Print Page | Close Window

Gabourey Sidibe Repeatedly Uses The Word Tranny

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368131
Printed Date: Nov 24 2017 at 10:14pm

Topic: Gabourey Sidibe Repeatedly Uses The Word Tranny
Posted By: SeducTress
Subject: Gabourey Sidibe Repeatedly Uses The Word Tranny
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:30am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/01/gabourey-sidibe-tranny_n_4708422.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/01/gabourey-sidibe-tranny_n_4708422.html

Actress Gabourey Sidibe repeatedly used a transphobic slur when she recently visited  http://www.arseniohall.com/" rel="nofollow - "The Arsenio Hall Show"  to discuss living in New Orleans.

The "American Horror Story: Coven" star said the word "tranny" no less than five times in under a minute when she appeared on the show on January 23:

Gabourey Sidibe: There was a bar that we would frequent and every time we'd go, when we were leaving every single time there was always like a gang of cops arresting trannies.

Audience: [Laughter]

Sidibe: Specifically trannies.

Arsenio Hall: Yeah…

Sidibe: And I don't know what goes on with trannies but that tranny on tranny crime needs to stop!

Arsenio Hall and audience: [Laughter]

Sidibe [chuckling]: It is tearing our nation apart!

While Sidibe brings up a good point about the treatment of transgender people by the police (and not just in New Orleans, where the profiling and abuse of trans women of color by the police was allegedly so bad  http://www.justice.gov/crt/about/spl/nopd_report.pdf" rel="nofollow - the Justice Department launched an investigation,  a recent study found that " http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/shows/america-tonight/america-tonight-blog/2013/10/16/rise-in-transgenderharassmentviolencebypolicelinkedtoprofiling.html" rel="nofollow - trans people across the U.S. experience three times  as much police violence as non-transgender individuals" and that "even when transgender people were the victims of hate crimes, 48 percent reported receiving mistreatment from the police when they went for help") the use of the term "tranny," the tone of the segment and the way the segment was  http://youtu.be/xPGjQ2fFXI0" rel="nofollow - packaged and presented  on "The Arsenio Hall Show's" YouTube channel has many upset.

Mara Keisling, Executive Director of the  http://transequality.org/index.html" rel="nofollow - National Center for Transgender Equality , told The Huffington Post:

Using the word 'tranny' isn't OK anymore. Using it to make fun of people is definitely not OK. And using it to make fun of any kind of violence is just plain wrong. I know she meant it in fun but that's the problem in this case. It's not just that she used the word 'tranny' but that she's making fun of violence in a city where  http://www.justice.gov/crt/about/spl/nopd_report.pdf" rel="nofollow - the police have a history of committing violence and discrimination against trans women of color. It's the kind of thing that trans people listen to and say, 'This is someone who is not thinking about our lives. This is someone who is making fun of our problems.' Gabby is someone who has approached lots of different social issues with grace and class and so this is just such a disappointment.

Replies:
Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:32am
Trannies are severely mentally disturbed.

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:33am
Gabby's so snarky LOL

Tweeted Jan 14th 2014

Posted By: Eden.
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:34am
bhm aint got no love for the trans, good luck seducky

Doublepost.
Goddamn button got stuck wtf?

Posted By: nekamarie83
and the justification sounds eerily like white people excusing/justifying their racism-- "but i have trans friends" "i support the trans community" "but they use it" --blah blah blah. 

yeah, but people don't consider it a slur though.

eta: 
Originally posted by Eden. Eden. wrote:

and this. 

i kinda noticed a poster that makes threads about the community and is more than slightly ignorant sounding/disrespectful at times. 

but thus is bhm and gender/sexuality. 

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:38am

Ouch

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:41am
I just can't grasp the audacity of her insensitivity. She just called out people for harsh criticism against her wide ass.

Plenty of her capes are the very people she mocked. Her attitude is lowkey elitist. 

Been in Hollywood all of five mins...so this leads me to believe she was an asshole before the fame.

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:42am
BHM reading that tweet:

Posted By: Printer_Ink
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:43am
I like Gabby ..she was just making 'light' of her time in that area ...which was a complete turn off to me btw. I don't think Tranny is a slur either.

Gabby has been around since 'Precious' in 2009 which was 5 years ago ... so she's not new to Hollyweird.

But I will say it.

Gabby is continuing to grow and grow... I am afraid for her. :(

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:44am
Lmao @ that tweet.
Gabby is a rotund asshole.

