Print Page | Close Window

Is CP time disrespectful?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=367727
Printed Date: Nov 21 2018 at 6:01am

Topic: Is CP time disrespectful?
Posted By: trudawg
Subject: Is CP time disrespectful?
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 6:22pm
I usually host Sunday dinner and I purposefully make the start time earlier than it is because all my folks are consistently on CP time. I kinda fell like its disrespectful, but I kinda know how it is. What say you?

Replies:
Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 6:29pm
Does not bother me when the ev.ent is informal

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 6:31pm
Well I'm on West African time. We think CP is awesome and respectful we brag about how you guys are always on time to eventsLOL 

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 6:33pm
Yes its disrespectful.

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 6:34pm
yes, very.
folk who deal with me in real life know whats good
They will mess around and be left on the porch in the cold as im putting food in Tupperware
unless they call and let me know before hand, then i'll make the exception

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 6:35pm
CP is the only time I go by so...trying to work on that though.

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 6:37pm
Late is late. I think it's disrespectful especially when you're feeding them.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 6:40pm
Parties are different.

But if it's something that has a set time and you're late....

Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

Late is late. I think it's disrespectful especially when you're feeding them.

that's kinda how I've been feeling, but I know I'm guilty of it as well ( to parties), not dinner though.

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 7:12pm
It depends on the event. I have relatives that are always late even when you tell them an earlier start time. I just wont depend on people who are always late.

Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 7:18pm
Here's a link to my Sunday Dinner & Discussion Tumblr page, err body of color on there be late, lol

http://sunday-sessions.tumblr.com/" rel="nofollow - http://sunday-sessions.tumblr.com/

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 7:23pm
being late is rude lol

i hate when people don't respect my time
i think because my parents were always late, i'm very adamant about being on time

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 7:50pm
Depends.
Ia with Nita .

Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

Here's a link to my Sunday Dinner & Discussion Tumblr page, err body of color on there be late, lol

http://sunday-sessions.tumblr.com/" rel="nofollow - http://sunday-sessions.tumblr.com/
maybe they don't mean to be rude or disrespectful, but it's just who they are. Like they can try hard,but it is in their DNA.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 7:56pm
In 2014 I've resolved to be on time or no more than ten minutes late. I've done well so far. It's rude and I'm trying to be a more considerate person in 2014.

Posted By: dazed&
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 8:37pm
I absolutely cannot stand when people are late. I feel like it's disrespectful. If you say you're going to be somewhere at a certain time, then I expect you to be there at that time. Of course there are exceptions for people who let me know IN ADVANCE, but don't call me after the set time and then tell me you're gonna be late. Lateness in general is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 8:40pm
sh*t happens. I don't mind lateness.

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 9:29pm
I'm late pretty much at most things except for my job.  I don't consider it disrespect on my part.

Family events are laid back so if you are late, chances are you will miss out on some good food, lol

Posted By: Cocoa
Date Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

maybe they don't mean to be rude or disrespectful, but it's just who they are. Like they can try hard,but it is in their DNA.

But they can clock into work at 7:59am though...

Yeah, it rude.

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 11:02am
yes.

Posted By: Jewels212*
Date Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 11:13am
When my bro was getting married, he made two seperate wedding invites with two different times. Our side got a much earlier time while his yt wife and fam got the correct time. Our side was still late!LOL 

Posted By: Omni Harmony
Date Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Jewels212* Jewels212* wrote:

When my bro was getting married, he made two seperate wedding invites with two different times. Our side got a much earlier time while his yt wife and fam got the correct time. Our side was still late!LOL 
LOLLOL

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 11:15am
@Jewels212:  LOL Dead LOL

Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

being late is rude lol

i hate when people don't respect my time
i think because my parents were always late, i'm very adamant about being on time

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Jewels212* Jewels212* wrote:

Lawd Dead

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 11:31am
Ain't no such thing as CP time its total disrespect of your event.  I will leave a restaurant in a minute if you wanna show your colored ass up late, then when they text talking bout "where you at" I wait 45 minutes to respond and say I was on CP time but I left.

