Print Page | Close Window

Kendrick Lamar should of won at least 1 Grammy b

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367958
Printed Date: Sep 19 2017 at 6:16pm

Topic: Kendrick Lamar should of won at least 1 Grammy b
Posted By: Marcelo22
Subject: Kendrick Lamar should of won at least 1 Grammy b
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:40am
We all know Macklemore is the new white rapper that America loves so he gonna get his. Throw in his gay marriage song and he was bound to get his Grammy hardware. 

But how he sweep and get 4 Grammies tho ?

Kendrick album was critically acclaimed as well for the most part I thought. 

Then I read this Shocked

Macklemore & Lewis' wins, which include best rap song and rap performance for "Thrift Shop," come after the Grammy rap committee almost ousted the group from its categories. A source told The Associated Press that the rap committee rejected the duo, but that was later overruled by the general Grammy committee. The rap committee felt Macklemore & Lewis should qualify for the pop awards instead because of their massive success on Top 40 radio. The source, who attended the general Grammy meeting, spoke on the condition of anonymity because the meeting was private.

I will continue to not support these bum awards. Only award show I'd ever acknowledge for Hip Hop is the Source Awards.

Replies:
Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:58am
Where'd you get that from?
Always cite your source plz. 

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 2:17am
source : http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=22014119

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 6:05am
i bet you that source was mc lyte

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 6:55am
Those white folks on the committee said they give zero f*cks about how they upset the hip hop community. It's they sh*t; bow down bishes! LOL

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 7:08am
Nas has 0 Grammys. 

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Nas has 0 Grammys. 

Shocked jayz has 19 grammys damnn

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:28am
Kendrick is overrated but okay.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:34am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:36am
Better artist out there that have no grammy.....fact.

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:39am

This *runs out thread*

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:41am

that fact doesn't make him overrated though...who is he overrated to in contemporary music?  his album was better than Jay's!

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:45am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

that fact doesn't make him overrated though...who is he overrated to in contemporary music?  his album was better than Jay's!

Kendricks album was not that good.....much like frank oceans....5 decent songs off a 18+ track album doesn't make it a classic......when did we stop expecting every song to be top notch.....

All this Kendrick dik riding will eventually cause chaffing....cause that brotha aint got the juice.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:46am
What do you expect from the Grammys ???

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:51am

Kendricks album was not that good.....much like frank oceans....5 decent songs off a 18+ track album doesn't make it a classic......when did we stop expecting every song to be top notch.....

All this Kendrick dik riding will eventually cause chaffing....cause that brotha aint got the juice.

IA about Frank Ocean...that year i preferred Miguel's album bc it was more listenable but Frank had all the hype...i like every song on Kendrick's album though...not only that, but he basically threw ngas off the mountain and put his flag at the top, without so much of a sweat.  wesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssside.  

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:56am
I think people make themselves like Kendricks entire album because someone said it should be liked or you're not a real hip hop head.....that body of work was over rated......it had some songs I loved but just some. He didn't throw anyone off the mountain.....he came for people and only woke the peasants which low-key slaughtered him lyrically.....the top artists gave that nicca a pat on the back and it was business as usual.....

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:01am
even if he is overrated, you put his sh1t next to macklemore and tell me mack is better and you a bald faced lie

*shrug*

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:02am
definitely a bandwagon effect, but there will always be one...there's really no such thing as fact in opinion on music so we'll just agree to disagree.  i've been listening to the album since it dropped fall 2012 and i'm still not tired of it.

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:07am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

even if he is overrated, you put his sh1t next to macklemore and tell me mack is better and you a bald faced lie

*shrug*

I never said thatLOL

Posted By: Cocoa
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:07am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

i bet you that source was mc lyte

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:08am

Macklemore the King

A message of peace and love to all vs getting drunk like his granddaddy. Cool

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:11am
Loudre sucks as well....I don't get her hype at all...I thought she was Willow Smith for weeks.....

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:12am

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

*shrug*

I never said thatLOL

i wasnt talking to you.

i was talking in general about the grammy's

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:14am
Alladis
Originally posted by Missvw Missvw wrote:

This *runs out thread*

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:54am
Good Kid Mad City is probably going to be seen as a classic album by heads in say 5-10 years. First mainstream album outside of a Kanye album in awhile to get to that distinction.

