Print Page | Close Window

Rant!

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves / Extensions (for Newbies)
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367852
Printed Date: Aug 22 2019 at 6:22am

Topic: Rant!
Posted By: CallMeLaLa
Subject: Rant!
Date Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 1:59pm
Ok ladies: So I'm at work and I decide to take my break. I go into the break room and sit down, and I notice one of my supervisors trailing in behind me. She's a lil older than me, so mid-to-late 20s, she's black, really pretty.
So, I notice she doesn't have anything to eat or drink in her hand, but sometimes I don't eat at work so I didn't think anything of it. I'm on IG so I have my head buried in my phone, but I can still see her standing over me. (Being on my phone doesn't make me blind). Then I see her index finger coming towards my head! ..."Can I help you?"

"Oh!! I'm sorry!!!"

Seriously heaux? Like, for what? So then she sits down at the same table I'm sitting at and stares at me for 2-3 minutes. Again I ask, "Can I help you?"

"Oh, is that your real hair?"

"No, it's weave."

"Really? Wow...really? Why do you tell people it's weave?"

"Because people keep asking."

"What kind of hair is it?"

"Kinky curly."

"Oh, well where'd you get it from?"

"The internet."

Seriously, I don't mind people asking and I don't mind telling. But attempting to put your fingers in my hair.. like, for what?? What do you want? Can I help you b*tch?

*Sigh* Ok, rant over, lol.

Replies:
Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 2:21pm
I respect the fact that some people don't want people touching their hair. Strangely, it doesn't bother me.

Date Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 2:35pm
I don't mind it if people ask first. I've let a couple of people touch my hair and my weave.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 2:37pm
In the lunchroom all kinds of the WRONG thirsty.

Date Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 2:39pm
For ME, it's usually non Black people that do this.

Date Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 2:42pm
Buuut, I live in a city that's 93% Mexican and if you don't touch the item (or person), that you complimented, it's considered "ojo"/bad luck.

If you tell someone "I like your earrings.", you're expected to touch them as well, so the owner doesn't lose or break them.

Same for a baby. If you say someone's baby is cute, you're expected to touch the baby, which is a big "no-no" for most Black folks.

Date Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 4:40pm
@Princess Grace Yes exactly, lol. Good way of putting it.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 4:44pm
Be nice, aint nobody got time to be wrote up about some foolery when its really about she all up in her feelings about some weave that don't belong to her.

Date Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 5:01pm
@Cream that's a neat lil tidbit. I love learning about different cultures and the juxtapositions of cultural practices and traditions. However, lol, I did not receive a compliment, so the uninvited index finger is still lame.

Date Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 5:07pm
@Princess Grace That's the truth, girl. I have never let a chick, petty as she may be, mess up my money, honey.

Posted By: NemaBee
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 9:08am
OMG, when will people learn how to respect other people's private space? You cannot just put your finger into someone's head like that ! Angry

Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 2:40pm
Exactly girl! A mess.

Print Page | Close Window