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:45am
I expect more from her. And not because she's fat and dark and should therefore be more sensitive but because she's generally intelligent and compassionate. Hopefully she fixes this publicly.

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:46am
She is getting biggerer and biggerer and did anyone see Melissa Mcarthy on SNL last night? Is she preggers?

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:48am
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

She is getting biggerer and biggerer and did anyone see Melissa Mcarthy on SNL last night? Is she preggers?
ok cause i asked my friend that. 

not to be rude; she just looked bigger to me. 

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:49am
oh

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:50am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

ok cause i asked my friend that. 

not to be rude; she just looked bigger to me. 
She had an extra neck.True story

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:50am
Has anybody ever thought of the possibility of her ignorance to the word tranny as slur?

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:51am
IA
She probably honestly didn't know.

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:53am
She had to know.
She's surrounded by the gays.
She thought she had a pass.
Miley Cyrus syndrome has to stop

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:55am
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

She had to know.
I just found out about this being a slur last monthOuch

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:55am
f8 & jones-- i don't buy it, but that's not to say that it's completely outside the realm of possibility. 

Posted By: Eden.
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:57am
she apologized.

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:58am

she apologized.

When?  I want to see what she said.

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 12:00pm

She had an extra neck.True story
yeah, bless. i noticed when they were doing the super bowl musical sketch.  

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 12:07pm
Gabby shouldn't have apologized for shyt. It would be different if her red carpet looks were as flawless as her size would allow, but they ain't. Hollywood's LGBT aren't doing her any favors.

Melissa McCarthy is married and has a 3(ish?) year old. She may very well be pregnant again.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 12:09pm

She had to know.

idk...I'm surrounded by gays who use the term and who call ME the trannie of our groupCry
so being gay does not mean you are sensitive to trans issues

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

She had to know.

f8 

No tea no shade

You have more of an excuse then the globetrotter surrounded by gays. 

One who bastardly appropriates their culture.

I expect more from her Confused

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 12:13pm
When I read the thread title I immediately said "so." You learn something new everyday.

Melissa is trying to get preggers on Molly and Me so maybe she is preggers. She definitely looked preggers on SNL, I hope she is and not just eating cause she can.

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 12:13pm

she apologized.

When?  I want to see what she said.

I can't post the tweetsCry

gimme a sec

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

She had to know.

idk...I'm surrounded by gays who use the term and who call ME the trannie of our groupCry

Yep there are gays that don't *&%^$#@Es with trannies like that.

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

She had to know.

Exactly. That's why I think she thought she had a pass.

Ia. The two aren't mutually exclusive. 

My gay friends affectionately refer to me as a fag hag, but I know better than to repeat it to unfamiliar gays without explicit permission.

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 1:14pm

Never heard of it being a slur before now. As a matter of fact people here don't use it at all... I've heard transexual, trans, or transgender instead. 

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 1:39pm
lol Tranny is a slur? I'm still gonna use it

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 2:12pm

Has anybody ever thought of the possibility of her ignorance to the word tranny as slur?

This. I had no clue it was a slur until someone corrected me for saying it in a non offensive way.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 2:35pm
I didn't know it was a slur. Why is it a slur? I thought tranny was short for a transvestite and/or transexual.

Posted By: gemini1591
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 2:42pm
I always figured tranny was short for transexual. I just heard it was offensive the other day

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 2:49pm
This is new to me as well (it being a slur) though I don't use the term.

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 2:53pm
Ignorant question: instead of saying transsexual, what should one say? Clearly not tranny.

I'm serious, I've always said tranny. Luckily not in front of a transsexual. I would like to learn the correct verbiage.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

I didn't know it was a slur. Why is it a slur? I thought tranny was short for a transvestite and/or transexual.
thats what i thought.

why is it offensive now?Geek

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

lol Tranny is a slur? I'm still gonna use it

pretty much. 

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

Ignorant question: instead of saying transsexual, what should one say? Clearly not tranny.

I'm serious, I've always said tranny. Luckily not in front of a transsexual. I would like to learn the correct verbiage.

yes me too. And when I know better I do better LOL

I have stopped using the word 'gypped' after learning it was a slur to some. I have to catch myself sometimes but I'm trying to   remove the word from my vocab.

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 3:21pm
See, bhm needs an "offensive word list and its alternatives" sticky lol

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 5:20pm

oh...

