Print Page | Close Window

What Does Your Target Look Like

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=368042
Printed Date: Nov 15 2018 at 8:44am

Topic: What Does Your Target Look Like
Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Subject: What Does Your Target Look Like
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 4:50am
i went shopping last night and decided to see how Tarjay looked....LMAO..that parking lot was empty and it is always packed..I think the employees cars was taking up the parking spots and this was around 7:00 p.m....they r so ruined....

Replies:
Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 5:55am
sad...I guess it really will be a Wal-Mart world...I have a red card so ill still give them my business.  I haven't gone since December and it was still busy.  The one near my house is never packed though, before or after the issue.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:17am
I will get back to you because I have not been back there in ages, even before the data leak occurred.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:21am
data leak?

Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

data leak?

Where you been, girl?

Their network got hacked.......stole thousands of Customer credit card info....people where freaking out.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:45am
I've been to Target a couple times. Ain't sh*t changed. It's never super packed in there around here.

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:46am
the last time i went only 2 registers were open on a Saturday afternoon
not sure if thats the norm since im in love with walmart but the parking lot isnt that big so they seem to be doing decently

But when i do go in there I make sure i have cash to pay with Stern Smile
I have a feeling walmart is next though
If that happens im allllll the way screwed Unhappy

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:46am
Lmao poor lil target
idk I need to purchase some elf products
but I'm taking cash

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 6:53am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I've been to Target a couple times. Ain't sh*t changed. It's never super packed in there around here.

Posted By: funkydiva2
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 8:18am
I love love love Target.  I'm going through withdrawals actually because I've stopped going since the credit card breach.  It was my one stop shop for everything from  baby products to groceries to even  a throw pillow.....

My concern is that their story has changed so much to what type of info (at first they said PIN # weren't impacted and then they said it was...)was impacted that I need to let things flush out to be sure

Posted By: marissy
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 8:35am
The Targets around me look the same as they were pre-holidays.

Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 8:40am
It's all good. I went a couple times this week. Target probably safer right now than other stores due to the breach. They making sure it won't happen again. For some reason, the hackers chose Target cause any store could of been hacked.

Posted By: newin2009
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 8:53am
I love Target and will continue to shop there. They are still normal-busy as they were before the breach. I love Target because it is clean, organized, and I can get in and out. If more than two people are waiting in a line, they will open more lanes.

Posted By: MdDyme07
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 9:13am
Still packed.

Posted By: HaitianLuv
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 9:13am
i went on sunday. I looove target. i hate walmart. Walmart's color scheme and environment is so messy and annoying. the blue and white is so dead like a doctor's office or something. i love the red and cream of target and things are more spaced out and organized. even though i know walmart is cheaper than target i still give my business to target. It was the same when i got there, it had alot of people there. 

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 9:14am
I went there the other day to get a pack of pens...business as usual. I didn't notice a difference.

Posted By: GoodGirlGoneGr8
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 9:15am
But it's not unusual for businesses to experience a decline in sales shortly after the holidays...

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 9:28am
yall know Neiman Marcus had a breach also. I received a letter yesterday in the the mail. smh

Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 9:34am
Originally posted by HaitianLuv HaitianLuv wrote:

i went on sunday. I looove target. i hate walmart. Walmart's color scheme and environment is so messy and annoying. the blue and white is so dead like a doctor's office or something. i love the red and cream of target and things are more spaced out and organized. even though i know walmart is cheaper than target i still give my business to target. It was the same when i got there, it had alot of people there. 

I agree...targets color scheme and the smell of popcorn makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.  

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 9:48am
IDK. Last time I went to Target was like two years ago. It always seems empty as hell compared to Walmart. The only thing I go in there for is their lil dollar section and the clothes/shoes though. They are expensive when it comes to some stuff IMO

Posted By: PrincessSher
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 11:18am
Still the same clean and lots of people

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 1:18pm
It's always packed

Posted By: nemesis1
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 1:28pm
Not too crowded.

Posted By: Findingmyme
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:21pm
Not to crowded and clean just the way I like it!