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:56am

definitely a bandwagon effect, but there will always be one...there's really no such thing as fact in opinion on music so we'll just agree to disagree.  i've been listening to the album since it dropped fall 2012 and i'm still not tired of it.

It also has the opposite effect. The "im too cool of a hipster to agree with the masses" bandwagon effect. Illmatic could be released today and there would be a bunch of people coming out of the woodwork to say it was overrated compared to this and not as good as that.

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:56am

Good Kid Mad City is probably going to be seen as a classic album by heads in say 5-10 years. First mainstream album outside of a Kanye album in awhile to get to that distinction.

Thats just a sign of how bad music is.....LOL

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:58am

Thats just a sign of how bad music is.....LOL

I'd agree that it is a sign of how lackluster most mainstream albums are today.

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:06pm
I think people have to make a distinction between their fan bias and the truth......I love K. Michelle......been playing her album non stop as well.....will I advocate her for a grammy? Not yet....
Tamar had a grammy worth song but she sucks live.......Chrisette Michelle was super ignored musically this year.......and Miguels album is an actually classic.....I can play it forwards and backwards and shuffled without the need to skip......

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:08pm
What the hell is the criteria for a grammy anyway? It's a popularity contest. It has, and never has been a reward for great music. So if you like the music and it's popular, then why not advocate for a grammy.

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:11pm
GKMC is overrated?
I guess child...
Only song I don't care for on there is the song with MJB.

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:12pm
Seeing as how 3six mafia won......hell she coulda got a nom.....lol

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:12pm
I think u had to listen to Kendrick's album without skipping to hear the story unfold. At first I didn't like it, but that was because I skipped from song to song and missed the skits and additional songs. The story his album tells is awesome and when his friends brother gets shot I always cry. It reminds me of a dude that got shot on my corner. I feel Kendrick.

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:13pm
How is GKMC overrated and not deserving of a Grammy???

GKMC blows all these albums out of the dust in terms of being a "RAP" album

25. BEST RAP ALBUM

WINNER

The Heist

http://www.grammy.com/artist/macklemore-ryan-lewis" rel="nofollow - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

Label: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis LLC

Nothing Was The Same

Drake

Label: Young Money/Cash Money

Magna Carta...Holy Grail

http://www.grammy.com/artist/jay-z" rel="nofollow - Jay Z

Label: Roc Nation

Good Kid, M.A.A.D City

http://www.grammy.com/artist/kendrick-lamar" rel="nofollow - Kendrick Lamar

Label: TDE/Aftermath/Interscope Records

Yeezus

http://www.grammy.com/artist/kanye-west" rel="nofollow - Kanye West

Label: Def Jam

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:14pm
I don't think Sandy likes anything.

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:14pm
Notice I never mention him and a grammy.....I said overrated....and it is.....as was Yeezus and Holy Grail......dont even entertain macklemore......and Drake is Drake.....

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:15pm

yeah

its an album that you dont get on first listen

its not an album you can't listen to as tracks but in its entirety

to me, gkmc is like the chronic, its like hnic but woven better,

its an album you throw on and go about your house work and it will catch you then ..

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:16pm
Yes, yeezus sounds like it only took two weeks. Holy grail sounds like it was preparing us for the overplay with the title. Drake is an actor. He is Terrence Howard of rap.

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

I think u had to listen to Kendrick's album without skipping to hear the story unfold. At first I didn't like it, but that was because I skipped from song to song and missed the skits and additional songs. The story his album tells is awesome and when his friends brother gets shot I always cry. It reminds me of a dude that got shot on my corner. I feel Kendrick.

I actually have the entire album.....LOL.....listened to it too.....Mr00 purchased it.....I just didn't like it...like I said I love a few of the songs......

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:17pm

The Grammy committe couldn't relate to Kendrick's album. They could relate more to "Same Love" and buying tacky clothes at the thrift shop.

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:18pm
Macklemores success is political.....

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:19pm

I actually have the entire album.....LOL.....listened to it too.....Mr00 purchased it.....I just didn't like it...like I said I love a few of the songs......

You know what...just

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:19pm

What the hell is the criteria for a grammy anyway? It's a popularity contest. It has, and never has been a reward for great music. So if you like the music and it's popular, then why not advocate for a grammy.

