Print Page | Close Window

Are you a yes (wo)MAN?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367884
Printed Date: Dec 14 2017 at 12:07pm

Topic: Are you a yes (wo)MAN?
Posted By: mangachan
Subject: Are you a yes (wo)MAN?
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 12:13pm
I anyone here a yes woman?  How does one get over this?  How has it affected your life/career?  If you are a "yes man"how to you get around saying NO to people how have...how should I say...strong personalities?

*edited cause I can't spell*

Replies:
Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 12:18pm
Use to than I learn to punch people and cripple them. Now they are yes (wo)man Muwhahababab

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 12:20pm
!! nope. 

i would say learning and accepting that it's ok to have an opinion/boundaries/communicate assertively is key. from there, practice at doing so. 

start with saying no to the small things and work your way up. 

Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 12:24pm
I have no problems telling ANYBODY hells to the no

.....Except maybe my nephew. Only cause he has dimples and the puppy dog eyes, but he's growing out of them so I'll be immune shortly

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 12:28pm
Nope, if you perfect your side eye like I have people won't even ask you simple shyt. I will laugh and say " YOU TRIED IT" and act like they never said anything and start rambling about lipstick or body sugar.

No seriously if it is really bothering you just have to stop being so easy going. 

When someone asks you to do something you don;t want to do, ask them is there any reason why can't do that YOURSELF and be firm. Even if they give a reason you say well its hard being an adult but we all have to manage things, good luck with that and walk your tail away.

They will learn.

Posted By: Bonjour baby ooowee
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 1:16pm
I have a MILLION ways to say "NO" I love it!
I practice different tones/ pitches in my voice / how many different ways to say "NO"    it's actually one of my specialtys

sidenote: I'm the Master @ not sayin a word & leavin you standin right there lookin dumb (OR) leavin you with that dumbazz question unanswered while im gone about my happy life and bests believe they get the message

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 1:36pm
Me and no are best friends. I have no problem saying no to anyone including my kids. People will run you raggedy if you allow them.

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 1:40pm
I used to. But then I started noticing that no one, not even my mom, always says yes to me. Why break my back for everybody else, when I needed to b breaking my back for myself? Plus, I started thinking that if I'm doing things begrudgingly, that's not really saying yes. Sometimes I think about saying yes still, but then I really think about it and say no.

Of course this pertains to situations that "no" is an appropriate answer for me. No, u can't use my car if I have to b at work early. No, I will not do ur hair if I have ANYTHING else to do. No, u can't borrow any money, if its not money that i won't need back. No, u can't wear my shirt because u never gave the other one back. And lastly, no baby, u can't have a cookie.

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 1:42pm
No... People who know that about you take advantage. I either side eye or of its over the phone, I started the "damn...what you gon do?" Idc what was asked or implied. If I don't want/ cant, I wont. in most cases

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 2:10pm
yes I am

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 2:14pm
I can't say no to dick. 
Everything else though...

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 2:18pm
lol
money?

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

I have no problems telling ANYBODY hells to the no

.....Except maybe my nephew. Only cause he has dimples and the puppy dog eyes, but he's growing out of them so I'll be immune shortly

Too late, he knows your weaknesses.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 3:31pm
Yes, when it comes to family and friends and when I do say no I feel guilty like I SHOULD have said yes Confused

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 4:05pm

I have a hard time saying no, so instead I just ignore the hale out of folks msgs, texts, phone calls go straight to voicemail everytime until they take the hint and go away on their own

this works well in most cases^^

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 4:09pm
i guess i used to be. im not sure what changed. i say no like it aint nothing....im now working on how to say no without explaining myself.wmahah

Posted By: HaitianLuv
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 4:30pm
heck nah. My lazy azz dont like doing nothing for myself and you want me to do something for you?? i say say no or "uhhh, probably not". my mom is a yes person. her friends and family run her to the ground and give nothing back. whenever the want something they go straight to my mom and she says yes with out any forethought of whether or not she's working. Its sad. I wish she would say no. Like my mom's friend ( lets call her A) has a big house just like ours. A's friend is having a baby so A wants to throw a baby shower. She goes to tell another lady that my mom really doesnt know to ask my mom to have the party at our house. What? it's YOUR friend why have the baby shower at OUR house? and my mom immediately says yes. this happens all the time. Random people keep wanting to hold parties at our house because it's big. Its annoying because they're raising our utility bills. I really wish she would grow a back bone. she pays for people's plane tickets when she knows damn well they're not going to pay her back, she lets people borrow her good beautiful clothes knowing they arent going to give it back.

Posted By: newin2009
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 6:38pm
I used to be. Then I had a child, turned 30 and stopped caring too much about what people think of me. I practiced saying no with smaller things, now I have no qualms saying no to most things.

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 6:42pm
I have no problem saying no.

Print Page | Close Window