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

yes me too. And when I know better I do better LOL

I have stopped using the word 'gypped' after learning it was a slur to some. I have to catch myself sometimes but I'm trying to   remove the word from my vocab.

y is gypped a slur?

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 6:04pm
^^ Gypsy is considered a slur, Roma is what they identify as. "Gyped" comes from the stereotype that "gypsies" steal and cheat.

Posted By: leftywefty
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 6:21pm
I have NEVER heard "tranny" used in anything but an offensive, negative, and derogatory way….I used my context clues and figured out that it wasn't a nice word…
My stomach turned reading black folk say "its offensive? I'm still gonna use it!"
Hypocrisy at it's finest. Oppression is so widespread, it pisses me off when people of color can't connect the damn dots and cease to participate in it. You wanna use the term to demean people? Cool, I just don't wanna see you EVER complaining about people using derogatory terms towards blacks.
How can people be so dense? 

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 6:32pm
^^^different life experiences that never required one to ponder upon the connotation of the t-word or its application. A proper substitute could not offer itself if one hadnt recognized the need to search for it.

I believe I have found that the correct term is simply, "Trans," if one does not feel the need to say "transsexual."

On the contrary, cis would be short for cis gendered meaning, "born as" so to speak. Some say cis means "real," but that can be taken offensively to a member of the Trans community.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 6:40pm
add me to the list of not knowing it was a slur.
i'll avoid it. 

i was wondering about the word "queen" the other day. that's bad too i'm thinking. 

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 6:48pm

^^^different life experiences that never required one to ponder upon the connotation of the t-word or its application. A proper substitute could not offer itself if one hadnt recognized the need to search for it.

I believe I have found that the correct term is simply, "Trans," if one does not feel the need to say "transsexual."

On the contrary, cis would be short for cis gendered meaning, "born as" so to speak. Some say cis means "real," but that can be taken offensively to a member of the Trans community.

see, my cousin falls under the trans umbrella but i don't think he'd want to be called a transexual. he only dresses in drag for shows. he's a boy all other times.

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 6:59pm
@melikey, what does he prefer to be called? And is he homosexual? How odd is it that I'm writing an extra credit paper about this now? Lol

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 7:05pm

@melikey, what does he prefer to be called? And is he homosexual? How odd is it that I'm writing an extra credit paper about this now? Lol

He's gay, he calls himself by his stage name when he's in drag. He also uses the word queen with friends. there's no way to really differentiate him from a gay man in drag from a transexual on sight though. except his hair and makeup is over the top. so i'm sure he get's called a trans-something / drag queen/ or queen all the time in public on his way to shows.

i am sure a actual transexual wouldn't want to be called a drag queen either. i think they want to fit into the gender norm, and not be conspicuous. 

one day i'm going to slip this topic into one of our conversationsLOL

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by OrriannaRose OrriannaRose wrote:

^^ Gypsy is considered a slur, Roma is what they identify as. "Gyped" comes from the stereotype that "gypsies" steal and cheat.

ok thanks....

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 7:33pm
I never need to use the word transsexual often on conversation. I don't call lesbians "gay" or "lesbian" or "bisexual" in normal conversation.

People should aim to not identify people by race or sexuality. It is rarely needed.

Posted By: harley_quinn
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 7:41pm
I don't see anything wrong with what she said. I never knew tranny to be offensive.

Now thinking about it, I do recall lurking a long time ago and a poster mentioning that it's offensive and that they prefer to be called trans(something) depending on something, but it still had the word "tran" in it.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

I have NEVER heard "tranny" used in anything but an offensive, negative, and derogatory way….I used my context clues and figured out that it wasn't a nice word…
My stomach turned reading black folk say "its offensive? I'm still gonna use it!"
Hypocrisy at it's finest. Oppression is so widespread, it pisses me off when people of color can't connect the damn dots and cease to participate in it. You wanna use the term to demean people? Cool, I just don't wanna see you EVER complaining about people using derogatory terms towards blacks.

Actually I said, "Tranny is a slur? I'm still gonna use it"

No exclamation point

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 8:02pm
Drag Queens aren't trans....they're like....actors.