I was wondering if they screw up every genre. Like I heard a lot of country music fans say that Taylor Swift isn't country, she's pop.

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:21pm
I was reading the comments somewhere.....everybody was complaining about every genre. 

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:21pm

and Miguels album is an actually classic.....I can play it forwards and backwards and shuffled without the need to skip......

no.

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:22pm
and his performing sucks...lol

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

and his performing sucks...lol

Always....but the musics goodLOL

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:36pm
I have Miguels album.
I can't listen to that all the way through.

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 12:43pm
I feel about the Good Kid, Mad City album like I feel about Blu's Below The Heaven album.

When Blu dropped Below The Heaven in 2007, I was just entering college and working 2 jobs, and Blu was mainly rapping about working multiple blue collar jobs, becoming an adult, dating and breaking up, and reflecting on the past and future. His album was pretty much the soundtrack to my life in 2007, nearly each song being something I could vibe to sonically and conceptually. I hear a track like "In Remembrance of Me", and he says stuff like "I saw the whole world through that girls eyes," and it's surreal how similar my thoughts and experiences were. That was the first time in a long time where I connected with an album like it was made just for my experiences.

I have the same thoughts about Good Kid, Maad City, except probably to an even greater extent. I've been called a good kid all my life and I too wonder sometimes, as Kendrick did in the track where he first smoked weed, if I told you I did something really bad, would you believe me? Or just perceive me as little ole Random. I have vivid memories of dating my own "Sharain." I remember this cute ass girl that I met at a block party, only to learn she lived in this project complex with a bunch of dudes that would ask me "where you from my Brotha?".

So when she invited me over, I rode a bike over there with my cousin and friend just because I was afraid I might get jumped if I went by myself. At that age, I used to rap with my boys and we were indeed listening to Young Jeezy and Wayne around that time, almost all day, fooling around, looking for something to get into. Plenty of adventures that make me relate to the art of peerpressure. Then there is the fact that I don't drink but my dads side of the family were alcoholics. So many emotions and sensibilities that hit hard to me, most notably the main theme of being pulled in two directions as a "good kid" in a "mad city."

Kendrick is 26, I'm 25, and I believe he made an album that many black boys our age can relate to, and I appreciate that...just like I appreciated Blu's album for being something a lot of 21-year-old black dudes could relate to.

I understand that relating to music isn't the same as that music actually being good. You have to separate the two if you're judging the music. There are flaws in Good Kid Maad City, and I can objectively point out a few of the corny hooks, at times weak lyricism, and questionable beats...but as a whole I think it's clear that hip hop in general is on the cusp of accepting the project as a classic.

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:05pm
Macklemore even told Kendricks that he was robbed

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:09pm
Kendrick is not overrated to me. He is lyrically ill and had good singles. I'm a J.Cole lover but his career will be like Nas's, White folks just don't care for him.

Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:27pm
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis/AP

Macklemore to Kendrick Lamar after Grammys: 'You got robbed'

"I wanted you to win. You should have," Seattle rapper texted Compton MC

BY MIKE AYERS 
http://www.rollingstone.com/" rel="nofollow - Rolling Stone

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis cleaned up at the Grammys last night, winning Best New Artist and three awards in the Rap category. But after the ceremony, Macklemore Instagrammed a picture of a text he sent fellow nominee Kendrick Lamar, which reads, "You got robbed. I wanted you to win. You should have. It's weird and it sucks that I robbed you."

Also from Rolling Stone:  http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/grammys-2014-the-hottest-looks-from-the-red-carpet-20140126" rel="nofollow - Grammys 2014: Check Out the Hottest Looks From the Red Carpet

Macklemore was referring to Lamar's critically accalimed debut, "Good Kid, m.A.A.d City," which yielded seven nominations for last night's awards -- and won none. "I was gonna say that during the speech," Mackelmore's text continues. "Then the music started playing during my speech and I froze. Anyway you know what it is. Congrats on this year and your music."

In the caption section of his Instagram post, Mackelmore explained that while he's not trying to diminish "The Heist's "win for Best Rap Album, it well, might not have been the best out there. "He deserved best rap album," he wrote. "I'm honored and completely blown away to win anything much less 4 Grammys. But in that category, he should have won IMO."