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:27pm

love targetHeart

hate walmart havent been in one in ages

Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Princess_S Princess_S wrote:

yall know Neiman Marcus had a breach also. I received a letter yesterday in the the mail. smh

YOU TOO???? i received mine also, but i can't remember the last time i bought something from there..it reads if you made a payment card purchase between january 2013 to january 2014...i don;t think i made any purchases in 2013...

just now sending this ish out...lawd..

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:41pm
Well I hate Target.  Ever since that Christmas and Black Friday fiasco, I had decided to never shop there again.
I hope it goes down in flames.

Date Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Ds2nice Ds2nice wrote:

Well I hate Target.  Ever since that Christmas and Black Friday fiasco, I had decided to never shop there again.
I hope it goes down in flames.

LOLLOL

Posted By: LilMissSunshine
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by HaitianLuv HaitianLuv wrote:

The lighting in Target is brighter too...walmarts are usually kind of dark.

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 4:01pm
I'll still shopt there. I'll just use cash...probably...

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 4:05pm
What does Target sell in the U.S.? Is their array interesting? It's relatively recent here and it's nothing but crap! I was totally disappointed

Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 4:09pm
maybe it depends on certain areas, cause the one i looked at was pitiful...i do wonder if they will still have collabs with different designer's? 

who would you like to see collab with Target?

i would love to see Fendi (only if they do FAUX materials)
Calvin Klein
Marc Jacobs

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

maybe it depends on certain areas, cause the one i looked at was pitiful...i do wonder if they will still have collabs with different designer's? 

Calvin Klein
Marc Jacobs

they already did marc jocobs didn't they? maybe a year ago or so

im excited about the next one coming up in FEB. 

View the Peter Pilotto for Target Spring 2014 Lookbook View the Peter Pilotto for Target Spring 2014 Lookbook View the Peter Pilotto for Target Spring 2014 Lookbook View the Peter Pilotto for Target Spring 2014 Lookbook

Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Princess_S Princess_S wrote:

Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

Calvin Klein
Marc Jacobs

they already did marc jocobs didn't they? maybe a year ago or so

im excited about the next one coming up in FEB. 

View the Peter Pilotto for Target Spring 2014 Lookbook View the Peter Pilotto for Target Spring 2014 Lookbook View the Peter Pilotto for Target Spring 2014 Lookbook View the Peter Pilotto for Target Spring 2014 Lookbook

I think u r correct on the Jacobs one....damn how did i miss that one...

Posted By: solena
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 4:43pm
hasnt changed at all. crowded yet still clean and quiet.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 6:14pm
*i stopped messing with target when decided to flex on Yonce.
*Not like i have bought a Beyonce record since Bee-Day though and dont plan to even though i like her, but i put my money were my mouth is.

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

im in love with walmart

Handshake Walmarts been my boo since the 90s. F*ck what the bougie bitches say. Walmart has everything you need and everything you never knew you needed for the low!

Having that said, I still go to Target multiple times a week too. I swear I stay in stores

But umm shouldnt they be safe now? maybe I should carry more cash

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 8:50pm
i meant to go there today to get some tights

i'll be using cash though Stern Smile

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 8:52pm
i hate walmart 

i like target 

mines is cute 

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 8:54pm
I been stopped shopping @ tar-jay, wal marts way cheaper and they have food, appliances, and toiletries at the same place

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I don't care for walmart
The prices are great

but

the warehouse like store set up, the bright ass harsh lighting, shelves are never stocked anymore, employees never being of much help because they work at walmart for minimum wage, only 3 or 4 registers open at all times, long lines...but besides that I like Walmart.Dead

Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 8:57pm
it's hard to tell who is a walmart employee b/c half of the regular store clerks wear zip up hoodies over their clothes, then the guys from the back stockroom are always hanging out in the store in street clothes so it's confusing.  not that i blame walmart employees for their not give a damn demeanor but at least at target they pretend like they care and they KNOW things about the store.  the whole vibe at walmart sucks.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 9:05pm
Yeah, I feel bad for walmart employees. I hate shopping for my own food there so I can't imagine being in there for hours everyday. I try to be extra nice to the cashiers.

Lawd my face is frowning writing this post. Hate going to walmart.LOL

Posted By: Nisha
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 9:40pm
I just came from Target. Mine smells good. Its clean. The employees are helpful. I got some black flats that are really cute.

There are no ghetto scenes like in WalMart. WalMart customers are hard on the eyes.

