOT SWEET.. 

I do a fancy greens, kale, spinach, celery, cucumbers, parsley, granny apples, lemon and ginger.. i have a masticating juicer which is better for green juicing.. 

i do acai berry bowls for breakfast, almond milk, bananas, spinach and kale, in the mixer.. then add 2 ice cubes. and frozen acai berry puree mixed it up pour into a bowl with sliced bananas at the bottom.. but hemp granola on top, with sliced strawberries and drizzle some honey on top.. delicious. its like a frozen smoothie you eat it with a spoon, its basically a meal supplement.. 

http://pumpsandiron.com/2013/01/08/kale-spinach-acai-blend-with-hemp-seed-granola/

Thanks. Yeah I tried the Apple, Kale, Cucumber & Grapes. It was Meh.

Date Posted: Feb 21 2014 at 3:12pm
I just had a good one today, beet, carrots, oranges, apples, celery, ginger root, lemon, lacinato kale spinach, it was extremely tasty. Loved it..i used all organic veggies it makes a difference.  

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 7:06pm
Is anyone Juicing exclusively for a week or two, or are you mostly supplementing a meal with Juice ???

I am interested in doing a Juice Cleanse for about 14 days

Date Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

Is anyone Juicing exclusively for a week or two, or are you mostly supplementing a meal with Juice ???

I am interested in doing a Juice Cleanse for about 14 days

I supplement a juice for Breakfast.

Date Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 2:49pm
Thanks Petty LaBelle; I have tried doing it that way before, but I am such an all or nothing person. I will like to do a 2-week Juice Cleanse to start off Lent, then finish with a Vegetarian diet.
40 days is a long time, so I will post here for encouragement, and support.

Date Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

Thanks Petty LaBelle; I have tried doing it that way before, but I am such an all or nothing person. I will like to do a 2-week Juice Cleanse to start off Lent, then finish with a Vegetarian diet.
40 days is a long time, so I will post here for encouragement, and support.

Sounds like a plan!
Updated with results.

Date Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 11:23pm
Thanks Petty laBelle. It shouldn't be too bad. I did Master Cleanse for a month a few yrs ago. At least with the Juice there will be some Variety.
I read somewhere that there should be a 75% Veg to 25% Fruit ratio for effective weight loss.

Will be starting on 03/05

Posted By: chinadoll77
Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 1:15am
I'm going to attempt to complete a 2 week juicing routine....I'll be a hermit starting this Saturday..

Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 1:33pm
Good Luck chinadoll77

I still have some refrigerator 'cleaning' to do . I can't have temptations around. Will enjoy my last glass of Wine sometime before midnight on Tuesday .

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 2:56pm
I have a bunch on my IG page

http://instagram.com/94603

Date Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 12:11pm
Prepping.

I got a lot of Celery and Carrots on sale, juiced and stored in the freezer. Have a lot of Fruit that I have sliced and frozen. Still need Cucumbers, Beetroot, Ginger and Spinach, maybe Kale (not a big fan)

All psyched-up and ready to go.

Good Luck 'Juice Heads'

Date Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 9:06pm
I made a Carrot/Apple/Beet Juice.
It was disgusting lol but I drunk itConfused

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 9:37pm
I went to a juicing place and they had a mix with carrot, beet, celery and cayenne pepper. I asked them to add an apple to the concoction. THAT DRINK WAS EVERYTHING! It was sooooo goood! I will be getting that at least once a week. I need to cop a juicer soon. 

Date Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

I went to a juicing place and they had a mix with carrot, beet, celery and cayenne pepper. I asked them to add an apple to the concoction. THAT DRINK WAS EVERYTHING! It was sooooo goood! I will be getting that at least once a week. I need to cop a juicer soon. 

GREAT !!!! I have not added Cayenne to my juice ever, but have had more than was necessary to my 'Master Cleanse' and it was EVERYTHING!!!.

I will try it over the 14-day Juicing.   
Love Ginger though

Date Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Petty LaBelle Petty LaBelle wrote:

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">I made a Carrot/Apple/Beet Juice.
It was disgusting lol but I drunk itConfused

Beetroot can taste very 'earthy'. When I make juice for a day, I may use 1/2-med Beetroot. Adding Ginger makes a big bifference. It's all about proportions. Give it another shot please!!
There will definitely be an earthy flavor, depending on how much you use. Ginger will offset it.

I heard on the Telly last night that Cauliflower is now the 'new' Kale.... Are Fruits and Veggies now compared to Fashion, or what's "in" this season !!!

My Juicing starts at midnight 03/05 a.m

Date Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 6:00pm
Journey to a healthier started today. Since it's Ash Wednesday I am fasting. Had my Coffee, and water.
Juicing starts tomorrow. Hoping to lose at least half of the 30 lbs I need to lose over these 40 days.

Date Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 2:16am
Made it through my day of fasting. Hard to believe, considering I spent the last 6 hours reviewing food videos on YT

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 1:32am
I had originally plan to have just Juice for 2-weeks, but I had hard boiled Eggs, and Guacamole left after my refrigerator purge. Today along with my Juice, I had an Egg and 1/2-cup Guac. Hoping to have better control tomorrow, and keep it liquid.
Will have a cup of China Slim Tea before bed tonight.

