Print Page | Close Window

Amanda Knox found guilty again!!

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368057
Printed Date: Dec 12 2019 at 5:15am

Topic: Amanda Knox found guilty again!!
Posted By: mrshairdo
Subject: Amanda Knox found guilty again!!
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:41pm
**personally I think she's innocent 

Amanda Knox and ex-boyfriend guilty of Kercher Italy murder

Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito, June 2011 (composite image)Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito are seen here in 2011 when they were acquitted
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25941999#story_continues_1" rel="nofollow - Continue reading the main story

Related Stories

• http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21937829" rel="nofollow - Q&A: Kercher murder retrial
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21937825" rel="nofollow - Profile: Amanda Knox
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21938080" rel="nofollow - Profile: Raffaele Sollecito

A court in Italy has reinstated the guilty verdicts against Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito for the murder of UK student Meredith Kercher in 2007.

American Knox - who is in the US - and her Italian ex-boyfriend Sollecito had pleaded not guilty.

She was sentenced to 28 years and six months in jail, while Sollecito received 25 years.

The latest verdict overturns the pair's successful 2011 appeal, which freed them after four years in jail.

Ms Kercher was stabbed to death in the flat she shared in Perugia with Knox.

After nearly 12 hours of deliberations, the judges delivered their verdict in a courtroom in Florence, Tuscany.

They ordered that damages should be paid by the pair to the family of Ms Kercher. Ms Kercher's brother Lyle and sister Stephanie were present when the verdict was read out.

Raffaele Sollecito, 30 January 2014Raffaele Sollecito was in the courtroom earlier

Sollecito was ordered to surrender his passport. Extradition proceedings against Ms Knox, who refused to return to Italy for the case, may now begin.

'Flawed'

Thursday's fresh appeal hearing was ordered by Italy's highest court, the supreme court in Rome.

It had found that the 2011 appeal - which acquitted the pair - was flawed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25941999#story_continues_2" rel="nofollow - Continue reading the main story

Analysis

image of David WillisDavid WillisBBC News, Washington

Since her release from prison in October 2011, Amanda Knox has sought to pick up from where she left off.

Returning to the community on the outskirts of Seattle where she grew up, she re-enrolled at the University of Washington to study creative writing, and apart from a brief flurry of interviews to promote her autobiography - entitled Waiting to be Heard - has otherwise sought to keep a low profile.

But much as she may crave anonymity, Knox remains a constant source of fascination for the tabloid press which follows her every move.

Knox refused to return to Italy for the retrial, citing what she called on her blog the "smoke and mirrors" of the prosecution, but she has continued to maintain her innocence, writing: "I am not a murderer... I did not kill Meredith or take part in her murder, or have any prior or special knowledge of what occurred that night. I was not there and had nothing to do with it."

Knox maintains Rudy Guede - a drug dealer who is serving 16 years for Ms Kercher's murder - acted alone.

The court in Florence heard from Knox's defence team in the morning, before the two judges and eight jurors retired to deliberate on a verdict.

Summing up, Knox's lawyer, Carlo Dalla Vedova, told the court her innocence was "rock-solid and it allows us to await the verdict with serenity".

The supreme court overturned their acquittals last March after an appeal by prosecutors, who argued that important DNA evidence had been disregarded.

Ms Kercher, from Coulsdon in south London and 21 at the time, was found with her throat cut in a flat she shared with Knox in the college city of Perugia, in the central region of Umbria.

Rudy Guede from the Ivory Coast was convicted of her murder at an earlier trial and sentenced to 16 years in prison.

Prosecutors sought to prove Ms Kercher had died in a sex game involving Knox and Sollecito that had gone wrong.

They have since alleged that the murder resulted from a heated argument over cleanliness in the Perugia apartment.

Arrested days after the murder and detained in prison, Knox and Sollecito were tried and convicted in November 2009.

In 2011, an eight-member jury cleared both defendants of Ms Kercher's murder after doubts were raised over procedures used to gather DNA evidence.

Ordering a retrial last year, the supreme court moved proceedings from Umbria to Florence, in the northern region of Tuscany.

Sollecito, 29, told the court in November that it made "no real sense" for him to have committed "such an atrocious act".

Replies:
Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:43pm

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:44pm
Qwhite woman going to jail after something she did do.dancing (4565) Animated Gif on Giphy

Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:46pm
LOL i actually think she's innocent

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:46pm
so they r trying to extradite her ..her boyfriend is still there 
My God this poor girl...i really would love to know what happened

did they ever find the knife that killed the roommate?
so many questions, but no real answers

Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:48pm
i think the Italian court sees Amanda as an American first...

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Man, my tears are reserved for others. She will be ight all WhiteLOL

Had to come back and change the last word.Makes more sense this way.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:56pm
Not even gonna give her a glance. When she blamed that black guy no fuks were given when they put the poor guy through the ringer.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:58pm
she never has to set foot in Europe again so i'm sure this will just gain her more notoriety and money here in the U.S.

Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Man, my tears are reserved for others. She will be ightLOL

she could actually be extradited tho so i feel bad for her

Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 4:01pm
If the US approves Italy's extradition request, she is fucced

but i do think the police fucced her over...I think they coerced her into that confession, i really do

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 4:04pm
double jeopardy?

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 4:10pm

Right..double jeapordy will prevent her from getting extradited. If the US abides by the law..then she will not be sent back.