Posted By: juniper angel
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 10:05pm
Tranny

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:26pm
So many people came in with capes but didn't nan one of you negroes explain why it's offensive. I need a history lesson.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:37pm
meh… 

to me its like, 'retard' 

some people don't like it.. some find it offensive.. just like N word. 

im not using it in a derogatory way.. 
i will continue to use it i think. 

let me read the whole thread and see if someone convinces me or explains why i shouldn't 

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:38pm
Precious may not have known that it was a slur. I didn't know that for a long time. I'm not sure why exactly it's offensive though. I wouldn't doubt it's because that may have been the last word some transsexuals have heard before they were beaten/assaulted/etc. much like the N-word. It seems like it's their N-word.

Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by juniper angel juniper angel wrote:

Tranny

Dead

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:44pm
i would think that as the standard of offensiveness trickles down the pipes, black people would be on the list of the last people to find out this word is offensive. 

Posted By: msjaim2
Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Drag Queens aren't trans....they're like....actors.

I agree with the above quote. If the person was born male and just dresses the part with their "original genitals" they are cross dressers or transvestites, where if a person has gone through genital reassignment,  they are transsexual. I had no idea tranny was a slur...I honestly just thought it was an abbreviation of the term like homo(even though mostly used in a negative  context), hetero and tranny...now I know...dont want to get cut by any of the Chicago queens.

Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 12:32am
usually i'd indulge and try to be informative, but bhm and comments/posts (this go round) stating intended usage anyway after being made aware of the word's offensive nature are the reason why i don't bother with gender/sexuality here anymore.  no one should have to convince or talk people into respecting and treating others the way they would like to be treated

for those wondering why it's offensive, i'd simply reply, "look it up".  after that, realize people differ and keep the individual in mind. address them the way they would personally prefer. 

Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 12:57am
theres a difference between 'addressing' a person… and simply using a word… 

if someone doesnt like the N word, I'm not gonna be like "hi niccca" but that doesnt mean ill never use the word 

I'm sure many could look up why they shouldn't use the N word.. 9 times out of 10 they won't stop using it. 
however if they were to get a sincere explanation from someone they 'know'… ya never know.. perhaps it could compel them to see it the way they see it. 

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 1:08am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

theres a difference between 'addressing' a person… and simply using a word… 

if someone doesnt like the N word, I'm not gonna be like "hi niccca" but that doesnt mean ill never use the word 

I'm sure many could look up why they shouldn't use the N word.. 9 times out of 10 they won't stop using it. 
however if they were to get a sincere explanation from someone they 'know'… ya never know.. perhaps it could compel them to see it the way they see it. 

does that reasoning even apply in this case?

youre comparing black people calling each other the n word to straight people calling trans people trannies?

or are you saying anyone can call you the n-word as long as they dont do it to your face?

Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 1:22am
I'm talking about using words period.. by anyone. and saying that theres a difference between using it.. and addressing a person how they want to be addressed. 

many people (black and white) won't use the word to address you.. or even in front of you.. but they still use the word. 
i nor anyone else can control what ppl say behind their backs 
but ppl are compelled/convinced for different reasons as to why they should never ever speak the word. 

same for tranny.. 

same for retard.. 

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 9:06am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

I never need to use the word transsexual often on conversation. I don't call lesbians "gay" or "lesbian" or "bisexual" in normal conversation.

People should aim to not identify people by race or sexuality. It is rarely needed.

Ive been compared to an old white man because of my views and I agree with the bolded.  I had a co-worker who was somewhere between cross dressing and actually transgendered.  Not only was this particular word not used, but I was successful in avoiding the use of gender specific pronouns entirely.  We had other THANGS going on out there at that job so the topic of that persons sexuality and gender never came up.  No need to risk hurting peoples' feelings and putting them on the spot for a word that is not an integral part of the language.

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 9:11am
This should be relatively simple to understand.  I didn't know that transgender people don't like the word and indeed thought it is what they refer to themselves as.  Given that a yt bish better not fix her lips in general conversation to say "everywhere I looked they were harassing ni..gers" no further explanation is needed. 

Posted By: Over_all
Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 11:37am
I didn't know that was a slur hmmm you learn something new every day.. When I as younger I use to live with my uncle who was gay and had transgender friends.. they called people tranny and had no problem with being called that but now that I know...

Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 11:42am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

This should be relatively simple to understand.  I didn't know that transgender people don't like the word and indeed thought it is what they refer to themselves as.  Given that a yt bish better not fix her lips in general conversation to say "everywhere I looked they were harassing ni..gers" no further explanation is needed. 

IA with the above. But let's be real there is no other word like the "N". It doesn't matter how many new slurs they come up with. The "N" is in a class of it's own. 

Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 11:45am
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

So many people came in with capes but didn't nan one of you negroes explain why it's offensive. I need a history lesson.

I was reading an article about the word. It is like calling a black person blacky, and a white person whitey. And yes this was a transgender article explaining this word to non-trans people.

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Over_all Over_all wrote:

I didn't know that was a slur hmmm you learn something new every day.. When I as younger I use to live with my uncle who was gay and had transgender friends.. they called people tranny and had no problem with being called that but now that I know...

It seems like using it amongst each other would be different, since they wouldn't have any kind of malice behind it ya know? 

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 1:15pm

IA with the above. But let's be real there is no other word like the "N". It doesn't matter how many new slurs they come up with. The "N" is in a class of it's own. 

So true.  The history alone will never be matched.  I tend to treat it all the same but on the real, real the only group that actually experienced genocide is the Jews and that wasn't here on this beautiful american soil of ours....

At the end of the day pain is pain and injustice all comes from the same ball of sh*t. 

Posted By: KFORKARESS
Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 8:45pm
Tranny.

Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 8:47pm

So true.  The history alone will never be matched.  I tend to treat it all the same but on the real, real the only group that actually experienced genocide is the Jews and that wasn't here on this beautiful american soil of ours....

At the end of the day pain is pain and injustice all comes from the same ball of sh*t. 

Sleepy

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 9:03pm
This thread makes my insides weep. I wish a white bish would demand someone to explain to her why she shouldn't call me blacky/mammie/niccer/oreo/tar baby/etc...

I wish a negro would demand that I explain why he shouldn't call me b*tch/hoe/slut/whore/thot/etc.

I wish a able-minded person would demand why they shouldn't call me retarded/slow/crazy/etc.

I really can not with the intolerance in this thread.

Who are you hurting by removing offensive language from your vocabulary?

Who are you hurting if you don't?

The answers should be obvious.

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 9:35pm
Ouch

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 8:02am

I agree w all of your points k Foxx regarding no explanation

I'm really tired of people making this a comparison/who has it worse game when it's not...especially ppl who experience blatant disrespect themselves.  Respecting someone elses struggle does nothing but make you a better person.  Wrong is wrong, period.  It's a simple concept.

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 8:07am
I never knew!!!

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 8:14am
Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

ClapClap

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 8:44am
tranny is a slur? where?

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 9:01am
Add me to the never knew clique.

Good thing that never comes up in conversation.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 10:53am
I didn't know for a loooooong time either

Co-sign leftywefty too!

Posted By: Over_all
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 11:55am
Originally posted by mangachan mangachan wrote:

Originally posted by Over_all Over_all wrote:

It seems like using it amongst each other would be different, since they wouldn't have any kind of malice behind it ya know? 
yea but it just what I was taught that it just meant tranny = short version of transgender and this was from some transgender fellows

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 12:42pm
Ok..

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

This thread makes my insides weep. I wish a white bish would demand someone to explain to her why she shouldn't call me blacky/mammie/niccer/oreo/tar baby/etc...

I wish a negro would demand that I explain why he shouldn't call me b*tch/hoe/slut/whore/thot/etc.

I wish a able-minded person would demand why they shouldn't call me retarded/slow/crazy/etc.

like it

Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 12:59pm
Why would people automatically know tranny is a slur? Trannies ain't THAT common everywhere damn. I have no problem not using the term tranny. I also have no problem not seeing any trannies. 

Posted By: beebeexx
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

like it

thank you cause I was about to call y'all all types of dense obtuse mothers.
entitled assss feeling owed an explanation as to why a group feels oppressed by a word and why they dare deny them their god given right to degrade them.
the nerve of those trans folk.

Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 4:21pm
Why yall caping for these caricatures of women?
They offend me.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 4:50pm
Precious should remember  that plane ride home after she wore that dress, then she should know why she should not use the word. If you don;t know what a word means/stands for then how about this shut your mouth and don't use it.

Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 7:01pm

They offend me.

lawdDead

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 7:23pm
I didn't know.

My mother told me to stop saying a common name used for people from a certain country. It didn't register that it was a slur, everyone said it, even my grandma lol. She said it was rude. I said, I thought it was just a faster way to say it and she only repeated that it was rude. lol, I haven't said it til this day. I really didn't know

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 8:31pm

They offend me.
LOLCry

Print Page | Close Window