Print Page | Close Window

3 Killed in Shooting at Columbia Mall (Maryland)

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367911
Printed Date: Oct 21 2017 at 9:15pm

Topic: 3 Killed in Shooting at Columbia Mall (Maryland)
Posted By: PurplePhase
Subject: 3 Killed in Shooting at Columbia Mall (Maryland)
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 11:38am
dam; not again.

3 reported killed in shooting at Maryland mall

(CNN) -- Gunfire erupted in a Columbia, Maryland, shopping mall Saturday morning, leaving at least three people dead, according to the Howard County Police Department's Twitter account.

Authorities reported that an active shooter was on the second floor of the sprawling mall in Columbia in Howard County, according to CNN affiliate WBAL. Local scanner reports had authorities requesting multiple mass casualty units.

Images on Twitter reportedly from the scene showed mall employees and customers hiding in a stock room. The mall was on lockdown. Another Twitter image reportedly from the scene showed a bullet-riddled wall.

The Howard County Fire Department on Twitter reported an active shooter situation.

Both the Howard County police and fire departments were on the scene.

The fire department via Twitter advised people to avoid the area. CNN was first alerted to this story on Twitter.

Replies:
Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 11:45am
jesus christ...

hopefully they catch the coward gunmen or gunman before they commit suicide or kill anybody else.

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 11:47am
Yeah the gunman killed 2 and then killed himself. Scary stuff man, I go to that mall all the time. I hope no one I know is affected. People are crazy forreal.

Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 11:49am
^^yeah scary. I just calle d to check on MIL, et al.

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 11:55am
Well I was going to that mall today. I really need people to keep their crazy at home. I wonder if this was random?!?

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 12:00pm
smh! I just cant deal. I live less than 15 min from that mall and its my go to mall for something quick. A friend of mine from high school has been tweeting as he is inside right now. smh He took pics of the bullet holes and it was so many of them. 

Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 12:04pm
^^scary

Posted By: TexturizedDiva
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 12:04pm
Damn. That used to be my spot when I was younger.

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 12:05pm

this shyt is just getting worse with these crazy people

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 12:24pm
What is going on?  Damn people can't shop in peace anymore.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 12:33pm
Time to install metal detectors and a real cop at all malls and movie theaters . Tired of crazy coward fools .

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Ladycoils Ladycoils wrote:

I really need people to keep their crazy at home. 

Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 1:21pm
Gun control please.

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 1:50pm
No where is safe anymore, that is why when I go out.  I am vigilant, I don't be so deep in my book or music, I look around, watch who is around me, be aware on the metro, and honestly just be careful.  I even avoid super large crowds.

Things I did not do years ago, I do now.Unhappy

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 2:02pm
But gun control laws are nowhere to be found.
Only if some crazy person kills someone important that maybe, maybe, laws will be created.

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

But gun control laws are nowhere to be found.
Only if some crazy person kills someone important that maybe, maybe, laws will be created.
With how gun happy America is, nothing much is going to happen.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 2:35pm
Scary:(

Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 5:52pm
Police investigating a shooting at a Maryland mall that left three dead, including the suspected shooter, are considering the possibility it was a domestic dispute involving a man, his estranged girlfriend, and her boyfriend, law enforcement sources told ABC News.

Before confirming that, law enforcement is trying to make sure they have the identities of the dead correct, and trying to rule out any other possibilities, sources said.

At a news conference this afternoon, Howard County Police Department Chief Bill McMahon said police were not yet releasing the identities of the three dead, and said they were still investigating a possible motive, but they were sure the incident was over.

"We are very confident that it was a single shooter, that there is no other shooter in the mall," McMahon said.

All three of the dead were found in the Zumiez store. McMahon said the two victims, a male and a female in their 20s, were employees of the skateboard store.

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 5:55pm
May they rest in peace.

Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

what laws will stop "crazy" people from taking or getting a gun from someone that has the legal right to carry one?

I'm not gun happy but was just wondering
Oh, it's too late for America to really do anything about guns now. That's what's so sad about it.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 5:59pm
Maryland actually has strict gun control laws.

Posted By: beebeexx
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 8:45pm
y'all are screaming gun control but Maryland just passed a slew of gun control laws so...

Date Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 6:13pm
yeah, he looks black, which surprised me.

Date Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

y'all are screaming gun control but Maryland just passed a slew of gun control laws so...

yeah i think the laws are pretty ointless because maryland is surrounded on all sides by states with very little gun control (VA, PA, WV). there's no invisible fence that keeps the guns from going into MD so it really only hurts the laziest of criminals.

Print Page | Close Window