They ring you out quickly unlike WalMart. WalMart customers get all the way to the register and never have enough to pay for their items. It's sad to watch.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 9:46pm
i only go to walmart every now and then. 
it's not a satisfying experience, it's like eating bland food over and over. 
target is more my style in terms of their selection.

Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

*i stopped messing with target when decided to flex on Yonce.
*Not like i have bought a Beyonce record since Bee-Day though and dont plan to even though i like her, but i put my money were my mouth is.

not to be off track here. but u joined 12/4/2013 and have 2280 posts???? MAYBE I read that wrong...

Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Nisha Nisha wrote:

I just came from Target. Mine smells good. Its clean. The employees are helpful. I got some black flats that are really cute.

There are no ghetto scenes like in WalMart. WalMart customers are hard on the eyes.

They ring you out quickly unlike WalMart. WalMart customers get all the way to the register and never have enough to pay for their items. It's sad to watch.

Hence the name TARJAY.....
Walmart=QMart an inside cheap flea market place...no seriously there is a place like that, Q-Mart, and hillbillies shop there along with other sights..it is run downed, dirty, nasty, filthy and so on...Dead
the floors are paved with tar...smells horrible

Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 10:54pm
I really dont see these walmart horror stories yall speak of at my walmart.
Shelves always stocked, facility is always clean
I dont be paying attention to other customers cuz im not there for them hoes
been shopping there for 15 years so i know my way around.
Never had an issue from them whatsoever

Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 10:56pm
my target however,
the employees are never where they are supposed to be
you have to walk the entire area of the store to find someone helpful
prices aint that great
its always dry as fck even though the walmart is waaaaay on the other side of town
i will say its clean but i dont dig the organization in there
no self checkouts
only ever 2 to 3 registers open at a time...which is irritating when i just wanna grab something quick and go

walmart in my town>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any target ive been to yet

Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 10:57pm

it really depends on which walmart you go to, and what area the walmart is in

ive seen nice walmarts and ghetto rundown ones

but ive never seen a rundown target.... no matter the area

walmart is also extremely crowded sometimes...target is never too crowded unless its a holiday/special occasion

Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 10:59pm

whenever i go to target i usually get in and get out....

9 times out of 10 walmart is a extremely slow process...

target>>>>>

Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

my target however,
the employees are never where they are supposed to be
you have to walk the entire area of the store to find someone helpful
prices aint that great
its always dry as fck even though the walmart is waaaaay on the other side of town
i will say its clean but i dont dig the organization in there
no self checkouts
only ever 2 to 3 registers open at a time...which is irritating when i just wanna grab something quick and go

walmart in my town>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any target ive been to yet

omg, god forbid you're at Walmart and the self check out says "unexpected item in ba ge area"...it takes forever and a day for someone to come over.  i'm kinda against self check out in general, but i do prefer the quick in and out convenience of it when it all goes right.

Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

it really depends on which walmart you go to, and what area the walmart is in

ive seen nice walmarts and ghetto rundown ones

but ive never seen a rundown target.... no matter the area

walmart is also extremely crowded sometimes...target is never too crowded unless its a holiday/special occasion

I wonder why that is Geek

Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 11:07pm

LOLjust because walmart is crowded doesn't make it superior...

Date Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 11:09pm

mcdonalds stays crowded at all hours of the day and night

and we all know that crap is edible garbage....

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 12:22am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

"unexpected item in ba ge area"

Reading this literally made my heart beat change. OMG, EVERYYYY time. I hate self check out.. its always a hard choice.... long line.. or self check out

I agree about Walmart employees. Ive planned to get a couple fired before, but let it go.

I definitely prefer the actual shopping experience at Target (including the popcorn smell). BUT sometimes it's more practical to go to Walmart... I went twice today Ouch

Shopping at Walmart at 2am Heart

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 4:48am
Imma go today and see.

Date Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 4:52am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Imma go today and see.

i would never shop at a store who messed with my credit information, lack of security to protect your customer's info...i mean it could happen to any store, but still if any store they wouldn;t see my business at all...

Date Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 7:52am
fck yall opinions
#TeamWallyWorld4Lyfe!
Approve
(as long as my credit info stays safe) Stern Smile

Print Page | Close Window