"Even if Knox is convicted this time around, it is unlikely she will ever return to Italy. One legal expert told CNN that since U.S. law dictates that a person cannot be tried twice on the same charge, she will not be extradited. "Under U.S. law, she was once put in jeopardy and later acquitted," http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/26/justice/knox-extradition/index.html" rel="nofollow - said Sean Casey, a former prosecutor who is now a partner at Kobre & Kim in New York. "Under the treaty, extradition should not be granted."

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 4:12pm
she needs to go

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 4:19pm
aint no DJ defense in an extradition, that Bish going to prison where she needs to be.

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 4:20pm
They would have to come get me.
If the US sided with Italy, I'd go to Canada and beyond.

She got a taste of Italian Jail, she won't be returning even if she is a fugitive for life.

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 4:20pm
I don't think the US will hand her over Italy. And she once said that she will be always on the run if she is found guilty again.

Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 4:25pm
Double jeopardy doesn't apply in this case, I read..
She can't even travel to Canada cuz we have an agreement with Italy as well in terms of extradition so she would risk being extradited. It's like that for all of Europe and a few Latin American countries

I think the Rudy guy did, there was too much physical evidence against him and none of Amanda
the case was a royal fucc up from the start though

Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 4:26pm
I hope the US rejects their request if they submit one

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 4:32pm
Quote In many European countries, the prosecution may appeal an acquittal to a higher court (similar to the provisions of Canadian law) – this is not counted as double jeopardy but as a continuation of the same trial. This is allowed by the European Convention on Human Rights (note the word finally in the above quotation).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_jeopardy#International_Covenant_on_Civil_and_Political_Rights" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_jeopardy#International_Covenant_on_Civil_and_Political_Rights

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 7:42pm
She'll never be expedited...

I so wish that heifer casey anthony could be tried again

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 7:48pm
watched a few times on ID channel. never really could come to a conclusion on this one  

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

she never has to set foot in Europe again so i'm sure this will just gain her more notoriety and money here in the U.S.

^this, she will be writing another book soon

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 10:19pm
I wonder if this case would be as big here if Amanda Knox were a black American girl....

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

I wonder if this case would be as big here if Amanda Knox were a black American girl....

of course not, she'd been locked up with the black dude that they tried and convicted in a week

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 10:36pm
A BHMer was friends with the woman she killed

Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

A BHMer was friends with the woman she killed

Shocked

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 12:34am
I hated seeing how cocky and obnoxious she was being during the other trial when she got off. Funny how the only black person involved with this is locked up....

Posted By: dijah.love
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 1:55am
lil boosie about to be out too

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 2:04am
Using her American privilege to avoid jail

Smh

Posted By: Lauren.
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 2:35am
Wasn't the black guy a drug dealer who confessed to the murder?
I don't think she did it. They didn't find any evidence against her....

Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 6:37am
Originally posted by Lauren. Lauren. wrote:

Wasn't the black guy a drug dealer who confessed to the murder?
I don't think she did it. They didn't find any evidence against her....

His DNA was all and through the crime scene plus his sperm inside her
No DNA from Amanda was at the scene at all.

The girl is innocent esp if people have read the actual facts of the case

Posted By: lexis83
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 7:56am
Feck that bitch!

Posted By: LilMissSunshine
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

Right..double jeapordy will prevent her from getting extradited. If the US abides by the law..then she will not be sent back.

<P ="cnn_storypgraphtxt cnn_storypgraph18">"Even if Knox is convicted this time around, it is unlikely she will ever return to Italy. One legal expert told CNN that since U.S. law dictates that a person cannot be tried twice on the same charge, she will not be extradited. "Under U.S. law, she was once put in jeopardy and later acquitted," http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/26/justice/knox-extradition/index.html" rel="nofollow - said Sean Casey, a former prosecutor who is now a partner at Kobre & Kim in New York. "Under the treaty, extradition should not be granted."

But it happened in Italy...Can the US stop them?

Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Using her American privilege to avoid jail 

Smh
Damn, we have American privilege?? or is it. . . yt american privilege???LOL

She's guilty as can be and I never understood why she was released. If the US sides with her, we can forget about ever requesting the return of a criminal from Italy.

She won't return on her own, I can fault her for that.

Posted By: Lauren.
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 11:32pm
Wow that's sad. I wonder why Italy is so determined to lock her up. Regardless if she's white it's horrible for ANYONE to serve time for something they didn't commit. The brotha had his sperm and dna all over that murder victim but ya want the white girl locked up....Confused

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 7:08am
I feel so bad for her. Disapprove

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 9:18am
I don't remember all the gory details, but I do recall thinking she was guilty.  Why shouldn't the US send her back?  We would want the same if they were harboring a criminal convicted of a crime in the US...

Date Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Faithfully2002 Faithfully2002 wrote:

Really??
Have you read about the roommates death and the evidence they have against Amanda and her man??
They should have never released her.

Date Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

Really??
Have you read about the roommates death and the evidence they have against Amanda and her man??

are u sure u have? their dna isn't anywhere 
the footprint, the bloody hand on the wall, the sperm inside her, all of that dna belonged to the black drug dealer

ppl judged her on the fact that she was acting ''weird'' and not sad enough, still doesn't mean she did it

I do believe her when she says the italian courts forced that confession out of her...they royally screwed up the case

Date Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 2:44pm

Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

Really??

are u sure u have? their dna isn't anywhere 
the footprint, the bloody hand on the wall, the sperm inside her, all of that dna belonged to the black drug dealer

ppl judged her on the fact that she was acting ''weird'' and not sad enough, still doesn't mean she did it

I do believe her when she says the italian courts forced that confession out of her...they royally screwed up the case

Wasn't it the white boyfriends DNA found in the toilet and she admitted being with him??

Print Page | Close Window