Posted By: pinkdiemond
Date Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 6:56pm
very rude if you are the one left waiting

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 10:32pm
it depends on who the host is. ive been to too many people's shyt and when i got there on time, their family is like, "oh, she still at the grocery store - help us put up these decorations'. i got to a surprise party on time and i was with my mom. we got there and the guest of honor was chilling on the couch with her night gown & pajamas on. the host/other guest/none of them MFs were there and there was no one in the kitchen cooking. we made an excuse and left. i called the host like wtf was this? the host was like 'oh sorry, we're running a bit late, please come back to the house in 4 hoursGeek

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 1:37am
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

it depends on who the host is. ive been to too many people's shyt and when i got there on time, their family is like, "oh, she still at the grocery store - help us put up these decorations'. i got to a surprise party on time and i was with my mom. we got there and the guest of honor was chilling on the couch with her night gown & pajamas on. the host/other guest/none of them MFs were there and there was no one in the kitchen cooking. we made an excuse and left. i called the host like wtf was this? the host was like 'oh sorry, we're running a bit late, please come back to the house in 4 hoursGeek

I hate this shyt because I am on time person. My 47 year old sister a few weeks ago had a birthday party at a local club. She told me to be there at 930 to help her set up. I get the club at 915. No sister. 945 she still not there and I text her. She says she is on her way.   1000 she still not there (she lives 5 mins from the club), so me and hubby left and went up the road to a different pub/bar, ate and drank and I didn't come back to her bday party until 1245.   She had the nerve to say I thought you were going ot help me set up. Her excuse "I was going to be there at 10 because I know black folks don't come out until about 11" Really, so why ya ass ask me to come at 930.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 2:16am
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Her excuse "I was going to be there at 10 because I know black folks don't come out until about 11" Really, so why ya ass ask me to come at 930.

See - That is my problem right there. As your sister, she knows that you are prompt and should have never played games.

I tell everyone the correct time and I expect to be given the correct time. Im chronically late (which is a medical issueConfused), but if it is an event that has a special seating time or something like a play/dinner reservation/etc, I am there early.

When you start getting cute and make 'CP Time Differentials' lol it all becomes too much work and makes a person just decline all invitations.

Posted By: iluvmihair
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 4:04am

Omgee I laughed to hard!

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 4:18am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Yes its disrespectful.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 4:47am

CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryLOL

no ma'am.  I have been known to leave.  I sometimes believe sh*t like that is a trick to make u work at an "event" that you were invited to.  I tell them I need to run to the bank and i'll be right back.  And magically while I was out...some bullsh*t happened and it's impossible for me to return.

Posted By: mangachan
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 5:58am
Can't stand it.  I want to get to the event, have it and get on with my life. 

Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 9:21am
I find it super disrespectful. My sister has never been on time in her life. She is sitting in traffic school for speeding as I type this. 

The worst was the Cameroonian wedding that I attended. The bride was 45 minutes late to church and 3hours late to the reception. We had to hang out in the parking lot for 2 hours and then when they let us in the party hall we waited for another hour. When it was time for dinner (buffet style), they were yelling at us like drill sergeants " Hurry, hurry, we're behind schedule!"

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 1:00pm
LOL@ giving different times to the black and white side of the family

I am definitely chronically late, which is typically acceptable for the events I go to. Ex. I recently went to a bridal shower that was scheduled for exactly 2 hours. I got there an hour late, apologized, and they told me they had just started.

• Nigerian parties seem to be like this as well. Starts at 9, but the celebrant gets there at 11.. so I dont feel so late.

• Events at HBCUS NEVER start on time.

• Black folks birthday dinner NEVER start on time. Even when they specifically tell everyone it starts at 6:30, they secretly make the reservation for 7, and people don't really come til 7:30 smh

It's annoying when its something I really need to get to on time and I'm waiting on someone.. other than that.. idc

Print Page | Close Window