Print Page | Close Window

White female officer cuts off woman weave .

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368067
Printed Date: Dec 11 2017 at 12:10pm

Topic: White female officer cuts off woman weave .
Posted By: india100
Subject: White female officer cuts off woman weave .
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:00pm

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/30/1273799/-Suburban-Detroit-Cop-cuts-off-restrained-woman-s-weave" rel="nofollow - Suburban Detroit Cop cuts off restrained woman's weave

by http://www.dailykos.com/user/Steveningen" rel="nofollow - Steveningen http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/30/1273799/-Suburban-Detroit-Cop-cuts-off-restrained-woman-s-weave#?friend_id=35666&is_stream=1" rel="nofollow - Follow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74j6Gg7nj_s" rel="nofollow - Cut on Camera: Warren cop slices off young mother's hair weave ...

warrenPDvid_1391121754459.jpg

Charda Gregory can be seein sitting in a restraining chair while her hair weve is cut off.
(Photo courtesy: WXYZ.com)
Copyright 2014 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/30/1273799/-Suburban-Detroit-Cop-cuts-off-restrained-woman-s-weave" rel="nofollow - An astonishingly ugly video out of Warren, Michigan was posted by http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/cut-on-camera-cop-slices-off-young-mothers-artificial-hair" rel="nofollow - 7 Action News today. The video shows a woman named Charda Gregory being roughly shoved onto a bench by a police officer identified as Bernadette Najo. An http://www.restraintchair.com/" rel="nofollow - Emergency Restraint Chair is then wheeled out and and Gregory is thrown into the chair by three officers. Even as Gregory is being restrained, Officer Najo is seen behind her hacking off her hair weave with scissors while Gregory thrashes and struggles against what is happening to her.

<“I was confused.  I didn’t know what happened and what was going on,” said Gregory.

Warren police officials say they do ask prisoners to remove clipped-in long hair extensions, so they can’t be used as a weapon or to commit suicide.  But a weave is different, and Police Commissioner Jere Green says what Officer Bernadette Najor did was not a proper use of force. Ms Gregory was a victim of the date rape drug at a on campus party . She was found in a state of shock . Police refuse to release the reason for her arrest .

“There’s a real simple thing:  it’s called right and wrong.  And to me this is something that I won’t tolerate, I don’t think the citizens of Warren will tolerate it,” said Green.

I'm heartened to hear that Police Commissioner Green is taking the matter seriously. This is something not just the citizens of Warren should not tolerate, it is something society as a whole should not tolerate. I can think of no reason to do this to someone other than to punitively humiliate them. It is one thing to restrain a combative person in custody. It is quite another to arbitrarily decide that their hair extensions offend you enough to slice them off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren,_Michigan" rel="nofollow - Warren, Michigan , with a population of roughly 135,000 people is the largest suburb in the Metro Detroit area. The demographics show that whites making up nearly 80% of the population while the black population hovers around 13%. I will leave it to readers to decide for themselves whether race played a role in this abuse. As for me, I have a very difficult time imagining this same officer taking her scissors to a head full of blonde hair.

Edited by india100 - 25 minutes ago at 5:55pm

Replies:
Posted By: *SUCCMIDRY*
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:04pm
I say we march

Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:05pm
I made a topic in TTT .  I know some weave ladies only post here . Please check out the full story and video in TTT . I am so angry .

Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by *SUCCMIDRY* *SUCCMIDRY* wrote:

I say we march
I agree .

Posted By: iyawo814
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:09pm
I never cease to be amazed with the things people do...stupidity is a  Censored

Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:15pm
I think the police are going to have a riot tonight . The so call officer history and the warren police have a history of false arrest against our people . I can't imagine how mch pain that young lady experience .

Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:49pm
The media is on top of the story . More info .

Last Updated: 35 minutes ago
  • By: Heather Catallo http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/about_us/staff/heather-catallo" rel="nofollow - By: Heather Catallo

WARREN, Mich. (WXYZ) - Cut on Camera: a local cop – yanking a young mother’s head back and hacking off her hair.

7 Action News Investigator Heather Catallo has the exclusive story behind an incident inside the Warren jail that was caught on video.

At many jails, prisoners are required to remove hair extensions that clip in because they could be used as a weapon or to commit suicide.

But Charda Gregory didn’t have clip in extensions.  She had a weave that was sewn right into her real hair.

Charda Gregory is a young mother who loves her hair.  And this 22 year old hair dresser loves changing her style often by using weaves.

But Gregory’s hair changed dramatically after an encounter with a Warren Police Officer. 

Even though there’s no audio on the video from inside the Warren Jail, you can see Gregory kick her legs and writhe in pain as the officer plunges scissors into her hair, hacking away at the weave that was sewn into braids on her scalp.

So how did this all begin?

“I was confused.  I didn’t know what happened and what was going on,” said Gregory.