Also from Rolling Stone:  http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/grammy-awards-2014-the-complete-winners-list-20140126" rel="nofollow - Grammys 2014: The Complete Winners List

Still, the night wasn't a wash for Lamar -- his collaboration with Las Vegas rock band Imagine Dragons was one of the best-received performances of the night. The two acts combined their hits -- Lamar's "m.a.a.d. city" and Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive" for an electrifying live mash-up.

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis also had a much-buzzed-about performance -- their rendition of "Same Love" featured Trombone Shorty, a group marriage performed by Queen Latifah and Madonna singing "Open Your Heart" to the newlyweds.

Next up for both acts: touring overseas, with Lamar playing South Africa, Australia and the Phillipines next month; Macklemore and Ryan Lewis are also slated for a hefty tour of Australia and New Zealand, with dates also booked in China and Japan.

More from Rolling Stone 

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:30pm
the vid I heard this morning on the radio, he says the process is basically an inside job with ppl voting on stuff they know nothing about..  Take a listen so u know how the ballots work.  Its basically a game of popularity & favorites.  but still  idc @ kendrick

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:35pm
Macklemore is very humble compared to kendrick

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:37pm
I can see macklemore now typing that long ass text message while sipping champagne outta his grammy.....yall should know better

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

mackle is very astute at being pc

he could have not accepted his award

or not even said his thanks etc

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:40pm
He's tryna appear humble.
that cracka. 

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 1:54pm

I can see macklemore now typing that long ass text message while sipping champagne outta his grammy.....yall should know better

I see that too

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

I see that too

I have to agree with these two ladies.

Macklemore don't want that Kendrick Diss..

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 2:10pm
yall seem more hurt than Kendrick is, lolLOL
Maybe he'll do another control verse to get yall hype again & this time name Macklemore to make u happyClap

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 2:12pm
White folks gon call him petty so fast if he disses Macklemore.....

Posted By: harley_quinn
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 2:31pm
I thought Macklemore was like Weird Al Yankabish....I didn't know ppl took that Thrift Store song serious wtf.

Posted By: harley_quinn
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 2:32pm

And this.

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 2:55pm
thrift store is hot garbage...

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

lol that puss ass cracker makes it hard for me to dislike him

ill wait for lord jamar to comment, on this travesty

Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by harley_quinn harley_quinn wrote:

I thought Macklemore was like Weird Al Yankabish....I didn't know ppl took that Thrift Store song serious wtf.

lmao!!  

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 9:29pm

IA.

Weird looking ofay knows exactly wtf he's doing by trying to look humble knowing good and well his success is due to his lack of melanin.Geek

Posted By: Mz. Mocha
Date Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 9:54pm
I don't think he should have released that text or email. It doesn't change anything the board is not going to take his award away and give it to Kendrick

Date Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 12:36pm
fucck macklemore

guess we forgot bout this

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 12:38pm

I agree

Date Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

IA.

Weird looking ofay knows exactly wtf he's doing by trying to look humble knowing good and well his success is due to his lack of melanin.Geek
you 'memba what i said when he came out with that white privilege statement?

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 12:40pm

yoooooooo me too. I think after that gay promo song is when he was taken seriously.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 12:44pm

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

IA.

you 'memba what i said when he came out with that white privilege statement?
Yep.

He is cashin' in all the way.

Date Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 12:46pm
Afro, do you remember when Will Smith boycotted Grammys because they wouldn't air rap portion on tv? Or are you too young? lol. They won that year too.

Jazzy J showed up tho.

Date Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 12:50pm

fucck macklemore

guess we forgot bout this

I miss this YeCry

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 12:53pm

Me too..
S

Date Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 12:55pm
lmaoooo was that before or after the taylor swift debacle????

Date Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 1:04pm

lmaoooo was that before or after the taylor swift debacle????
before, I didn't play the video, but I remember that. He wanted to give it to UGK & Outkast.

If I was Macklemore, I won't give sh*t away. Kendrick is not that great. Drake is way better

Date Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 1:13pm

Afro, do you remember when Will Smith boycotted Grammys because they wouldn't air rap portion on tv? Or are you too young? lol. They won that year too.