Date Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 3:43pm
LOST 2 LBS !!!!!

I will like to lose 30 lbs overall, but will settle for 15 lb during Lent.

Juicing is going well. Really miss chewing . Had a few pieces of Jicama. Drinking water is a struggle

Hope everyone else is doing well

Date Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 12:48am
wow 2 lbs in 2 days
awesome.

Date Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 4:39pm
try the acai bowls, you can chew and still loose. 

Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 11:08pm

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">wow 2 lbs in 2 days
awesome.

The next day my weight showed a 1-lb gain. I am staying off the scale. I could be water retention, or lack of 'evacuation'. From here on, I weigh 1x/week only.

How are you doing

Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

try the acai bowls, you can chew and still loose. 

Never heard of Acai Bowls, but anxious to hear more about it.
Please share more details

Thanks.

Date Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 11:20pm
Still sticking with mostly Juice, but had 2 hard boiled Eggs today.

Miss my glass of Wine every once in a while .

Exercise evades me. I have no ambition for it !!!

Date Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 8:18pm
Still Juicing. Having a hard-boiled Egg and Melon in the evening. Wish I can go just 1 day without eating .

Date Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 3:00pm
Lost 2.5 lbs this first week. I was hoping for just a little more, but I was not always compliant .   I must say I have more energy, so I am becoming more active. Maybe next Wednesday morning the scale will kinder to me.

Date Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 12:21pm
My second week of Juicing is doing much better than the first. Less tempted to eat .
Sleeping better, more energy. It's all good.
5-days left !!!!

Date Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 12:13am
My first day having just Juice. No eggs, No fruit, just juice. I am so proud of myself, too bad I will only have 4-days left of juicing

Date Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 12:55am
Im going to try for a week. NEXT WEEK. lol

Date Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 5:16pm

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Im going to try for a week. NEXT WEEK. lol

Good for you !!

Good Luck

Date Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 5:22pm
Juicing is becoming a habit. A no-brainer. No cooking . I am considering continuing for another week or two since I was non compliant the first two weeks. Or maybe it's because I am apprehensive about eating real meals again .

Date Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 6:29pm
http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2013/08/how-to-make-delicious-acai-bowls.html" rel="nofollow - http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2013/08/how-to-make-delicious-acai-bowls.html

http://s228.photobucket.com/user/sexibeach_album/media/acai-bowl-4_zpsef1fa006.jpg.html" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 3:02pm
Holy Cow !!!

This looks super decadent .   Thanks for posting.

Great Vegan site

Date Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 11:01pm
Tomorrow is my last day of Juicing.

I survived 2-weeks (sort of)

I am becoming so bored with Juicing. Can't wait to eat food again

Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 4:16pm
Adding less Protein Powder to my Juices, and dropped a few ounces .

Date Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 8:56pm
It seem like it took me 12-days to get used to Juicing
For the past 2-days, I have not been ravenous between my Juices. Strange that this has happened just when I am about to complete my 2-weeks of Juicing. Since I still have a lot of Fruits & Veggies, I may supplement a few meals with Juices, and have a Vegetarian dinner.
It will give me something to look forward to

Hot & Sour Soup with Tofu will be on my stove tomorrow

Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 12:30pm
This morning weigh-in.... Total 5 lbs lost

Most of it was lost in the past two days which I now believe was due to sluggish bowels.
For the past 2 days I drank China Slim Tea twice daily, and let's just say I was full of 'it'

I need more fiber !!!

Date Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 10:30pm
I had 4 servings of Juice, and a wonderful bowl of Hot & Sour Soup for dinner. Refreshing change

Date Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 6:41pm
Subbing 2-meals with juice today. Used less Fruit in those Juices.

Date Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 2:47pm
Had Juice for breakfast. Tolerating it a lot better with less Fruit. Will keep decreasing gradually.
Being able to eat a bowl full of Veggies really curbs my appetite. Really loving the switch over from Juices all day.

Date Posted: Mar 22 2014 at 10:33pm
Still having my Juice 2x/day

Date Posted: Mar 23 2014 at 4:17pm
So I planned to have only Soup and Veggies today, but by noon I was craving a Juice . Hard to believe just a few days ago I was bored with Juices. Guess I will be Juicing for the rest of the day

Date Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 11:30pm
No matter what I cook, I keep going back to my Juice.
Having partially frozen juice in a small bowl makes a great late night snack

Date Posted: Mar 31 2014 at 2:03pm
Love having Juice with Whey Protein Powder for breakfast

Date Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 4:10pm
Juice with Whey Protein powder for Breakfast. More like Brunch

Posted By: RoxieDream
Date Posted: Apr 10 2014 at 9:27pm
I just bought a juicer .... I will be replacing a meal, most likely lunch

Posted By: a.j 425
Date Posted: May 07 2014 at 3:52pm
Hey everyone! I been on and off with the juicing for a few months, well almost a year now. I'm glad I saw this thread today because I need to get back into it.

My juice today is going to be 2 apples, 2 carrots, 1 beet and 4 cabbage leaves.

Print Page | Close Window