Gregory says on November 13, she went to a party in Detroit, where she believes

someone drugged her.

Paul Misukewicz is her lawyer:

“She had a couple of drinks, then woke up in a strange place.  Didn’t know how she got there, completely disoriented, said Paul Misukewicz, Gregory’s lawyer.

That strange place was the Suez Motel on 8 Mile in Warren, where Gregory got arrested for trashing a room.

By the time she was brought in to the jail lock-up on the top floor of the Warren Police Department, Gregory had been pepper sprayed, but she appears calm.  

It’s clear in the video that Gregory can barely stand as she comes face to face with Officer Bernadette Najor.  

“She took it upon herself to get the scissors.  And for whatever reason, decided that she was going to butcher my client,” said Misukewicz.

As Officer Najor pats Gregory down, the officer pushes Gregory against the wall twice.

Suddenly Najor starts going for Gregory’s hair.  The officers struggle with Gregory, dragging her over to a restraining chair to tie down her arms and legs.

Officer Najor starts yanking Gregory’s head from side to side, chopping out chunks of hair.  It takes 3 full minutes before Najor gives one final yank and removes what’s left of Gregory’s weave.

Gregory tells us in some places she now has bald spots because Najor ripped her rea

Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

The media is on top of the story . More info .

Last Updated: 35 minutes ago
  • By: Heather Catallo http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/about_us/staff/heather-catallo" rel="nofollow -

WARREN, Mich. (WXYZ) - Cut on Camera: a local cop – yanking a young mother’s head back and hacking off her hair.

7 Action News Investigator Heather Catallo has the exclusive story behind an incident inside the Warren jail that was caught on video.

At many jails, prisoners are required to remove hair extensions that clip in because they could be used as a weapon or to commit suicide.

But Charda Gregory didn’t have clip in extensions.  She had a weave that was sewn right into her real hair.

Charda Gregory is a young mother who loves her hair.  And this 22 year old hair dresser loves changing her style often by using weaves.

But Gregory’s hair changed dramatically after an encounter with a Warren Police Officer. 

Even though there’s no audio on the video from inside the Warren Jail, you can see Gregory kick her legs and writhe in pain as the officer plunges scissors into her hair, hacking away at the weave that was sewn into braids on her scalp.

So how did this all begin?

I was confused.  I didn’t know what happened and what was going on,” said Gregory.

Gregory says on November 13, she went to a party in Detroit, where she believes

someone drugged her.

Paul Misukewicz is her lawyer:

She had a couple of drinks, then woke up in a strange place.  Didn’t know how she got there, completely disoriented, said Paul Misukewicz, Gregory’s lawyer.

That strange place was the Suez Motel on 8 Mile in Warren, where Gregory got arrested for trashing a room.

By the time she was brought in to the jail lock-up on the top floor of the Warren Police Department, Gregory had been pepper sprayed, but she appears calm.  

It’s clear in the video that Gregory can barely stand as she comes face to face with Officer Bernadette Najor.  

“She took it upon herself to get the scissors.  And for whatever reason, decided that she was going to butcher my client,” said Misukewicz.

As Officer Najor pats Gregory down, the officer pushes Gregory against the wall twice.

Suddenly Najor starts going for Gregory’s hair.  The officers struggle with Gregory, dragging her over to a restraining chair to tie down her arms and legs.

Officer Najor starts yanking Gregory’s head from side to side, chopping out chunks of hair.  It takes 3 full minutes before Najor gives one final yank and removes what’s left of Gregory’s weave.

Gregory tells us in some places she now has bald spots because Najor ripped her real hair

My godness Shocked!

Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 8:11pm
I know right. ^^^ Ruin my day .

Posted By: ashiasweet
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 8:15pm
This is crazy!

Posted By: hennared
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 8:31pm
YIKES.

That is positively horrible.  That COP ought to be thrown in jail.  Absolutely no excuse for what she did.

Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by hennared hennared wrote:

YIKES.

That is positively horrible.  That COP ought to be thrown in jail.  Absolutely no excuse for what she did.

Right . I hope they place her in regular population .

Posted By: alynxx
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 8:42pm
What a wicked bi*ch!

Posted By: BaileyAlexandria
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 8:45pm
and you KNOW she won't be arrested or punished. Paid leave, slap on the wrist. People make me so sick.

Posted By: SN2BPHD
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 9:28pm
Wow. I baby my hair during a take down. I can't imagine rushing, never mind a stranger yanking at my wefts and hacking. Even if she was not a victim of date rape and did tear up that room, there was no reason to attack her hair. Allowing her to sit in a windowed room while waiting on medical assistance is a better option. How would she hang herself that fast with here weave while people were watching? This is assault and should be treated that way.

Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by SN2BPHD SN2BPHD wrote:

Wow. I baby my hair during a take down. I can't imagine rushing, never mind a stranger yanking at my wefts and hacking. Even if she was not a victim of date rape and did tear up that room, there was no reason to attack her hair. Allowing her to sit in a windowed room while waiting on medical assistance is a better option. How would she hang herself that fast with here weave while people were watching? This is assault and should be treated that way.
I need her in jail now !! Awful

Posted By: Unique Monique
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 9:41pm
Omg I have no words.

Posted By: miss america
Date Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 6:28am
Wow this is crazy. Never heard anything like it.

Posted By: Lwhite1960
Date Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 6:51am
UPDATE: As I was writing this diary, 7 Action News updated their story with much more detail. Officer Najo has been fired from her position.

Sue this fool!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/30/1273799/-Suburban-Detroit-Cop-cuts-off-restrained-woman-s-weave#" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/30/1273799/-Suburban-Detroit-Cop-cuts-off-restrained-woman-s-weave#

Posted By: ka_schwim
Date Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 8:20am
Wow! From the story it seems its not the first time the police woman had disciplinary problems. What about the other police that helped/watched her hack at that woman's head?!?!? All of them need to be sacked.

Posted By: rebelle .
Date Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 9:39am
Disgusting..

Date Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Lwhite1960 Lwhite1960 wrote:

UPDATE: As I was writing this diary, 7 Action News updated their story with much more detail. Officer Najo has been fired from her position.

Sue this fool!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/30/1273799/-Suburban-Detroit-Cop-cuts-off-restrained-woman-s-weave#" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/30/1273799/-Suburban-Detroit-Cop-cuts-off-restrained-woman-s-weave#
Thank you . Hug

Posted By: ilong2b
Date Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 1:16pm
As one poster mentioned,  this criminal wearing a "police officer's uniform" needs to be charged with assault .  But, her behaviour is not unlike that of that community and police department. Consequently, it will require media, human rights and legal pressures for her to be charged with this "hate crime".  And the other officers, who helped restrain the young woman, then stood in the area chatting while watching  this 'crime" being committed should be charged with accessory to the crime.
I found it very pathetic - i the video, the "woman" threatened  to call the police (when the cameraman was filming her).  How crazy is that- she felt violated that a camera was pointed at her after she "mutilated" another woman.   

Only a few months ago there was another story (cannot recall the location) where a "white male" wearing a police officer's uniform  - kicked, shoved and dragged another woman by her hair on the floor, while his "buddies" stood by watching.   These are the cases caught on camera - imagine what these "people" do to persons in their custody  in areas where there are no cameras.

Date Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by ilong2b ilong2b wrote:

As one poster mentioned,  this criminal wearing a "police officer's uniform" needs to be charged with assault .  But, her behaviour is not unlike that of that community and police department. Consequently, it will require media, human rights and legal pressures for her to be charged with this "hate crime".  And the other officers, who helped restrain the young woman, then stood in the area chatting while watching  this 'crime" being committed should be charged with accessory to the crime.
I found it very pathetic - i the video, the "woman" threatened  to call the police (when the cameraman was filming her).  How crazy is that- she felt violated that a camera was pointed at her after she "mutilated" another woman.   

Only a few months ago there was another story (cannot recall the location) where a "white male" wearing a police officer's uniform  - kicked, shoved and dragged another woman by her hair on the floor, while his "buddies" stood by watching.   These are the cases caught on camera - imagine what these "people" do to persons in their custody  in areas where there are no cameras.

I agree . Awful .

Posted By: ilong2b
Date Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:49am
The Warren Police Officer's Association is challenging the "woman" being fired.  As I said  her behaviour is NOT UNLIKE that of the community and police department.
http://www.macombdaily.com/government-and-politics/20140131/warren-cop-fired-for-cutting-womans-hair" rel="nofollow - http://www.macombdaily.com/government-and-politics/20140131/warren-cop-fired-for-cutting-womans-hair

Posted By: miszscott
Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 5:46pm
I would have been beyond pissed, especially with me transitioning to all natural long hair dont care. lmao But that is messed up and I would be doing everything in power to make sure that lady get what she deserves!

Posted By: deedee1999
Date Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 9:52pm
12 Years a Slave people. What she did was try to humiliate, and degrade that young woman. I hope that she sues. Far too often ``we`` let things go and don`t let the culprit free. Sue her A$$. I mean she should sue the police department.

Posted By: 4shopiece
Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 5:06am
Update she settled with the police department for $75,000

I think she should have gotten way more

Posted By: rredict
Date Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 7:40am
This whole situation made me very angry. I wonder how this cop would feel if someone cut off all her hair. All I can say is she better watch her back...

Posted By: Anuli
Date Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 4:44pm
Not trolling..

But, anywhere you get arrested they are required to take out any hair extensions.. clip-ins, fusions, wefts.. you can't even have bobby pins or a scrunchie.. i'm not seeing the wrong she did by following orders?

Print Page | Close Window