Jazzy J showed up tho.

purp im in the bhm nursing beside you in our rocking pieces of oak furniture handcrafted by martian artisans

'course i remember that

91 or two right?

Date Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 1:13pm

thanks bunny.  well at least he is consistant...lol

i really like kendricks music. 

but i agree.  i like drake waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better as well....
i saw him in concert recently and added him to my "will pay whatever whenever to see him live" list...

Date Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 1:14pm

dp...

Date Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 1:20pm

Jazzy J showed up tho.

purp im in the bhm nursing beside you in our rocking pieces of oak furniture handcrafted by martian artisans

'course i remember that

91 or two right?

it was around then; 89-90/1??. Will was  seemed different then.

Date Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 1:23pm

and, you so crazyLOL

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 1:25pm
I only can name one Kendrick Lamar song and that is the one with the Janet Jackson sample, I guess I'm not really into music like that.

Date Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 1:26pm
i want a tricked out sprakely rocker...but imma also need a furry blanket and cocktails...lol

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 2:23pm

Drake Calls Macklemore's Grammy Apology Text 'Wack As F--k'

drake-worst-behavior-1
After Macklemore and Ryan Lewis won Best New Artist and three trophies in the rap category at last month's Grammy Awards, the duo's mouthpiece tried to prove that he thought another nominee should have walked off with some golden hardware: "You got robbed," Macklemore texted Kendrick Lamar. "I wanted you to win."

The private message — which Macklemore made very public by posting it on Instagram — didn't strike everyone as generous. And in the new issue of Rolling Stone (on stands Friday), Drake makes it very clear he thought the message was unnecessary. To put it bluntly, he thought "that sh*t was wack as ."

"I was like, 'You won. Why are you posting your text message? Just chill. Take your W, and if you feel you didn't deserve it, go get better — make better music,'" he tells us. "It felt cheap. It didn't feel genuine. Why do that? Why feel guilt? You think those guys would pay homage to you if they won?"
http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/85656245.html?page=3&cut_expand=1#cutid1" rel="nofollow - more  )

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 2:29pm
sometimes i really love this emotional brotha 

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 2:36pm
I really don't pay alot of attn to hip hop but iloled at this story!

Date Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 3:25pm
Lol @ Mack being the only rapper drake would come for

Date Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 4:47pm
this is the crux of the matter, the bold, he feels left out

And in the end, if Macklemore was going to start doling out apologies, he should have reached out to more nominees, Drake says. "To name just Kendrick? That sh*t made me feel funny. No, in that case, you robbed everybody. We all need text messages!"

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 6:46pm
lol

Date Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 6:49pm

i want a tricked out sprakely rocker...but imma also need a furry blanket and cocktails...lol

LOL

I can see it LOL

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 9:11pm
drake is a real Brotha

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Drake Calls Macklemore's Grammy Apology Text 'Wack As F--k'

drake-worst-behavior-1
After Macklemore and Ryan Lewis won Best New Artist and three trophies in the rap category at last month's Grammy Awards, the duo's mouthpiece tried to prove that he thought another nominee should have walked off with some golden hardware: "You got robbed," Macklemore texted Kendrick Lamar. "I wanted you to win."

The private message — which Macklemore made very public by posting it on Instagram — didn't strike everyone as generous. And in the new issue of Rolling Stone (on stands Friday), Drake makes it very clear he thought the message was unnecessary. To put it bluntly, he thought "that sh*t was wack as ."

"I was like, 'You won. Why are you posting your text message? Just chill. Take your W, and if you feel you didn't deserve it, go get better — make better music,'" he tells us. "It felt cheap. It didn't feel genuine. Why do that? Why feel guilt? You think those guys would pay homage to you if they won?"
http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/85656245.html?page=3&cut_expand=1#cutid1" rel="nofollow - more  )

I love me some Drake

Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 10:16am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

drake is a real Brotha

On life he had moment LOL

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 10:41am
Does Drake call out other rappers like this ?

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 10:51am
maybe he doesnt respect macklemore like the others.. 

i don't like macklemore. 

go drake! Heart

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 10:59am
why macklemore apologize at all...it aint his fault the grammys love honkeys

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 11:02am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

why macklemore apologize at all...it aint his fault the grammys love honkeys

let that nigguh apologize for his privilege! Angry

Print Page | Close Window